Spring Reports?

SHSUHorn

Thief
Post in here if you here any injuries or any other news that might help us for opening games of the year.

In regards to Texas one quote from Mack Brown that I liked was he was going to play his #2 QB much, much more so he doesn't have the debacle at the end of the year where Mccoy went down and a backup QB couldn't pull out the win or give him trust that he started an injured Mccoy vs Aggie.

In other words in blowouts instead of handing the ball off expect the two frosh QB (both are studs in Sherrod Harris and John Chiles) to throw the ball a little more to get them some experience.

<table align="center" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="1" width="98%"><tbody><tr><td colspan="3" class="storytitle"> Knee injury sidelines Ainge </td> </tr> <tr> <td class="primaryimage" valign="top">
370679.jpg

</td> <td nowrap="nowrap" width="3">
</td> <td valign="top"> By UT reports

Posted Mar 9, 2007

Tennessee head coach Phillip Fulmer announced Thursday that senior Erik Ainge has suffered an injury to his right knee, believed to be a torn meniscus. Fulmer said the UT Sports Medicine Staff continues to evaluate the injury and plans are being made for surgery.
</td></tr> <tr> <td colspan="3">
"We've got to go through the process and see the doctor," Fulmer said. "We've gotten the MRI; we've seen the radiologist; now we just have to see the doctor. "He could practice and actually has been practicing with it for several days, but there's no reason to put him through that risk. He's had a fantastic spring."
Fulmer does not know of a single event that caused the injury, only that his quarterback has been bothered by a swollen knee over the past few days.
"We think it's probably from something that happened previously," the coach said. "It could have been in high school, it could have been here. It wasn't any trauma or any one particular lick. It sometimes happens."
Should Ainge need complete removal of the meniscus, recovery of 4-6 weeks is expected. A repair of the meniscus results in an eight- to 12-week recovery period but would be better for his long-term mobility.
"Either way, he should be just fine by the time we get to June and approaching the season," Fulmer said.
Ainge said that although he is disappointed by the injury, the timing was OK.
"I was able to practice almost the entire spring with my knee banged up," Ainge said. "It's just one of those things. There wasn't any one incidence where I tore it that I know about. I'm just going to pray for the best."
The Vols passed the halfway mark of spring practice with Thursday's session at Neyland Stadium and now are off for spring break, returning to the practice field March 20. Tennessee has six spring workouts remaining before the March 31 EdAmerica Orange and White Game.
"I'm just glad we are able to take care of it," Fulmer said. "It's another advantage of starting spring as early as we started it because it gives us plenty of recovery time."

I had this injury when I played. He'll be back 100% no problem especially with the good doctors he has access too. So the Jim Bob Cooter era will have to wait. It does hurt the Vols since they'll have a new WR corps this year and the practice time would have helped Ainge get his timing down with them. The opening game with Cal just got tougher
</td></tr></tbody></table>

<TABLE class=bg0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=428 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD width=418>[FONT=arial,sans-serif]Wednesday, March 14, 2007[/FONT]</TD><TD></TD></TR><TR><TD width=5>
spacer.gif
</TD><TD width=418>
spacer.gif

[FONT=arial,sans-serif]Carr pre-spring presser: No Arrington, Germany, Butler?
Good news, Michigan fans: Spring football practice is starting. Lloyd Carr held his annual pre-spring press conference on Wednesday and touched on some interesting issues.

TheWolverine.com: "Tomorrow we will complete the first phase of the 2007 season, our winter conditioning program. We've made some improvements individually. As we go into spring practice, we're allotted 15 days, three of which are without any pads, helmets only. Two of those will be the two opening practices this weekend, Saturday and Sunday. Then we'll get into the schedule basically of Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday for the next four weeks.

"We have a lot of work to do, particularly true on defense because of the number of players we lost. What we will try to accomplish, the No. 1 goal I always have is that if every single guy will improve significantly by having a great attitude, competing as hard as they can, they'll improve. If every guy improves in the next 15 practices, we'll be a better football team."

On Adrian Arrington: "There are a number of guys … one of the biggest issues everybody in the country has this time of year is numbers. You don't have a freshman class, you've lost your senior class. Numbers are a real issue.

"A year ago we had probably the best spring football we had in a number of years. We did not have a lot of injuries coming out of the season we had to take care of. This year we have several guys who will not compete because of injuries. This time of year there are also other issues that arise that have to dealt with. That's part of the landscape."

On if Arrington, Carson Butler or Eugene Germany will participate in spring practice: "No."

On if they will return for the fall: "That is possible, maybe not probable."

On Mike Hart's injury status: "Mike Hart will not play spring practice. He had a minor arthroscopic procedure a couple of days ago … he'll be fine, but in winter conditioning he still had some discomfort." (Carr refused to elaborate on what the injury actually was.
On other injuries: "Brandent Englemon … Steve Schilling will practice. But we're not clear yet. We'll have to see how he does the first couple of weeks.

"Mario Manningham will be limited. We'll have to see how he comes along the next couple of weeks. I'm hoping all of them will be able to get some contact work the last few weeks, but I can't give you an answer on that.

"Adam Kraus is out. He had some work done. He played most of the season with a lot of discomfort. The decision was made to have that corrected, and he's doing fine. But he'll miss the spring."
On the possibility of Antonio Bass returning: "I'm not optimistic."​
[/FONT]</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Not good news on the UM front. #2 WR Adrian Arrington might be kicked off the team for unspecified reasons along with starting TE Butler.

'Issues' force Carr to bench Arrington for spring practice
Angelique Chengelis The Detroit News
<!-- EDITORIAL: end headline area --><!-- ALL: Begin main story well --><!-- ALL: begin inside right column for poster ad, photos, related links --><!-- ADVERTISING: begin poster area -->

<!-- EDITORIAL: end get email headlines --><!-- EDITORIAL: begin photos and related links --><!-- EDITORIAL: begin first photo and fact box -->
bilde
John T. Greilick / The Detroit News
Adrian Arrington See full image

<!-- EDITORIAL: end first photo and fact box --><!-- EDITORIAL: begin related items --><!-- EDITORIAL: end related items --><!-- EDITORIAL: begin rest of pix and print, comment, email, subscribe links -->
<SCRIPT language=JavaScript1.2> function NewWindow(height,width,url) {window.open(url,"ShowProdWindow","menubars=0,scrollbars=1,resizable=1,height="+height+",width="+width); } </SCRIPT><!-- EDITORIAL: end rest of pix and print, comment, email, subscribe links -->
<!-- EDITORIAL: end photos and related links -->
<!-- end inside right column --><!-- EDITORIAL: begin body of the story -->ANN ARBOR -- Two returning starters for Michigan's football team -- receiver Adrian Arrington and tight end Carson Butler -- and reserve defensive lineman Eugene Germany will not participate in spring practice, apparently for violation of team rules.
"They are not practicing, and they are not injured," coach Lloyd Carr said Wednesday. "I have issues that have to be dealt with."
Carr was asked if the three would return for Michigan this fall. He replied: "That is possible, maybe not probable."
Arrington caught 40 passes for 544 yards and eight touchdowns last season. Butler had 19 receptions for 166 yards and one touchdown.
Spring practice begins Saturday but the Wolverines will be missing a number of players, including star tailback Mike Hart, who underwent a "minor arthroscopic procedure" earlier this week. Carr would not be specific on the injury.

http://www.detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070314/UPDATE/703140452/1131/SPORTS0201

Last edited:
So Car is about to begin spring practice w/ a spring game on 4/14. I will have a pretty good feel on this team by then heading into summer.

The biggest question is who will replace Sidney Rice as the go-to receiver. There could be an answer this spring.

"Perhaps the most intriguing on the USC roster to watch this spring will be Jared Cook. The 6-foot-5, 242-pound redshirt sophomore tested off the charts recently at the conclusion of winter workouts, reportedly turning in a time of 4.37 seconds in the 40-yard dash, along with a 40 inch vertical leap. Last season Cook split time at tight end and wide receiver. Last season's Auburn contest represented the best of times and the worst of times for the Suwannee, Ga., standout, as he was he made the first touchdown catch of his career on a beautiful pass down the seam from Newton. However, late in the fourth quarter, Cook dropped a similar pass that would have tied the game. His confidence was shaken and did not make much of an impact the remainder of the season."

That dropped pass, the wide open one in front of the student section, ruined Cook's season. Sidney Rice was quoted last yr as saying Cook was the most talented receiver on the team. I must admit myself I raised an eyebrow to his 4.37 this winter but if he is under 4.5 w/ that size than he could be a very big problem for defenders.

While I don't think it will be 1 man to replace Sidney, the gamecocks could be in good hands w/ the #1 receiver class coming in along w/ 5 of the top 6 receivers back on the team and a juco transfer that is also expected to step in right away.

Hunt, just wanted to add to your article about Mich..

"Michigan WR Adrian Arrington, who was suspended from spring practice for an unspecified reason, might not play this fall. If the team loses Arrington, depth at wideout could be an issue: Mario Manningham will miss most of spring drills recuperating from an injury, and Doug Dutch has asked to move to cornerback. Greg Mathews, who played well in spots as a freshman last season, is the No. 1 receiver this spring. Losing five-star home-state wideout recruit Ronald Johnson to Southern California now hurts even more. . . . "

Tidbits from Tressel presser:

Boeckman is big and has a strong arm, but is not a plodder. According to Tressel, Boeckman had the best 40 time of all the quarterbacks two winters ago, a group that included Troy Smith. (Seems like that group didn't include Henton.)

Other items of note include:

* Former strength and conditioning assistant Joe Rudolph has left Ohio State to take a position at Nebraska. Rudolph has been replaced on the OSU staff by former Buckeye and NFL offensive lineman Jeff Uhlenhake. (Where was Uhlenhake before this, Cincinnati?)

* Safety Anderson Russell, who was injured in the Texas game last season, is ahead of schedule in his rehab. Russell will not take part in contact drills this spring, but will do non-contact activity. (I assume he meant to say the Iowa game.)

* Former linebacker Tyler Moeller has been moved to safety. (I wonder how long it will take him to hit the field? How much weight did he gain to play LB? Will he need to drop weight?)

* Center Tyler Waley will play both center and fullback this spring. Tressel quipped that Waley will probably not be looked upon as a receiving threat. (Why would OSU need Waley at FB? Are Dionte and Aram not performing as expected?)

* Defensive end Robert Rose is up to 285 pounds, but will most likely stay at defensive end and will not be looked at seriously as an inside player. (Got to say I'm surprised he won't get a look at DT. Or maybe he did get a look there.)

* Defensive tackle Nader Abdallah has gotten his weight down to about 290, which Tressel said was a positive development, and that Abdallah's lateral movement is much-improved as a result of his weight loss. (I'll believe Abdallah makes an impact here when I see it.)

* Jim Cordle is listed as the starting center on OSU's two-deep, but could be used as OSU's "third" tackle leaving a spot at center open for someone like Jon Skinner. (I stood right next to Cordle while the team was out here in Phoenix. He looks like a big LB, not an OL.)

* Tressel spoke extremely highly of offensive lineman Ben Person who is penciled in at right guard. According to Tressel, Person was pushing last year's starter, T. J. Downing, by season's end. (I'm not surprised by this at all. When the team was out here I commented that Person was the most physically impressive of any OL on the team. I wish he would have replaced Downing during the season. He may have done a better job.)

Ohio State Two Deep for Spring Practice:

Offense
LT - Alex Boone, 6-8, 325, Jr.; Josh Kerr, 6-5, 283, Fr.
LG - Steve Rehring, 6-8, 329, Jr.; Kyle Mitchum, 6-5, 295, Jr.
C - Jim Cordle, 6-4, 285, So; Connor Smith, 6-5, 295, Fr.
RG - Ben Person, 6-4, 315, Jr.; Bryant Browning, 6-4, 328, Fr.
RT - Kirk Barton, 6-6, 310, Sr.; Jon Skinner, 6-5, 300, Jr.
WR - Brian Robiskie, 6-3, 195, Jr.; Devon Lyons, 6-4, 214, Jr.
WR - Brian Hartline, 6-3, 180, So.; Albert Dukes, 6-1, 190, Jr.
WR - Ray Small, 6-0, 175, So.; Dukes
TE - Rory Nicol, 6-5, 250, Jr.; Jake Ballard, 6-7, 255, So.
TB - Chris Wells, 6-1, 230, So.; Maurice Wells, 5-10, 190, Jr.
FB - Dionte Johnson, 6-0, 234, Sr.; Trever Robinson, 6-0, 220, Sr.
QB - Todd Boeckman, 6-5, 235, Jr.; Robbie Schoenhoft, 6-6, 240, So.; Antonio Henton, 6-2, 210, Fr.

Defense
DE - Lawrence Wilson, 6-6, 270, Jr.; Robert Rose, 6-5, 260, So.
DT - Todd Denlinger, 6-3, 280, So.; Nader Abdallah, 6-5, 310, Jr.
DT - Doug Worthington, 6-7, 275, So.; Dexter Larimore, 6-3, 275, Fr.
DE - Vernon Gholston, 6-4, 260, Jr; Alex Barrow, 6-5, 275, Jr.
SLB - Larry Grant, 6-3, 255, Sr.; Curtis Terry, 6-2, 234, Sr; Thaddeus Gibson, 6-3, 220, Fr.
MLB - James Laurinaitis, 6-3, 244, Jr.; Austin Spitler, 6-3, 242, So.
WLB - Marcus Freeman, 6-2, 242, Jr.; Ross Homan, 6-1, 237, So.
CB - Malcolm Jenkins, 6-1, 2-2, Jr.; Andre Amos, 6-1, 180, So.
FS - Nick Patterson, 6-2, 210, Jr.; Aaron Gant, 6-0, 205, So.
SS - Jamario O'Neal, 6-1, 200, Jr.; Kurt Coleman, 5-11, 185, So.
RCB - Donald Washington, 6-1, 195, So.; Brandon Underwood, 6-2, 180, Jr.

Torn ACL to sideline Cavs' top receiver

<!-- end pagetitle --><!-- begin bylinebox -->Associated Press

<!-- begin presby2 -->
<!-- end presby2 -->
<!-- end bylinebox -->
<!-- begin text11 div -->
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD style="PADDING-TOP: 10px" vAlign=top><!-- begin leftcol --><!-- template inline -->CHARLOTTESVILLE, Va. -- Kevin Ogletree, Virginia's top wide receiver, suffered a serious knee injury and is expected to miss the 2007 season.
Ogletree tore an anterior cruciate ligament in practice Friday and will require surgery, coach Al Groh said on Wednesday.
"He tried to make a cut, and it just gave out on him," Groh said on a teleconference with reporters.
Ogletree ranked third in receptions in the Atlantic Coast Conference last season as a sophomore, catching 52 passes for 582 yards and four touchdowns. He played as a true freshman in 2005, so Ogletree can redshirt this season and return in 2008 with two years of eligibility remaining.
"He's understandably disappointed," Groh said. "The third year is where it really happens for a lot of guys."
With Ogletree out, the Cavaliers' top returning wide receiver is rising junior Maurice Covington, who had six catches for 45 yards last season.
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Tidbits from Tressel presser:

Boeckman is big and has a strong arm, but is not a plodder. According to Tressel, Boeckman had the best 40 time of all the quarterbacks two winters ago, a group that included Troy Smith. (Seems like that group didn't include Henton.)

Other items of note include:

* Former strength and conditioning assistant Joe Rudolph has left Ohio State to take a position at Nebraska. Rudolph has been replaced on the OSU staff by former Buckeye and NFL offensive lineman Jeff Uhlenhake. (Where was Uhlenhake before this, Cincinnati?)

* Safety Anderson Russell, who was injured in the Texas game last season, is ahead of schedule in his rehab. Russell will not take part in contact drills this spring, but will do non-contact activity. (I assume he meant to say the Iowa game.)

* Former linebacker Tyler Moeller has been moved to safety. (I wonder how long it will take him to hit the field? How much weight did he gain to play LB? Will he need to drop weight?)

* Center Tyler Waley will play both center and fullback this spring. Tressel quipped that Waley will probably not be looked upon as a receiving threat. (Why would OSU need Waley at FB? Are Dionte and Aram not performing as expected?)

* Defensive end Robert Rose is up to 285 pounds, but will most likely stay at defensive end and will not be looked at seriously as an inside player. (Got to say I'm surprised he won't get a look at DT. Or maybe he did get a look there.)

* Defensive tackle Nader Abdallah has gotten his weight down to about 290, which Tressel said was a positive development, and that Abdallah's lateral movement is much-improved as a result of his weight loss. (I'll believe Abdallah makes an impact here when I see it.)

* Jim Cordle is listed as the starting center on OSU's two-deep, but could be used as OSU's "third" tackle leaving a spot at center open for someone like Jon Skinner. (I stood right next to Cordle while the team was out here in Phoenix. He looks like a big LB, not an OL.)

* Tressel spoke extremely highly of offensive lineman Ben Person who is penciled in at right guard. According to Tressel, Person was pushing last year's starter, T. J. Downing, by season's end. (I'm not surprised by this at all. When the team was out here I commented that Person was the most physically impressive of any OL on the team. I wish he would have replaced Downing during the season. He may have done a better job.)

Good Info Jump. I seriously think Jeff Uhlenhake was the guy that punched Jim Carrey at a urnal in Ace Ventura when he was looking for the missing diamond on the Dolphin players Super Bowl rings. Anyways I heard that more press showed up for Tressel's spring football pressers than Matta's Final 4 pressers. I think OSU won't be as bad as some people think. With no Texas this year they have time to ease in a QB and especially WR's. It should be a Tressel type team with a tough defense and a ball control offense.

OSU is going to be a damn good team, that defense is stacked and beanie Wells is going to be absolutely sick this year. He is my darkhorse for the Heisman.

Here is the Wisconsin spring report. I will have more after the spring game.

QB- There is competition this year to replace John Stocco. So far it looks like Tyler Donovan is the favorite. Kansas St transfer Alan Everidge has been very rusty so far and will have an uphill battle after Donovan’s performance the last 2 games of last year. To be continued

RB- PJ Hill is out for the spring recuperating from shoulder surgery. IMO this is very good because I’m not sold on Hill. He seems to be very soft. Lance Smith has been getting the bulk of the carries this spring and I thing eventually he will be the top RB. He needs to get his head on straight first but I think he could be very special. The Badgers are actually pretty thin at RB since they moved Jamil Walker to DE and another RB transferred. They actually moved a DB to RB. On another note Chris Pressely last years starting FB until he broke his leg in fall camp returns. This guy is a stud and has broken a lot of weight lifting records at UW.

WR/TE- Last years weakness is now a strength with the strong play of Luke Swan, Paul Hubbard, Andy Crooks, and Travis Beckum. This group should only get better. Beckum has only talked about how he needs to improve on his blocking skills and Crooks is looking to become a better reciever. On top of that they return Marcus Randle-El, who will help the depth if he stays out of trouble and becomes half the player his brother was.

OL- The talk of the town is replacing Joe Thomas. Soph Jake Bcherer and RFrosh Gabe Carimi are in competition to replace Thomas. Both are from Wisconsin and know how important of a position OL is for the Badgers. Both are saying the right things also by not saying they need to replace Joe Thomas but help the team and filling the position.

DL- The DL returns some depth but still lost some good players. Justin Ostrowski has quit the team because of chronic knee injuries and Jamal Cooper and Brandon Kelley are suspended until they pull their head out of asses. This still should be one of the deepest DL’s in the country.

LB- Another strong unit for the Badgers as they return Jonathon Casillas and DeAndre Levy. Both should only get better and are very fast for Wisconsin LB’s. The replacement for Mark Zalewski looks to be Elijiah Hodge(Abdul’s brother). This kid has always looked good, and seems to be as good as his brother. The depth could be a problem with this corp especially if there is some injuries.

DB- Both CB’s return yet they are breaking in new S’s. All-Con Jake Ikegwonu and Allen Langford return at CB to solidify the position. Ike should be an All-american candidate if he doesn’t stop breaking into houses and stealing X-box’s. The safety position should be replaced by Shane Carter(Chris’s cousin or nephew) and Aubrey Pleasant. Both are returning from shoulder surgeries.

K- Both kicking spots have returning starters, and very good ones. Taylor Mehlaff returns as kicker and Ken DeBauch returns as punter. This is the best Punter/Kicker combo in the nation. Never underrate Special teams.!

Coaches- When Bret Bielema was named coach he assembled a very good coaching staff. Some how he has kept all of the coaches from last year. Especially OC Paul Chryst, who has turned the Badgers offense into a multi-dimensional offense.

The Badgers will be very hyped this year and probably be in the preseason top 10. I’m not buying into the hype yet. The schedule last year was horrible and this years isn’t too much better. Barry Alverez needs to grow a set and schedule a football power every year. IMO Tyler Donovan will be the starting QB. If they ever get behind in a game, they will have a tough time passing their way back into it, because Donovan likes to run more than pass. Although he’s very talented Beckum won’t have a repeat of last year, I think Stocco was very good with his decision making and without Stocco, Beckums numbers will go down. I think they will have the best defense in the Big 10 and Special teams. But I’m just not sold on PJ Hill and whatever QB starts. Whatever you do, don’t make bets on PJ Hill winning the Heisman. He benefited from having a experience QB and a NFL left tackle. If the Badger live up to expectations the last 3 weeks of the Big 10 season should be very interesting.

11/3 UW@tOSU
11/10 Michigan@UW
11/17 tOSU@Michigan

These 3 weeks will definitely shape the Big 10 conference race.

A report from the other Orange and White game:

Offense worry for UT, Fulmer
Spring game adds to coach's concern

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=10 width=240 align=left border=0><TBODY><TR><TD>
bilde

[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Sans-serif]LaMarcus Coker (22) of Antioch dives over the goal line to score a touchdown during Saturday's Orange and White Game. MICHAEL PATRICK / KNOXVILLE NEWS-SENTINEL[/FONT]</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>By RYAN CALLAHAN
For The Tennessean

Published: Sunday, 04/01/07
KNOXVILLE — The last day of spring practice did nothing to change Tennessee Coach Phillip Fulmer's mind.

After Saturday's Orange and White Game at Neyland Stadium, he was still just as concerned as he has been all spring about the prolonged lack of production from the Vols' offense.
"Wouldn't you be?" Fulmer said.

A crowd of 17,409 watched quarterbacks Jonathan Crompton and Nick Stephens throw a combined three interceptions as the first-team offense failed to score a touchdown until the final minute of the White team's 16-13 victory.

Lucas Taylor's fumble on a screen pass on the opening drive set the tone for yet another scrimmage short on big plays — at least for the offense.
The Vols recorded seven sacks and four interceptions, and the longest offensive play was a 75-yard run by walk-on tailback Roy Olasimbo.

"I talked briefly with (offensive coordinator David) Cutcliffe, just to see what he thought from upstairs," Fulmer said. "And he wasn't very happy."
Cutcliffe declined requests to speak with reporters.

The roster was divided into two teams for the scrimmage, with the first-team offense and second-team defense on the White team. The Orange team was made up of the second-team offense and first-team defense.

No QB standouts
Neither side stood out with any consistency, particularly at quarterback. Crompton completed 13-of-26 passes for 113 yards, one touchdown and an interception. Stephens was 14-of-29 for 127 yards and two interceptions.

Much of Crompton's production came on the final drive of the game, when he went 4-of-4 for 51 yards and found Lucas Taylor in the corner of the end zone for the go-ahead, 2-yard touchdown with less than a minute remaining.

"You can always get better, so you can't say it was great or it was bad," Crompton said of his performance. "There's always room to improve."

Fulmer said most of his concerns surrounded the offensive line's numerous, uncharacteristic breakdowns in pass protection, which "shouldn't have happened" with the defense running mostly basic packages.

Waiting for receivers
The receivers, who averaged less than 10 yards per catch, also didn't do much to help themselves in their final practice before highly touted signees Kenny O'Neal, Brent Vinson, Ahmad Paige and Gerald Jones arrive this summer.

"Those kids have shown a lot of toughness, a lot of heart," Fulmer said. "They're not afraid to work. They're not afraid of blocking. We just don't have a guy right now that's shown any dynamics to be a difference-maker in this league.

"We'll see where we go once those (signees) get here."

Junior tailback Arian Foster and safety Jarod Parrish were among the few standouts.

Foster led a steady running game with 63 yards on eight carries. Parrish had yet another interception after picking off three passes in a scrimmage earlier this month.

The rest of the team, Fulmer said, has work to do.

"Right now, if we took 70 to Cal (for the season opener), I don't know if I could fill the plane with 70 guys who are really ready," Fulmer said, looking ahead.

"That's up to them this summer to get themselves ready to play and contribute."

Reports from the Real Orange and White game. Here's what you need to know: Texas will score alot of points on offense, but the main concern is the OL. Texas' defense will need to keep them in games this year, especially since the secondary is still questionable.

Statesman's Notebook from the game: http://www.statesman.com/sports/con...VUbTTUWUXUVUZTZUTUWU]U\UZU]UZUcTYWYWZV&urcm=y

McCoy and Receivers Rock: http://www.statesman.com/sports/content/sports/stories/longhorns/04/01/1texfoot.html

Pass D Continues to Suck and Needs Help: http://www.statesman.com/sports/content/sports/stories/longhorns/04/01/1golden.html

Scrimmage Notes from BurntOrangeNation.com: http://burntorangenation.com/storyonly/2007/3/31/155318/810

Hornfans' Scrimmage Discussion: http://forums.hornfans.com/php/wwwt...2778&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=0&fpart=all

good stuff jumponboard. Is the QB you listed Boeckman, the clearcut starter for next season or is it a wide open race for the starting job? I just hope it wasn't like two years ago where 2 different QB's started throughout the season.

damn, that's a pretty big injury for Michigan...especially since Hart has a tendency to get banged up...​

tOSU:

Defense

DT Nader Abdallah is pretty much a nonfactor. All the positive press is just being nice.

DT's Denlinger and Larimore are beasts. They are comparing Larimore to Tim Anderson and said that he will play on Sundays. DT Doug Wothington is looking better. But he has not been as impressive as the other two.

LB'ers: Terry would be in there starting but is in the dog house. I guess in the back of the dog house at that. All lips are sealed.

DB's: Coleman is ahead of Jam O. Jam O is just bad. All the tools but the "light" has not gone on yet.

D scheme: They are going to be playing more nickel to stop the spread attacks since Mich and UF moved the ball at will against a pretty stout D. Gant, Amos, and Swartz are in the running for that spot.

Offense

Beanie banged up his ankle. Was in a boot for a couple days. Not going to be playing anymore. Mo Wells the #2, right now, cant get anything going. Has gained 20 lbs since arriving. 5'8 200 lbs but just seems to have bad luck. When playing in mop up duty, he runs behind the #2's and it is to just run out the clock. Beanie gets banged up in spring ball, gets a chance during the jersey scrimmage (big scrimmage) and Tress holds out 3/5 of the starting line.

QB: Looks like Boekman. Nothing really else to say right now.

OL: Looks like it cold be dominate. Big and athletic.

FB: Johnson has had a fine spring, but Olsen has struggled. The word is the "light" has not gone on for him yet. Kind og got the feeling he better hurry up. That is why there is a 5'10 300 lber moved from center to FB.

WR: Ray Small is legit. Could be better than Ginn at breaking away from the D. Robiskie is another Michael Jenkins. Impecable routes. Dukes/Lyons is starting to really get it. Cant remember which one. The one that isnt is long gone as far as playing time is concerned.

Offense Scheme: I will give you only 1 guess!

Marshall

Not as detailed

QB: Morris is supposed to be tearing it up in practice. Their 1st scrimmage he was like 14/19 for 250. What does that say about our D? Oh Shit. Morris is fucking terrible. I got banned off of one of the MU boards for that. They didnt want to hear the truth. I guess the backups have looked terrible. Two QB's are coming in that are pretty highly touted. Chris Smith from OH and Cann from SC. Recruiters said if it wasnt for Willy Korn in SC that signed with Clemson than Cann would be the name everyone would talk about. But we also have Anderson, who was offered by Illinois and ND and Arknsas was coming into the picture. But a slight breeze knocks his balls down.

RB: Since Bradshaw left that left everyone not knowng what to do. Chub Small has it all but doesnt seem to be giving it his all. There are a couple of pretty goo Frosh coming in, but they are Frosh.

OL: Dont know

WR: Word is that they are big and fast and are running precise routes. The Morris supporters, how he still has them I dont know, are saying that this is helping him and that has been much of the problem in the past. Darius Passmore is a 6'3 180 lb 4* JUCO from last year that is supposed to be all that. Fastest player on the team.

We have Passmore 6'3 4.3 40
Spann, decomit from Wisky, 5'11 4.4 4o off knee surgery from last season
Cody Slate 6'4 at TE that plays like a WR. He was Frosh AA last year. He would play anywhere. Just wish we had someone able to get them the ball.

I will dig for some more stuff on MU. I see the pratice reports but dont read them. They just get me mad.

Looks like there is stability, but unknown. Troy has been there for 3 years and turned into the best QB ever at tOSU. And now he is gone and now what?

Boekman, Jr., is a dropback passer, but has some wheels. Faster than TS. Doesnt have the moves though. Knows the system in and out.

Shoenhoft, Soph., is a pure drop back passer with a huge arm. Someone said he has the best arm that tOSU has seen in some time. A plodder though.

Henton, RS Frosh, is the rave. Everyone is comparing him to TS. Black, wheels, moves, etc. The problem here is, an insider made a statement that at this point in time (last year) Henton was farther ahead than what TS was. And that Henton will leave tOSU a better QB than TS. Well that brought out all the Henton love. Not saying that he wont. He was a 2* or 3* player that verballed ti us and all of the armchair QB's were up in arms. He missed the first 3 games of his SR. year and then they went undefeated and won the state title in Ga. He shot up to 4* and all of the SEC wanted him.

My thoughts are that Boehman will start, Henton will see action, and Schoenhoft will ride the wave or transfer. We have such a weak schedule for our 1st 6 games, it should be pretty easy to get them some reps in game situations.

Good stuff on tOSU. I definitely won't count them out this year. Their schedule works in their favor with their inexperience. It will be Tressel's kind of team. 2nd half of the schedule looks tough especially if Illinois lives up to the hype(which I believe they won't). Once again the last 3 weeks of the Big 10 should be very interesting. Can't wait.

mutosufan, i really really appreciate the writeup on tOSU QB situation. I will be very interested to see Henton play because i loved college QB players like that. He brings another element to the game, i just hope he is a accurate passer.

Does anyone know where i can get or have any preseason rankings?

Back