So what did we learn in Week 5 ?

Don't forget to add that the shitty call by the ref allowed the Titans to take the lead.If that flag wasn't thrown the Titans would be 4-1.My hats off to the Titans for being undefeated but as of now the team to beat in the AFC will be Pitt. I can't see any team in the AFC to stop Pitt from going to the Super Bowl as of now.

You are sadly mistaken if you think the Titans d line would let Big Ben run around all day back there to find a wr: think when PHilly was making him look like an old fat slow man, running for his life.

Pitt is a different team with pressure on Ben, still a good team, but certainly not the best in the AFC IMO.:seeya:

Nut - Thanks for your well-thoughtout response; I often read your stuff and you obviously know your stuff.

It is fairly obvious that I am a fan, and of course the blinds me to some extent, of this I am aware. However, from a capping point of view, I still love the way this team is looking. I hope everyone continues to undervalue them and their ability, and I will continue to profit.

Also, I may have missed it, but I see no place where you mention having the best coach in the NFL - always helps. I am certainly not pinnning my hopes on a Collins SB victory, but it would not shock me.

Say what you will, but Vandy and the Titans are undefeated; wonder what a line would have been on that wager six weeks ago.

Health.:cheers:

Thanks bro. I agree I should have mentioned Jeff Fisher in there somewhere . I guess the best way to say it is the jury is still out . We cant deny 5-0 but how they do fare when they take a step up in talent . Only time will tell . I dont discount they can go into the playoffs and advance maybe even to the SB especially looking at the AFC so far . I look at Dallas and they play sloppy and still win games by fare margins what woud the scores be if they played an A type game ? That what concerns me about Tenny is they arent playing great teams and you cant walk away think they dominanted the game .....

There is no issue with being a fan of the team . I just meant we have some Tenny fans here more then one might expect so team gets some attention at CTG . DOnt read into as I am saying your looking at the team with blinders . I could just as easily be in denial with them :shake:

The titans fans showing up this year reminds of the warrior fans in the nba.

You are sadly mistaken if you think the Titans d line would let Big Ben run around all day back there to find a wr: think when PHilly was making him look like an old fat slow man, running for his life.

Pitt is a different team with pressure on Ben, still a good team, but certainly not the best in the AFC IMO.:seeya:

Pitt is a different team with pressure on Ben? So what would you call what most would call pressure? He leads the NFL in sacks but at the same time he is leading the league in passer rating after he gets hit

The Cowboys offense has some serious issues, and I'm quite sure T.O. is not the largest problem (contrary to popular belief). There's not a lot of swagger, and Romo (the engine to that team) looks indecisive, and is a turnover machine. I think the media can stop nut-suckling this guy, now. After reading his body language for 3+ games, I'm not sure he's going to be able to handle the pressure-cooker he's heading for this year.

To piggy-back on Alex's comment, the Cowboys defense has still not been "fixed" by "Mr. Fix-It", which was the whole reason he was hired in the first place (and he readily admits as much, hence giving himself the nickname).

The talent is there. Newman (1st round), Henry (FA), Hamilin (FA), R. Williams (1st round), Jenkins (1st round), Pack (FA), Tank (FA), Ware (1st round), Spears (1st round), Canty (4th round), Thomas (FA), Ellis (1st round), James (4th round), Burnett (2nd round), Carpenter (1st round), Spencer (1st round)...That's a lot of high-end draft picks and FA "playmakers" that don't make plays on a consistent basis.

IF "Coach Fix-It" wants to buy himself one more year as head coach, he'd demote Stewart and take over the defense, because if Jerry's expectations aren't met this year, or if his team has a couple more Washington-type meltdowns this year, he won't hesitate to make the switch to the Red-Headed Genius as early as this off-season.

For those Cowboy fans looking at this through rose-colored glasses, we are essentially in 3rd place in the NFC East a little over a 1/4 of the way through the season. We've beat Cleveland, Philly, Green Bay, and Cincinatti. In retrospect, that's not real impressive, now, is it? The most that will make it out of the division is three teams. Is it out of the realm of possibility to think that we will lose AT Washington and AT Philly and only split with the Giants? We better beat the teams we're supposed to beat (i.e., Cardinals, Rams, Seahawks), and hope we have this defense fixed with the offense running more smoothly, otherwise, it's not out of the realm of possibility that we finish last in the East with a winning record and better record than one or two division winners and STILL not make the playoffs.

You cannot underestimate how big that loss was last week. They needed to take care of business in their own home, especially in this division. They didn't. Now they're behind the 8-ball. They need the mental toughness to come through this thing, and I'm pretty sure this teams' strength is not mental toughness.

Pitt is a different team with pressure on Ben? So what would you call what most would call pressure? He leads the NFL in sacks but at the same time he is leading the league in passer rating after he gets hit

Good stats Alex. What I should have said was Tenny would give him more trouble than Jags for example, as they were well into the 2nd half before a sack if I am not mistaken.

I agree 100% that Ben is a great QB under pressure, but I believe the TN D line would pressure and sack him, not merely move him out of the pocket.

Please don't get me wrong....Pitt and Big Ben are a powerful combo, and they will be a serious factor this PS.

Thanks bro. I agree I should have mentioned Jeff Fisher in there somewhere . I guess the best way to say it is the jury is still out . We cant deny 5-0 but how they do fare when they take a step up in talent . Only time will tell . I dont discount they can go into the playoffs and advance maybe even to the SB especially looking at the AFC so far . I look at Dallas and they play sloppy and still win games by fare margins what woud the scores be if they played an A type game ? That what concerns me about Tenny is they arent playing great teams and you cant walk away think they dominanted the game .....

There is no issue with being a fan of the team . I just meant we have some Tenny fans here more then one might expect so team gets some attention at CTG . DOnt read into as I am saying your looking at the team with blinders . I could just as easily be in denial with them :shake:

Nut, I definitely did not turn off Sunday's game thinking we dominated the Ravens - that is for damn sure.

Ready for another great weekend of action, hopefully after Minny hits that ml tonight.:smiley_acbe:

At least the Offense moved the ball better with Sage. I'd take my chances with him instead of Shaub. I think the mistakes Sage made late yesterday are easily correctable and the team seemed to respond better during the game.

If Schaub had been in for that 4th quarter yesterday the Texans win. That was a pathetic showing at QB by Sage. No excuses he flat out sucked & it cost his team a win and does not deserve to be starting in the nfl. I still cannot get over the last 4 mins of that game........

If Shaub was starting they wouldnt have had a lead in the 4th anyway. Sorry you lost your ML bet ( I did as well), but I havent seen the Texans look that good all year.

The Cowboys offense has some serious issues, and I'm quite sure T.O. is not the largest problem (contrary to popular belief). There's not a lot of swagger, and Romo (the engine to that team) looks indecisive, and is a turnover machine. I think the media can stop nut-suckling this guy, now. After reading his body language for 3+ games, I'm not sure he's going to be able to handle the pressure-cooker he's heading for this year.

To piggy-back on Alex's comment, the Cowboys defense has still not been "fixed" by "Mr. Fix-It", which was the whole reason he was hired in the first place (and he readily admits as much, hence giving himself the nickname).

The talent is there. Newman (1st round), Henry (FA), Hamilin (FA), R. Williams (1st round), Jenkins (1st round), Pack (FA), Tank (FA), Ware (1st round), Spears (1st round), Canty (4th round), Thomas (FA), Ellis (1st round), James (4th round), Burnett (2nd round), Carpenter (1st round), Spencer (1st round)...That's a lot of high-end draft picks and FA "playmakers" that don't make plays on a consistent basis.

IF "Coach Fix-It" wants to buy himself one more year as head coach, he'd demote Stewart and take over the defense, because if Jerry's expectations aren't met this year, or if his team has a couple more Washington-type meltdowns this year, he won't hesitate to make the switch to the Red-Headed Genius as early as this off-season.

For those Cowboy fans looking at this through rose-colored glasses, we are essentially in 3rd place in the NFC East a little over a 1/4 of the way through the season. We've beat Cleveland, Philly, Green Bay, and Cincinatti. In retrospect, that's not real impressive, now, is it? The most that will make it out of the division is three teams. Is it out of the realm of possibility to think that we will lose AT Washington and AT Philly and only split with the Giants? We better beat the teams we're supposed to beat (i.e., Cardinals, Rams, Seahawks), and hope we have this defense fixed with the offense running more smoothly, otherwise, it's not out of the realm of possibility that we finish last in the East with a winning record and better record than one or two division winners and STILL not make the playoffs.

You cannot underestimate how big that loss was last week. They needed to take care of business in their own home, especially in this division. They didn't. Now they're behind the 8-ball. They need the mental toughness to come through this thing, and I'm pretty sure this teams' strength is not mental toughness.

Great post . I think there are some issues on the field and on the sidelines.

With the offense big thing that never gets addressed is while TO is a stud the dropoff from him to the next Dallas WRs is way to huge . Crayton is decent and Austin has made some huge plays but really these guys should be your 3rd and th option. They need a serious #2 WR to get defenses off TO . On the other hand TO needs to keep quiet so his demands for the ball doesnt increase the attention paid to him by opposing defeses. If I am the opposing defensive coordinator and read TO complaining about looks uhm wouldnt I do more that week to shadow him and take him out of the game ? I think thats a serious flaw in there offense . I think while Garrett has been solid he needs to get better in the red zone . How a team with 2 great RBs , a mobile QB m astud TE and WR continually looks lost in the red zone baffles me. I know they said this yesterday in the booth but Dallas is scoring on big plays and basically big plays only . Of the top of my head we had some long Austin TDs , some big Felix Jones runs and kick return , some big TO pass plays . That offense should kill you every which way but it doesnt . Put that partially on the coaches . Next is Romo's indecisiveness. He especially in the red zone or backed up gets happy feet way to often . Doesnt hold the pocket long enough and stay dropped back with his legs under him and doesnt know when the pocket has collapsed and its time to run. He always seems caught in the middle . Drop back , get happy feet and get unbalanced , look to run then change his mind and step back to throw , etc .....jsut ugly and has been costly think the TOs he committed this year .....

Defense I think has improved though . What offense has really shredded them and dont look at PPG . They havent made enough plays by any means but they have played generally solid football. They have played without NEwman at times and recently Roy Williams for weeks. Think I read Adam Jones had 3 dropped INT which were so bad and obvious he was left speechless to explain why and simply said time to practice on the jugs machine. Do they play as big as there names ?? Not at all but an above avg unit so far IMO.....yesterday Cincy had only 260 yds of offense , just 23 carries for 61 yds and barely 200 yds passing ...23 pts allowed and the scoring drives read 8 plays for 25 yds FG , 7plays 16 yds FG , 5 plays 19 yds FG and 7plays 37 yds TD accounted for 16 points. Only once did the Bengals drive the field and score ...

The defense does need to make more game changing , momentum changing type plays . Overall I think its been solid though but opponents starting field position has often been to good . Looking at the Wash game after the 1st Q the Skins started at there own 49 , 39 ,35 ,20 , DAL 44 , Wash 34 . Thats 6 possession only 1 did the opponent start inside the 35(okay 34) and was never backed up . Your putting your defense in a spot where if they allow 30-35 yds they are going to allow a long but makeable FG attempt . The Eagles game only 337 yds of offense but 37 points allowed basically 4 handed to them on turnovers fumble in the end zone and INT then pass interefence in teh end zone . Philly did hit a biog pass and had 1 long drive for a TD . Still DAL made Philly work for the 9 pts it got of FGs like 30 plays 149yds.

I think Dallas needs to play a reverse role sort of like NE did last year but with better players for Dallas on defense . Dal offense needs to move the ball and win the field position battle when it doesnt score , it needs to stop turning the ball over and losing points but also stop turning it over and giving away good field position , and the big plays scores if they happen real quick are putting there defense right back out there so looking at how to extend drives is critical IMO...

Romo is the key on offense clearly but the coaches need to do better and I would be frustrate if I was a player like TO or Barber . The defense when given a chance to make something happen simply needs to ......

:shake:

Hey now, the Steelers have 2 big WR that will soon be getting some playing time .

Only problem is 6`5 Limas Sweed can`t catch and 6`3 Dallas Baker cant run

:shake:

Those bandwagon fans annoyed the hell out of me, especially the ones who didn't even know who Azuibuke was. The ones at the games were a bunch of coorporate pussies that got tix from their companies.

Or this year's Devil Rays. Smokedawg pointed out but all the Tampa gear their so called fans are sporting this postseason isn't worn in at all. Brand spanking new for this year.

I've been repping the Titans since I found this site. I guess I don't understand why people think their current success is a fluke. They won 10 games last year with a QB who threw 8 more INTs than touchdowns. The year before that they finished 7-1 in their last 8 games. This isn't out of the blue at all.I said all offseason that the Titans OVER 8 wins was the easiest future bet on the board. I said they would win 11 games this year and several posters laughed it off. I'm not being results oriented and trying to rub it in people's faces after the fact, I've said they would be a factor from the outset. Eventually the doubters will have to tip their cap.

Thinking Big Ben could exploit the Titans with his O-Line at this moment is just denying reality. I'm not saying the Steelers wouldn't have a decent shot to win because they also have a strong defense that could give the Titans O all sorts of problems, but the Titans front 7 against that offensive line would make the Eagles/Steelers game look like a tea party.

As far as the thread goes:
Betting against teams making coastal travel is extremely profitable. Dolphins over Chargers, Cardinals over Bills, Jets over Cardinals, Giants over Seahawks as recent examples.

Fade the Lions. Don't try to read too much into the line like I did last weekend.

Andy Reid really sucks and the Eagles will never get it until they quit the finesse bullshit.

Jags are still overrated and one day everyone will realize this.

Texans-What can you say?

G-Men are the class of the NFC.

Miami has a real shot to win 9 games, and maybe more. They were never that bad last year(injuries, horrible luck). Now they have real football people calling the shots and it's already paying off. It just goes to show how important the FO is.

Last edited:

Great post counselor.:cheers: Look for the Cardinals to win SU this weekend. I'm all over the +6.

MNF

Clearly an odd game. 57 total points and just 3 offensive TDs which went 5 yds , 47 yds and 77 yds ending ona diving 30 something yd TD catch. The short one was a RB throwing it and the 47yd drive had a 3rd and 10 for 17yd TD catch . Then 21 other points on 2 punt returns and blocked TD. LEaving 5 FGs ask my why I didnt play the over 3.5 FG prop ??

Anyway the Saints came out looking pretty good but how good ? They get the ball to start at the Minny 47 and I always keep in the back of my mind your basically already gave the opponent 3 pts . They pick up 10-15 yds and they have a legit chance at a FG . So Saints moved it some in grinding chunks and on 3rd and 10 Brees hit Henderson for a 17 yd TD . Then after getting it back up 7-0 they on 1st down of the enxt drive hit Henderson for 52 yds move it some then on 3rd and pick up the first but a holding penalty takes it away and they settle for long FG atempt . Which we know Minny blocks and pops right into Winfields hands a he races for the TD. Tied at 7-7 . So Saints looked good on offense but cant overlook good field position and 2 key plays the 3rd and 10 TD pass and 52td pass both to Henderson. Again NO ball and again great field position as they start at there own 49. Same deal your basically handing the opponet 3 pts and guess what the Saints get 3 pts to goup 10-7 . So yes they moved the ball but also had great field position twice and hit there trademark long pass play . Now Minny gets good field position and despite just 1 yd gain kick a long FG . See how that works . Now 10-10 they kick the ball to NO who on a sack fumbles and sets up minny at the 5 . The irony is that is what happened to Minny last week . They allowed 21 pts on 50 net yds. Naturally even Minny can score from teh 4 yd line and lead 17-10 . Next drive the Saints again pretty good field position and upon moving it to the Vikes 35 the face msked gets overlooked and Bush fumbles . Sainst were in FG range but cant say it was a gimme for Gramatica . Again Minny ball and they punt . Now Sainst down 17-10 miove the ball all the way to Vikes 12 but think Bush fumbled on this drive but despite a chance to recover the Saints got it back. The big play was a rare poor throw by Brees that resulted in akward attempt by Lance Moore which ben leber made an outstanding play that got overlooked . Diving for the ball that bounced up slightily and making a game changing INT . Vikes used the momentum to go all the way downfeld but settled for 3 pts . There was the almost AP fumble which I thought was a fumble until they replayed it 100x. being it was called down by contact I think the ruling by review was correct . It was by a millisecond not a fumble. Somehow the ball shifted in AP hands but he cupped for a split second while his knee touched the ground and as soon as his knee hit flush with the ground the ball was out . Basically dont think you can overturn whatever they would have called on field . it was close but honestly feel that AP barely avoided the fumble by cupping the ball that split sec cause it didnt move but popped out a half sec later ...

So 20-10 at half . While NO ruled the 1st Q the 2nd Q was a wash as far as offesive production .

After half seemed Minny decided to pass much more and didnt use AP enough . The Saints were still moving it some but also sloppy . Cant forget the bad snap when brees was audibling on 3rd down. Anyway that cost them a possible FG attempt and yardage was even that quarter net basis as were the plays ran...

Then it was reggie Bush time . With Minny not doing anything to ice the game and NO continuing to inflict pain on themselves it wasnt till late 3rd Q we saw a 2nd H score as Bush was sick on a punt return.

Then Minny punts again after a 3 and out up 20-17 and the 4th Q starts . With what else a great Bush punt return were i said thank goodness he tripped on the chalk because he was gone no doubt . Anyway they settle for a long FG attempt and to my disbelief Gramatica Crsuhed a long 53 yd FG and did it perfectly . So 20up now. What happens berrian drops a 3rd down bal after succssive penalties made 2nd and 3 now 2nd and 13 . So three straight 3 and outs for Minny which they just kept throwing the ball . Shame on Childress the guy didnt seem to have a clue . Anway punt again. Bush took 1 to the house and took the nest one nearly to the house but tripped and they got 3 out of it . So tie game one would guess we dont punt it to Reggie anyone but Reggie right ? Nope punt to him and he gets another sick TD run . Damn is Reggie get some love from Kim tonight that would console me . Anyway now 27-20. Vikes must do something as they just allowed 17 straight and 12 to play . Minny mixes up the play calls and drives the ball down the field but a big offensive PI takes away a nice reception by Allison to the 9 and moves them back to borderline FG attempt position and worse like 3rd and 13 . Then Gus drops back admittedly foggy and heaves to the end zone and two crossing Wrs sees Berrian snares it for a TD . See how good a team looks when a team makes tough plays unlike the Wade and berrian 1st down conversion drops .

All tied at 27 and Saints missed a golden opportunity to seal the deal . they get the ball back and Brees backed up on 3rd and long hits Miller for a big pass play . For some reason NO doesnt eelct to pound the ball and on 2nd down throws a incomplete and forced to pass on 3rd and long another incomplete and long FG attempt which is hooked to the right . So again NO another missed chance. Of course Minny has the ball and makes some plays and when Gus heaves it downfield now he gets a PI call and the ball inside the 10 .. couple of runs to kill clock and a FG attempt .....Vikes win a strange one ..Also after the 1st Q the Vikings offense was mnore productive then NO. Sains 94 , 45 and 69 yds by quarter produced just 3 points , a missed FG , and the Leber INT near the Minny 10. Vikinsg 100 , 47 and 124 for Minny by quarter as Vikings offense scored 20 points but aided by the defense for the short field TD .

The key is Vikings made key plays especially on offense but cant overlook the key Berrian diving TD . The catch on the drill shot to Gus.

As I said in my comments pregame the Sainst issues are clearly FG kicking which played huge role , penalties which were again a huge issue and how NO scores w/o the benfit of big plays which NO scored on the opening drive and never another TD and just a 47yd drive . So Saints are sloppy and Bush has fumble issues nothing new . Brees was excellent and have to say the guy is an elite NFL QB at the moment . Problem is NO cant run the ball . Bush just doesnt do much on the ground and Deuce is just grnding away .

The Saints defense has played well for 10 quarters now. You have to give the Minny defense alot of credit for the Leber INT and the FG block for a TD . They didnt allow but 2 big pass plays . Brees had his completions and yards but not the big downfield plays very key IMO.....

Yardage just about 100 yds in favor of NO but 4 Saints TO were crucial and 2 missed fgs.

the Vikes disappoint me because of the play calling but they played well IMO overall . The Saints impressed me with Brees play and the defense play but everything else was as expected ...Bush in the return game , the penalties and turnovers , the lack of running game , and the inability to score TDs w/o big plays ....so can NO fix the flaws ?????so can Minny right the offense ?? jury is still out .......:shake:

Great post counselor.:cheers: Look for the Cardinals to win SU this weekend. I'm all over the +6.

really wins vs Buffalo , Miami and @ SF ?? Losses @ Wash and @ NYJ??

Bills come in catching +1 on the open and u dont see Dallas as a TD better then Buffalo ???:shake:

49ers have to fire NOLAN. He sucks

NORV TURNER has to go. San Diego has a good offense.

Childress has to go.

Baltimore still has no offensive game.

really wins vs Buffalo , Miami and @ SF ?? Losses @ Wash and @ NYJ??

Bills come in catching +1 on the open and u dont see Dallas as a TD better then Buffalo ???:shake:

Buffalo is an above avg. team that Arizona destroyed at home.Miami is probably in the middle of the league. The Niners aren't awful. Losing at the Skins is nothing to be ashamed of and the Jets were in an amazing spot that week. I don't see why the credibility of Arizona's wins and losses are in question.

As stupid as this probably sounds, the Cards at home are one of the most favorable if not most favorable situations for a gambler since the perception is that Arizona sucks whereever and whenver and we know that isn't the case. Looking at this from another angle:What has Dallas done to be a 6 point favorite in Arizona? Arizona's margin of victory in two home games has been 24 points and both wins were against what I hope we can agree are decent clubs.Other than having the name 'Dallas Cowboys' I see nothing to lead me to believe they should be that big of a fave or even that they should be favored.

After watching Jason Campbell completely exploit and abuse the Dallas secondary in Texas Stadium, I've got to think Kurt Warner will do well at home against the Dallas defense. Dallas is not playing good football offensively or in general. Looks great for Arizona IMO.

Last edited:
tony romo's decision making is iffy

ed hockuli is still raking in huge sums of cash from some unknown source.

As stupid as this probably sounds, the Cards at home are one of the most favorable if not most favorable situations for a gambler since the perception is that Arizona sucks whereever and whenver and we know that isn't the case. Looking at this from another angle:What has Dallas done to be a 6 point favorite in Arizona? I see nothing to lead me to believe they should be that big of a fave.

After watching Jason Campbell completely exploit and abuse the Dallas secondary in Texas Stadium, I've got to think Kurt Warner will do well at home against the same group. Dallas is not playing good football offensively. Looks great for Arizona IMO.

Absolutely agree Zona at home has been good SU and ATS .

What has Dallas done ? Won convincingly @ Cle and @ GB. When they played GB and laid chalk that Packers team was better then this Zona team . They beat Philly and did so despit ehanding then 14 pts and they ebat Cincy who for its shortcomings played well @ NY and @ Dallas . Only flaw is Dallas lost late vs Wash one of the hotter NFL teams .

I guess I dont buy Zona . They had only 350 yds of offense and played Buffalo without a starting a CB . Zona showed the key is pressure on Warner always has been always will be as he is turnover prone . They got outplayed or didnt outplay SF . So cant say Zona impresses me much . Not much from Edge sort of a Jamal Lewis type back now . Boldin out makes Fitz life difficult while he caught 2 TDs his overall production dropped .

Wouldnt say Campbell shred the Dallas secondary . If Rodgers and McNabb couldnt shred it not sure Warner can either . Santana Moss owns Dal as we look back the past few years and he did all thedamage. Think Campbell 230yds on 31 attempts .

Cant overlook that bills had 4 turnovers which lead to 17 pts and just was the perfect spot ....

Not sure Dallas should be -6 but -4.5 certainly IMO....Justthink Dallas is being sold short because of sloppy play ...

Road games they play better as well . Only two 1 pts win in 2007 as huge chalk and TD win @ carolina but the rest all by DDs and again this year. :shake:

Also romo in 2006 at Zona very good game with 300 yds passing and get this Dallas 2-0 away so far , 7-0 away in 2007 not counting last game of the year and only loss in 06 away by a FG @ Wash but 4-1 .

So Dallas is 13-1 with Romo as a starter on the road losing only 22-19 in his 2nd career start @ Wash....

Buffalo is an above avg. team that Arizona destroyed at home.Miami is probably in the middle of the league. The Niners aren't awful. Losing at the Skins is nothing to be ashamed of and the Jets were in an amazing spot that week. I don't see why the credibility of Arizona's wins and losses are in question.

As stupid as this probably sounds, the Cards at home are one of the most favorable if not most favorable situations for a gambler since the perception is that Arizona sucks whereever and whenver and we know that isn't the case. Looking at this from another angle:What has Dallas done to be a 6 point favorite in Arizona? Arizona's margin of victory in two home games has been 24 points and both wins were against what I hope we can agree are decent clubs.Other than having the name 'Dallas Cowboys' I see nothing to lead me to believe they should be that big of a fave or even that they should be favored.

After watching Jason Campbell completely exploit and abuse the Dallas secondary in Texas Stadium, I've got to think Kurt Warner will do well at home against the Dallas defense. Dallas is not playing good football offensively or in general. Looks great for Arizona IMO.

Some good points but disagree in general . The AFC is weak and Buffalo and Miami might be middle of the road AFC teams but they are not good teams by any stretches IMO . Miami is a different team with Ronnie Brown at the RB spot that isnt the team Zona faced . Miami also won as huge dogs vs overated AFC Superpowers with injuries . Zona didnt destroy Buffalo as Bills lost Edwards early and Zona controlled TOP but 3 fumbles gave Zona 17 pts in a 24 pt game . I had Zona like everyone else did as well.

Miami and Buffalo are just not good tests IMO ....:shake:

I've been repping the Titans since I found this site. I guess I don't understand why people think their current success is a fluke. They won 10 games last year with a QB who threw 8 more INTs than touchdowns. The year before that they finished 7-1 in their last 8 games. This isn't out of the blue at all.I said all offseason that the Titans OVER 8 wins was the easiest future bet on the board. I said they would win 11 games this year and several posters laughed it off. I'm not being results oriented and trying to rub it in people's faces after the fact, I've said they would be a factor from the outset. Eventually the doubters will have to tip their cap.

Thinking Big Ben could exploit the Titans with his O-Line at this moment is just denying reality. I'm not saying the Steelers wouldn't have a decent shot to win because they also have a strong defense that could give the Titans O all sorts of problems, but the Titans front 7 against that offensive line would make the Eagles/Steelers game look like a tea party.

As far as the thread goes:
Betting against teams making coastal travel is extremely profitable. Dolphins over Chargers, Cardinals over Bills, Jets over Cardinals, Giants over Seahawks as recent examples.

Fade the Lions. Don't try to read too much into the line like I did last weekend.

Andy Reid really sucks and the Eagles will never get it until they quit the finesse bullshit.

Jags are still overrated and one day everyone will realize this.

Texans-What can you say?

G-Men are the class of the NFC.

Miami has a real shot to win 9 games, and maybe more. They were never that bad last year(injuries, horrible luck). Now they have real football people calling the shots and it's already paying off. It just goes to show how important the FO is.

That is the point I was trying to make....Big Ben would meet Albert and VdB many times in a matchup between the two...even referenced the eagles game as well - that is when I knew that the Titans could hang with the steelers.

Good days in nashville my friend. vandy and titans undefeated. Never thought I would see that.:tiphat:

Back