Sorry no recaps week 12 - but post up...

s--k

Goodbye to Romance College Football
Sorry my time is limited today and this week.

See something of note yesterday? Let us know.

I think Tulane May go bowling......hope they can hang onto Fritz for a while. And they just may....what other leagues can he bring that offense to?

Utah mistakes like flashback of Colo St week before, these coaches get paid for this right ?
K State really strong then hung on in a crazy 4th quarter
Cal had chances to win, tough to see Love hurt again
Georgia Southern likely made #1 on biggest point spread to final score as +6 dog by winning 52-0
TCU holding TxTech to 3 points impressive but TxTech won stats but had 2 turnovers
College kids being stupid like Baker Mayfield and Arizona INT return taunting and more

Two posts? You guys...where is the content?

This helps me, so I'll post some thoughts in one place even though I'm sure everyone is beyond this point. First chance I've had to revisit and remember what happened last week.

Teams involved in upcoming Thursday/Friday games:

Baylor lost by 10 was -2 TOs...first down fumble at the I3 and first down INT at I7. BU 25-21 FD, ISU 394-331 TY.

Texas Tech lost by 24, was 1-3 FGs first 3 qrts, in the 4th qrt they first down fumbled at TCU14, first down INT at TCU6 (94y pick-six), SOD at TCU26 (with backups). TT 327-289 TY (Frogs only outrushed them by 30y).

Houston lost 17-20, fumbled at their own 42, SOD at T6, threw INT in EZ and SOD at T32. Counting SOD, UH was -3 turnovers. TY 445-417 for UH (outrushed Tul 220-166, 6.7-3.5).

Pitt lost 14-20, had 4 shots from the 1 in the final seconds and failed to score. VT 375-366 TY edge, Hokies 10 pts off turnovers.

Akron had three short field TDs off turnovers, OU kicked a FG from the 1 after having a TD called back. OU -3 TOs.

Buffalo 565-337 TY edge, but only won by 16. 3 of their 6 legitimate RZ trips (not the one at the end of the game) were FG attempts and one of those was missed. One of Ball's TDs was as short field off INT.

Arkansas had 14-0 lead off only 36y of offense (2 fumble recoveries, 1 in the EZ). Miss St missed FG from A28 and was SOD at A25. Miss St did benefit from a short field off bad fake punt decision (P decided after bad snap, not called fake) MSU 348-221 TY edge despite only winning by 7.

Ole Miss led 24-21 HT, there was very little O in the second half. aTm D scored on a 19y INT pick-six for the lead. Ole Miss never got closer than the aTm45. TY even at 391 each.

Vandy didn't cross midfield until their 9th and final drive of the first half, SOD at M29. Mizzou led 35-0. 38-17 VU was SOD at M10 early 4th.

USF had 9 of their first 10 drives (not counting right before HT) end in Tulsa territory: TD, TD, TD off long drives, fumbled T47, FG from T24, FG from T31 (after having a 1st down at T18), INT in the EZ on 2nd down from the T11, punt from T38, punt from T47. Conversely only 4 of Tulsa's first 11 drives crossed midfield. 421-357 TY USF edge...5 sacks.

Temple lost 19-45, but had a 397-384 TY edge...Owls lost 5 TOs and kicked FGs on 2 of their 3 RZ trips (and missed a FG from the 22). UCF had 17 pts off just 21y of offense following 3 turnovers and later a 52y TD drive after a 4th turnover. With that said, 159 of Temple's yards came in the 4th qrt with score 45-13.

Penn St led by as many as 42-10 late 2nd qrt with Nebraska having 6 straight three-and-outs at one point. PSU 609-466 TY edge and that was with nearly half of Neb's yards coming in the 4th qrt.

Purdue led 21-9 4th qrt when Iowa fumbled and PU got free FG. Iowa scored TD with 1m left. PU 294-258 TY edge. Iowa -2 TOs. Iowa led 9-7 and had 131-96 first half yard edge, but was just 1 of 5 3rd down to PU's 6 of 9. PU scored back-to-back 3rd qrt TDs keyed by 42 and 35y receptions by Anthony Mahoungou. PU D had 6 sacks, Iowa 4.

Ark State won 30-12, but with 25-11 FD and 469-200 TY and 41-19 TOP edge. ASU would be SOD at T9, T17, T33, T25 and ended the game at the T21. Strong winds, 3 missed xpts. Tex St's final 3 drives gained 3 net yards.

FAU controlled throughout although it was just 27-17 in the 3rd. FAU scored 25 of the final 32 pts in the final 21 minutes.

WKU was SOD M35 and each team fumbled in the RZ. WKU also fumlbed at own 40, which was ret'd for D TD to break a 10-10 tie early 4th qrt. WKU got 72 and 95y TD passes. Game went to OT tied 24-24. In OT2, MTSU thought about going for 2, but kicked xpt, then missed 42y FG in OT3 after three straight incompletions and WKU made theirs. WKU 538-431 TY edge.

Virginia twice had 14 pt leads over Miami. Each team got short field TDs, UVA off a punt return, and UM off a fumble. UM got a pick-six. Leading 31-28, UM got back-to-back short field TDs off two UVA SOD late 4th qrt. TY 439-358 for UVA.

Will Grier ran towards the EZ, but fumbled for a touchback and broke his finger 1st qrt with game 0-0. Ehlinger led UT on some big 3r downs and plays for 14-0 lead. WVU got 95y pick-six, but had no O without Grier. TY 420-295 for UT.

UCLA had a 53y pass called back by penalty then USC ran the punt back for TD. UCLA also had a TD run called back by illegal block, then missed a FG on that drive. In the 3rd Rosen threw INT in the EZ (didn't see defender 'stupid mistake' he said). Bruins 501-417 TY and held USC 150y under their rushing avg.

Stanford 378-337 TY edge and each team missed a FG and each had an INT. Cal had 1st down at the 12, but had to kick a 26y FG. Each team only had 3 possessions in 2nd half. After Stan missed their FG, Cal had just crossed midfield and took a deep shot on 1st down, but Bowers did not lead the receiver and Stan's S picked it off at the S29 with 7-1/2m. Cal would not get the ball back as Stan converted a 3rd and 4th down running out the clock on a 14p 46y drive.

Last edited:
I think between the end of regular season(for most part)/a Holiday week/etc that time is more limited for a few...noticed that a few places (not just here).

I'll try and recap some B1G games in 11 hours from now.

I'm just busting balls.

I haven't had any time til now, but honestly didn't expect many to contribute. It's Wednesday, most have been looking forward for days now, not back.

I feel like TCU is pretty overrated at this point. Not making a commentary any of their upcoming spreads just think they aren't all that elite.

This time of year it is hard to cap a game, Vegas is on the money this time of year.
my leans for the week.
Friday
1) Virginia +7.5... upset? 2) Mizzou -10.. playing well the past few games, Ark doesn't play D. 3) Miami -14.. Pitt will not be able to keep up, they have no passing game.
4) Iowa -3.5... Neb has mailed it in. Play the better D here.
Saturday
1) Ohio St -12... play is on the more polished and mature team. 2) Fla St -5.. Better D and the Gators have given up but the game is at the Swamp. 3) Louisville/Kentuck O66
4) SMU -8, D's are equal so SMU O will control this game. 5) UConn +5.5.. no confidence in Cincy at home 6) BC -3.5.. O's are similar, Better D... 7) Duke +12.. Maybe.
8) UNT -11.5 .. QB Fine has UNT playing great at the moment. 9) App St -7.. Better O and D.. 10) FAU -21...Char is one of the worst FBS Schools.. 11) Ark St -8... Better O and D
12) UNC +17.. Playing better and players getting healthy. 13) Wisc O42... Wisc will try and finish on a high note for the pollsters. 14) Auburn +4.5 If they can contain Hurts then Auburn wins by 10. 15) NW -16.. Illinois is Illinois.... 16) Mich St -13 and Over 40, Rutgers gives up points to School for the Blind... 17) Az St +2 ... Like the Devils at Home.
18) UTSA +1.5... O's are close but UTSA D will be the difference. 19) Stanford +2 playing at home against overrated ND Defense. 20) Wash -10, at home with a better O-Line and D-Line.

feedback is always welcomed. I'm not playing all of these just looking to see what stands out to me. Big thing to remember this week is teams playing at home trying to get to 6 wins to be bowl eligible. I will probably fade Away teams that have nothing to play for.

Good takes Tom.

The only one that I might speak up in disagreement with is Stanford. Think I will have ND.

I would've like them to show better last week, but a Miami hangover and given the weather conditions perhaps I can excuse it? I think the biggest thing that really hurt them vs Miami was the DL speed and slow OL reaction for Irish. That and a really active secondary. I don't think that Stanford possess those qualities and while ND may in fact be over rated, Stanford isn't a team that should really be better than them in any single aspect or matchup that I can think of. Some have speculated that Stanford may rest players to be healthier for next week in order to win a PAC12 Title? I'd be surprised about that, Love may or may not play, but Cardinal definitely won't mail it in.

We saw a really competitive game between them and Cal and Stanford last week. Stanford still the better team, but the gap between those two has really closed. More of a Stanford issue or Cal issue...probably combo of both. Just the fact that Cal was driving late for potential tie or win vs them says something. And their game at Washington State was just 3 weeks ago and Stanford was awful. Think ND may be the better team with more potential to play better in the game.

Good luck on everything. Couple tidbits you list there for me to explore.

Back