SoonerBS Week #6 Plays

S

SoonerBS

Here are the plays I've locked in and put money on so far. I'll have write-up later in the week:

Oklahoma +8 L

Hawaii -6.5 (2 UNITS) & Nevada +14

Texas Tech +1.5 (2 UNITS) & Missouri +7

Tulsa -6.5 W

Louisville -32.5 L

LSU -2 (2 UNITS) L

East Carolina -6 (2 UNITS)

Colorado -5 (2.5 UNITS) L

Oklahoma State -2 (2.5 UNITS) L

Oklahoma State -2.5 (2.5 UNITS) L

Tulsa -3 2nd Half W

W Two Team Teaser: NC State +16.5 and Utah +3.5 for 1 UNIT even money.

Navy/Air Force UNDER 53 (2.5 UNITS) W

Kentucky +6 (2 UNITS)
stpatrick2.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
looking good, Sooner. not sure i can go against any of the plays...but if TX keeps coing down, jsut maybe.

Shit, you are so far ahead of me - I don't even know yet who those teams are playing. I guess with 8 pts, OU must be playing in the Cotton Bowl.

:drinking:

Nice going last Sat. Looks like you had a good day.
I went 16-17 with Canuck's stuff. 3-3 on my own , with one losing ML parlay - VPI .
Good luck this week.

Hey Sooner great value on that Texas tech game .I love the number you got Wow! What time does pinny put these lines out I am on the east coast?

I like the LSU pick Sooner. Also like your Hawaii and Texas Tech numbers, but those are out of hand for now.

My 3 best numbers are Big 12 games that you are not on. Hopefully you'll come around or else I'm going to lose money.

Very nice lines SoonerBS...esp on OU, Hawaii and Texas Tech.

They are all potential plays for me still, but with the current lines, I need to put a little more thought into it.

I will likely be with you on Tulsa tomorrow nite as well; Southern Miss is back in their accustomed AD role, but I think Tulsa has a much more dynamic offense than S Miss and the defenses are about even. With the game in Tulsa, I would lay anything less than a touch.

GL this week.

Thanks, guys, and good luck to you as well!
stpatrick2.gif

Usually Pinny doesn't put their first lines up until Sunday evening, but this last week, they put them up Saturday evening. I don't know why, but they did. Fortunately, one of the guys here noticed and posted it.

Larice, tell me which Big 12 numbers you got . . . . . .

Sooner:

I'm going to post the suggested picks in a later thread again to solicit y'alls information. You've already chimed in against all of them so I may buy some bets back since I value your Big 12 opinion.

Numberwise, I'm showing:

Baylor +5 vs. Colorado: The numbers say Baylor can win this game as a dog with the greatest discrepancies in pass efficiency and 3rd %. Why I don't like it: It is Baylor vs. Colorado at Colorado, regardless of what the numbers say. Agree that Co. is on the upwsing.

Oklahoma State -3 vs. Kansas State: This line is at -13 for me. Again, main differences are in PE and 3rd%. OK State should be able to run a little and passing games are a draw. I'm hearing you about K State Defense at home though.

Nebraska -6.5 vs. Iowa State: I'm showing Iowa State putting up more points than one would think against Nebraska's Defense (17,21), but I have Nebraska putting up 14 more (31). I have good memories of playing Iowa State at home as a dog, so I'm not crazy about this one, but I still need to be talked out of putting a little money on it.

Also looking at Purdue +11, and NM State -1.

Den - GL this week, looks like you got some very nice numbers on a few of these games.

Wow, that is a great line on Texas Tech, Sooner. I think that game is safe to take all the way to Tech -7. I wasn't confident in my Red Raiders travelling to College Station, but they are so much better at home and against a Missou team that hasn't been tested yet - especially on the road - I like Tech.

Hey, guys, thanks!
beer.gif

pags, I'm probably going to be adding Oklahoma State to this card after what I heard in the press conference at Stillwater yesterday. I have been concerned about OSU's defense after their loss to Houston. But, yesterday in the press conference, the defensive players were all sharing comments about how excited they were to play this game since K-State is starting a freshman QB. They truly believe they can put pressure on the QB and make him make a ton of mistakes. I really like their confidence for this game!

I'm not concerned about Oklahoma State's offense because it has some weapons on it. Louisville beat K-State with their downfield passing and Okie State has two outstanding receivers.

So, I'm going to be putting money on Okie State and I'd advise everyone else to do so as well!
beer.gif

GL on the card this week Sooner. Unfortunately (for me) I am against ya on a few plays (I'm on Baylor and K-State) so good health!

damn bro, I agre with every single one!!!!:smiley_acbe: Looks like a big week ahead....what, PPA can post on "C" and we're chopped liverviolin

mcm481 said:
damn bro, I agre with every single one!!!!:smiley_acbe: Looks like a big week ahead....what, PPA can post on "C" and we're chopped liverviolin

Ppa and talk over a lot of these games either by phone or IM. He is on several of these games as well. :cheers:

SoonerBS said:
So, I'm going to be putting money on Okie State and I'd advise everyone else to do so as well!

Advice taken. Sure beats me taking a wild guess at who's better than who! I also took your LSU bet because it's a school I'd at least heard mentioned here and there. If I've heard of them, chances are they're pretty good. Thanks! :cheers:

DiceMan said:
Advice taken. Sure beats me taking a wild guess at who's better than who! I also took your LSU bet because it's a school I'd at least heard mentioned here and there. If I've heard of them, chances are they're pretty good. Thanks! :cheers:

Let's cash it, dude!!
beer.gif

Starting off the week up 2 UNITS with a game side and 2nd half bet cashing on Tulsa.
dollars.gif

SMODOD

I added: Navy/Air Force UNDER 53 for 2.5 UNITS

I'm sorry I haven't got write-ups yet. I have been busier than a one-legged man in a kick fight lately! I hope to get something up before Friday evening. Be patient.
smoke.gif

I'm also looking at Washington getting what I think is way too many points in their game against USC Saturday.

I'm also liking Penn State more and more . . . .

SOONER,

I noticed you had Hawaii -6.5, i was looking at lines this morning, my book has Hawaii -10.5, it caught my attention and really liked Nevada plus the points. Is there something that happended to change this line i am not aware of ???? Thanks for your insight on this one. I respect your opinion, so i am having 2nd thoughts on the Nevada play.:cheers:

CATSFAN said:
SOONER,

I noticed you had Hawaii -6.5, i was looking at lines this morning, my book has Hawaii -10.5, it caught my attention and really liked Nevada plus the points. Is there something that happended to change this line i am not aware of ???? Thanks for your insight on this one. I respect your opinion, so i am having 2nd thoughts on the Nevada play.:cheers:

The line I got came out on Pinny late Saturday night. It didn't take long for it to jump up after it's initial debut.

As for laying 10.5 with them right now? I think I'd pass on that one . . . .

Shuffling positions at OSU: The depth chart released for Saturday's game at Kansas State lists senior Kurt Seifried as starting right guard. That could change come game time Saturday.
Redshirt freshman Andrew Lewis has worked at right guard the past week in practice and could see considerable playing time against the Wildcats. He has been David Washington's backup at center and played in the first three games.
The offensive line play has been heavily scrutinized by head coach Mike Gundy, who often has called the line's performance as "average" through four games. The line struggled at Houston as did the Cowboys' base, the power running game.
"They need to block better," Gundy said.
Lewis is not the only player to move positions during the open week. Scott Broughton switched from cornerback to wide receiver. Broughton, a junior college transfer, has not been able to crack either the first- or second-team unit at cornerback.
jimmyd: the guard position is becoming a bit of a mess. knew it would be problem in preaseason, and it isn't getting fixed.

Lineup shuffle at K-State: Besides making the change at quarterback with freshman Josh Freeman, KSU made other adjustments to its starting offense for this week's game.
Senior tailback Thomas Clayton was demoted from starter to the third team. True freshman Leon Patton will start. Clayton is K-State's leading rusher with 322 yards, but had a costly fumble last week at Baylor.
"It's a performance issue," coach Ron Prince said. "It's a matter of performance. I'm not trying to send a message."
Sophomore starting right guard Gerard Spexarth has been replaced by redshirt freshman Brock Unruh.
jimmyd: but it looks like OSU ain't the only one with issues. True fresh QB, true fresh RB, Rsfr G protecting both. Ouch.

Staying focused: Players are dismissing the notion of overconfidence entering Saturday's game. They have heard and seen Kansas State's struggles, particularly on offense in losses to Louisville (24-6) and Baylor (17-3), the past two weeks.
"You cannot look at things like that. Kansas State is a quality team. They have always been a quality team to me," linebacker Jeremy Nethon said. "You cannot look at a prior game and think that's how it's going to be for the rest of the season."
Said defensive end Marque Fountain: "They have some weaknesses, but they also have some strengths. You look at them like you at any other team. They're going to come out and not expect you to blow them out."

Call the plumber: Senior defensive tackle Larry Brown's eyes lit up when he heard that K-State was starting Freeman, a true freshman, at quarterback this week. "That's a lot of mistakes waiting to happen. We have to capitalize on that and create a lot of mistakes," Brown said. "We have to get a lot of pressure on him because pressure busts pipes."
jimmyd: Bingo!

Getting on the -3 while its still available. This game and Baylor are the only reasonable chances Okie St has of becoming bowl eligible. They would still have to defeat A&M also. At least they catch Baylor/A&M at home. At 3-1, the lose to Houston is really starting to hurt.

Jimmy, thanks for posting this, I'm liking OSU even more!!
beer.gif

Guys, everytime I think I'm going to have some time to sit down and get some write-ups done this week, something comes up. Today, I have shopping with my wife in the morning, and golf in the afternoon. I will be back tonight for the in-game and a BIG Louisville win.

If you have a question about any of my plays and would like an explanation, leave your request and I'll try and answer it before tomorrow morning.

Good luck tonight and this weekend, guys!!
stpatrick2.gif

Sooner, from the KC paper....

K-ST LINEMAN QUITS: Sophomore offensive lineman Matt Boss has quit the team, it was announced Thursday. Boss, rated the No. 10 lineman in the country by TheInsiders.com coming out of Cherryvale, Kan., High School, informed Prince this week that he was quitting. Boss, who started three games in 2005 at right guard but was slowed by injuries last year, played in only the Florida Atlantic game this year.
"We would have liked to see him stay and at least finish out the academic semester, but he has opted to do otherwise," Prince said in a statement.
Boss reportedly was one of four players who were suspended for undisclosed reasons until Thursday, according to GoPowercat.com. The others were running back Thomas Clayton and offensive linemen John Hafferty and Gerard Spexarth. Clayton and Hafferty started at Baylor, but were demoted on this week’s depth chart. But according to a K-State athletic-department official, the players were not suspended. "Certain players were held out of workouts but have been cleared to dress Saturday," the official told The Star.

...Fr QB Josh Freeman will be expected to upgrade an offense that lately has been a major liability, partly because of mistakes, partly because of line issues. How serious are the Wildcats’ offensive woes? In their last 32 possessions, they scored one TD, kicked a field goal and committed seven turnovers.

jimmyd: I'm loading up on OSU. The papers sports eds (6) also all picked OSU by a td in their weekly picks. This from the locals.

OK, I added another 2.5 UNITS on Oklahoma State -2.5 . . . .

That makes Oklahoma state a DIME play for me with 5 UNITS on it!
thumbs.gif

And with SUXES now down to 3.5, may (sshhhiiiittt) have to look seriously at that. I'd have to play below 3 on the shithorns. damn. but money IS money.

jimmyd said:
I had doubled to a dime play also. Basiclly making it a POY. That's a big bet for me.

That's a big bet for me, too, Jimmy, let's hit it!!
dancingcool.gif

jimmyd said:
And with SUXES now down to 3.5, may (sshhhiiiittt) have to look seriously at that. I'd have to play below 3 on the shithorns. damn. but money IS money.

I don't like to lay a lot of money on this game either way. I caught a really good line whenever they first came out on Pinny last Saturday night, so I'll keep my 1 UNIT on it and holler for my Sooners.
smoke.gif

wow....I was liking that Okie state a bit but if you are diming it up I may just have to play that.

SoonerBS said:
I don't like to lay a lot of money on this game either way. I caught a really good line whenever they first came out on Pinny last Saturday night, so I'll keep my 1 UNIT on it and holler for my Sooners.
smoke.gif

It's a Win-Win situation for me. If OU wins, it would be well worth the money for bragging rights with my bro-in-law. And if Tx covers, well I'll then have plenty of funds to go drown my sorrows in booze as I have to listen to afore said bro-in-law rake me over the coals and tell me how Brown now has Stoops number. And then have to put up with each other at Dal-Hou game next week as everyone is getting together for weekend/tailgate/game in Dallas.

jimmyd said:
It's a Win-Win situation for me. If OU wins, it would be well worth the money for bragging rights with my bro-in-law. And if Tx covers, well I'll then have plenty of funds to go drown my sorrows in booze as I have to listen to afore said bro-in-law rake me over the coals and tell me how Brown now has Stoops number. And then have to put up with each other at Dal-Hou game next week as everyone is getting together for weekend/tailgate/game in Dallas.

I had to run to Oklahoma City today for something and the South bound traffic on I-35 was stifling! That ws at 10:00 AM this morning!!

sooner do u really like Lousiville tonight alot? or what?

MoneyMan said:
sooner do u really like Lousiville tonight alot? or what?

I'm just laying a UNIT on it Money Man. Historically, I don't do well on Friday night games. BUT, I watch them a lot, so I bet on them. :smiley_acbe:

SoonerBS said:
I'm just laying a UNIT on it Money Man. Historically, I don't do well on Friday night games. BUT, I watch them a lot, so I bet on them. :smiley_acbe:

yea man im gonna hop on that shit with you, i mean what else am i gonna do tonight bet baseballviolin ...go cards

Back