Sox/Clev. game one

tigercub

Pretty much a regular
line isn't up at my book yet, but i seen at pinny they have it around -150. when it comes out, im hitting the sox pretty good.

beckett this year vs. clev.

<TABLE cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=1 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR class=bg4 align=middle><TD>W-L
</TD><TD>ERA</TD><TD>G</TD><TD>IP</TD><TD>H</TD><TD>ER</TD><TD>BB</TD><TD>SO</TD></TR><TR class=bg2 align=middle><TD></TD><TD>1-1</TD><TD>1.80</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>15.0</TD><TD>7</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>14
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

sabathia this year vs. bos.

<TABLE cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=1 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR class=bg4 align=middle><TD>W-L</TD><TD>ERA</TD><TD>G</TD><TD>IP</TD><TD>H</TD><TD>ER</TD><TD>BB</TD><TD>SO</TD></TR><TR class=bg2 align=middle><TD></TD><TD>0-1</TD><TD>1.29</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>7.0</TD><TD>5</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>7</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

ok its safe to say they both cruised through the lineups this year, but cc's one start came in his backyard vs. a sox lineup without ortiz. the lineup was a mess for boston that game, with coco i believe hitting in the 5 spot and while drew was struggling he was hitting 8th.

something just strikes me about cc, that when its a big stage he overthrows his pitches and can get wild at times. doing this at fenway against the sox is deadly. i think the sox get up early in this game and ease the pressure of beckett. youkilis and ortiz have had some success against cc, but manny just owns him. 12 of 21, with 3 doubles and 4 dingers. and when the crowd gets going early and often at fenway its gonna be tough for the tribe to get anything going.

lets go sox 'an_horse'

I saw the BoSox @ -155 for the series today, went to lunch, got back, and it was up to -170.

Boston is head and shoulders above the rest. I'm waiting for my local to post lines on the teams future prices to win it all. Any idea on Boston? I know it's out there somewhere.

i think boston's the best team and they should win this series, but i just got an eery feeling with the series. i do think they take game one but holding off on the rest for now. the sox are near even money to win it all right now.

sox to win game one... 620 to make 400

thanks kramer, lets get this one. :cheers:

weather alert for fridays game...

they're saying that there will be heavy rain in the afternoon, but by gametime it should resolve to showers and the game will be played. also they're predicting heavy winds from left to right towards pesky's pole ranging from 15-20 mph, with gusts up to 35. hope this helps.

i believe if you are going to bet the Sox at -170 for the ALCS, you need to skip that and play them for the WS at a better price. neither NL team has a chance against the Sox, especially in Fenway.

tide, i agree. however im not playing the series just game by game for me. alright boys im headed out to the bar to get cocked. LETS FUCKING GO SOXXXXXX

I like the Tribe in this series. It's tough going against Beckett and Schilling in the postseason. I've had a gut feeling on the Indians since August that they were going to be the last team standing. I can't go against it now. I got Cleveland +150, but BOL guys.

I just don't see why people think Boston is much better than Cleveland. The Angels were a terrible matchup with Boston so the results shouldn't have been too surprising. The Yankees on the other hand owned Cleveland in the regular season and were a much tougher matchup and the Indians handled it well. Starting 9 is a push.I'd take Cleveland's middle relief all day over Boston's. Boston might have a slight edge in SP but all it takes is one bad start and that edge is lost.

good luck tonight tigerclub, I like the Tribe as well as the MCG...

One of us will cash. :shake: :cheers:

nothing to rub in, but mcg, dont say the sox and indians have an eual starting 9. the sox starting lineups WORKS THE COUNT, i dont think people realize the impact that has on a starting pitcher. the sox pretty much own cc, carmona may be a differnt story, but dont expect him to go past 7. i just got in form boston right now, and i dont have an oponion on tomorrow, but i surely wouldnt bet agasint the sox tomorrow

bc.... the unders surely is looking good tomorrow, and if it wasnt for the wind tonight hafter's shot wouldnt of made it out of the park. but beckett, i think proved his point as a big game pitcher, i hope people were watchign, the guy is a stud.

"Well, C.C. Sabathia blinked in Boston, allowing eight runs Friday night, as Josh Beckett and the Red Sox rolled to a 10-3 victory." gee,,,, who woulda thought????

Back