• 2nd Chance Survivor -- Contest Forum for Details!!
  • MNF Quick Pick Contest -- Cash Prize

****Soccer is the Greatest Sport on Earth In-Game****

A lot in this report, but i need someone to explain WC qualifying to me cuz i've been trying to figure it out and can't

I realize they do it by continent for lack of a better term, i.e. UEFA, Concacaf, etc., but really don't understand how all that's decided. Maybe FIFA20 didn't do a good job of it because it's meant to be a club-focused game, but it's still 32 teams? Each continent association breaks its members who qualify out of an initial group to a next one and then who qualifies from there? And who goes to the playoffs?

A lot in this report, but i need someone to explain WC qualifying to me cuz i've been trying to figure it out and can't

I realize they do it by continent for lack of a better term, i.e. UEFA, Concacaf, etc., but really don't understand how all that's decided. Maybe FIFA20 didn't do a good job of it because it's meant to be a club-focused game, but it's still 32 teams? Each continent association breaks its members who qualify out of an initial group to a next one and then who qualifies from there? And who goes to the playoffs?

32 teams still for 2022 yea but likely changing for 2026, each continental confederation is alloted a number of spots, no rhyme or reason officially, but it's been this for awhile

Africa: 5
Asia: 4.5
Europe: 13
North, Central America and Caribbean: 3.5
Oceania: 0.5
South America: 4.5
Host: 1

Each continwnts association gets to decide on how they do qualification

UEFA puts teams into groups, I think its gonna be 10, based on random draw of pots, I.e the top 10 teams in the world ranking are in pot a, next 10 in b etc.

10 winners qualify, and then the 3 other spots are through some sort of playoff, I dont know exact way they will do it for 2022, they change it every year

CONMEBOL just has all of their teams in 1 group, do home and always, top 4 make it, 5th goes in international playoff

CONCACAF changed theirs, used to be 3 or 4 stages and end in a group of 6. Now the top 6 teams go in their own group. Play home and homes, top 3 qualify. 4th placed team plays against the winner of the other 28 teams.

Those 28 teams in 8 groups, winners of the groups qualify to a mini tournament, winner of that plays 4th placed team from the hex. Winner of that playoff plays in the international playoff

So it's up to the nation, all have to do it different because of different sizes of their confederation, some, looking at you concacaf, are overly complicated

The 0.5 allotments are the confederations that go into the international playoff

And play a home and home for those finally 2 slots, I dont knowing it rotates or is random draw which nation plays which

i think the changes make it harder to follow and i understand the 0.5s are always a playoff as I remember Mexico having to play NZ and smoking them in the first leg yet still having to cross the world for the return leg

CONCACAF i remember vaguely from the US struggles and not qualifying for the last WC. CONMEBOL sounds the most pure, wish others were like that but i realize the number of federations can make that impossible.

I would hope that FIFA20 would build theirs into something based on real-life, but after recognizing that they don't even have the Camp Nou and Allianz as a club game I am less impressed. As the Poland manager I was separated into a qualifying group post-Euro20 with ESP, POR, CZE, POL, SCOT, RUS and finished tied with ESP and CZE behind group winner POR. We did a home and away round robin, but I was 4th on GD and never figured out if i made the WC but figured I didn't since there were probably a bunch of other groups that I couldn't see with the GER, FRA, ENG's of the UEFA.

Will do some research on my own, but thanks teed

i think the changes make it harder to follow and i understand the 0.5s are always a playoff as I remember Mexico having to play NZ and smoking them in the first leg yet still having to cross the world for the return leg

CONCACAF i remember vaguely from the US struggles and not qualifying for the last WC. CONMEBOL sounds the most pure, wish others were like that but i realize the number of federations can make that impossible.

I would hope that FIFA20 would build theirs into something based on real-life, but after recognizing that they don't even have the Camp Nou and Allianz as a club game I am less impressed. As the Poland manager I was separated into a qualifying group post-Euro20 with ESP, POR, CZE, POL, SCOT, RUS and finished tied with ESP and CZE behind group winner POR. We did a home and away round robin, but I was 4th on GD and never figured out if i made the WC but figured I didn't since there were probably a bunch of other groups that I couldn't see with the GER, FRA, ENG's of the UEFA.

Will do some research on my own, but thanks teed
Issue with fifa 20 being different is they change so much

Uefas changed for 3 straight tournaments, concacaf just did etc.

They used to release a world cup version in the past but havent since 2014 I think

Imagine if you’re a racist in the epl today

they exist
I was just thinking that when I saw john terry, sometimes I forget hes assistant manager

Hes gonna be a manager soon

How insane is that, I don't think theres a corresponding person in us sports

It's like if john rocker was named manager of the red Sox

But also we found out he slept with his teammate and best friends gf, made fun of Americans sad about 9/11, and his parents were drug dealers

I’m on a conference call so I dk t have the sound on... what the fuck was that about and why isn’t it 1-0

Back