• 2nd Chance Survivor -- Contest Forum for Details!!

****Soccer is the Greatest Sport on Earth In-Game****

leggo Blues!

Expecting a strong performance, this Huddersfield had to get their attention in that FA Cup game last year....Jesus on the bench on a Sunday is kinda funny

Did pep say he didn't want to start games with kun and jesus together

The announcer said it today when Jesus came on, but i hadn't heard that before

They play well together

teeed he's trying to open the door for the Aguero exit I think and wants to separate them, I have to believe it will be a tough nut to crack for the faithful and won't come easy...almost like they have to ease us into it. Kinda surprised he hasn't let Foden play some first team, guess that will come with FA Cup and League Cup stuff but when he replaces D Silva that will be much simpler than letting Kun go...still no f'n clue what happens when Alexis likely arrives

He never plays youth I wouldn't expect it, I think he's worse than Jose at bringing them through

Maffeo would have been perfect guy to integrate this season, even before Mendy injury, and he was loaned out

I still don't get Alexis either

B Silva is already barely playing

Sane and sterling are both younger and playing better than Alexis this year, and kdb is arguably being played out of position cause of all the attacking talent, and he's still fucking incredible

I get money doesn't matter but just seems a waste, he's gonna be 29 in December too, with his speed being such a factor

What doesn't have left at top level, 2 years?

Well they'll have to recall Maffeo but that's possible, I mean Girona are basically like a AAA club at this point. He's got the goods but Foden is the next deal, he'll be the 10 in midfield shortly as Yaya and D Silva are shipped out. Stones injury is a problem..

shortly?

I would be shocked if hes starting for City in the next 2-3 years, hes still probably 2 years from even going out on loan

He's practicing with the first team an Pep makes that team a short leash

He's there sooner rather than later

youth players often train with the first team at points

I know he had a great u17 world cup but ever club in the top 6 has someone ranked at his level, or even a bit above since guys like Edwards at Spurs, Gomes at United, Sterling at Chelsea or Nelson at Arsenal have already played above the u19/20 team

none of those guys are anywhere near consistently starting, they get European or cup games

I don't like to counter because I appreciate

But this guy is the 10 at Man City and will be for years. He pretty much takes over for D Silva who is a shell of his former self, Toure is like a souvenir at this point....Foden will be first teaming next season. Pep makes it clear he only lets the random few even practice with the squad so as not to squash their dreams, yet Foden is practicing daily.

Maffeo is one thing imo, Foden is completely different and the timing works well

I hope he does, the way I see it City are going to have a superstar at that position anyway as long as they are still drilling for Oil in the middle east, so its not like I hope he fails from a Spurs perspective

so if it can be a young English prodigy thats great

Ive just seen so many youngsters that were hyped, and I dont see Foden as like a diamond in the rough type player that you see in Alli/Mbappe types from right when they first started playing they were undroppable, there's other English players in the age group who are viewed the same with potential

for every Dele Alli or Raheem Sterling who break in at the top level at like 18/19, there's way more John Bostocks who bust out, or Connor Wickhams who are fringe players, or Theo Walcotts who are just meh

Well they'll have to recall Maffeo but that's possible, I mean Girona are basically like a AAA club at this point. He's got the goods but Foden is the next deal, he'll be the 10 in midfield shortly as Yaya and D Silva are shipped out. Stones injury is a problem..

The defensive injuries are a problem, and I think it prevents them from running away with the title , but just ridiculous offensive talent.

The defensive injuries are a problem, and I think it prevents them from running away with the title , but just ridiculous offensive talent.
Oh it's a real problem, this wasn't meant to be some referendum on how good City are...still a reasonable chance Mendy is back in a few months. More or less I really only have the wherewithal to focus on my team as far as the youngsters and I'll patch in thoughts. City only. That takes a ton of work even. I do try to watch Girona games...trying to do this is very new to me but it's been enlightening

I get the feeling we see a good number of players going to World Cup mailing it in near the end of the season, not going into tackles, not playing through minor strains, etc. maybe not so much in Prem with the pressure to finish in top 4, but I could totally see a guy like Ozil walking around not trying in April, lol

As I understand it the healing process has progressed faster than expected, of course potential league and CL aspirations will do that

How sick will France be?

Ozil will be the classic mail in lol...they need to win Europa so maybe he keeps it up but it sounds like January Sanchez is gone...honestly LaCazette has been great but if Ozil isn't all in that team is flat fucked

Ozil already mailing in like 80% of games

Agree on the guys laying up, anyone with a locked up spot won't want to risk something, the whole PSG squad in ligue 1 games starting in like February will be at half speed except maybe Draxler who needs a good season to make Germany

Griezzman at Atleti will be making 'business decisions'

Anyone from mid table clubs for the smaller countries

Other side of it guys like Welbeck, Wilshere, oxlade Chamberlain, Vardy types for england will be going crazy

Gundogan will be begging pep for playing time

hip injury

delayed surgery for awhile thought it would heal, then eventually got it, and been training with the first team for a month or so

had a few setbacks too

hip seems like the worst place to get an injury as a football player, just effects everything, especially the gait

Reactions: KJ
Other than a cracked rib the hip seems like it could be a real nuisance, completely seems it would effect change of direction which is kinda important

yep, so much movement stuff

I know in Hockey, lots of young goalies now get some sort of hip surgery by choice when they are in junior or NCAA, just because it helps decrease future wear and tear on their hips

Man that's crazy, almost like a RB taking an early ACL or a high school pitcher intentionally having JT surgery...for the career

I cracked a rib a couple years ago and couldn't even get on a treadmill for 6 months because it basically ruined how the body works...that's a helpless feeling and frustrating. Imagine a hip is kinda the same. I remember growing up, I'd roll my right ankle and as a PG on the court, that was tough but a week at most. But I do remember getting a hip pointer once and it lingered even at that age...now I rolled the ankle in January this year and still can't flex it properly. Getting older sucks...but to intentionally injure yourself is kinda funny.

Is there any proof that philosophy extends the career?

Granted both goals have been great, this a disaster. A huge disaster for Tottenham. I’m starting to question if they can really finish out of top 4 which is an even bigger disaster next year going into the new WHL. I’ve been watching at work so can’t keep my eye on at all times. Rose looks and sounds like he is doing what the fuck and is shit. Sissoko probably should have scored and Dele should have definitely scored. They’ve dominated the ball so I am somewhat hopeful they come back, but I have my doubts

Wow not watching but stats look somewhat favorable to Spurs, certainly wouldn't expect that score looking at them

So much hump day action! Lacazette goal already

City starting both Jesus and Kun up top, assume Jesus wings a bit and KDB, Sterling as well...scrong lineup

Man City with the luck of the league winners already

Not playing great but still getting 3 points

Guardiola acting a bit crazy at the end, not sure what happened with Redmond

Jose got kicked off the sideline for stepping on the field

Pep goes nuts, not for the first time, and gets nothing

United conspiracy theories going wild

Back