Spring/Summer arrest thread

Looks like I can continue to contribute to this thread. RG Alphonse Taylor arrested for DUI on Sunday morning. Taylor started every game last season, but has been rumored to have been passed this spring due to more talented younger players and a reduction in work ethic that coincides with an increase in weight. I'm sure this won't help. Not sure we'll see a suspension, but it may be a moot point because he might not start anyway

Saw this on tweeter yesterday, thought it was pretty funny.

Geoff Calkins@geoff_calkins <small class="time" style="font-size: 13px; color: rgb(136, 153, 166); margin-right: 5px;"> 22h22 hours ago</small>
Alabama offensive lineman arrested for DUI. In response, Nick Saban to make Paul Finebaum run wind sprints.

Looks like I can continue to contribute to this thread. RG Alphonse Taylor arrested for DUI on Sunday morning. Taylor started every game last season, but has been rumored to have been passed this spring due to more talented younger players and a reduction in work ethic that coincides with an increase in weight. I'm sure this won't help. Not sure we'll see a suspension, but it may be a moot point because he might not start anyway

Bruce Feldman@BruceFeldmanCFB <small class="time" style="font-size: 13px; color: rgb(136, 153, 166); margin-right: 5px;"> 22h22 hours ago</small>
I'd be surprised if Saban has Alphonse Taylor miss any action for his DUI..A Bama DB got a SECOND DUI last year. Didn't miss a game in 2015.

<figure class="aligncenter figure" style="box-sizing: border-box; margin: 0px auto 15px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; font-family: &quot;Helvetica Neue&quot;, Arial, sans-serif; color: rgb(51, 51, 51); font-size: 12px; vertical-align: baseline; text-align: center; float: none; background-image: initial; background-attachment: initial; background-size: initial; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial; background-position: initial; background-repeat: initial;">
6_4680022.jpg
</figure>Two Florida freshmen are currently being held in the Alachua County Jail after being charged with property damage and criminal mischief. The criminal mischief charges are third-degree felonies, while each is also charged with a second-degree felony for firing a weapon into a residence.

Freshman receivers Tyrie Cleveland and Rick Wells, who signed with Florida in February and enrolled in late June, were booked into the Alachua County Jail at around 3:30 a.m. on Monday morning. Bail has not yet been set for either player.

According to a University of Florida Police Department report, the incident occurred on Friday evening. A UFPD officer was dispatched to the Keys dorms on campus around 11:30 p.m., where he observed shattered glass in two panels surrounding a door, as well as the glass on the door itself, on the south side of the building. The damage was estimated to be in excess of $1,000.

After reviewing surveillance footage and cross-checking time stamps with the dorm entry system, Wells and Cleveland were identified. Wells admitted to an officer he had fired a BB gun at the dorms, which were occupied at the time, according to the police report. Both players were booked early Monday morning. Wells also turned over his BB gun to police.

The duo were childhood friends from Jacksonville. Cleveland later moved to Houston, where he finished out his high school career before inking with Florida. He was rated as the No. 2 receiver in the country and was expected to have an immediate impact at the position for Florida this fall.

WTF

[FONT=&quot]
CornNation@CornNation<button aria-label="Follow" type="button" class="_1TjuYEBn _2-4iX4OK SUwL6xuB _2eb6cDox _2zxnpfne _2AIt9kbG" data-testid="14085431-follow" style="color: rgb(29, 161, 242); font-style: inherit; font-variant: inherit; font-weight: 700; font-stretch: inherit; font-size: 1rem; line-height: inherit; font-family: inherit; margin: 0px; overflow: visible; -webkit-appearance: none; cursor: pointer; border: 1px solid currentcolor; padding: 0px 1em; align-items: stretch; display: flex; flex-direction: column; flex-shrink: 0; justify-content: center; list-style: none; position: relative; border-radius: 0.35rem; -webkit-user-select: none; min-height: 2.625rem; min-width: 2.11313rem; background: rgb(255, 255, 255);"><svg viewBox="0 0 78 72" class="VrUcuQsN _26GO0DBn">
</path></svg></button>

[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Michigan State punter Mike Sadler was also killed in the same accident.[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Jul 24, 2016, 1:53 PM[/FONT]

So there was apparently a kickers camp up there?

Read, and who knows, that LSU kicker in critical condition with burns.

looks like lsu kicker was released from the hospital. apparently, there was a huge rainstorm. sadler was driving, slid off the road, and hit a tree.

Jovon Robinson dismissed from auburn's football program. Wasted talent there

Auburn RB depth chart at end of 2015:
Peyton Barber - left for NFL after RS Soph season
Jovon Robinson - dismissed
Roc Thomas - transferred

They now have 52 RB carries returning from last years squad. They would have had 450 before the attrition of the above three guys

Reports from last week that Taylor's BAC was 0.0. He failed a field sobriety test and said that he had hit his head on the steering wheel after running into a parked car. He remains suspended, so I'm guessing that while he wasn't under the influence of alcohol, maybe he was high. Not sure if there will be any charges/convictions though. Been a busy offseason for Saban, I'm sure he's as happy as anyone that practice starts today

That's the excuse Denard should have used, lol.

Definitely a busy summer for St Nick.

Louisiana Tech QB Ryan Higgins arrested for DWI. No word on punishment yet, team reports Sunday.

Back