Some discussion of Lakers at Dallas

tuck321

Not all those who wander are lost
Kobe played 36 minutes. He scored 34 points. He scored 3 points in the first quarter. Does anything sound familar here?
Before the game was played most common remark I heard. Wait for Dallas and then bet against the Lakers. Of course. Lakers last 10 vs Dallas 5-5 but 7-3 ATS. But of course you get Dallas at home on Thursday night. This year and last Dallas has played 4 home games on Thursday. ATS result 0-2-2. They also sucked in the first quarter. Where do we go? Whats reasonable?
Last 4 home games 2 for each the home team has owned the first quarter. Dallas won theirs by 12 and 17. Kobe seems to be back to the slow start motiff. Lakers off an upset win should be meat in the first quarter. It is somewhat scary because dallas at home has sucked on Thursday covering 2 of 4 in the first quarter but I think its a reasonable gamble. Then at halftime you could make a reasonable decision on how you see the game evolving. That might lead you to either team. By the way I am almost positive Dallas does win the game. BOL

I'm for Under (sorry scourge).

Dallas in revenge spot. LA playing a 3rd in 4th nights after beating the Spurs on the road and an OT 230/100-100 game?

*Defensive-Dallas* off 3 straight Overs?

LA has a heavy Over bias (even given tonights result) but thats partly because theyve played so many home games to this point. 5-4 to under their last 9 road games is, by their standards, a heavy Under bias considering their overall results outside of those 9 games.

I'd love this total to climb. Huge FT numbers have made for the 1 Over theyve managed between each other this season, and their Under in LA was headed Over til the refs swallowed their whistles. LA in a potential down spot might see some more normal game total FT numbers (closer to 50 than 70) with a less energetic outing from the Fakers.

I'll guess Dallas wins 104-94

BetCrimes1984 said:
I'm for Under (sorry scourge).

Dallas in revenge spot. LA playing a 3rd in 4th nights after beating the Spurs on the road and an OT 230/100-100 game?

*Defensive-Dallas* off 3 straight Overs?

LA has a heavy Over bias (even given tonights result) but thats partly because theyve played so many home games to this point. 5-4 to under their last 9 road games is, by their standards, a heavy Under bias considering their overall results outside of those 9 games.

I'd love this total to climb. Huge FT numbers have made for the 1 Over theyve managed between each other this season, and their Under in LA was headed Over til the refs swallowed their whistles. LA in a potential down spot might see some more normal game total FT numbers (closer to 50 than 70) with a less energetic outing from the Fakers.

I'll guess Dallas wins 104-94

I hear ya bc.

Its just that after looking at the Lakers back2backs I'm inclinced to expect a defensive break down on their part and thus allowing Dallas to increase the tempo and not force Avery to clamp down on the D. I don't know though, you have to factor the public angle (Over humpers), TNT (idiot bets) and the mini-revenge factor (non factor imo) all play into it but I'm favoring the over in this one at 203.5 before the line moves back up to (I'm guessing here) a game time 206. It's either going to be a close call or a friggin blow out.

scourge -

outside of their 2nd game of the season (therefore a contest not subject to "the grind"), I have LA U/O 2-2, 196.5 avg in B2Bs played on the road.

3rd game in 4 nights, on the road - U/O 3-2, 196.0 avg.

I made my 104-94 prediction without having those stats at hand, but the averages they're supplying fit right into my projection. And thats not even considering the influence of Mav's stats (ie, they're 4-1 to Under, 189.6 avg in a home game off a home game, vs Conf opponents. Facing western teams at home without coming off travel sees some pretty good D from these guys given theyre 5-0 SU in such games)

Have never fancied myself an expert on totals but would lean under for 1 reason. Looking at the last 9 times the Lakers played on the road in a b-b situation and Lost the game the under was 7-2. But the last 9 times the Lakers played on the road on Thursday the over was 6-3. The last 10 times LA played at Dallas the ou was 5-5. Sign me unconvinced but leaning under.

Tuck...I posted in my Tuesday thread early Wed morning....I just want you to know that your poiece of capping on that Hou-Dal 4th qtr was awesome

I have no opinions for Thursday.

Check out the Stons on Friday....should be gold

"By the way I am almost positive Dallas does win the game. BOL"

Don't go too far out on that limb.

Scourge no way this game tips at 10:30pm eastern.
The game is in Dallas, they won't wait until 9:30pm local time to start a game in Dallas....That is way too late. This game starts at 8:30pm Central Time.<!-- / message -->

a weird tnt doubleheader...

7:00 and 9:30 est

I am sure scourge was thinking game 2 of doubleheader and said 10:30..honest mistake

B.A.R. said:
Tuck...I posted in my Tuesday thread early Wed morning....I just want you to know that your poiece of capping on that Hou-Dal 4th qtr was awesome

I have no opinions for Thursday.

Check out the Stons on Friday....should be gold

The Stones on Friday is a great play..THey have reached a losing ats streak that has peaked at its longest,5 games, for the whole season, something has to give and Billups will be back , I just hope the public isnt all over it....

B.A.R. said:
a weird tnt doubleheader...

7:00 and 9:30 est

I am sure scourge was thinking game 2 of doubleheader and said 10:30..honest mistake

yep.

the total moved up to 206 already, might even go higher

Back