SoonerBS Week #8 Plays

• Thread starter Thread starter SoonerBS
  • Start date Start date
S

SoonerBS

Deleted in order to comply with new rules.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am on a one man mission on this site defending UConn in this game, but I'll post my opinion anyway. UConn is going to come out in this game VERY hungry and West Virginia is in a possible look ahead situation with their only important game (Louisville) coming up. This game is nationally televised, UConn's homecoming, etc etc etc. UConn's defense hasn't been horrible this year, although their offense has put them in some real horrible spots.

I know this is going to be a very popular bet, but I think that it is real, real risky. If you look back at UConn's schedule...they lost to a Wake team that everyone thought sucked, but now appears to be half decent. They beat an Indiana team (although struggled) that everyone thought was horrible, but just upset Iowa. They got pasted at South Florida, but there was so much distraction before that game with players being rumored to have been kicked off the team. Then they came back and took care of Army...not really an impressive win, but a win nonetheless in what was somewhat of a look ahead game.

This is THE game for UConn this year. They are in a good position to cover. Careful.

SoonerBS said:
Only play I have made so far is . . . . . .

West Virginia -13.5 over UCONN -- I got burned on a 1st half play on WVU last Saturday (shut the fuck up, Brad, lol), BUT I'm not getting burned on this one! I think this is one of the easiest plays on the board and I might put more than the $500 I put on it before the game is here. Yes, WVU is on the road, but they are going to play a UCONN team that is off a big win against . . . . . . . . ARMY? Guys, UCONN is beat up bad and they are a horrible team. Navy, another "option heavy" team, went into UCONN a couple of games back and pummeled them. UCONN has one of the worse run defenses in the league and WVU needs to impress the BCS. This is too easy, dudes, so get on it.

beer.gif

maybe you need to set up a session with yourself this afternoon old buddy cause this line is 22.5. :13_4_10:

everythingthatsgreen said:
he posted a 1st half line and said that in his thread as well..

dude he didnt post a first half line he said he got burned on the first half line last week on west virginia. denny and i are buds anyways bud, i was just giving him shit.

I must have still been thinking about last Saturday's -13.5 1st half line. I got it corrected. Sorry.
shy.gif

Everythingthatsgreen, don't mind Ppa, he's a Texan. Just read my sig for thoughts on that . . . . . . .
evillol.gif

Seabass said:
I am on a one man mission on this site defending UConn in this game, but I'll post my opinion anyway. UConn is going to come out in this game VERY hungry and West Virginia is in a possible look ahead situation with their only important game (Louisville) coming up. This game is nationally televised, UConn's homecoming, etc etc etc. UConn's defense hasn't been horrible this year, although their offense has put them in some real horrible spots.

I know this is going to be a very popular bet, but I think that it is real, real risky. If you look back at UConn's schedule...they lost to a Wake team that everyone thought sucked, but now appears to be half decent. They beat an Indiana team (although struggled) that everyone thought was horrible, but just upset Iowa. They got pasted at South Florida, but there was so much distraction before that game with players being rumored to have been kicked off the team. Then they came back and took care of Army...not really an impressive win, but a win nonetheless in what was somewhat of a look ahead game.

This is THE game for UConn this year. They are in a good position to cover. Careful.

I understand what you are trying to say, but hungry dog will not whip a ravaging grizzly in a fight. Neither will UCONN cover against WVU here. WVU loves these weeknight televised games and they have the personnel, who are all healthy by the way, to make this a rout. Check UCONN's injury list by the way, it's pretty extensive. :cheers:

I would take the 1H over if anything. I didn't play WVU ATS last week, thankfully. However, the 1H over was covered and I expect that to continue this week.

SoonerBS said:
I understand what you are trying to say, but hungry dog will not whip a ravaging grizzly in a fight. Neither will UCONN cover against WVU here. WVU loves these weeknight televised games and they have the personnel, who are all healthy by the way, to make this a rout. Check UCONN's injury list by the way, it's pretty extensive. :cheers:

I know their injury list is extensive, but other than Taylor (year long suspension for embezzlment or something), those aren't really big time players. Hernandez was the starting QB, but he already had lost his job on merit before getting injured, anyway.

I do like, however, this bet at game long -20.5 a lot better than I do at -13.5 for the half. getting WVU under 21 might be ok. Getting WVU and needing to win by more than 22, IMO, is just way too much.

Sooner,

With you on the West Virginia play. Might be my favorite play of the week. Glad to see you hammered it early at less than 3 touches. Cause I look for it to get hammered all the was up to 23/24. BOL on the play.

Last edited:
dolishra said:
Sooner,

With you on the West Virginia play. Might be my favorite play of the week. Glad to see you hammered it early at less than 3 touches. Couse I look for it to get hammered all the was up to 23/24. BOL on the play.

I'm thinking the same thing, so good luck to us!!
friends1.gif

Sooner- Good health and luck to you on TTU. We are so inconsistant and poorly coached this year that it is pitiful :( Not your typical Tech team, hope you tread lightly but GL!

SoonerBS said:
Hey, Raider, I put 2 UNITS on each of these:

Texas Tech/ISU OVER 52.5

Oklahoma/Col UNDER 40

What do you think about the Tech OVER?

It's tough for a Tech fan to say right now, Sooner. Just like you're probably cringing every time someone picks Colorado ML against your Sooners this week because you don't know if that's smart money or if your team can rebound against such a huge loss (btw, I almost want to take the Sooners here.)

Anyway, one thing I can assure you of is Tech will have a breakout game at some point in this season. Mike Leach cancelled practice on Sunday and had a team "air it out" meeting because in his opinion talent is not the problem, they just aren't playing well and trusting each other. Of course, that could be taken either way. Will this team rise to the occassion and play up to expectations? Will they continue to crumble?

For now I am staying away from them, but having said that they'll probably show up and I'll miss my chance to win the pot on the crazy Three Card Monty hand I feel like I've been playing with Tech this year. **As a side note, I'm typically very good at not betting emotionally on my team, but am down about 15 units on Tech this year. Overall I'm up roughly 35 units so you can probably understand my frustration because I would be sitting so pretty!**

Having said all that, I think even the over/under is risky as well. If Tech doesn't show up, they may not score much like they've shown against TCU and CO on the road. If they do show up, the defense may decide to make the trip to and win a 35-14 type game which still doesn't make that number. For the year, Tech games are averaging only 49ppg and ISU games 50ppg and that number is above both.

Bottom line is I'm probably the last person you want to ask about this team right now. Based on my numbers, the play would be on Tech (yet again) but by a small margin. I don't play totals very often.

den- who do you like in the A & M Okie St game??
I'm thinking A & M +2.5 @ +105 ..

bull said:
den- who do you like in the A & M Okie St game??
I'm thinking A & M +2.5 @ +105 ..

I don't like either. Who knows what team is liable to show up in either case.

I am from Conn and have seen every down of every game and
there is no way in hell that Uconn will cover the 1st half or Game
vs West Virginia!!!!!!!!!!!!
I bet WV 1st half and Game HUGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Also think that WV takes care of the over Themselves!!!!

GG, glad to have your opinion on the play! Let's stick it to the bookie, girl!!
friends1.gif

Raider, exactly! Too many questions. I need to see them play a game without Adrian first.
handshake.gif

MEMPHIS Def - 115 rush (209.2 ypg) 50th pass (193.0 ypg) 106th total (402.2 ypg). 30 pts per game. HC Tommy West fired DC Joe Lee Dunn after 3rd game and shifted from a 3-4 to 4-3. They have since allowed an avg of 471 ypg. Guess it ain't workin. Can't switch horses in the middle of the year.

TULSA Def - #1 CUSA, 25th nation scoreing 16.3 pg. #1 CUSA 14th nation total D (263.5 ypg) #1 CUSA 5th nation in pass efficiency.

MEMPHIS Off - 98th rush (98.2 ypg). 63rd total ( 339.2 ypg)

TULSA Off - #2 CUSA 18 nation (413.3 ypg)

Memphis lost D. Williams to NFL, since, 2 rush TDs. Mem lost to Ark St lw on hail mary to end game. Tulsa loves to play in Memphis, home of last yrs win over Fresno in Liberty Bowl (went to game, great NewYrs Eve party).

Ya Know Something Denny, I think you may be on the right side of this game. Let me mull this over some more and I may Coattail you... mull....mull....mulll overrrr...

TU TU TU TU. Now, can everyone else jump on the wagon??

And TU does have UTEP on deck at home next Fri in another ESPN2 game. T-Town is starting to get a little exicited about this team, with ESPN being here twice in one yr. Not many other teams can claim that.

thetexaskid said:
oklahoma football doesnt mind texans as at least 18 of their 22 starters are from here every year:peace:

Good point. :smiley_acbe:

jimmyd said:
MEMPHIS Def - 115 rush (209.2 ypg) 50th pass (193.0 ypg) 106th total (402.2 ypg). 30 pts per game. HC Tommy West fired DC Joe Lee Dunn after 3rd game and shifted from a 3-4 to 4-3. They have since allowed an avg of 471 ypg. Guess it ain't workin. Can't switch horses in the middle of the year.

TULSA Def - #1 CUSA, 25th nation scoreing 16.3 pg. #1 CUSA 14th nation total D (263.5 ypg) #1 CUSA 5th nation in pass efficiency.

MEMPHIS Off - 98th rush (98.2 ypg). 63rd total ( 339.2 ypg)

TULSA Off - #2 CUSA 18 nation (413.3 ypg)

Memphis lost D. Williams to NFL, since, 2 rush TDs. Mem lost to Ark St lw on hail mary to end game. Tulsa loves to play in Memphis, home of last yrs win over Fresno in Liberty Bowl (went to game, great NewYrs Eve party).

Ya Know Something Denny, I think you may be on the right side of this game. Let me mull this over some more and I may Coattail you... mull....mull....mulll overrrr...

TU TU TU TU. Now, can everyone else jump on the wagon??

And TU does have UTEP on deck at home next Fri in another ESPN2 game. T-Town is starting to get a little exicited about this team, with ESPN being here twice in one yr. Not many other teams can claim that.

GO HURRICANES!!!!
breakdance.gif

Inspekdah said:
what new rules, where r the plays?

I am not allowed to post my plays on this site anymore, but I can interact with everyone else's posts. I guess I am allowed to give advice and info, but I cannot post any personal plays.

I am not allowed to say why in this forum, but I am sure the partners can tell you if you would like to PM them. In compliance with the rule posted in the promotional forum, I have deleted my personal posts. I respect the rules the partnership have placed upon all posters of this forum, and I thereby comply with their rules.

beer.gif

Sorry to see this, den.
Don't know what you did or didn't do, and it's really none of my business.
Let's just say CTG partners, that you've taken a lot from me by removing Soonerbs ' s picks from the Forum. He was and is my favorite capper/poster.

What kind of bullshit is this? SoonerBS can't voice his picks on this site? Everyone else does. He adds a great deal! CTG partners, you need to wake up! This really pisses me off!!!!!!!!!!

I'm not really interested in an explanation...

The bottom line is that politics have apparently infiltrated the CTG partnership, and that is a very BAD thing.

CTG definitely shouldn't be bagging on Covers after instituting this policy.

I understand everyones concerns in this situation.

First of all I would like to say that Denny is a great capper and we all enjoy talking to him about the games and stuff in general. He is a good guy and we loved having him as part of the team.

Den, along with a few other gentleman, have launched a site of their own. Now, I am not sure if its open to the public yet, but it should be soon from what I have heard. We at CTG understand the reasons for Denny's move and we wish him the best of luck.

Denny's plays this week WERE not removed by us. He removed them himself. There was no order to take them down whatsoever. We have a policy posted in website promo's that outlines the rules and regulations for touts, services and owners/moderators of other sites. Once Denny's site is up and running one would assume that is where he will post his plays at. No one here wanted Den to pull his plays this week. He is an asset to any forum as you can see by the responses here in this thread.

I encourage Den to put his plays back up for the week so everyone can find them again. This also gives Den a forum to let everyone know where he is going to be posting at now.

We wish Den the best and I am sure we will see him around here and vice-versa to talk about the games!

Exactly guys...we don't want any drama over this...we still encourage den to come around and many talk to him on here or AIM all the time...we put up the rules a few days back and it's not something that just popped up this morning...

We assure you this is not some covers bullshit and most if not all of us still have a good relationship w/ the den and his associates...

If you have a question, just PM a partner and I'm sure we can give you a logical explanation to any questions/concerns you have...

:shake:

Guys, I didn't mean to start any drama either. Our site is up although we are still making improvements, so I didn't want to be in violation of this forum's rules. That's why I deleted the posts so I would be in compliance with this site's mandates.

Myself, Ppa316, and jm1301 have all started our own site. We want to be able to provide a site for everyone to come and go and see more sports info without having to dig into page 3 to locate it. We are not encouraging any posters to leave this site, Covers, or anywhere else they might be posting to come and post at our site "exclusively." As owners, we enjoy going to different sites and reading other perspectives from other posters like you guys do. We are not into exclusivism, we only want an opportunity to share info and provide posters with helpful services.

Right now all we have open is a posting forum, but we will soon have other services available for our members as well.

Again, we respect the owners and mods of this site and we are making ready a "promotional forum" for them to promote CTG on as well. We also welcome them at any time to share info or post plays wherever they would like on our forum. We arbor no feelings of competitiveness towards any administrators here because we realize we are all trying to beat the books.
smoke.gif

Here is the link to the site:

http://www.cappersempire.com/forums/index.php

I see that Denny promoted himself... With that being said, I wanted this thread moved BACK to the CFB FORUM because of the good insight already here from earlier this week...

I am real disappointed that Denny decided to pull his plays. By intentionally pulling your plays to "comply with the new rules", you try to make us out to be the bad guy when you know that's not the case.

Bull, FBJ, Horses.... I, like you, love to hear Den's perspective each week. Hopefully we will still get it. His plays are less important to me but I know others don't feel the same and of course it's real convienent to just pull the plug on Friday.

http://www.cappersempire.com/forums/index.php

That's where you can see Denny's plays.

I'm all about keeping everyone happy so that is his new site. I'm giving him what he wants - some "free promotion"...

GL to them at their new site and please don't make us out to be the bad guys anymore...

I'm not going to make this a "yah yah" thread guys. I actually thought the rule was "stickied" in the promotional forum for my benefit as it is only a couple of days old. I've already told you guys that I plan on complying with your rules and I don't want to cause trouble at either place.

Good luck to everybody this weekend and I'll be around.
beer.gif

This is alot better than the previous "deleted to comply with new rules".

Better to let everyone know what is going on.

Good luck to Den and the guys.

Back