Spurs baby

Instead, we'll remember them as the team that turned the NBA Playoffs into the World Cup. Congratulations, fellas.

I like this Simmons guy. Does he write a lot for ESPN?

Thanks for admitting that. It would be hard to discuss serious sports with someone who claims that there are no NBA players in the Cleveland Cavaliers team sans LeBron James.

You are a good capper though.

Well why I am not surprised? You like the Lakers, so you wouldn't admit that they were getting calls earlier in this millennium.

I was being serious. You run the league, you're the main guy there. Why would you want to make a defensive team a dynasty? Doesn't make sense, does it?

Again with the exaggerations. They have no chance of beating others in a fair game? The Spurs are champions, and even though some of them did use cheap shots, it has been overhyped and exaggerated. The whole league is like that, unfortunately.

Ugly to watch? No, they're not ugly to watch. Sports teams don't care about providing substantial amount of "fun", they want to win. I already said I didn't like what Bowen did at times, so I am against cheap shots of any kind, but if you think sports nowadays is about "providing fun for the fans" you've got another thing coming.

You not agreeing that the Lakers got the calls during their most recent championship seasons with both Shaq and Kobe on the team is just a tad too much. I DID SEE those calls, same as I saw some pro-SA calls in recent years. I ADMIT THEM BOTH. But you know what? Both teams got there because they deserve it. Those calls weren't that systematic and that frequent to influence the game in 3 or 4 postseasons.

One game, maybe even one series. We can discuss that. But you are talking about a whole era, a 10 year period, the Spurs cheated their way?

While you know as well as I do that if the Spurs got the calls, so did the Lakers. You have seen those games, you're a smart fellow. You even admitted that O'Neal gets the calls. Well, O'Neal used to play in a yellow jersey.

Why do I like the Spurs? I've explained it several pages ago. I love hustle, love defense, love how they make it happen even when they're down by 3 and they need Duncan to hit a 3 pointer to tie it up (something he hasn't done in 2 years), I love Parker's energy and skill, love how Manu is underrated and how he fights for every ball out there...

As far as the roots of my support for the team are concerned, it was 1994. I just couldn't stand the Jordan mania and I kinda didn't like anyone else, just started following SA.

And no, they didn't cheat their way to 4 NBA titles, they won them. There were shady things which I didn't approve of, but in general they won it fair and square.

People, however, tend to dislike them, because they're no "fun to watch". Fun isn't pro sports main priority. Never was, and never will be.

If you're talking recreational sports, that's another story.

First of all, I'm not talking about 10 years, since I don't remember every Spurs game in the playoffs at that time. I really didn't like Jordan mania either. especially since Utah got robbed of a title as well (if you remember, there was a three by one of the Bulls that came after 24 second clock and they counted it and there was a shot by Eisley, a three pointer as well that was before the 24 second clock ran out and they called it off). I believe in one simple thing, sport must be fair. That is the foundation, you take that away, you got no purpose of sports. The second one is that professional sport is for the fans and the crowd. It's not all about winning, but how you do it as well. Hack the Shaq is plain ugly and I haven't seen it being used in the first quarter before this series (maybe I forgot one or two occasions, but never as a game plan for the whole series). Hack Bowen by Dallas was ugly as well, but there at least it was in the fourth quarter if I remember correctly. If you are trailing and the clock is running, of course you want to foul the guy with the worse FT % possible, but again, as a game plan? U-G-L-Y.
Last year with Horry and Nash, what was it? What would you have said, if Suns would take Skinner, Marks and Piatkowsky and tell them to go on the floor and kick the living hell out of Parker, Duncan and Ginobili? To break their finger, nosem whatever? They would have been kicked from the league for a season (maybe), but all three wouldn't have been in the series and Suns would easily win it. Would that be fair, as the main purpose is to win? What happened between Bowen and Nash and Horry and Nash, wasn't part of the match, as shit happens sometimes, it was thought through action. Let me also add that the first game of last year series they lost in the end due to Nash's bloody nose. I just can't see how you can support such a team. They can win fairly? So why don't they? So even though they can win fairly, they such dirty and rotten people and players that they can't help hemself but play dirty?

bring it on

589294.jpg

gonna be a helluva series

Throwback :shake:

may the better team win

thanks buddy. :cheers: I know this has to hurt right now

I just lost Liverpool FC and Stars in a two week span

I know how it feels :D

also my number one team all time Hajduk Split is at their low as well...

so this comes in rescue of the season. :shake:

:D

*booking a therapist for next week again*

just because of that pic alone

show me the video and I tear this place down :D

Back