So, what have we learned after this week of the NFL season as we head into the final 4 weeks?

Status
Not open for further replies.

B.A.R.

CTG Partner
Staff member
Watch those big spreads!

Ouch Pitt.

Colts, lol.

Houston is the quietest 9-3 I have ever seen.

Green Bay did the right thing, doing it now.

HOU had been so fortunate to get to 3-3, but they thrashed CLE yesterday and the defense is looking dominant while Watson is finally staying upright. Seems to be a nice combo

Desean Watson could be the best QB in the world-- He has something to him that inspires greatness- Almost a Roger Federer quality---

The kid just wins and seems to be in the championship picture every season at every level-- Clemson - Houston etc---

Pittsburgh isnt going anywhere with BEN-- He is washed up-- You could see it yesterday-- He cant avoid pressure-- He throws terrible lob passes for ints.

Kc is a huge fraud with Mahomes-- Keep this guy in the pocket and hes no better than Keenum or Tyrod-- He escapes pressure and moves around and uses his MLB calibre arm-- very very very good on the run throwing-- One of the best ever in that regard--
But when he goes against BILL who actually studies film he will force mahomes into the pocket resulting in 3 interceptions--

Detroit hires a loser coach in Patricia- Patricia is pathetic- So risk adverse--- Coaching with a philosophy from AD 1450-- This guy isnt a winner- Since he is so good at defense explain how he didnt stop ELI on those last 2 championship winning drives-
Then explain how we allowed Seattle to almost score end of game and allowed FOLES to score on his last possession-
IF not for the flukey win over Georgia oh i mean atlanta he would have basically lost every super bowl with his defense unable to make a stop.

John Harbaugh-- Was going to be fired for sure if he stuck with Flacco but in true MILLENIAL NEW AGE style he tried something different-- He went to a meditation GURU who convinced JOHN to DE BRAINWASH his thinking that Lamar cannot play in the NFL-- Lamar has saved HARBAUGHS job---
Pete Carrol knew Russel wilson was good- he started him-- Had he not started russel he would have been fired early on in seattle.

Matt Nagy- Love this guy- Love everthing about him- This guy is the best attitude

Barkley- This guy is the KYLER MURRAY of running backs- Playing like BO jackson- Has the vertical, big ass to run fast- this guy is a beast--

OBJ- THe guy is a freak, but his throws are so on point-- Makes you wonder why it wouldnt be a good idea to use him throwing more-- He could make throws that most other qbs could not--

Falcons-- WHy did they pay matt ryan 100 million plus despite the fact that their team is too old now to compete? They had their shot-- you lost-- you restart wtih younger cheaper players-- Even if they got good again, they would all be washed up-- in 2 years JULIO would be slow-- Ryan 34, Freeman, Sanu Beaslsey all slower.

Dallas has a crazy defense now?? Why? Good selections for sure in the draft-- But Chris Richards from Seattle is there-- this guy can coach--- Dallas could be seattle 2.0 if htey land EARL THOMAS

Bobby Wagner is the best linebacker in footbll easily-- What happened to LUKE KEUCHLY? washed up?

Learned that Jamis Winston will play the football of his life in USELESS football time to secure a long term contract from the BUCS only to do something stupid in the off season --

Carolina is falling apart-- Rivera needs to be fired- IF your team is struggling and you are a baby boomer-- You are fired-- Bring in new blood- Lincoln Kingsbury

JOhn Lynch sucks-- what was he thinking drafting Solomon Thomas-- Memo to JOHN-- Stanford players are good when they are drafted in later rounds, sherman baldwin when they are overlooked--- they dont produced top 5 defensive elite talent guys at that school--

Saints- Overrated team-- A good team-- But once again does a NFL team need to call in MATH staticians to help them prepare to play the saints???

They pretty much have 2 weapons-- MIKE THOMAS and ALVIN KAMARA-- Yet those 2 guys keep burning teams--

Cowboys were first team to take out THOMAS and KAMARA forcing brees elswehere to the garbage guys-- RESULT DALLAS WIN--

Giants have championship combo with BARKLEY and OBJ-- ELI is going to waste their PRIMES if he keeps playing next season-- They need to sign offensive lineman adn get a better QB--

AFC runs through New England. We already knew that, but it feels like they’re now the clear favorite after this week.
-KC is really going to miss Hunt imo, I thought Ware wouldn’t be that much of a downgrade but now I’m thinking Hunt was worth 1-2 points- we’ll see, only one game. Defense desperately needs Berry back, giving up 30+ to Oakland is embarrassing.
-Pitt blows a 16 lead...just Mike Tomlin things ie not beating Belichick in the playoffs
-LAC heck of a second half. I suspect they’ll continue to be everyone’s sleeper super bowl pick but I don’t trust Lynn in the playoffs
-Hou kind of a weird game. Two defensive scores, four forced turnovers yet Cle had 8.2ypp to their 5.2. Could feasibly end the year on a 13 game win streak. This has been a very soft schedule

Houston may be the team to prevent Tommy from going to the Super Bowl again.

What happened to Atlanta?

Don't sleep on the Seahawks in the NFC - you might not want to play them in the playoffs.

I don't think we should overreact to the Saints stomp down by Dallas - everybody lays an egg every so often.

Playoffs are shaping up to be a lot of fun I think (and hope)

Redskins have extended the league's longest streak of failing to win at least 11 games to 27 years.

I learned that the correct way to calculate strength of schedule in the NFL is to base it on projected win totals. For example, Bovada's preseason O/U win totals said that the Texans' opponents were lined to win a combined 121.5 games this season, which translated into the weakest projected strength of schedule in the NFL. Compared to the Redskins for example, whose opponents Bovada lined to win a projected 132.5 combined games this season (4th NFL). I also think San Diego answered a few questions on whether their success is the result of schedule strength this year.

Kc is a huge fraud with Mahomes-- Keep this guy in the pocket and hes no better than Keenum or Tyrod-- He escapes pressure and moves around and uses his MLB calibre arm-- very very very good on the run throwing-- One of the best ever in that regard--
But when he goes against BILL who actually studies film he will force mahomes into the pocket resulting in 3 interceptions--

Lol you sucked me in once again

You say keep him in the pocket as if nobody is trying to do that. Everyone is trying to. Fastest in history to 4000 yards. He had 4 TDs again this week.. Good enough for the 9th best season of all time for TDs... With 4 more games left.... He cannot be stopped for 4 quarters

After one half against the master BB, he made adjustments and went 9-13 for 188 and 4 TDS in the 2nd half.. on the road.. Had a better QBR and rating than Brady in that game...

You can make your points but when you put him in the same sentence as Keenum and Tyrod it's just silly...

Lol you sucked me in once again

You say keep him in the pocket as if nobody is trying to do that. Everyone is trying to. Fastest in history to 4000 yards. He had 4 TDs again this week.. Good enough for the 9th best season of all time for TDs... With 4 more games left.... He cannot be stopped for 4 quarters

After one half against the master BB, he made adjustments and went 9-13 for 188 and 4 TDS in the 2nd half.. on the road.. Had a better QBR and rating than Brady in that game...

You can make your points but when you put him in the same sentence as Keenum and Tyrod it's just silly...

Mahomes is good but I see a bit of Brett favre with him with untimely ints.
I believe he will have to win some playing games this year. He has the team the weapons although Ware looks like he is running in Molasses compared to Hunt

Mahomes without question has the best arm in the league easily.
He also seems to understand the plays.

I just have observed that a big part of his game is moving around the pocket and moving side to side.
However it may be hard vs Houston for example when watt clowney are collapsing the pocket. Or Bellichek who will contain the edges.

What’s going to happen when he is forced to play from the pocket like Bree’s Brady?

I see him as a gunslinger. High risk but high reward.

Mahomes throwing on the run is deadly.

He can really push the ball downfield.

Kc has an elite offense.

At this point they have to execute in the playoffs.

There is no reason that Kc with all their talent could not win the AFC.

They shoujd have the best offense. They shoujd he better than patriots and Texans.

Gronk is washed up now. Too many surgeries. He’s not a pass catcher unless patriots are saving him for playoffs and then unleashing him in the passing game??

Sammy....you crack me up....would love to sit around the 19th hole and drink beer and bust balls with you

Not sure where your going with all the KC, Gronk, Mahommes etc. comments but the AFC is going to the Pats or KC and the winner between those two will be determined by which team puts together the best defensive game plan on that day. Houston can't beat either team because they simply KC will outscore them and the Pats D is good enough so that they will not be able to score enough to get by Tommy and Co.

Desean Watson is very good but I can't see why you think he's better than Mahommes. This may be like arguing who's better Brady,Payton or Drew where the fan from each town will be able to support his guy with solid arguments. Mahommes is going to blow away every conceivable record for a rookie QB ever...he has 41 tds and 4000 yards already and only 10 int (i think) and becoming a good pocket passer takes time and experience. We beat him earlier this year and there was no doubt who the best player on the field that day was, Mahommes and it wasn't close. Barring injury he's going to be better than great, Watson probably will be also.

Gronk is having an off year. I don't think he ever got into the shape he's been in in the past. Too much party probably. But he's getting better and they don't use him much except as a blocker (he's a really good blocker) and a decoy. They may be saving him also, he has looked stronger recently

Pats D is much better than we think...I wonder how many points they have allowed in the 2nd half vs the rest of the league

Bj player we can have beers. Send me location

The pats defense is quietly starting to gel.

They have some elements of dominance on their defense.

The #1 rated corner in the nfl this season is Steven Gilmore.

Trey Flowers is a pro bowl d lineman

Donta Hightower is as good as it gets at linebacker

Add in the Mcourtry brothers and Elandon Roberts and the underrated kyle van noy and this unit is starting to dominate.

Josh Girdon continues to gather momentum. Michel is the best runner in the game today.

James Lebron White is the new Barry sanders. Way too quick for a linebacker to cover and far too physical for safeties to handle with his visciius hand karate chops to beat physical coverage.

Edelman getting back to Edelman super bowl form vs Seattle and Atlanta when he was too hyper to be stopped.
A hyper Edelman is like a fired up Saban.

Bellichek is awesome these days telling Theilen to shut F up lol.

Speaking of wideouts anyone seen a better red zone fade jump ball target in the league better than chargers Mike Williams.

Standing at 5”16 tall (6’4) he is a master at high pointing the Ball. He was Clemson’s beast who slayed Alabama.

Rivers is starting to use this guy a lot. He looks like an Olympic high jumper out there when he skies for the ball.

Seattle is quietly rebuilding their team.

With the addition of the right key free agents ( golden Tate return? And more experience from their young players they could be better next season

Have learned that Cincy is a pathetic franchise who doesent care about winning.

Bengals owner splits revenue so I guess he’s happy with the profits.

There is no way that Marvin Lewis should be coaching.
Also Dalton should be finished in Cincy.

They may hire Hue Jackson. Lol. God save this franchise!!!

THIS. As a Bills fan who endured Tyrod it's laughable to compare them in any way. I guess there will always be haters but as a fan of the game sometimes you have to just enjoy greatness. I love watching Mahomes play.

I wasn't sold on Josh Allen for the franchise, but the kid is a gamer. I can only hope he continues to progress to end the season. Dropping Benjamin was long overdue and he's connecting with Zay much more. Now if the Bills can get a couple olineman and a real #1 wr they'd be a problem next year.

I wasn't sold on Josh Allen for the franchise, but the kid is a gamer. I can only hope he continues to progress to end the season. Dropping Benjamin was long overdue and he's connecting with Zay much more. Now if the Bills can get a couple olineman and a real #1 wr they'd be a problem next year.

I may be being stubborn but im not buying in on him. This running is a joke that defenses cant stop it...he should not be getting 100 rush yards per game! Eventually that is going to go away and he is going to have to make plays with his arm, and I don't think he has the ability. We'll see though, I could be clinging to my pre-draft notion of him. I will credit him, as you said, he has been a gamer. but they have been playing the dreck of the league in the previous few weeks. lets see when he plays a real NFL team

I may be being stubborn but im not buying in on him. This running is a joke that defenses cant stop it...he should not be getting 100 rush yards per game! Eventually that is going to go away and he is going to have to make plays with his arm, and I don't think he has the ability. We'll see though, I could be clinging to my pre-draft notion of him. I will credit him, as you said, he has been a gamer. but they have been playing the dreck of the league in the previous few weeks. lets see when he plays a real NFL team

The running was taking what was given to him, crazy wide open running lanes. He got down when he needed to and never really took a shot while running. If you watched the way he owned Kiko throughout the game it was truly special. Only took 2 sacks while being under pressure the whole game, really escaped some tough rushes. There were easily 3 no calls that could have been roughing while IN the pocket... ones that elite qbs get all the time. One int was a bad throw, another was just a halftime heave. Missed a td pass to Foster by narrowly over throwing him, KB was a pussy and could have caught 2. The last play where he escaped the rush and threw a duck to Clay was by his account a bad pass but Clay didn't run through the ball. Honestly it's the way I want the rest of the Bills games to go... close games where Allen shows progression despite the below average line, culminating in a loss for better draft position.

DAL can get pressure and that is something that can beat any good team.

I'm not buying NE being far and away ahead of the AFC

Obrien and Reid and Tomlin cannot beat BILL.

Players are players- They all are good- They can all run catch throw, and block and tackle--

But coaching in game and adjustments are what wins games in playoffs--

Tomlin and Reid dont know how to manage late game clock situation-
Tomlin and Reid know how to waste challenge flags on bad plays to challenge
Tomlin and Reid cant figure out how to stop the Patriots offense when the chips are on the table

Obrien who attended practice every day concluded that Tom Savage is better than Desean Watson- No credibility as a coach-- Should have been fired after mis evaluating Watson situation.

So its about coaching and believe this-- THe pats are that much ahead of the entire AFC coaching for the past 15 years.

No AFC coaching stafff can match the patriots staff

Once Edelmen regains his ranking as the best receiver in the league, the patriots offense will take off.

When Edelmen regains 2.0 form its over-- He is just too smart at disecting zones in the Nfl- The former QB knows where to sit in zone and how to run patterns vs zone-

5 yards quick cut left, 5 yards quick cut right- guy is unguardable with his intelligence--

Defensive coordinators have no answer for this guy, he can routinely destroy double teams, might have to put 3 guys on him-- 2 guys to press him at the line and one behind to cover him--
THe man is just too sneaky quick and too smart for the league- He is the Steph Curry of the NFL with his slick route running

Tom is immobile and spikes the ball into the ground whenever he feels pressure. That's good for not making negative plays and turnovers, but really limits the offense and i think that's part of why NE hasn't been as dominant this year as they have in the past

Josh Allen will be great one day

Only if he improves his accuracy, and according to most that’s the ONE thing that you really can’t teach and really don’t vastly improve once getting to the NFL. Sure, he can run and escape the pocket, keeping plays alive. Sure, he has a big arm. But his accuracy is awful and that will be the one thing that prevents him from being really good, let alone great.

Patriots have come a long way this year and are only now hitting peak health. Remember they started the year without Edelman, Gordon was a mid-season add, Gronk has been battling aches and pains all year, Burkhead is now back and giving them a three headed RB group, and they've got Patterson to run an occasional wildcat or some or trick play. Throw in Hogan now flying under the radar, and they have 8 weapons to mix and match, along with Develin as a FB option. They can play any way the game dictates.

Compare this to KC losing Hunt, with Watkins still banged up. Pittsburgh has Conner hurt and has gotten little out of a #3 WR since mid-year. Houston is adding pieces with DT learning the offense and now Foreman coming back, but no TE. LA Chargers have Melvin banged up but he should be back, and they are looking at all road games in the playoffs.

Coupled with a defense that is not great but can be serviceable with good corners, compared to KC that has no D at all and Pittsburgh's that is solid for about half a game, the Patriots do look like the clear favorite in the AFC right now.

Patriots have come a long way this year and are only now hitting peak health. Remember they started the year without Edelman, Gordon was a mid-season add, Gronk has been battling aches and pains all year, Burkhead is now back and giving them a three headed RB group, and they've got Patterson to run an occasional wildcat or some or trick play. Throw in Hogan now flying under the radar, and they have 8 weapons to mix and match, along with Develin as a FB option. They can play any way the game dictates.

Compare this to KC losing Hunt, with Watkins still banged up. Pittsburgh has Conner hurt and has gotten little out of a #3 WR since mid-year. Houston is adding pieces with DT learning the offense and now Foreman coming back, but no TE. LA Chargers have Melvin banged up but he should be back, and they are looking at all road games in the playoffs.

Coupled with a defense that is not great but can be serviceable with good corners, compared to KC that has no D at all and Pittsburgh's that is solid for about half a game, the Patriots do look like the clear favorite in the AFC right now.
For me, it’s simply about coaching rather than personnel at this point. Last weekend’s game plan over Minnesota was classic belichick.

For me, it’s simply about coaching rather than personnel at this point. Last weekend’s game plan over Minnesota was classic belichick.

THIS.

Sammy's spout of verbal diarrhea about the Patriots talent is total and complete hogwash. Brady hasn't been overly sharp this year...Gronk has been almost invisible due to injuries, Edelman is a 32-year-old coming off a drug suspension and an ACL tear...stop. KC has way more talent, but Fat Andy vs. Hoodie isn't a comparison come January.

THEY WIN BECAUSE THEY PLAY SMARTER THAN ANY TEAM IN THE LEAGUE YEAR IN AND YEAR OUT.

Add in the fact you've got 3 asslickers in their division that gift them a minimum 5 wins and you're going to be in the hunt every fucking year. Gross, but true.

Always the same bend, don't break defense. Also, not very talented but they're led by the SMARTEST head coach in the history of the league. Not even a debate on that.

Anyone see the Sunday night football sponsor about NFL next generation stats? Collinsworth incorporates it into the broadcast each week. Well this offseason, the NFL invited staff, coaches, players, personnel (basically anyone associated with an NFL team) to what I believe was a 3-day conference on this new wave of analytical statistics and how and what they meant, why the research backs up these new stats like air yards, etc.

Out of the entire league, 32 fucking teams...do you know how many showed up?

Eleven.

11 fucking people showed up...

3 were from the New England Patriots.

If you don't think they're the smartest team in this league FROM TOP TO FUCKING BOTTOM, I've got some seaside property in Kansas that I'll sell you super cheap. Just PM for details.

THIS.

Sammy's spout of verbal diarrhea about the Patriots talent is total and complete hogwash. Brady hasn't been overly sharp this year...Gronk has been almost invisible due to injuries, Edelman is a 32-year-old coming off a drug suspension and an ACL tear...stop. KC has way more talent, but Fat Andy vs. Hoodie isn't a comparison come January.

THEY WIN BECAUSE THEY PLAY SMARTER THAN ANY TEAM IN THE LEAGUE YEAR IN AND YEAR OUT.

Add in the fact you've got 3 asslickers in their division that gift them a minimum 5 wins and you're going to be in the hunt every fucking year. Gross, but true.

Always the same bend, don't break defense. Also, not very talented but they're led by the SMARTEST head coach in the history of the league. Not even a debate on that.

Anyone see the Sunday night football sponsor about NFL next generation stats? Collinsworth incorporates it into the broadcast each week. Well this offseason, the NFL invited staff, coaches, players, personnel (basically anyone associated with an NFL team) to what I believe was a 3-day conference on this new wave of analytical statistics and how and what they meant, why the research backs up these new stats like air yards, etc.

Out of the entire league, 32 fucking teams...do you know how many showed up?

Eleven.

11 fucking people showed up...

3 were from the New England Patriots.

If you don't think they're the smartest team in this league FROM TOP TO FUCKING BOTTOM, I've got some seaside property in Kansas that I'll sell you super cheap. Just PM for details.

Isn‘t Kansas in the middle of the continent far from any body of water?

I want to publicly thank Scarf for sending me the map of Kansas with a sea in it for a very fair price of $300. Thanks!

All land in Kansas should one day be grounds for a penitentiary that houses all conspiracy theorists. Given how as a country we value privatized prisons (if you don't know, it's A1A, Beachfront Ave in my political discourse) it should be worth a lot of money. Gotta feed and shelter the helpless.

The patriots are way too smart for the league.

Bellichek is a baby boomer.

But he has a touch of Eli musk in his brain.

He isn’t close minded. He is open to research and new plays and new ways of doing things.

Players to me are all good.

But coaches are clearly not. I’ve been around some football personnel and can assure you they are some of the stupidest ppl on this planet.

Football is a muscle roud style game. There aren’t many smart ppl in it.

It’s chsnging with mcvay Nagy Lincoln and some new guys but you still have your Marvin Lewis jeff fishers in the league. Bill O’Brien perfect example. He knows nothing. He thought savage was Better than Watson.
Hue Jackson benched nick Chubb in favour of Carlos Hyde

Baby boomers aren’t smart. They are products of limited rigid thinking. This is the way we have done it in the past and this is the way we will continue to do it.

Some boomers transcend themselves. Some don’t. The ones who don’t are fired.

Scarf I’m not sure how Edelman isn’t the best receiver in the game?

Why does no team dare press him
At the line?

He single handledky destroyed Pittsburgh 2 seasons ago by hooking all day in zone.

He is too quick to cover.

Both super bowl wins were all him making huge plays

Samuel...my friend...he’s not even the 2nd best receiver on his own team...Gronk and Gordon are better receivers.

He’s literally a role player as I personally think Welker filled the role JE plays slightly better. They’re a system with interchangeable parts.

They win because they outscheme and outwork teams. Last year’s SB, hoodie had McDaniels digging to the furthesr depths of their playbook for stuff...because they are always more prepared than their opposition...that is enormously valuable come January.

JE is 32, coming off a torn ACL and a PED suspension...he is replaceable in the grand scheme just like Welker was.

It all goes back to NE being a place players don’t necessarily love to play...unless their sole goal is winning. Countless past-Pats players have said how work-based and hardass the rules are in BB’s world.

THAT...THE SYSTEM HE RUNS...is why they win. I’ll go so far as to say that if 12 didn’t have BB there, he wouldn’t nearly have the career he’s had. BB and TB are the perfect match of player/HC getting the absolute most out of one another and making them BOTH better.

Fuck I don't want to see New England in another super bowl. C'mon Mahomes, stop them please.

No kidding.

But patriots are surging while the rest of the AFC to me is looking more and more CFL ish.

Nfc has better chance against Pats because bill
Doesent see the nfc teams as much. So he cannot game plan for them as much.
The Afc teams is basically like a political party trying to beat Putin who is the pats.

I believe the +550 value on pats is the steal of the century.

Can they beat the nfc ? I think after the loss last season they can.

List of contenders and weaknesses.

Kc chiefs- Andy Reid. Pathetic defense. Mahomes ints

Steelers- Tomlin is a cheerleader, Big Ben fat slow

Chargers- Fgoal kicking and rivers isn’t clutch

Texans. Bill o brien. Enough said. Arrogant

Just don’t see the point of even playing the playoffs this season. Just annoint the Pats as Afc reps in the super bowl.

Steelers in whatever shitty shape you think they're in would drub the Pats right now. They seem like cream rises unlike the others, almost like this is a plot

Nothing to do with coaching or Edelman or their papsmear defense, NE are targets and just aren't that good. This is the end. Brady knows it, Sammy should too.

My preseason was Ravens....hell who knows?

Steelers in whatever shitty shape you think they're in would drub the Pats right now. They seem like cream rises unlike the others, almost like this is a plot

Nothing to do with coaching or Edelman or their papsmear defense, NE are targets and just aren't that good. This is the end. Brady knows it, Sammy should too.

My preseason was Ravens....hell who knows?

I don’t think this is the end of the patriots!

Brady still has easy 5-7 more productive years. Rule changes and a quicker college game will extend his career.

I don't think you can criticize Mahomes for his INTs due to the fact he has 41 TDs. 41 TDs and 10 INTs, I'll take that anyday. Like you said though, their downfall will be their defense. Throw in Hunt's situation too and that doesn't help.

The only QB who you can say is playing better than Mahomes is Brees, but even he has 10 less TDs than Mahomes. If I had to pick a NFL MVP my vote would probably go

1. Brees
2. Mahomes
3. Gurley

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back