So what did we learn in Week 5 ?

SportsNut

Breaking it down briefly
Figure since I paid attention to some games would get this started .

TB @ Denver - Well I wouldnt say I had bad luck yesterday but I really had some annoying , back breaing endings that put me on tilt . Today was really no different except I won a good chunk of what I lost yesterday back....

That pertains to this game because this was my Fuck You game today . TB did absoluetly nothing on offense for most of the game especially the 2nd H but of course scoed a TD to bust all my parlays that had them -3.5 and cost me a good $600 a nice chunk of change for me . Not to mention the -3 's that I pushed and only won some -2.5 .....

If you think Pitt has some bad penalties which were also all HORSESHIT in the 4th quarter but I still did well on that .

Anyway there was so many it was ridiculous ---
1- On Prater's 55 yd FG to start the 2nd Q they get a 10 yd hold on 3rd and 4 when Cutler scrambled for 8 yds . Naturally could be the reason why he got the yards but tok away a 1s down at the 26 TB 26.

2- On Prater's 40 yd FG near the end of the 1st Half Andre Hall was a killer . Think 1st an d10 at TBs 28 they get a 7td catch but he gets called for 15 yd chopblock so 2nd and 3 from the 21 becomes 1st and 25 at the 43 yd line . Then he wasnt done at 2nd at 16 from theTB 34 and he gets called for a hold negatating an 8 yd catch ..so 2nd and 26 from the 44 rather then 3rd and 8 from the 26 ....

3- Now here is the ridiculous part ....Den up 16-6 about 12 to play in the game....

<TABLE cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=2 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR class=bg2 id=play vAlign=center align=right height=17><TD class=bg3 align=left>3-2-TB27</TD><TD class=bg3 align=left>(11:02) (Shotgun) J.Garcia pass short middle intended for A.Bryant INTERCEPTED by M.Thomas at TB 31. M.Thomas to TB 20 for 11 yards (W.Dunn). FUMBLES (W.Dunn), RECOVERED by TB-A.Sears at TB 12. A.Sears to TB 12 for no gain (B.Bailey).</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
So rather then DEN ball at the TB 11 yd line which any score basically ices my plays the Bucs get the ball back ......

4- Again with holds you never know how much of a role they played in the actual gain BUT once Den did stop the Bucs and forced a punt here is what happened....

<TABLE cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=2 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR class=bg2 id=play vAlign=center align=right height=17><TD class=bg3 align=left>4-2-TB20</TD><TD class=bg3 align=left>(9:09) J.Bidwell punts 53 yards to DEN 27, Center-A.Economos. G.Martinez to TB 30 for 43 yards (A.Economos). Penalty on DEN-S.Larsen, Illegal Block Above the Waist, declined.
PENALTY on DEN-K.Paymah, Offensive Holding, 10 yards, enforced at DEN 30.

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
So rather then start at TBs 30 yd line they get the ball at there 20 yd line only a 50 yd swing less then 3 minutes apart ........again a score ices the game ...

The last one I actually cant find a record of but it came across when watching the game on sportsline and seemed accurate at the time. It was the last drive for TB when they scored could swear that Garcia was sacked and a penalty negatated it but again cant find it .......

Denver didnt play well and they probably should have ran it on 3rd and 2 in the 4th q with less then 8 to play but they didnt ....

So not sure if this sloppiness is something that plagues Denver as it certainly has plgued there offense for 3 weeks but it wasnt really because of penalties which were the killer today . Even playing a so-so game Den should have rolled TB IMO .......

Really the 2 games that shocked me were the Bears thumping Det and NYG thumping Seattle. The Hawks looked terrible and NY made every play it needed to repeatedly . Have no idea what the Lions deal is they looked good defensively for awhile but maybe fatigued late 2nd Q and from then on get waxed cause there offense just is out of sync.

The night game despite the Pitt trashing by me in recent weeks I could no resits +6 and +200 on the ML. Sure the Steelers had injuries but so did in the Jags OL and secondary . Just dont understand where they came up with the spread to be honest . There is no way I thought Jax was better then Pitt and especially if you take away the Jags ground game which Pitt can because thats what it does . Jax couldnt run on Houston and relied on Garrard to win . They won @ Indy because thats exactly what Indy cant do ...Stop the run ! The Bills and Titans team who can play the run beat them....so something to look for with Jags you have to be scared when they face solid good pass defenses and good pass offenses ...Today we saw vintage Big Ben and he made some sick plays especially the lob on the last drive . Outside of the terribel pick 6 to start he didnt do much wrong and Melwede Moore showed he is a capable RB. Those 3 penalties in the 4th quarter all looked like BS to me. Of all them the 1st one on the hit on Matt Jones had some credibility . Thought Madden was smoking some crazy j's in the booth complaining about that . He steamrolled him but by a 1/2 step at most IMO. The one on Garrard was joke to give teh 1st down and the unsportsmanlike I think Washington is a fool but does every WR get that penalty in that situation ?/ DOubt it .....

Think we saw how bad the COlts defense is today . Not much to say on that one basically what I expected . Indy had a sick comeback and the offense looked great early and late but nothing in bewteen . Rosenfals who hadnt played all year stepped in with great quarters but 3 turnovers by him late killed them. Texans had more yards and 1st downs by a clear amount and still lost ....difference bewteen star and role players in this one ...stars make things happen and role players need help to make things happen.....

The Eagles are overrated and maybe Dallas is as well but hard to say when they had Cincy down 17-0 seemed like they went flat and Cincy slowly gathered momentum . Thats what decided the game after all momentum....Perry fumbles and next play TO goes 50+yds for a TD ....Cincy is playing some decent football but doing at Dallas and NYG are not the best places to.....hopefully they get some inferior opponents soon without hefty prices .....Wash is showing they are for real as teh Eagle defense has been tough at home but Skins did move the ball well ...and suprised how well Wash defense played with the absences Washington , Springs and Taylor still ......

GB was in a tough spot but we can see how these injuries have destroyed a once solid defense . Rogers came back and played very well ...the penalty that took a FG off the board hurt in alot of ways beside the obvious.....dont overlook ATL scoring 10 pts on 44 4th q yards ....

Tenny same ole story they tend to not beat themselves and hang around games usually stealing wins . They got help from another questionable penalty on the last drive ...the offense played better in teh 2nd H but Balt clearly outplayed in the 1st H but again key missed FG before the half killed them even if just a 3 pt lead to have a lead was terrible . It was something like 160 yds to 65 in favor Tenny but 3-3 .... Balts failure all game was clear and it was not picking up big 3rd downs or being to conservative on those downs (accepting to punt and play defense) .. they gained 35 , 37 and 41 yds on drives where they punted ...so really again costly penalties and way to conservative play calling killed Balt ..2 penalties on the TD drive and after 2 completions then a run for no gain why run on 2nd 10 from Tenny 36 in the middle of the 4th quarter ???Which they lost a yard and wound up punting despite being 1st and 10 at the Tenny 36 .....up 10-6

Sd and Miami the most suprising thing for me is the Phins defense the past 2 games . They kee making big plays holding SD when it had the ball on the Miam1 and get the TOD . Couple key sacks .....great game for me only wish I had played it more earlier in the week as bougght it +7.5 and had some ML plus the udner I added last minute........the scary part is look at the drive charts and you will see ho much Miami actually dominated this game ...think 23 1st downs to 10.....1st H Miami scored 3 of 4 possessions but impressively drove the length of the field each time and in the 2nd H a missed FG almsot cost them the game but they had 3 drives of at least 60 yds but actually no points from them.....nearly 2 to 1 edge in yds 390 to 202 , Chambers injury hurt as we dont know what Gates and LT will look like game to game .......

KC @ Car - Little suprising . I only played a small amount of Panthers 1st H . KC is a bad team the question last week was are the bad enough to be 9 or 10 pt dogs at home to a divisional rival at home ? Clearly not but they will struggle to be competitive on the road. I cant make much of this on KC's side because Car did play well and KC doesnt have much of an offense even vs Denver field position playe a huge role . Carolina made some big plays on offense and just didnt allow the KC offense to do much which wore down a marginal defense to begin with ....step in the right direction for Carolina iMO . Think KC TOP was 21 minutes

Buffalo @ Zona - have to say Cards offense impressed me even with a few injuries for Buffalo they made 3rd down after 3rd down and scored nearly every possession....the crazy part is though is cards didnt rack up alot yds only 350ish and got some great field position for the last 10 points they scored....Cards a team who can beat other medicore teams because of there offense sort of another version of the Saints IMO...minus the RB playmaker......tough spot for Buffalo we knew they werent very good or as good as they had been needing to steal one at STL last week....Edwards went down early and to there credit the hung around for awhile ....

NE again what I expected as had them game and 2nd H . There defense played pretty well as SF was aided on the 14 early points by field position . Cassel did some good things but the OL played better especially in the ground game. Like I said NE needs a running game to help Cassel and they had one and controlled the game IMO after the 1st quarter . Also Cassel hit Moss deep which was good to see knew he could but seeing is believing ......SF is banged up and the kid O'Sullivan can play some but he had Frank Gore and the aging ISaac Bruce as his lone playmakers ....so he needs help ......and there secondary is banged up .....

Thats my take on week 5 obviously the teams who shined were NYG , Chi , Wash and even Car surpassing expectations......

add what you saw or think ....:cheers:

Last drive of the half were they settled for a FG RB Andre Hall had 2 HUGE costly penalties ....

The AFC South licks balls this season.

Tennessee will end up with (injuries excepted) a very nice looking record, but will be a prime candidate for a "shock" p.s. exit.

without putting any thought into it for now. simple.

KC is still the best road fade in the NFL.

I learned the Ravens won't go far in the playoffs w/o help from their offense. You gotta feel for Ray Lewis, Ed Reed, and the rest of the defense. With an average offense, they'd be the favorite.

Also I never thought I'd say this but I think Eli is now better then his brother Peyton.

redir

I didnt watch hardly anything today other then the 2H of the Cowboys/Cinci and the Steelers.

- My thoughts on the Cowboys are they have a terrible secondary, if anyone outside of Dallas thinks they can win the SB pass that blunt
- My thoughts on the Steelers/Jags game is that it was the WORST officiated game ive seen in a while. Ive seen some shit but this one blew my mind.

- The taunting foul on James I guess his name was, he must have said some crazy shit, but I dont think you make that call! EVER! Harrison was being held ALL game. The Steelers were holding ALL game. Willie Colon was holding like a mother fucker when Moore ran that 30 some yard rush at the end of the game. The Nate Washington personal foul was, unbelievable. He shows the ball to the Jax sideline, doesnt say a word and gets a flag? That could have cost us the fucking game. Someone does that shit in every game, that is fucking ridiculous. The Harrison flag was also ridiculous, please tell me how Harrison could have stopped himself? Harrison hit Gerrard a split second after he threw the ball! The Clark personal foul was iffy, I could see that going both ways, but Madden made it seem like Clark just ran in 10 seconds later and drilled him to the moon. Clark was in the zone or whatever and thought maybe Matt jones made the catch, it wasnt that terrible, but like I said, could have gone both ways.

Sportsnut - It looks like Arians/Tomlin finally made the adjustments, or the Jax d-line is just garbage. There were 4 or 5 screen passes we threw. Ben threw a lot of quick passes and he had a great game. The thing that bothered me was the timeout Ben called before the half with 54 seconds to go. Didnt make any sense to me, other then that it was a well coached game. Our defense is still on the money. Im gonna say it every week, WOODLEY. He is simply great and he is the best unknown player in the NFL. If he doesnt make the Pro Bowl call the FBI. Dick called a perfect game also, we didnt blitz that much but it made sense because Gerrard always beats us with the run. All in all a good game for the boys.

I learned the Ravens won't go far in the playoffs w/o help from their offense. You gotta feel for Ray Lewis, Ed Reed, and the rest of the defense. With an average offense, they'd be the favorite.

Also I never thought I'd say this but I think Eli is now better then his brother Peyton.

I think that the Ravens are still a good team and I dont feel for Ray Lewis or the defense at all. Tennessee has a very good defense and it is very underrated. I think The ravens have a winning record but the Steelers have the division. A run at the wildcard is in there grasp IMO which I think is amazing because few people would have said that before the season.

OKAY Nut we have learned this this week--

Pitts is pretty much money in the bank as a DOG on prime time games.
BIG BEN is impossible to sack and basically wins because he completes a few passes while in the grasp- If the rule was changed to call him in the grasp earlier they lose tonight- Pitt is always close due to a D that can get off the field and shut the run down. The only way to beat PItts is to spread them out and throw on them-

Eagles do suck because they have MCNABB-- he is so garbage- he will never beat Giants, or washington or even Dallas because those teams are way too fast on Defense. MCNABB refuses to run anymore even if he has an open field to run. Also he is Mr. CHOKER in teh 4th qtrs, so I have little faith in him to win in any close game.
Throw in MR, CHOKER with MR. RETARD ANDY REID and that is a bad combination that misses the playoffs and cannot beat any of the teams in their division-

Jags still have issues vs the pass, they are the easiest team to complete passes downfield- besides Mathis they have no good Db's and their linebackers also suck very badly. JAGS can do as well as their run works, but are a decent team.

Dallas is very overrated, I think both Washington and Giants are better than them. Santana MOss owns dallas, they have no chance at stopping him. ROMO is regressing without a great running game. TO can be covered easily, just keep him from the deep crossing route.

Washington loooked impressive again, no one can figure out ZORN, Washington has major weapons on Offense, they have Cooley a solid tight end, easily the best wide receiver in the game Santana MOSS as ZORN is desinging plays for him. POrtis is great also.

Giants are for real, their D is good enough to beat most of the league easily, as they can pressure and blitz and the NFL is watered down with shitty QB''s and crap offenses-

Detroit sucks, they may lose all 16 games, KC also sucks, but will win some at home.

Bears are not too bad, they have a chance to win some games this year-

Atlanta is an overall decent team even with RYAN.

baltimore is crap-- all this talk about them is ridicuoousl, FLACO will lose some games, today he lost the game, he is a rookie, although he is good, he tries to do too much, but he is pretty smart- baltimore is improving but is a 7 and 9 team-

tennessee is pretty good, but with Kerry Collins and their pass D is really bad at times, Cortlin Finnigan is way too small to be playing in the NFL, i dont know any 5'7 db's that are effective anymore-

Cincy offense looks better and their D is really trying and tackling well. Carson Palmer has NO TOUCH AT ALL ON HIS THROWS. He has NO ability to complete passes as he scrambles or improvises-

Seatttle sucks, wonder if they tuned out Holmgren as their teams nucleus may be done, may be time to rebuild as they have some older players

Zona is always decent at home and shit on road-

Bills are okay-- they will win at home--

San diego Offense is not good- Rivers looks like he has no arm and he is shot putting the ball- Something is wrong with Sandiego--

I love Miami, doing this stuff with ron brown is so smart, why not, it works, trick plays in the nFl seem to work all the time-- Randel El had a anice throw for a td today-

Miami D is for real also apparently--

new england is diong well with Cassell, he is completing a lot of short passes and looks to be improving although he was plaing 49'ers--

49'ers are so so so so dumb, they are down 6 pats have the ball at the 49'ers 45, 3rd and 20, they allow a pass to the 40 and gaffeny runs it to the 30 and they kick the 3 and are up by 9? They gave up the completion so the Pats could ice the game and win by 9? instead of knowing that the pats were trying to get the field goal-

Pitts is pretty much money in the bank as a DOG on prime time games.
BIG BEN is impossible to sack and basically wins because he completes a few passes while in the grasp- If the rule was changed to call him in the grasp earlier they lose tonight- Pitt is always close due to a D that can get off the field and shut the run down. The only way to beat PItts is to spread them out and throw on them-

So how is he the most sacked QB in the league?

Nut I would say that the Bills are overrated.I think come the 2nd half of the season we should get some nice spreads for fading them.

Now let me tell you about 2 out of 3 bets I lost today.They were in the Indy game.I won Texans +4.5 and lost the under for the game and 2nd half under. I swear Sage garbageman single handedly gave this game away.He cost this team the win.Then his last pick really pissed me off.There was not a Texan in sight.It was almost like he had the fucking colts in this one.17 points in 10 plays in the NFL. If you allow that you are out of your realm.Sorry Texan fans but that is a garbage team.If Sage lived next door to me I would take a shit on his doorstep. I was so pissed.There is one thing losing a bet but that was just horrible.So I am sure the Texans are already figuring what they will do with a top 5 pick in the draft.

Steelers looked good.I said before the season that I liked the Jags to win the AFC.Well I think that AFC Championship rolls through Pitt as of now.They keep finding ways to win and thats what a championship team does.

I picked up New England's defense for fantasy and was suprised they didn't get to the qb more. Only 1 sack was not what I expected. However, they got more interceptions than I thought. So pressure was there maybe. Didn't watch game so dunno.

Detroit is a mess. Roy Williams is the biggest cry baby in all of professional sports.

Dolphins may win their division. Their ml was very good to me.

Sage Rosenfels has no idea of game/clock/situation. However, the Houston OC put him in terrible spots in the 4th quarter.

So how is he the most sacked QB in the league?

most of the sacks came vs Eagles 8 of them---- They have some O line issues---

ALso they dont have a #1 tall receiver which BEN wanted, they have a possession receiver in HINES, and Washington and holmes who are average at best--

Big BEN throws on the move, his receivers get little to no separation. This is why BEN is always scrambling----

Big BEN is the hardest QB in history to tackle, it took 4 jags to try and take him down and he just pulled and tugged and would not go down-

big BEN is also the strongest QB, but I guess when you are bigger and stronger than teh D line attacking you, he can take those hits--

They should use Big BEN in late game situations as a pass rush specialist as he could blast right through any O line and pummel the QB, this guy is just too strong.

2 Dark Horse teams that may reach teh superbowl in the NFC are Carolina ans washington--

ALso betting on carolina and washington will do you wallet very good, they are not popular teams with no star names, they will be dogs everywehre they go--

JOHNY FOX has carolina playing well, Deangelo wiliams had a career day today and JOhn FOX has the D playing well---

ZORN is a genius, he is not predictable like GIBBS was, all GIBBS did was run run run, ZORN is attacking teams with COoley, randle Eid- and with MOSS who runs the best routes and is the fastest receiver at least quickest in the nFL with great hands--

if i remember correctly when Sage the RAGE starts he seems to be in major shootouts with teams-- wasnt he the guy who came back and scored 4 td's in a major comeback in the 4th qtr last year

Sage Rosenfels has no idea of game/clock/situation. However, the Houston OC put him in terrible spots in the 4th quarter.

Brewer I don't disagree but in a way I do. When he fumbled the ball after his helicopter ride around Reliant the OC didn't make him do that he did. All he had to do was slide or dive.Instead he did a jump in the air dive which made him look like a chopper. That was dumb. He seen 3 defenders coming down on that ass hard and decided to do his acrobat move.I know he was trying to make a play but geez.He almost got snake bitten when he reached over the pile on a 3rd and 1 on the 2.That LB almost stripped that ball. It wasn't like he was trying for the TD .It was just a 1st down. I knew when I saw this that this motherfucker wasn't smart at all. I can understand it for a TD but it was a 1st down.What I am trying to say is all the stupid things he done throughout the game that he got away with caught up with his ass.

Also learned that Sandiego plays with no emotion and even with Cromartie they are pretty weak vs the pass also and no pass ruth without Merriweather out for the season---

WEST COAST TEAMS CANNOT PLAY AN EARLY START GAME IN AN EAST COAST TEAM- SEATTLE WAS THE LATEST VICTIM

The play calling was brutal. They put him in terrible spots where he cant execute at his best. I don't want my backup qb on short notice running with the ball trying to pick up firsts. I run the ball like i have all game with Slaton or screen em with Slaton.

Just look at this mess. Were leading 27-17 going into this...

<TABLE cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=2 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR class=bg2 id=away vAlign=center align=right height=17><TD class=away align=left colSpan=2>Indianapolis Colts at 04:04</TD></TR><TR class=bg2 id=kick vAlign=center align=right height=17><TD class=bg3 align=left colSpan=2>A.Vinatieri kicks onside 11 yards from IND 30 to IND 41. D.Anderson (didn't try to advance) to IND 41 for no gain (J.Silva).</TD></TR><TR class=bg2 id=home vAlign=center align=right height=17><TD class=home align=left colSpan=2>Houston Texans at 04:03</TD></TR><TR class=bg2 id=play vAlign=center align=right height=17><TD class=bg3 align=left>1-10-IND41</TD><TD class=bg3 align=left>(4:03) A.Green right tackle to IND 40 for 1 yard (J.Thomas).</TD></TR><TR class=bg2 id=play vAlign=center align=right height=17><TD class=bg3 align=left>2-9-IND40</TD><TD class=bg3 align=left>(3:59) A.Green right tackle to IND 39 for 1 yard (J.Thomas, K.Dawson).</TD></TR><TR class=bg2 id=play vAlign=center align=right height=17><TD class=bg3 align=left>3-8-IND39</TD><TD class=bg3 align=left>(3:54) S.Rosenfels left end to IND 32 for 7 yards (R.Brock, M.Jackson). FUMBLES (R.Brock), RECOVERED by IND-G.Brackett at IND 32. G.Brackett for 68 yards, TOUCHDOWN.</TD></TR><TR class=bg2 id=away vAlign=center align=right height=17><TD class=away align=left colSpan=2>Indianapolis Colts at 03:36</TD></TR><TR class=bg2 id=kick vAlign=center align=right height=17><TD class=bg3 align=left colSpan=2>A.Vinatieri extra point is GOOD, Center-J.Snow, Holder-H.Smith.</TD></TR><TR class=bg2 id=drive vAlign=center align=right height=17><TD align=left colSpan=2>IND 24 HOU 27</TD></TR><TR class=bg2 id=kick vAlign=center align=right height=17><TD class=bg3 align=left colSpan=2></TD></TR><TR class=bg2 id=away vAlign=center align=right height=17><TD class=away align=left colSpan=2>Indianapolis Colts at 03:36</TD></TR><TR class=bg2 id=kick vAlign=center align=right height=17><TD class=bg3 align=left colSpan=2>A.Vinatieri kicks 70 yards from IND 30 to end zone, Touchback.</TD></TR><TR class=bg2 id=home vAlign=center align=right height=17><TD class=home align=left colSpan=2>Houston Texans at 03:36</TD></TR><TR class=bg2 id=play vAlign=center align=right height=17><TD class=bg3 align=left>1-10-HOU20</TD><TD class=bg3 align=left>(3:36) S.Slaton left guard to HST 21 for 1 yard (M.Jackson, M.Bullitt).</TD></TR><TR class=bg2 id=play vAlign=center align=right height=17><TD class=bg3 align=left>2-9-HOU21</TD><TD class=bg3 align=left>(2:54) S.Rosenfels pass incomplete short left to S.Slaton.</TD></TR><TR class=bg2 id=play vAlign=center align=right height=17><TD class=bg3 align=left>3-9-HOU21</TD><TD class=bg3 align=left>(2:50) (Shotgun) S.Rosenfels sacked at HST 19 for -2 yards (R.Mathis). FUMBLES (R.Mathis), RECOVERED by IND-R.Mathis at HST 20. R.Mathis to HST 20 for no gain (C.Myers).</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

most of the sacks came vs Eagles 8 of them---- They have some O line issues---

ALso they dont have a #1 tall receiver which BEN wanted, they have a possession receiver in HINES, and Washington and holmes who are average at best--

Big BEN throws on the move, his receivers get little to no separation. This is why BEN is always scrambling----

Big BEN is the hardest QB in history to tackle, it took 4 jags to try and take him down and he just pulled and tugged and would not go down-

big BEN is also the strongest QB, but I guess when you are bigger and stronger than teh D line attacking you, he can take those hits--

They should use Big BEN in late game situations as a pass rush specialist as he could blast right through any O line and pummel the QB, this guy is just too strong.

So your saying that Big Ben is impossible to sack for everybody OTHER then the Eagles? What about last year, when he been sacked the most in the league, are we not counting then

Are you saying that Hines Ward, the all time leading reception leader in Steelers history is a bad WR, and Santonio Holmes who averages the most yards per catch in the NFL is a bad WR also?

Are you saying that Big Ben, a 250 LB is bigger then Henderson who is at least 350 LB (he shook him off)

Are you saying that we should risk the franchise QB and put him on D-line and play him for 3/4 of the game?

Sounds good. Cromartie

They take out their horse for Ahman? He gains 1 yard on 1st. 1 yard on 2nd.

Instead of running it again on 3rd and 8 to keep clock moving or bringing in Steve to throw him a pass out of backfield they run their qb.

Indy fumble recovery for 6.

Next series. Now they realize oh shit we have to get steve back in there to preserve the win. They run him good. Then on 2nd and 9 they line him up as the "X" wide receiver to the left of center and have him run a slant pattern against a DB? Why not have him come out of the backfield where he would be on a backer, de or safety? That stops clock. On 3rd and 9 they decide to pass again. dumb. Indy sends the house. bye bye win.

Cap its all relative . You cant discount that KC went from being +10 at home last week to Denver to being +10 away @ Carolina . While +10 looks big for Carolina look at the spread @ NE as well . Dont see much of a difference in pverall team strength bewteen NE , Denver and Carolina yet the spreads were remarkably different in all weeks...+10 at home is like +17 away wile +10 away is like +3 at home .....is Denver a TD better then Carolina on a neutral field .....

Cogenman - I think its a more of the coaching staffs fault today then anything and that personal foul looked like BS. That gets called on 3rd and 10 against the home team ?? Ravens outplayed the Titans pretty clearly IMO not to say they are better but if the world was fair then Balt wins today . Both teams are what they are but Jeff Fisher and Co are doing it the right way w/o mistakes . Collisn did have 2 picks early but they werent very costly. Just a failure IMO on Balt staff to go for the kill when they had 1st and 10 atthe Tenny 36 and decided to play it safe and would up punting . Flacco is raw but one thing I would guess is when you need for him to make plays he cant yet ....as in run a 2 minute drill in the 4th quarter ....

AG- There was alot of holds going on hard to miss the one on Moore run . James if I recall kinda got up talking shit and I am sure he was throwing a few choice words around . For some reason I know he was getting it there doesnt mean its right but seemed like it was coming . The Pitt penalties as I said thought they were terrible . I dont understand how Jones was defenseless and how the safety was supposed to not hit him hard there . He got there a hair late . Again knowing the game situation I cant see that being called . I had Pitt 2nd H though as well so I could be misguided ...the one on Garrard was terrible and when the booth knows its pretty obvious ....

As far as game plan. I thought it was a great matchup for Pitt because your right the Jags pass rush does suck think they had 4 sacks coming in and really not much pressure until the 2nd H more 4thq when Pitt had the OL in the lockerroom with cramps . So a weak OL gets a weak pass rush certainly weaker then Balt and Philly plus its has a banged up secondary which Jags get credit for the adjustments as it was almost to easy in the 1st H. While Pitt made some adjustments I think the big difference was just making things happen . There were so many plays Big Ben made that were timely as in shaking of a defender and hitting a pass play . Cause I still feel Pitt lacks dynamics playmakers a reason why I took the 2ndH und thinking neither team could get big plays on offense more grinding drives.

Step in the right direction though Ben already hurting took a beating . Might be time to fade him soon but think they have BYE now . Defense continues to play well and is excellent when it pressures the QB ....

On Dallas figure Newman and Williams are out so in there defense they were shorthanded and the 2nd H was the complete opposite of the 1st H as Cincy didnt look remotely in sync in the 1st H . They had the ball at the DAL 28 and couldnt score a TD late 2nd Q....

Nalwins ...that ending was terrible as was most of the 4th quarter. TExans are bad team who should be good . They continually lose games because of execution ..Colts are basically a bad team as well but give them a second chance and they execute see Minnesota and today and almost Jax as well..

I agree Bills arent that good and that is most of the NFL . Most teams are medicore ...Bills will be tough at home and scare some road teams but they have lived a charmed life till today ....its gonna be hard to simply focus on fade tems I think because consistency is not there week to week .....SD looked like 3 totaly different teams the past 3 weeks ....everyone has flaws and sadly the Giants again look like the best team .....

:shake: good stuff

So your saying that Big Ben is impossible to sack for everybody OTHER then the Eagles? What about last year, when he been sacked the most in the league, are we not counting then

Are you saying that Hines Ward, the all time leading reception leader in Steelers history is a bad WR, and Santonio Holmes who averages the most yards per catch in the NFL is a bad WR also?

Are you saying that Big Ben, a 250 LB is bigger then Henderson who is at least 350 LB (he shook him off)

Are you saying that we should risk the franchise QB and put him on D-line and play him for 3/4 of the game?

Sounds good. Cromartie

Learn your football son before you make uneducated comments--

BIG BEN is impossible to sack, the JAGS are one of the most physical teams, they had him in their grasp, one time by the knees, and he is too strong, give him credit most other QB's go down, and he won the game with those 2 throws--

The game vs the eagles was a let down game, the O line was hurtin badly and the eagles send exotic blitzes all game and wore down the O line, resulting in PITTS receivers getting no separation leading to 8 sacks-

Where did I say WARD was a bad receiver? He is a possession receiver with limited speed-- EVEN big BEN was crying for a bigger #1 receiver.

SanAntonio holmes is average-- He blew that first INT , that was an easy catch, he wasnt even looking for the ball, that will cost them games and almost did today-

BIg BEN is 250 pounds but has ridiculous strength, you can see it, the D lineman bounce off him, they dont move him, he moves them, it is simple he is just too thick, Henderson has no chance to take BIg BEN down, he would just throw Henderson right by him as he did all game tonight.

Pretty much agree Sammy ...maybe not as strongly on some but in a round about way.....

If Big Ben is squared up and you dont wrap up his feet he is tough sack alone but he is very sack prone .....McNabb is overrated in the sense you kinda feeling TO was right about him that killer instinct isnt there sort of the Javy Vazquez of the NFL..cant complain about him but when you need a spark he cant deliver it ....

I kinda think Balt and Tenny are the same versions of eachother one with a veteran QB and the other a small school RB . really both teams remind of the Bears when Orton started the 1sttime around which isnt he proving people wrong /??

Dallas is loaded with talent but in the sense of overall play and execution they are the NY Yankees of the NFL. When they click it looks so ridiculous easily but they arent as clucth as they should be to often sucking in the red zone when they have so many weapons ....not ready to say Wash or NY is better but today they robably are will they be in Dec-Jan and feb?

Bad teams allowing terrible play slike the one SF did is really unspeakable for a team.....any team .....:shake:

I picked up New England's defense for fantasy and was suprised they didn't get to the qb more. Only 1 sack was not what I expected. However, they got more interceptions than I thought. So pressure was there maybe. Didn't watch game so dunno.

Detroit is a mess. Roy Williams is the biggest cry baby in all of professional sports.

Dolphins may win their division. Their ml was very good to me.

O' Sullivan seems like a very effective scrambler so not sure how much pressure NE got but would imagine being 14 for 29 for 130 yds time wasnt there. Also while Cassel played well he again was sacked 5 teams so teams are continuing to come after happen....sack rate is crazy .....teams are keep blitzing till they see the OL can handle it and he can read it ....

Instead of running it again on 3rd and 8 to keep clock moving or bringing in Steve to throw him a pass out of backfield they run their qb.

Next series. Now they realize oh shit we have to get steve back in there to preserve the win. They run him good. Then on 2nd and 9 they line him up as the "X" wide receiver to the left of center and have him run a slant pattern against a DB? Why not have him come out of the backfield where he would be on a backer, de or safety? That stops clock. On 3rd and 9 they decide to pass again. dumb. Indy sends the house. bye bye win.

Brewer I know.It was painful.I couldn't grasp the concept on putting Ahman in when Slaton has been tearing ass up since he got the nod. I agree with Nut that most teams in the NFL are mediocre. How many late 4th q comebacks have we seen the past 2 weeks. Texan game,Oakland game,and I think 1 more.Its not like a team was down 4 and loss.These teams were holding big leads LATE in the 4th and lost.Just sick. Its hard capping sides and totals this year.

Learn your football son before you make uneducated comments--

BIG BEN is impossible to sack, the JAGS are one of the most physical teams, they had him in their grasp, one time by the knees, and he is too strong, give him credit most other QB's go down, and he won the game with those 2 throws--

The game vs the eagles was a let down game, the O line was hurtin badly and the eagles send exotic blitzes all game and wore down the O line, resulting in PITTS receivers getting no separation leading to 8 sacks-

Where did I say WARD was a bad receiver? He is a possession receiver with limited speed-- EVEN big BEN was crying for a bigger #1 receiver.

SanAntonio holmes is average-- He blew that first INT , that was an easy catch, he wasnt even looking for the ball, that will cost them games and almost did today-

BIg BEN is 250 pounds but has ridiculous strength, you can see it, the D lineman bounce off him, they dont move him, he moves them, it is simple he is just too thick, Henderson has no chance to take BIg BEN down, he would just throw Henderson right by him as he did all game tonight.

Learn my football? lol. Jags have one of the worst pass rushes in the league this year and they had as many sacks in this game as they had all year. They lost Stroud buddy, take out Henderson and that D-line is the worst line in the whole league or one of them, take out Mathis also and that whole defense is garbage.

The eagles was a let down game and the O-line was injured LMAO!!! Actually the whole O-line was as healthy as they are getting this season. What do you call the O-line tonight since we were missing 2 starters, crippled to the point of no return?

No seperation receivers are bad WR's. If the WR's get no seperation how did Hines Ward seperate from Mathis to get a game winning TD. How did Nate Washington burn James for a 40 yard TD, and how did Holmes absouletly smoke Mathis for 20 yards.

In the press conference tonight Big Ben said that on the Int it was his fault because Holmes was supposed to go to the inside as he was doing and he put it the outside thinking it was a fade route, and he confirmed, it was not a fade route and he was wrong.

Maybe you should learn your football because you just said that a QB should be put on defense also.

Brewer I don't disagree but in a way I do. When he fumbled the ball after his helicopter ride around Reliant the OC didn't make him do that he did. All he had to do was slide or dive.Instead he did a jump in the air dive which made him look like a chopper. That was dumb. He seen 3 defenders coming down on that ass hard and decided to do his acrobat move.I know he was trying to make a play but geez.He almost got snake bitten when he reached over the pile on a 3rd and 1 on the 2.That LB almost stripped that ball. It wasn't like he was trying for the TD .It was just a 1st down. I knew when I saw this that this motherfucker wasn't smart at all. I can understand it for a TD but it was a 1st down.What I am trying to say is all the stupid things he done throughout the game that he got away with caught up with his ass.

Your both right but thats why he is Sage Rosenfals the guy who is fighting to start in the NFL and not the guy starting in the NFL. The 1st 3 quarters he played well but when things start to fall apart he doesnt know how to stop it . Basically the reason why he played as well as he did today but still LOST is why he doesnt start in the NFL . HE doesnt make your team better at the end of the day despite being able to move an offense consistently when he gets playing time.....

Definetly put on the coaches . Looks like Indy was using there timouts after the 1st 2 runs so why throw on 3rd ? Assume Sage dropped back to pass then took off so your inviting error IMO . You can run it and maybe you get stuffed and dont get anything . You can go for it on 4th down if you like , you can punt or try a long FG . While 55 yd FG arent the wisest things its not the worst thing either indoors as Brown has hit from there and who knows could have been less .....they had so many options and passing should have been the last one ...they run and Indy calls a TO guessing it would have been there 3rd and the meltdown never happens because indy needed qucik scores .....

Definetly have to call out the coaches here ...

I believe the most sure handed receiver is Larry Fitzgerald, he is nuts--

Gurv i will agree that receivers who cannot separate will not last long in the NFL-

However Ward did not beat mathis on that Td- he beat Williams and it was a fade on press coverage, an amazing throw and catch, that is just brilliant-- but he ran all of about 5 yards on that-

Washington's td's was most likely on a zone busted coverage----

When I said Pitts receivers cannot separate I will explain--

Guys that can separate-- Steve Smith---
Wes Welker
Bradon Marshall
Santana Moss
To-Moss deep separation-
Coles-
Lee Evans-

I dont think PItts can separate like that-- If I am playing pitts, I play press bump and run coverage and blitz BIG BEN all game- kind of like eagles did, you cannot give their receivers room--

Hines is the intermediate receiver he can separate up to 15 yards-

Holmes is the deep threat but he is not that fast--

Your both right but thats why he is Sage Rosenfals the guy who is fighting to start in the NFL and not the guy starting in the NFL. The 1st 3 quarters he played well but when things start to fall apart he doesnt know how to stop it . Basically the reason why he played as well as he did today but still LOST is why he doesnt start in the NFL . HE doesnt make your team better at the end of the day despite being able to move an offense consistently when he gets playing time.....

True Dat SportsNut.A starting QB in the NFL knows how to keep a lead. The QB and Coaches completly blew it.Once again...Just sick.

Hines Ward is the man. All that guy does is make plays. Catches touchdowns. Who gives a shit about his height if he's still getting it done. Oh yeah, he also blocks downfield. Yeah he's not the fastest guy bud i'd take him over most recievers in the game.

I believe the most sure handed receiver is Larry Fitzgerald, he is nuts--

Gurv i will agree that receivers who cannot separate will not last long in the NFL-

However Ward did not beat mathis on that Td- he beat Williams and it was a fade on press coverage, an amazing throw and catch, that is just brilliant-- but he ran all of about 5 yards on that-

Washington's td's was most likely on a zone busted coverage----

When I said Pitts receivers cannot separate I will explain--

Guys that can separate-- Steve Smith---
Wes Welker
Bradon Marshall
Santana Moss
To-Moss deep separation-
Coles-
Lee Evans-

I dont think PItts can separate like that-- If I am playing pitts, I play press bump and run coverage and blitz BIG BEN all game- kind of like eagles did, you cannot give their receivers room--

Hines is the intermediate receiver he can separate up to 15 yards-

Holmes is the deep threat but he is not that fast--

You might be right about Hines and Williams I wasnt sure, but youre wrong about everything else. Washington wasnt busted coverage, he completed faked out James and left him 30 yards back, it was man to man and they showed the replay of it and Washington shook the fuck out of him.

Holmes isnt that fast? He is the second fastest player on the team, once again, as you say, learn football.

How can you play coverage and blitz at the same time? If you blitz dont you leave the WR man to man for the most part?

At least the Offense moved the ball better with Sage. I'd take my chances with him instead of Shaub. I think the mistakes Sage made late yesterday are easily correctable and the team seemed to respond better during the game.

At least the Offense moved the ball better with Sage. I'd take my chances with him instead of Shaub. I think the mistakes Sage made late yesterday are easily correctable and the team seemed to respond better during the game.

If Schaub had been in for that 4th quarter yesterday the Texans win. That was a pathetic showing at QB by Sage. No excuses he flat out sucked & it cost his team a win and does not deserve to be starting in the nfl. I still cannot get over the last 4 mins of that game........

What I learned is that Im past the point of no return with Coach Fat Ass

Andy Reid needs to go. When youre getting severely outcoached by Jim Zorn in his 5th career game, it might be time to reevaluate things. His playcalling in the red zone is nothing short of atrocious. The players had zero fire yesterday and thats on the Fat One. Fuck this getting rid of the QB stuff...get rid of the damn coach.

Ill take Bill Cowher.

And another thing...his decision to challenge the pass that Randle El made was fucking ridiculous

This dumbass chooses not to review bad calls that are blatantly obvious to everyone and challenges calls that arent even remotely close to being wrong!!!

And one more thing...David Akers is playing for his job against San Fran

If he misses one next week, I think he gets cut in the bye week

Pretty much cost us two games already

The AFC South licks balls this season.

Tennessee will end up with (injuries excepted) a very nice looking record, but will be a prime candidate for a "shock" p.s. exit.

Granted, the AFC South is not as strong as it has been, but it only had down to go, as it has been the best division in football for the past few years.

Titans get no credit from mainstream media imo. This team has what is takes to make a run in the ps, not a "shock" in the ps.

You tell me what is undeserving or misleading [not quoting you] about a great run game, scary defense and veteran QB. To me, those things add up to good chance to play for the AFC title and maybe a Super Bowl ring.

Just saying that 5-0 is 5-0, and the Titans look strong.

Good luck to you.

What I learned is that Im past the point of no return with Coach Fat Ass

Andy Reid needs to go. When youre getting severely outcoached by Jim Zorn in his 5th career game, it might be time to reevaluate things. His playcalling in the red zone is nothing short of atrocious. The players had zero fire yesterday and thats on the Fat One. Fuck this getting rid of the QB stuff...get rid of the damn coach.

Ill take Bill Cowher.

Thank you finally someone agrees. Eagles have a good D and it always gives them chances to win games. I think it is obvious that REID is living off his D coordinators success. He looks like he is asleep on the sidelines, he has no clue what to challenge and what not to challenge.

No wonder eagles loses every close game, his playcalling is a joke, he tries the same stupid plays over and over in the red zone.

No surprise they lost in the Super bowl, this guy has no fire and seems like he does not care.

He challenges plays based on if they are big plays, if they are big plays vs him he challenges them no matter what. If a play is not so big but obvious a mistake he never challenges those plays, because it didnt result in a TD against him.

he blew the Eagles game, Cowboys game, I didnt watch this week, he lost the Super bowl, and is 1-9 in prime time games...

He is overrated, time to can that whole crew that worked with Holmgren in Green bay as most of them are crap garbage coaches----

Another coach who must go is NOLAN on 49'ers---Down 6 late, they allow Pats to complete an easy pass from their 45 to their 30 on 3rd and 20 to get the clinching Fgoal? LeARN where you are on the field NOLAN, a fgoal makes it a 9 point game and its over. I dont know they played some soft ass Defense and let them complete the pass their.

Streakin, if your pinning your hopes on a Kerry Collins super bowl run dont get your hopes up. Doesnt matter how good the running game/defense is. Collins fucks up too much.

Aaron Rogers is a very good QB in this league, the Packers defense is full of injuries and look terrible right now. Not an ounce of pass rush in that team right now

And Green Bay should have a new punter before Sunday. Frost has been total shit so far and looks like the final straw was yesterday.

Granted, the AFC South is not as strong as it has been, but it only had down to go, as it has been the best division in football for the past few years.

Titans get no credit from mainstream media imo. This team has what is takes to make a run in the ps, not a "shock" in the ps.

You tell me what is undeserving or misleading [not quoting you] about a great run game, scary defense and veteran QB. To me, those things add up to good chance to play for the AFC title and maybe a Super Bowl ring.

Just saying that 5-0 is 5-0, and the Titans look strong.

Good luck to you.

I disagree here and in line with BC . I understand we have some tenny fans and I give them credit for doing a great job on putting pressure on there opponent and allowing there oppostion to self destruct .

Any team in the NFL with a good defense can make a playoff run but if your asking Tenny to beat another good team not sure I like there chances .

Great run game ? Not sure what is great about considering there opposition .

Scary defense ? Absolutely a very good defense but wouldnt say they are GREAT in historical terms.

Veteran QB ? I like Collins for all the attributes one gets in a veteran QB but still I think he shows how limited the Titans are in the passing game because of the lack of playmakers in the passing game.

5-0 ? So true 5 wins is 5 wins we cant water that down . To me its about how and why you win . They have played no one IMO ...
Jags in week 1 with what looked to be 2 RBs who were banged up out of camp and less then 100% IMO
Bengals in week 2 guess one could argue this but until the Giants game Bengals were terrible and were pretty bad again w/o Palmer . Could tenny beat the Bengals who played @ NYG and @ Dallas . I dont think so but one cant say that Cincy could duplicate those games either vs Tenny defense....
Texans in week 3 dont think the final was an indication of how this game went . Well documented about the Texans failures in that one and in general . Best game the offense played but also one of the worst NFL defenses. I'll agree Tenny went basic with a comfortable lead on offense but no reason why Texans didnt score at least 24 as that 1st H missed XP loomed large . I will say the most impresive part of that game was teh sequence where Houston had like 6 shots inside the 5 to score and couldnt get into the end zone . Texans though best offense they played and were able to move the ball on Tenny IMO rather successfully .
Vikes in week 4 . Cant lie and say I didnt love the Vikinsg here . As I expected what I feel is a better version of Tenny winning but Minny naturally played its worst game of the year and fell behind quickly . You need to get Tenny looking up and se how they respond . For as poor as Minny played it was still a tight game inm the middle of the 4th quarter . Perfect example of why Tenny is successful is the past 2 weeks they dont beat themselves and dont allow mistakes to be costly . Still probably teh 2nd best offense Tenny faced and while it wasnt easy the Vikings had some success on offense....
week 5 I dont feel biased saying Balt outplayed them and should have won but teh vet QB difference was the difference . Ravens killed by a missed FG at the end of the 1st H which would have made it 6-3 and then scored the opening possession of the 2nd H cant say it would have played that way but 13-3 lead woud have been nice . Just so many failures by Balt and the penalties on the alst drive especially the roughing the passer destroyed Balt . As none of that last drive would have happened without that call because it was 3rd and 10 leaving Tenny to punt .....

So the schedule has been perfect to Tenny so far . They have a very good defense and have played offensively challenged teams . Jax even in week 5 at home needed a pick 6 , a pass inteference at the 1 yd line and another bad penalty to score all of there 21 pts vs a good defense .....How do they beat Wash , NYG or Dallas w/o those team self destructing ?? Even Pitt , Philly , Minny , Carolina ,

Tenny can beat these teams but really still see them an okay team until there wins come against some good competition and in convincing fashion . Even if they beat a good team 21-3 and the 21 comes from the offense that will impress me loads....

I just think Balt and Tenny are the same teams which still see Ravens defense as better and like the Ravens ground game better but the vet vs the rookie QB is the difference ...

Time will tell but if Tenny was 6-4 at the end of week w/o looking at there schedule would one be suprised ??? I just dont see them as a top 10 yet the offense has to make strides and beating bad teams is proving what ...believe there opponents records are 5-17 to date with 2 winless teams in the mix and two with 2 wins ...

:shake:

What I have learned that is everyone looks at a teams record and determined how good they are based on the record----

In reality the records dont mean much at all----

Teams with good records at this point are far from great IMO---

Buffalo and Tennesse have benifited from easy wins---

Tennesee D is so overrated, it is easy to stop rookie Qb's and shitty offenses. Play Tennesee vs Denver, Washington, Giants and see how much they stop teams.

Tennesee is all about Jeff FISHER< he is always competitive with teams because he is a smart coach and rarely makes mistakes.

The TENNY D is very bad vs the pass, with a team with good wideouts watch, as just like last year on monday night where Brandon Marshall abused Cortlin FINNIGAN. It was the diminutive FINNIGAN at only 5'6 that Bullucks wanted to beat up during yesterdays game.

TENNY is a system team that will beat the avg to below avg teams and may even win vs top teams at home, however they will not go far and are overrated as their pass D is on the worst units in the NFL--

NICK HARPER and CORTLIN FINNIGAN as CORNERBACKS are not stopping anyone--

Tonight another case where everyone thinks vikings at 1-3 are a team to stay away cause of 3 losses. They wont go 1-15 I can promise you that so they have a good shot to win tonight IMO

I disagree here and in line with BC . I understand we have some tenny fans and I give them credit for doing a great job on putting pressure on there opponent and allowing there oppostion to self destruct .

Any team in the NFL with a good defense can make a playoff run but if your asking Tenny to beat another good team not sure I like there chances .

Scary defense ? Absolutely a very good defense but wouldnt say they are GREAT in historical terms.

Veteran QB ? I like Collins for all the attributes one gets in a veteran QB but still I think he shows how limited the Titans are in the passing game because of the lack of playmakers in the passing game.

5-0 ? So true 5 wins is 5 wins we cant water that down . To me its about how and why you win . They have played no one IMO ...
Jags in week 1 with what looked to be 2 RBs who were banged up out of camp and less then 100% IMO
Bengals in week 2 guess one could argue this but until the Giants game Bengals were terrible and were pretty bad again w/o Palmer . Could tenny beat the Bengals who played @ NYG and @ Dallas . I dont think so but one cant say that Cincy could duplicate those games either vs Tenny defense....
Texans in week 3 dont think the final was an indication of how this game went . Well documented about the Texans failures in that one and in general . Best game the offense played but also one of the worst NFL defenses. I'll agree Tenny went basic with a comfortable lead on offense but no reason why Texans didnt score at least 24 as that 1st H missed XP loomed large . I will say the most impresive part of that game was teh sequence where Houston had like 6 shots inside the 5 to score and couldnt get into the end zone . Texans though best offense they played and were able to move the ball on Tenny IMO rather successfully .
Vikes in week 4 . Cant lie and say I didnt love the Vikinsg here . As I expected what I feel is a better version of Tenny winning but Minny naturally played its worst game of the year and fell behind quickly . You need to get Tenny looking up and se how they respond . For as poor as Minny played it was still a tight game inm the middle of the 4th quarter . Perfect example of why Tenny is successful is the past 2 weeks they dont beat themselves and dont allow mistakes to be costly . Still probably teh 2nd best offense Tenny faced and while it wasnt easy the Vikings had some success on offense....
week 5 I dont feel biased saying Balt outplayed them and should have won but teh vet QB difference was the difference . Ravens killed by a missed FG at the end of the 1st H which would have made it 6-3 and then scored the opening possession of the 2nd H cant say it would have played that way but 13-3 lead woud have been nice . Just so many failures by Balt and the penalties on the alst drive especially the roughing the passer destroyed Balt . As none of that last drive would have happened without that call because it was 3rd and 10 leaving Tenny to punt .....

So the schedule has been perfect to Tenny so far . They have a very good defense and have played offensively challenged teams . Jax even in week 5 at home needed a pick 6 , a pass inteference at the 1 yd line and another bad penalty to score all of there 21 pts vs a good defense .....How do they beat Wash , NYG or Dallas w/o those team self destructing ?? Even Pitt , Philly , Minny , Carolina ,

Tenny can beat these teams but really still see them an okay team until there wins come against some good competition and in convincing fashion . Even if they beat a good team 21-3 and the 21 comes from the offense that will impress me loads....

I just think Balt and Tenny are the same teams which still see Ravens defense as better and like the Ravens ground game better but the vet vs the rookie QB is the difference ...

Time will tell but if Tenny was 6-4 at the end of week w/o looking at there schedule would one be suprised ??? I just dont see them as a top 10 yet the offense has to make strides and beating bad teams is proving what ...believe there opponents records are 5-17 to date with 2 winless teams in the mix and two with 2 wins ...

Don't forget to add that the shitty call by the ref allowed the Titans to take the lead.If that flag wasn't thrown the Titans would be 4-1.My hats off to the Titans for being undefeated but as of now the team to beat in the AFC will be Pitt. I can't see any team in the AFC to stop Pitt from going to the Super Bowl as of now.

Don't forget to add that the shitty call by the ref allowed the Titans to take the lead.If that flag wasn't thrown the Titans would be 4-1.My hats off to the Titans for being undefeated but as of now the team to beat in the AFC will be Pitt. I can't see any team in the AFC to stop Pitt from going to the Super Bowl as of now.

as much as I would like to agree I dont, there are still a lot of problems, idk who the team to beat is, but the Steelers arent it IMO

as much as I would like to agree I dont, there are still a lot of problems, idk who the team to beat is, but the Steelers arent it IMO

The AFC is scary bad .....when I was looking at the teams its crazy .....

NE lost Tom Brady probably the most valuable player
Indy lost Bob Sanders next to Peyton Manning probably there MVP as well
SD has LT and Gates banged up and battling nagging injuries all season so far and neither seems to be getting better . Throw in losing Merriman and thats your 3 MVP IMO .....

So those 3 teams good on paper took huge steps back IMO.....

Pitt and Denver are probably the 2 best teams outside of the incoming top 3 so far in 2008 . Which doesnt say much because DEN has not played much defense and Pitt has played solid ball but faced some medicore or wrose teams and lacks explosive offensive firepower.....Then you have teams Like tenny , Balt , Jets , Buffalo and even Miami or Jax who can make the playoffs but good teams not really ......

Nut - Thanks for your well-thoughtout response; I often read your stuff and you obviously know your stuff.

It is fairly obvious that I am a fan, and of course the blinds me to some extent, of this I am aware. However, from a capping point of view, I still love the way this team is looking. I hope everyone continues to undervalue them and their ability, and I will continue to profit.

Also, I may have missed it, but I see no place where you mention having the best coach in the NFL - always helps. I am certainly not pinnning my hopes on a Collins SB victory, but it would not shock me.

Say what you will, but Vandy and the Titans are undefeated; wonder what a line would have been on that wager six weeks ago.

Health.:cheers:

Back