• 2nd Chance Survivor -- Contest Forum for Details!!

****Soccer is the Greatest Sport on Earth In-Game****

I check bag every time, 1st class always worth it to bypass everyone in check in/security plus American charges for the bag anyway

If it was Neymar he would have acted like he tore his shoulder after that friendly little shoulder bump from the newcastle player

theres never really a line in SLC
Makes a difference for sure...around the holidays a couple months ago the bag check line was 45 minutes and security was probably about the same. I usually don't get to the airport until 1hr to 45 minutes before flight but knew holidays might be more difficult and rolled in 2 hrs in advance. Got thru security, grabbed a slice of pizza on the run and was the last one to board. Was terrible. No upgrades available.

I understand why they price 1st class the way they do, it's for a reason. Used to be they'd rather have 1st class empty than to get the extra revenue for a reason but it's changed alot over the years. Integrity of the service for frequent flyers, they used to price it so high that only FFs would be there but hell that was before 9/11.

Makes a difference for sure...around the holidays a couple months ago the bag check line was 45 minutes and security was probably about the same. I usually don't get to the airport until 1hr to 45 minutes before flight but knew holidays might be more difficult and rolled in 2 hrs in advance. Got thru security, grabbed a slice of pizza on the run and was the last one to board. Was terrible. No upgrades available.

I understand why they price 1st class the way they do, it's for a reason. Used to be they'd rather have 1st class empty than to get the extra revenue for a reason but it's changed alot over the years. Integrity of the service for frequent flyers, they used to price it so high that only FFs would be there but hell that was before 9/11.

yeah i dont think ive ever had to wait longer then 10 minutes in SLC

TBH it's been a while since i've had to stand in line long and I've been to like 8 airports in the last year

There was another time, my bag usually is around the limit and in 1st you get an extra 25 lbs, no dead bodies I think. But it's a pain in the ass to haul around the port...typically you can't check the bag until 4 hours before the flight and it was going to be easier to just go to the port early and chill/watch games as opposed to have to uber out later, so I went 8 hours before flight and they had no issues checking it then for first. Those kinds of things....and I even kept the bar tab reasonably in check for being there so long. Didn't even think about the lounge. Regardless, if you aren't waiting/checking luggage/drinking/short flight...it probably isn't worth it. Usually some smug status thing at best. I just hate packing and airports, the flight is when I finally relax so that stuff matters to me. Ironic my major was travel/tourism and I worked for an airline but that was pre 9/11...and thus pre security.

There was another time, my bag usually is around the limit and in 1st you get an extra 25 lbs, no dead bodies I think. But it's a pain in the ass to haul around the port...typically you can't check the bag until 4 hours before the flight and it was going to be easier to just go to the port early and chill/watch games as opposed to have to uber out later, so I went 8 hours before flight and they had no issues checking it then for first. Those kinds of things....and I even kept the bar tab reasonably in check for being there so long. Didn't even think about the lounge. Regardless, if you aren't waiting/checking luggage/drinking/short flight...it probably isn't worth it. Usually some smug status thing at best. I just hate packing and airports, the flight is when I finally relax so that stuff matters to me. Ironic my major was travel/tourism and I worked for an airline but that was pre 9/11...and thus pre security.

yeah things are different. Pittsburgh used to have days where you were there for an hour. Easy 10 minutes now.

I'm thinking about first class because I HATE flying...its a 3.5 hour flight so its long enough...and it's only $100...otherwise i'd probably never get it

yeah things are different. Pittsburgh used to have days where you were there for an hour. Easy 10 minutes now.

I'm thinking about first class because I HATE flying...its a 3.5 hour flight so its long enough...and it's only $100...otherwise i'd probably never get it
Oh definitely worth it for basically a cross country flight even if you sleep the entire time. Let's be honest going east it's a full day, not just a 3.5 hour flight

Only time I've ever been to PIT was a layover, that was a large shopping mall with an airport attached. Not sure if still that way after US Air dropped it as a hub but it used to be busy...was at America West when they were in early negotiations about the US Air merger not that I did anything in that regard but PIT became a popular layover for a bit from PHX

Oh definitely worth it for basically a cross country flight even if you sleep the entire time. Let's be honest going east it's a full day, not just a 3.5 hour flight

Only time I've ever been to PIT was a layover, that was a large shopping mall with an airport attached. Not sure if still that way after US Air dropped it as a hub but it used to be busy...was at America West when they were in early negotiations about the US Air merger not that I did anything in that regard but PIT became a popular layover for a bit from PHX

the mall is still there, but the stores aren't. It's pretty empty for the most part. US Airways leaving killed it

Chelsea should be playing with 10 since opening kick

Side note I finally bucked up for ESPN+ today, lacked principle. $50/year never seemed more expensive considering what they already get from all the cable channels I pay for their shitty programming

Back