So The WTF happened in Week 2 ??

SportsNut

Breaking it down briefly
Now that the dust has settled whats the verdict on Week 2 ? Looking at the games I didnt really pay attention and going back on the ones I did. I really dont see much of anything that is suprising .

In the 1 PM EST starts there were some misleading finishes and outcomes but nothing that suprised me.

Buff @ Jax - Looks like the big play was Garrard throwing a INT right before half with Jags down 10-3 looking to make it 10 up or 10-6 worst case. Really changed the complexion of the game . Jags got the opening kick to start the 2nd H and drove down the field to to tie it even adding two later FGs to go 16-10 . Which stood until late 4thQ when Bills hit a big 3rd down play to Evans for 34 yds that led to an eventually TD and 17-16 late lead.

Buff didnt beat themselves and Jags just struggling on offense ...Drew hasnt received many carries 5 and 7 but hasnt done much with them either .

Thought Jax would win this game but again Buff didnt exactly beat them ...

indy @ Minny : Thought the Vikes defense showed they ae a top defensive unit . Minny outplayed badly for about 3 quarters but just couldnt knock them out and a vet like Peyton Manning cant be given even the slighest crack.....story is the lack of playmakers on Vikes ...its not only Jackson throwing it but outside of AP the offense doesnt scare anyone.....Vikes gotta find a way to score they are the Bears of a few years ago IMO....

Tenny @ Cincy; Another team showed there defense is just very good . The rest of this game was boring . Cincys defense has held up okay but faced weak offenses . Cincy offense just is non existant and the team is a mess....Titans were okay on offense but still work to do....Tenny seized control right before half and Bengals never seemed to recover from that TD.....

Oak @ KC : Sucked it up and took OAK here but wow is KC bad and they got much worse . Croyle is out and Huard suffered head trauma playing basically a quarter leaving Thigpen to finish.....the KC defense lost a couple players and I just dont see any bright spots for this team..amazing what the offense was a few years ago and is now ...Its pretty obvious that OAK has some huge potential at RB but Fargas was hurt in the 1st H and didnt return but McFadden and Bush got there game on in the 2nd h...yikes OAK went for 300 on the ground...LJ had 12 carries and 22 yards !Russell was a whole 6-17 and completed 1 pass to a WR for 11 yds of his 55 yds on the day.............

Chi @ Car - The bears DEF showed its back in top form and that we might have expect these efforts every week. Again no suprise vs a solid defense it did very little on offense scoring 1 of its 2 TDs on a blocked punt . Neither team had 300 oyds of offense and CAR barely broke 200 . Problem was after the DEF TD the BEars did move the bal on consecutive drives but had just mre pts to show for it and did little else after that . Carolina hung around and Jonathan Stewart staked claim to the starting RB spot. Really what we all expected but CHI played atad better then we thought ...even CAR 2nd TD came after an INT and the drive was 23yds.....finding the end zone is a more worrisome issue then moving the ball for CHI.....ar gets Steve Smith back now.....

NYG @ STL - Giants did a great job moving the ball all day long and STL could not do anything to make a critical play . Everytime they scored they allowed NYG to answer. This was a 20-13 game with 1o to play.....Rams just zero offensive consistency ..the had 2 54tds FGS often stalling on drives and a long TD to HOLT..game fell apart late as NYG answered the TD , then Bulger threw a pick 6 and just running out the clock late Bradshaw busted a 31 yd TD...Rams barely had 200yds of offense and nearly 25% came on 1 pass the TD.....Giants had 441 yds...

GB @ DET - Real headscratcher here . Agian DET falls behind big and quick, Rodgers had 3 TD passes midway through the 2nd Q . GB's defense played sound defense except 2 th quarter TDs to Calvin Johnson which accounted for most of DET offense. Lions slowly grined there way back from 21-0 , 21-3 at half , to 24-9 after 3 quarters then a TD , safety and TD to take the lead 25-24 with 7 to play .....then DET again imploded ....GB got a FG to go up 27-25 with bout 5 to play then GB scored 3x and Det had 3 INTs including two pick 6s....Rodgers is legit ...I said before the MNF game he is probably a top 10 QB now and he has done nothing bit made me feel smart ( drafted him in fantasy as well) ...Just dont know what to make of these Lions...this game was like 3 scoring runs ...GB early to go up 3 TDS , DET 2nd H to erase that lead and then GB 3 late TDs ...Cant say DET is still of search of a run game becuase its now twice they have been down 21-0 mid 2 quarter ......GB running game didnt do much as Grant is clearly les then 100%....

NO @ Wash: Skins won late but they should have smoked NO. Skins 1st H read 5 possessions - 3FGs and 2 Missed FGs with 3 2nd H TDs to add to that . MEans 8 of 10 drives they had chances to score ...NO sure is in trouble with this banged up defense which missed 3 key starters...the offense was okay ....no ground game and avg production from the passing game....Campbell played well though today.

Atl @ TB: Was all over this game ..TB 1st H , TB , Und ATL TT , Over TB TT , 2nd H under ...yeah basically what I expected ...the young ATL tandem struggled mightily vs a good defense on the road ,.......TB used fied position to score but the offense was very blah.....Graham busted a big one late thopugh...

SF @ SEA : higher scoring then anticpated but also remember it went to OT and had a defensive score for each....both offenses moved the ball consistently through the air and on the ground ...SEA is just a banged up team but for there talent thought they played well ...they are just a shorthanded mess...wouldnt get to excited about SF as I said somewhere else they had 3 chances to win and were lucky they still pulled it out...down 3 late had it around the SEA 10 settled for 3 , had a 40 yder to win and missed , then got the ball in OT and finall won it...as SEA gets healthier they wil improve...SEA is just a bad team though and SF is a bad team making clear progress.....

Pats @ jets ; NE showed they are the same team minus some explosiveness of offense . They were a little out of sorts today and that should get better . Huge day by LaMont Jordan and believed MAroney exited with a shoulder injury ...Pats needed a little more killer instinct on offense ....Jets are just a work in progress . You have a QB with limited skill players and he is playing for a new organization for the 1st time in what 15 years? A Change is Gonna Come but it takes time ..like dhow both defenses played and great job all day pressuring Cassel . The QB pressure put Cassel down a bunch of times but he missed a TD throw by a hair when forced to rsh his throw to a wide oen Randy Moss who couldnt slow down enough to catch the duck.......

Miami @ Zona: Zona hit 2 huge pass plays early that lead to TDS and Miami is gonna struggle playing catch up . The road will show the weaknesses in the defense and the offens ejust to plain with no playmakers at WR really.....Miami is bad and not far removed from that 1-15 team the more I watch them....Zona didnt run the ball effectively though

SD @ DEN: Crazy game with the blow calls and 2 pter to win . WHich I think occurred because Den could not stop SD in the 2nd H and he probably felt the DEF was tired and couldnt stop SD ...Sproles is a beast to kick to as well.....everything I expected though lil higher scoring then anticipated ....SD defense deosnt look good so far and DEN is soft IMO.......

Pitt @ Cle ; Again no suprises. Didnt like Pitts offense in week 1 and expected a clos egame ....weather and wind played into the 10-6 outcome . CLE still struggling with drops but the defense stepped it upo here....Cle needs a playmaker ...now JJ and Stallworth hurting teh passing game especiallywith Edwards and Winslow dropping passes...impressed some by CLE defense..Pitt defense is solid as hell.....

:cheers:

What did I learn?

1. Cincy sucks
2. KC sucks
3. Rams sucks
4. FG kickers in the NFL suck. Ive never seen soo many missed fg's inside the 40 ever on a Sunday.
5. McFadden has arrived.
6. No team seems to know how to close out games anymore.

What did I learn?

1. Cincy sucks
2. KC sucks
3. Rams sucks
4. FG kickers in the NFL suck. Ive never seen soo many missed fg's inside the 40 ever on a Sunday.
5. McFadden has arrived.

Funny part is I agree but there was so many long kicks today that I would ay the opposite . Just stuck on Seabass hitting a 56 yder and JBrown hit 2 54yders off the top of my head....

What did I learn?

1. Cincy sucks
2. KC sucks
3. Rams sucks
5. McFadden has arrived.

loud and clear :cheers:

From what I observed is that the Rams,Lions,Chiefs,Oakland, Seattle,and 49ers are very shitty teams.I will not lay a penny on either of these teams unless the linesmakers give me some huge spreads.Those teams I named should make the top 10 in the NFL draft without a problem.Also if my Saints don't play better they may find themselves in my top 10 NFL Draft list.

I wouldnt be too concerned with the saints considering Harper, McKenzie, Yag, Fujita, Simeneau(for the year) were all out... I'd be more concerned with the offense than anything but we saw it last year, it took us a few games to get into a groove.

We had to start Jo-Lunn Dunbar, lol.

A few quick comments.

Despite their win in Minny, Colts have problems defensively and desparately need the return of Dallas Clark. Don't like their position next week heading into the bye.

Ariz Cardinals--- look out for this team.. Warner playing at a Pro Bowl level and so many weapons. I have them rated as the best team in the NFC other than the two playing tonight.

Minny-- agree with Nut this defense reminds of some of the Bears best. Sadly so does the offense.

I said this in my preseason thread and still believe it, looking at the schedule I have a hard time finding a win for Miami.

The receiving talent of Denver is notable.

Oakland will beat bad team but struggle with above average and good teams.

Buffalo is the real deal IMO

Just like the article I posted in my Saints thread said, we sacrificed defense for offense when defense was our most urgent need. This will be exposed as coaches get to see more film. Porter showed signs of hope against Tampa, then got picked on by Washington. I think teams will continue to go at Porter. Ideally, the Saints should shift to a 3-4 defense, but they won't. Anyway, I look for Cutler to set records against the Saints secondary next weekend.

A few quick comments.

Despite their win in Minny, Colts have problems defensively and desparately need the return of Dallas Clark. Don't like their position next week heading into the bye.

Ariz Cardinals--- look out for this team.. Warner playing at a Pro Bowl level and so many weapons. I have them rated as the best team in the NFC other than the two playing tonight.

Minny-- agree with Nut this defense reminds of some of the Bears best. Sadly so does the offense.

I said this in my preseason thread and still believe it, looking at the schedule I have a hard time finding a win for Miami.

If the Cardinals don't win their division, they never will. It's been handed to them on a silver platter.

I think Miami has two to three wins in them. Arizona is an awful matchup for them. They should handle the 49ers,Chiefs and the Rams.

Last edited:
This is how bad the Rams are. In 2 games, they haven't run 1 play inside the opponenets 20 yard line. Their lone TD came on a 45 yard prayer that was tipped a few times and had Holt wrestling with the DB to gain possession. AND we still couldn't tell by the replay whether it was a catch. Not to mention the 1st unit offense scored only 1 TD in preseason and that TD had to be reviewed by the officials. It was the starting units 1st TD since 2005 in preseason play. That's how hard it's been for the Rams to score. Do I need to say more?
Hard to believe they're only getting 10 points vs Seattle because this isn't a good matchup for them. Loud home crowd usually means about 8 false starts and 8 sacks. Bulger got beat up so bad against the Giants that I can't see how he survives the entire game vs Seattle. Enter Trent Green who can't be happy about coming in.

A few quick comments.

Good stuff Tee.

The Colts I agree need to have Dallas Clark but I thought the offense progressed a great deal in the 2nd H . I know Hugo went down in the 1st H probably the last thing they needed and unsure to be honest if he returned but huge improvemnet after halftime.

One thing is clear they cant run the ball but they have always faced possible the 2 top defense in the NFL. Could be partially on the OL as well.

Wayne dropped that pass that Manning dropped in over his shoulder and sort of through the defenders hands. Think it would have been a TD but the mind is a tad fuzy now. The win was all a product of Vikes never putting Indy to bed and ESPN talks about a great comeback one more time I may just drive to Connecticut and sit outside the headquarters and beat acouple of these morons senseless. 15-0 is a great comeback ? Anyway ...

I thought Anthony Gonzalez obvious from his stats finally played a key role but still dont have faith in him to make "tough" catches yet .

You have me interested in Zona there defense suprised many last year ...

Basically agree with the rest.....:shake:

This is how bad the Rams are. In 2 games, they haven't run 1 play inside the opponenets 20 yard line. Their lone TD came on a 45 yard prayer that was tipped a few times and had Holt wrestling with the DB to gain possession. AND we still couldn't tell by the replay whether it was a catch. Not to mention the 1st unit offense scored only 1 TD in preseason and that TD had to be reviewed by the officials. It was the starting units 1st TD since 2005 in preseason play. That's how hard it's been for the Rams to score. Do I need to say more?
Hard to believe they're only getting 10 points vs Seattle because this isn't a good matchup for them. Loud home crowd usually means about 8 false starts and 8 sacks. Bulger got beat up so bad against the Giants that I can't see how he survives the entire game vs Seattle. Enter Trent Green who can't be happy about coming in.

Great stuff Wise. clearly you have been on point about the Rams so far and no reason not to listen to your input . I didnt watch the Giants game but was very close to getting out of my plays at halftime . Since STL only 2 scores were 54 yd FGS to that point and when they scored they allowed NNYG a quick answer..Didnt realize that is how STL scored......

As you have said repeatedly this team is broken...

As for week 3 I think SEA offense played better then expected and I know some of there defensive players were banged up going in. If you cant score at home its gonna be a big issue on the road (obviously look at Philly and past history ) . At least SEA can point to a rash of injuries for there play . While 10 looks like alot of points we have to remember they were just +9 at home and failed to cover . So even though its SEA really hard to believe they can make this game anything below -9....:shake:

MIAMI -

Starting to see tee*Dub's point about Miami . Basically they have no playmakers in the passing game and no WRs with a weak armed QB . The TE's will thrive but any smart team should play man coverage and pay attention the TE's . They miht be best served showing Ronnie Brown is healthy and dealing him for a WR if that deal is available..the defense is raw and well so far we know they can be beated for big plays ...Jets 1 TD was about 56 yds through the air and ZOna had a tow ealry 70 something yard receptions early one for 6 pts...

Again just look at MLB...home field will mean bunch as all these bad teams we are identifying will only have chances at wins at home or the home of another terrible team . Which though these terrible teams are gonna see the rare win opportunity when another crap team is marching in so still not sure even then they could win a road game .....

Now home teams were poor yesterday but its still the felling out of process of what teams are bad ...

Home losses --
Cle: I thought the browns played a very solid game . The issue was simple making a big play on offense . They had 3 straight drives were they took the ball all the way to PITT red zone..The teelers did not do that . Pitt was aided by some penalties on its TD and lets be clear the differnce bewteen good and bad teams is simple . Good teams make plays when they need to and given extra chances ( think the old 4 outs in an inning comment in baseball) and teams who underperform or are a bad always give teams those extras chances and dont make the key play when they need to.......Cle game ? 1st H pick before the half after driving it all the way inside the 5 yd line...HC Romeo fucked up the TO situation and is just a poor HC ..that was really key. Imagine the game is tied at the half ???

Anyway I wont say CLE outplayed them but as far as offensive goes after the 1st Q CLE offense did well until the red zone...very well ...5 possessions and 3 inside the red zone and outside of 1 drive starting field position was no better then the 20 yd line....wind aided INT and punt after half ...

So think Pitt was exposed as still being a medicore offense but the defense is again playing well with healthy Troy at safety...Browns have basicallyed played 6 quarters of good football on the defensive side ...DAL and Pitt are high quality teams so not a bad 0-2 IMO....they are being killed by the absence of Stallworth and JJ with no viable replacements but Cribbs will be a key once he gets back to 100%...

So CLE some great progress but cant trust there coaches to win a close game which is no news flash so dont bitch about if they lose a close one in the future its to be xpected.......

Jets - bad spot all around IMO. Pats defense is playing good and lets be honest those MF'ers had a chip on there shoulder and they hate the JETS IMO....(we know BB does) Have patience with NYJ Favre missed some camp and is not a youngster so he may be wearing down some in games(mentioned by broadcasters though downplayed by Simms) especially since this is not cool GB weather he is used 2 playing in , something to adjust to at 37 or whatever he is(fucking gross here in NY yesterday muggy and humid) ...plus a new offense to learn ...new WRs to get accustomed to....new OL to gel....alot of newness to NYJ ...overall thought Favre did what he could and then some ....Stuckey is showing the most of the WR's and if they have 3 WR options then they are on there way ...defense played well but NE offense though shitty in some pass protection allowing Cassel to take some licks did excellent winning the battle on running plays always blowing NYJ off the line IMO creating space ...LaMont Jordan ran well and dont forget his NYJ tenure...NE I thought was to conservative at times ...I understand the run first process because it was highly successful and Cassel is breaking in still but some odd choices...you have randy Moss and run the ball on 3rd and goal in the 1st Q ...terrible call...either through Moss a jump ball or a screen and let him fight his way into the end zone....tow relatively safe plays IMO.....

Anyway no negatives from the Jets really NE is still better at this point and NE only negative was not getting Moss more involved IMO...he had a TD if Cassel had 1 more second to throw the ball on the knuckler that hit Moss in he chest and bounced out ...the pass was short so he had to slow down to comeback and get it and while it was very accurate in the sense it was a pressured throw the slight akwardness or flutter of the ball ultimately cost NE a score ...really the OLs fault as they didnt keep Cassel upright enough and pressured way to much ...he had to rush it and barely got rid of it given a chance to step into that throw its a score IMO...only really deep shot I recall....the talent is there with Cassel . I wanted to say this yesterday but what says more about him :
1- He was a backup in QB at USC a powerhouse and QB factory recently Or
2-He was a backup in college and drafted by one of the best organizations in the NFL..
obviously I vote #2.....

SEA- I know they had some banged up defensive players but offensively they had no Maurice Morris and NO key WRs ..Branch , Engram , Burleson all out , Hackett is in Carolina so lets think how far the depth chart they were here 5th and 6th type guys starting ??? So Hasselback 's day is probably better then expected though cant say what role the WRs played in hus stats cause I didnt see it . A game I would like to see ...Julius Jones appeared to run really well and SEA had a ground attack for the 1st time in over a year ...

Defense -- 8 sacks ...Oh boy STL...Gore 19c 61yds

really looks like alot credit goes to SUllivan for making plays when they needed to and I want to read more of the play by play but recall alot of 3rd conversions that also went for alot of yards....scrambled 4 times for 32 yards as well..SF had 1 TD on a big play basically , 1 thanks to a short field starting at oppsoing 40 , another FG because of really good field position at midfield ...

Offense-
The more I look at this the better they did. They only punted twice all day but 3 TOs hurt them badly especially since one was a pick 6 to tie the game and the next possession was another INT . Just gives SF so much momentum at that point . Earlier fumbled after starting on there 40 and picking up 30 yds on 1 play ...Mare kicking well so far hit a 51 yder..

Think SEA showed well for a losing team because of the injuries..

Rams and Minny we hit on already ...Vikes need some offense to make the defense effort worthwhile as they have made 2 offenses work for there points . Rams are a disaster ....

Lions- Dont know what to say. I bet them and still cant believe theled 25-24 with 7 to play and trailed 27-25 with 5 to play and wound up losing by 48-25 in 5 minutes of football !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I actually thought I was cahsing by Lions +3.5 and ML at one point .....NOT !

I really dont know what the deal is . Do they need some medicine to be alert in the 1st Q? Its been consecutive weeks where in the 1st 20 or so minutes of the game they looked up and saw opponent 21 and Lions ZERO.....this time they did an excellent job of shutting GB down for 2 quarters bit couldnt do it when it really counted and to be honest exhaustion would be a reasonable excuse ...when DET scored it was quick on 2 big hookups to Calvin Johnson ...the Lions sustained no drives all game..fron 6:47 of the 2nd Q to 5:17 of the 4th quarter when they scored they go ahead FG the Liosn allowed just a FG ......TOP was 35 -25 in favor of GB ...really crucial on paper is the fact from 10 minutes to play in the 3rd Q till they took the lead DET defense didnt have much of a breather ciontinually asked to make plays ...5 possession they had the ball for 1:22 , 0:49 , 1:43 , 1:59 and technically 0:00 as they scored on the first play when they took th elead... so defense never had a chance to gather themselves ...

With 5:10 to play I think DET fucked up . Cant say whose fault the INT was that Kitna threw but just look at the stats he throw INTs its nothing new. You have to think your defense is worn especially because you coached the defense in TB (well Dbacks I believe) . Why are you not shortening the game and running the ball on 1st down? Chew the clock , get into FG range which is basically say the opponents 35-40 yd line basically 45 or so yards....why give GB anytime with the ball?? I understand some will say but if you have a quick possession and then a stop yuu still have plenty of time .....key is you need a stop ....after the initial drive to start the 2nd H the Lion ran the bal twice ...once on 1st down in the 3rd Q at the 9:37 mark and once to start the 4thQ literally 1st play......kinda make it wasy for GB when they dont have to worry about the run..

So I think that was a HUGE ERROR by Det ....5 to play down 2 points at your 20 ....keep it smart and look to move the chains first and foremost .

KC - team is a disaster ..the OL is nowhere near what is was , starting QBs that have no pro resume and Huard is the best of the bunch ..yikes ! LJ is not the old LJ and life is much tougher due to the above points , defense is young and aw lost some players midgame......just a disaster ...they might be worse off then Miami..

Jax - Really the beat themselves twice I thought . As I said huge play Garrards INT before half ...they showed glimpses but having a stud like Jones-Drew has been useless so far . Matt Jones is playing fairly well but the OL has dealt with tons of injuries and the running game has been non existant at least partially due to that OL......there is hope still but there defense has slipped as well.....cautious approach with this team as they may eat up the crap teams but quality teams can pose headaches ....thats all Buffalo did was not lose the game , keep it close and take it late ...Jags led 16-10 in the mid 4th quarter...

Cincy _ While they played poorly and we expect more from there offensive because of the 3 stars it didnt play that badly . They have faced 2 upper tier defenses so far in Tenny and Balt ....the running game is not doing that much with Perry carrying the ball ...the passing game has been terrible ..I think we all feel that can improve...although notfacing the toughest of challenges the defense hanst been that bad ...Tenny last score was a blocked point real late in the game ....seems Cincy was deflated after making it 7-7 and then allowing aquick TD right before half to trail 14-7...only allowed 3 more 2nd H points ......they need to just blow that offense Ocho CInco must go his antics have destroyed that team Like TO and Moss did at one point as well making it to much about them....

Here is a thought .....send Ronnie Brown and a draft pick to Cincy for Ocho Cinco and Kenny Watson... helps both huge iMO ...especially since Henry should be able to step in for the artist formerly known as Chad.....Cincy still needs a 3rd WR ...Mike Furrey anoyone ..?? or that type of a guy is gotta be out there somewhere.....

Looks like CLE and SEA showed the most promise or steps in the right direction.....and Minny is still what we thought were ...great defense , freat ground game but if your RBs dont break long runs for scores then rushing yards is so overrated ...they dont directly translate into points IMO......

Jets are growing into themselves.....Jax and DET have hope...Cincy may have some....at some point if they deal Chad....KC and the Rams seem rather hopeless.....

Please contribute what you saw especially if you watched some of these games ....especially when it comes down to things that dont look exactly how they read in the game logs ...such as Holt's juggling act for a TD that maybe wasnt.

I think Miami has two to three wins in them. Arizona is an awful matchup for them. They should handle the 49ers,Chiefs and the Rams.

I have the 49ers rated much higher than most.. I hope the linemakers agree with you because I would go heavy on the 49ers in anything close to a pickem.. Rams/Miami may end in a zero zero tie..LOL

I have the 49ers rated much higher than most.. I hope the linemakers agree with you because I would go heavy on the 49ers in anything close to a pickem.. Rams/Miami may end in a zero zero tie..LOL

JT O' Sullivan = Kurt Warner ....

offense not as explosive and O'Sullivan much different QB then Warner but same type quality performances ....SF defense better then what STL had...

dont think they are far behind Arizona at this point ....:shake:

Jets - bad spot all around IMO. Pats defense is playing good and lets be honest those MF'ers had a chip on there shoulder and they hate the JETS IMO....(we know BB does) Have patience with NYJ Favre missed some camp and is not a youngster so he may be wearing down some in games(mentioned by broadcasters though downplayed by Simms) especially since this is not cool GB weather he is used 2 playing in , something to adjust to at 37 or whatever he is(fucking gross here in NY yesterday muggy and humid) ...plus a new offense to learn ...new WRs to get accustomed to....new OL to gel....alot of newness to NYJ ...overall thought Favre did what he could and then some ....Stuckey is showing the most of the WR's and if they have 3 WR options then they are on there way ...defense played well but NE offense though shitty in some pass protection allowing Cassel to take some licks did excellent winning the battle on running plays always blowing NYJ off the line IMO creating space ...LaMont Jordan ran well and dont forget his NYJ tenure...NE I thought was to conservative at times ...I understand the run first process because it was highly successful and Cassel is breaking in still but some odd choices...you have randy Moss and run the ball on 3rd and goal in the 1st Q ...terrible call...either through Moss a jump ball or a screen and let him fight his way into the end zone....tow relatively safe plays IMO.....

Anyway no negatives from the Jets really NE is still better at this point and NE only negative was not getting Moss more involved IMO...he had a TD if Cassel had 1 more second to throw the ball on the knuckler that hit Moss in he chest and bounced out ...the pass was short so he had to slow down to comeback and get it and while it was very accurate in the sense it was a pressured throw the slight akwardness or flutter of the ball ultimately cost NE a score ...really the OLs fault as they didnt keep Cassel upright enough and pressured way to much ...he had to rush it and barely got rid of it given a chance to step into that throw its a score IMO...only really deep shot I recall....the talent is there with Cassel . I wanted to say this yesterday but what says more about him :
1- He was a backup in QB at USC a powerhouse and QB factory recently Or
2-He was a backup in college and drafted by one of the best organizations in the NFL..
obviously I vote #2.....

Great insight, as always, SportsNut.
Although I'm obviously disappointed by the defeat (and my lost bet), I'm not that down on the Jets. I agree that they have ways to go and maybe NE was the right play, but I think Jets had a chance to win this.

Special teams and penalties hurt the Jets a lot, imo. We all knew Feeley was not good, but yesterday Graham was awful, too. NE started too many possessions inside Jets territory. I think Jets D played really well, but in the 2nd half stayed on the field way too much. I believe one could not ask for more from this young group.

Since you questioned NE's playcalling, what about the Jets? Down 6-0 and you get 1st and goal at the 3 yard. You run 3 times with the same back? Why don't you give a chance to your future HoFamer QB?!...

Great insight, as always, SportsNut.
Although I'm obviously disappointed by the defeat (and my lost bet), I'm not that down on the Jets. I agree that they have ways to go and maybe NE was the right play, but I think Jets had a chance to win this.

Special teams and penalties hurt the Jets a lot, imo. We all knew Feeley was not good, but yesterday Graham was awful, too. NE started too many possessions inside Jets territory. I think Jets D played really well, but in the 2nd half stayed on the field way too much. I believe one could not ask for more from this young group.

Since you questioned NE's playcalling, what about the Jets? Down 6-0 and you get 1st and goal at the 3 yard. You run 3 times with the same back? Why don't you give a chance to your future HoFamer QB?!...

Good points bro.

I dont disagree with anything you said . In fact I actually forgot about the 1st and goal spot for NYJ. I guess I dont think Mangini is a very good head coach and would not expect him to see the error in that decision. I backed NE just because I felt like it was a value played due to Brady's absence . I mentioned how NE has long shown its an organization that is not about 1 player just look at the player defections over the recent years . They just regroup and retool. I expected NE to win and at a PKem (really wanted +3 though) just figured chances are were NE wanted this game badly to prove what they are made of. Had no expectations of an easy win only that at the end of the NE would be the winners ...so thats why the type of game I expected...NE did what it had to win and put the pressure on NY to make plays ...valid point thought about field position ...(big reason why COlts have struggled offensively so far especially 1st H at Minny is repeatedly backed up inside there own 20yd line )

Once Feely missed the easy FG knew NY was done. Just the type of thing you cant afford to happen when you play NE. Graham's punting has been terrible and I do agree Jets defense played well. Especially in getting to the QB. I was not watching closely though. I assume there game plan was blitz and rush the hell out of Cassel which could be why the middle seemed so open for NE to run the ball (assuming NY was bringing pressure from the edges) . With I thought the defense played well if that was the case NE did great adjusting because they just had no problem running the 2nd H and I do mean none from what I saw....

It was just a game where I got what was expected. jets did have some opportunties but fall back on my belief the offense hasnt looked impressive since acquiring Favre even in preseason games . Wasnt it scoreless vs the Giants for a half ? Take away a 56 yder and fluke 4th and LONG TD pass what did they accomplish in Miami ? Coles missed all preseason . Just alot of questions for them to beat a NE caliber team . Thats all my point is on the jets and this game....work in progress vs the excellence of execution ....

So as we agree they need to progress but not so much because they look like ass but to get to that playoff type can do damage once they get in caliber team they can be . Just saying they are in there infancy and expectations are kinda high based on reality ...new OL, new QB who never played outside of GB( dont say ATL) learning a new offense and teammates , some injuries to key players and a rookie in Stuckey finding his way ....Nugent's injury...just think the 2nd H is were we see if NY is gonna be legit not in week 2 ...

Not down on NY at all but progress needs to made offense in the near future ....

great call by crennel kicking a meaningless FG!!! Have fun next year watching the games from your couch fatshit douche he is NO headcoach

Thanks Retburj.

In NFL things like that are such disasters its unfortunate . I just dont understand why they cant review those stupid whistle plays. Had SD +1.5 so was lucky in that sense .....terrible to play 16 games and lose one like that ...

and EDizz one thing I know for sure is most HC and managers lose more games then they win with there decisions but yes Romeo is not a good HC but they FG game me the cover although I did but CLE to +7.5 anyway...

Since its week 2 relevant here is my thoughts on todays MNF game . Guess to keep the clutter out of here any focused on what happened in week 2 try and keep the discussion to TDot's original thread : MNF discussion where this is posted ....

One of those lines were its like okay who doesnt like Philly ++ the points ?? Kept saying wtf did they open this line so high . Think it actually came out at 9...I guess who didnt think that .......

Thats what it boils down ...

Eagles played a terrible Rams team and Dallas who laid a beat down on the road vs a respectable Browns team. Granted Browns looked terrible at points but DAL offense just had tomany weapons to cover . Edwards killed CLE dropping that 1st H long TD pass ....and while they defense recovred in the 2nd H to play much better which carried over vs Pitt.......

Philly was about -7 at home vs a terrible Rams teams and Dallas was -6 @ Cle a decent opponent and on the road .....

Dallas just ahs so many weapons ...TO, Witten , Barber , Felix Jones looked great ...Crayton even did well ....

A deeper look makes me think Philly's offense was not impressive as it looks ....

It was only 21-0 at half ...and the key was teh ability to hit a deep ball or big play nearly ecevry TD drive......

1st TD (1st drive of game ) - Jackson 47 yd reecption and 15 yd penalty on top of it...scored on 3rd and goal at the 1 yd line.....they went 80yds and 62 came on 1 pass...

2nd TD ( 2nd drive of game) - faced some 3rd conversions and made both but both 3rd and long . So that speaks on the offense and facing a bad defense its not as hard to convert 3rd and longs.....early in teh drive 3rd and 7 pick jup 9 yds....then 3rd and from there own 38 Avant picks up 31 yds a back breaking type play ...after that philly just cut through them...

Punt - fail on 3rd and 6

Punt - fail on 3rd and 5 but hit another 50yd pass earlier in the drive.....

Punt -3rd and 10 failed

3rd TD - (last drive really before half inside the 2 minute warning )
Philly seemed content to just run out the clock with terrible field position ...inside there own 10yd line......Again 3rd and 8 from there 10 McNabb hits Baskett for a 90YD TD.....this type of stuff aint happening vs a good footbal team even if there secondary isnt upper tier caliber to me its football 101 ......really a sign of how bad STL is ......

2nd H -
Punt - had 2nd and 1 Westbrook couldnt pick up a yard and then McNabb was incomplete on 3rd and 1 ....bad sign IMO if you cant pick up short yardage to sustain drives.....

4th TD - Pretty damn good starting field position at your own 4 yd line. Westbrook did better on short yardage carries though he did fumble but recover it I believe upon getting a 1st down...picked up 3rd and 1 then 3rd and 2 on the ground ...Jackson had a 25 yd reception ....

FG - started at STL 9 and basically went backwards then forwards settling for 3 . Cant say much since the game was out of hand cant say it was a critical drive they failed on but 9 yards isnt much...3rd and goal from the 5yd line is incomplete...

Last TD- Looks like STL was disinterested ..10yds on 1st play then 20yd penalty and seemingly 10yds a play till they scored.......

After this McNabb pulled......STL gets a FG to avoid teh shutout 38-3 ...Eagles get the ball and LOL at this they chewed the last 9 minutes of the game up with Kolb and Booker running the offense......

4 passes accounted for 220 pf McNabbs 361 yds ...4 passes of 33 attempts ...Philly 522 yds total offense --- 220 on those 4 pass plays ----61yds to run out the clock ---leaves 241 yds gained the rest of the game on about 54 plays not bad but not as an impressive as the overall stats

look......

31 Avant , 47 D.Jackson , 52 G.Lewis and 90 Baskett

Unsure about total because not certain what I felel comfortable with Philly scoring .

Thinking 28(27) -17 Dallas at the moment...

Playing :

Dallas -6.5 pretty strong IMO . Think Dallas shows just how good are they are Philly just how much work they need to get to Dallas level...

:cheers:BOL all

great call by crennel kicking a meaningless FG!!! Have fun next year watching the games from your couch fatshit douche he is NO headcoach

You mean you didnt like the head coach playing to cover the spread with 3 minutes left?

Personally I LOVED it and would give that fat bastard a giant hug if I saw him today!!

Good thread Nut....nice recap. You guys didn't miss anything IMO.
Time to use what we've learned to take advantage of the lines WEEK 3 - and beyond. BOL as always gents.

The jets may not beat the patriots until the year 2025.

If they didnt do it yesterday, it will never happen.. Ever.

They own us. And it sucks.

Our offense has some serious problems with the play-calling. Still amazed that we are not spreading the field with 4 wideouts, putting favre in the gun, and letting him go to work.

A lot more conservative play calls so far.... and this all tells me he is not adapted to the system/playbook yet.

Was happy the defense, ESPECIALLY the red zone defense, which made some solid stands inside the ten yard line. Defense also did a great job of getting to cassell and getting pressure on him but the kid looked very poised and collected and did a great job of getting rid of the ball when he needed to, and where he needed to.... whether he was scrambling or in the pocket. He didnt turn the ball over once and i was very wrong there.

Favre still has those mental lapses and goes back to his general tendency of throwing into the heart of the secondary and forcing it when its not there.
As you saw in that INT he should have never thrown that ball in the first place.

My homer bias gets in the way of my writeup/wagering a lot, and certainly did this weekend, and i apologize for that.

Detroit secondary could be the worst in the NFL.

Romeo crennel coaches games to keep them close/cover.... rather then to win.

KC and cincy are great fade material from here on out

If minnesota had picked up pennington in the offseason like they should have, theyd be 2-0 right now. Both games were lost at the quarterback position which was the difference. An excellent defensive unit with an exceptional runinng game that is getting weighed down by the dead arm of jackson.... who was booed by fans.

The seahawks are more over-rated this year, then they usually are (which is every year but even more so this year).

Just like the article I posted in my Saints thread said, we sacrificed defense for offense when defense was our most urgent need. This will be exposed as coaches get to see more film. Porter showed signs of hope against Tampa, then got picked on by Washington. I think teams will continue to go at Porter. Ideally, the Saints should shift to a 3-4 defense, but they won't. Anyway, I look for Cutler to set records against the Saints secondary next weekend.

i mean i get what youre getting at but the offense was at fault last week. The defense was left on the field for far too long in the 1st Half while our offense did absolutely nothing to help them out. We had a bend but dont break D even though Wash offense is bad, we still had 4 starters out. I think we're overreacting a bit to our poor D as I do think our Run D was superb early, and our pass D was pretty awful but when Porter was our #1 in his 2nd game of his career and we started Jo-Lunn Dunbar some no name rookie in place of the mediocore Fujita, I really didnt expect much. Plus Josh Bullocks and Aaron Glenn starting? I thought they did well and bad play calling or lack of execution on offense was the killer. Also some flukey turnovers, tip INTs and shockey being unshockey like, that wont happen again to him atleast.

Wow ! Thats all I can say ...Boys won by 4 but they gift wrapped that game for EAGLES backers....two good teams playing you ant afford silly mistakes so little disgusted to be honest ...Dallas cut through that defense with ease ...

1- Romo's terrible INT followed by a terrible pass INT call which should have been 15 yds the other way.....

2- Romo's terrible fumble in the end zone for 7 Philly points

3- Jackson foolishly tossing the ball backwards at the 1 yd line only wish DAL got that ball to make up for all the gift points Dal handed them.....

Now the late Philly fumble was a gift but truly never thought Philly had any chance of winning that game . They couldnt get 1 stop ....Dal avg 2 yds mote per play....

A rare comfortable loss for me . Dallas silly penalties and the costly turnovers cost them a DD win...not to mention DAL 2nd Q there defense fatigued because of the TOP ...shit happens ...

DAL just clearly better IMO and Philly nothing special ....:shake:

Wow ! Thats all I can say ...Boys won by 4 but they gift wrapped that game for EAGLES backers....two good teams playing you ant afford silly mistakes so little disgusted to be honest ...Dallas cut through that defense with ease ...

1- Romo's terrible INT followed by a terrible pass INT call which should have been 15 yds the other way.....

2- Romo's terrible fumble in the end zone for 7 Philly points

3- Jackson foolishly tossing the ball backwards at the 1 yd line only wish DAL got that ball to make up for all the gift points Dal handed them.....

Now the late Philly fumble was a gift but truly never thought Philly had any chance of winning that game . They couldnt get 1 stop ....Dal avg 2 yds mote per play....

A rare comfortable loss for me . Dallas silly penalties and the costly turnovers cost them a DD win...not to mention DAL 2nd Q there defense fatigued because of the TOP ...shit happens ...

DAL just clearly better IMO and Philly nothing special ....:shake:

I disagree. Philly had this game all night. Dallas defense is poor.Eagles D tonight struggled but I guarantee you won't see another team drop 41 on them. When Dallas goes to Philly I will pound the fuck out of Philly. Dallas just got lucky tonight. If this was in Philly it would have been a DD victory for the Eagles. I am just not sold on the Cowboys. As long as they average 10 penalties a game it will cost them in the long run. My opinions but thats why I like this forum.

ESPN is just terrible . yesterday it was all over Peyton Manning for a 15-0 comeback ...wow thats impressive ...now all over MCNabbs nuts. Did they watch the last 2 drives he all by himself lost the game ..not sure what stands out most the fact he basically fucked Westbrook on the fumbled handoff , the fact he overthrew Westbrook on a crucial 3rd down , or the fact he is taking sacks on the last drive of the game ......

Philly made 1 lousy play on offense the big pass to Jackson and he tossed the ball before crossing the end zone...Eagles ran 63 plays for 276 yards .....minus the 60 yd pass....

Dallas avg nearly 2yds more per play and avg 10+ yds per pass attempt ..and DAL had 309 yds in 53 plays minus the TO long TD......

Romo mad probably 3 mistakes all game and they were huge ...INT , fumble in the end zone and rushing the throw on the screen pass to Barber on 3rd down on there last drive......

Philly has some life on offense ....

I disagree. Philly had this game all night. Dallas defense is poor.Eagles D tonight struggled but I guarantee you won't see another team drop 41 on them. When Dallas goes to Philly I will pound the fuck out of Philly. Dallas just got lucky tonight. If this was in Philly it would have been a DD victory for the Eagles. I am just not sold on the Cowboys. As long as they average 10 penalties a game it will cost them in the long run. My opinions but thats why I like this forum.

It's kool to disagree . I just dont see how you can say Philly had this game ? At what point ? They stalled twice early for FGs on drives they needed like 10-11 plays to go 45ish yds ....Its like a joke . You watch Philly work there way downthe field and Dal gets the ball . Drops throws 1 pass and its 7-3 . Its like yeah thats how you do it fellas....take notes ...

Dallas led 14-6 and back to back huge turnovers gave Philly life . If you take away the 2nd q DAL outscored Philly 31-13 .

Just dont see how DAL got lucky ? Sloppy ? Absolutely agree ...Terrible INT by Romo , how Romo fumbled twice in the end one I dont know and Philly saved an embarrasment and 7 points by D.Jackson's silly flip before he reached the end zone.....

Philly looked good on offense in the 2nd Q for 1 reason ...DAL defense was on the field almost the whole 1st H....check it TOP is like 20-10 ...thats why Philly did zip in teh 2nd H . Even worse is you kno wPhilly lost when they allowed DAL with 45 seconds left to get a FG before the 1st H. Another hey fellas you cant stop us ...

Everything Philly did was based off a DAL mistake . Now doesnt mean that can be overlooked but what if DAL was crisp ?

If Dal is a pK at Philly all over Dallas ...

I dont see 1 thing Philly did that stands out ? Great play to Jackson and ....(vs a defense on the field all half.....)

Sign of a good team IMO is overcoming mistakes and DAL had a ton......

:shake:

Philly got 14 giftwrapped points and I agree DAL got 7 . Thats still 7 free points that DAL gave away .....

Sportsnut I think Philly played extremely well considering both there WR's are out. They were still capable of scoring.I think once Brown comes back they will be that much dangerous.I am just not sold on Dallas. Its Dallas defense that will cost them along with penalties.Add in a mistake here and there and before you know it your watching football in January at home.We shall see and thats why I love this sport.

And DAL 6-10 on 3rd down vs Phills 4-11 and 0-1 on th down . Why do I suspect most of those 3rd down conversions came in the 2nd Q....

Philly sacked 4 times and DAL none....

Dal 7.1yds per play vs 5.3 for Eagles

10.4 yd per pass attempt vs 6.3 for Philly (Philly gained 0.6yds more on the ground then Dal did)

Minus each big pass Philly 220yds on 36 attempts vs Dallas 240 on 29 attempts....

With DAL sloppiness the EAGLES deserved to cover but they sure dont impress me but they are clearly improved on offense except McNabb still chokes when he needs to make plays....

Sportsnut I think Philly played extremely well considering both there WR's are out. They were still capable of scoring.I think once Brown comes back they will be that much dangerous.I am just not sold on Dallas. Its Dallas defense that will cost them along with penalties.Add in a mistake here and there and before you know it your watching football in January at home.We shall see and thats why I love this sport.

No denying that . I rather have a team whose weakness is beating itself though then a team who cant make a big play and needs help to stay competitive in a game..I just dont see how DAL defense played poorly ...again 31-13 minus the 2nd Q and huge gap in yds per play for DAL ...

Reggie Brown and kevin Curtis are solid WRs but they are not game changers . Cant deny they will help but I dont see them as missing there starting WRs . Both those guys are basically good #3s on most teams maybe Reggie Brown is a solid #2 ....they have a ton of capable WRs with Baskett and Lewis doing well as role players and Jackson doesnt emerge w/o those 2 injuries either so its something that basically evened itself out IMO ...one can argue that DAL corners would be better next time around with Newman banged up and PaCMan working off some rust....

I am not knocking the Eagles as it may seem but I dont think they played like a team who lost by 4 points . They should have lost by 2 TDs but DAL flaw clearly has been sloppiness in big games past few years and that hasnt changed at all either .....

DAL just won every aspect of the game except sloppy plays. McNabb lost another close game he had a chance to win . Wasnt MNF a few years back where he choked the game away to DAL late 4th Q at home ??? Guy just never makes plays and I see why guys dont respect him . How can you respect a guy who flubs a handoff , overthrows a wide open Westbrook on a CRUCIAL 3rd down and is dumb enough to take 2 sacks on the last drive ?? Romo has his brain farts as well but he didnt have 10 years in the league either ....

Philly and NYG are on the same level but think DAL is still clearly better but not unbeatable by any stretch......:shake:

Philly and NYG are on the same level but think DAL is still clearly better but not unbeatable by any stretch......:shake:

I'll agree with that statement.. I do think Dallas is a notch above both, but they also seem to play to their (Phillys' and NYs') level when they play each other.. not much above it... you can refer back to the week 1 game last year when they played the Giants and won a 45-35 shootout at Texas Stadium to see what I'm talking about... The Giants were only down by 3 with a few minutes left when Dallas was facing a 3rd and long in their own territory... a misfire there and it's punt time with the Giants trying to comeback and tie or even win... instead, I believe it was Webster that trips up and Hurd gets caught in a short slant and runs it all the way for a 50+ yard td... to me, tonight was that type of game... one that could have gone either way...

It just seems when they play each other, Dallas is always ready to answer any TD thrown at them or ready to comeback when they need to, but both offenses are capable of exposing both defenses of both teams.. just the way it is...

I think you were right on saying Dallas is the better team.. and they may have even played a better game and been the better team tonight, but that still doesn't make it the right play...

I know it's easy to find faults and reasons why the play lost... in fact, it sometimes eases our minds to do it.. I know I do it... what's weird, is that many times, we never even bother to look for reasons why our plays win when they do.. we just take em' as 'we were right and thats it'... but it works both ways and in the end, there's only one right side (regardless how many ifs and buts we can find)... I know it's easy to say 'the right play lost tonight'.. but the fact is, if it was the 'right play', it wouldn't have lost... not trying to bust any bubbles... hell, I didn't even mess with this game at all... my week wasn't too good as it is... just looking at this game from the outside looking in.

No denying that . I rather have a team whose weakness is beating itself though then a team who cant make a big play and needs help to stay competitive in a game..I just dont see how DAL defense played poorly ...again 31-13 minus the 2nd Q and huge gap in yds per play for DAL ...

Reggie Brown and kevin Curtis are solid WRs but they are not game changers . Cant deny they will help but I dont see them as missing there starting WRs . Both those guys are basically good #3s on most teams maybe Reggie Brown is a solid #2 ....they have a ton of capable WRs with Baskett and Lewis doing well as role players and Jackson doesnt emerge w/o those 2 injuries either so its something that basically evened itself out IMO ...one can argue that DAL corners would be better next time around with Newman banged up and PaCMan working off some rust....

I am not knocking the Eagles as it may seem but I dont think they played like a team who lost by 4 points . They should have lost by 2 TDs but DAL flaw clearly has been sloppiness in big games past few years and that hasnt changed at all either .....

DAL just won every aspect of the game except sloppy plays. McNabb lost another close game he had a chance to win . Wasnt MNF a few years back where he choked the game away to DAL late 4th Q at home ??? Guy just never makes plays and I see why guys dont respect him . How can you respect a guy who flubs a handoff , overthrows a wide open Westbrook on a CRUCIAL 3rd down and is dumb enough to take 2 sacks on the last drive ?? Romo has his brain farts as well but he didnt have 10 years in the league either ....

Good points bro as always.Your right about Mcnabb.He cost his team the game in the 4th. Just mistake after mistake. I know he was trying to make a play on some of those sacks he took but sometimes you just got to throw the ball away and keep your team in a managable situation. They would have never had to do a trick play on 4th down if he threw the ball away on that sack the previous down.Also probably would have gotten a 1st down if he didn't overthrow Westbrook.Did you see the looks Westbrook was giving McNabb all night.He was like WTF bro.

But what ifs are the name of the game when we all look back. Yes Dallas could have won by 2 TD's but Philly could have too.:shake:

I'll agree with that statement.. I do think Dallas is a notch above both, but they also seem to play to their (Phillys' and NYs') level when they play each other.. not much above it... you can refer back to the week 1 game last year when they played the Giants and won a 45-35 shootout at Texas Stadium to see what I'm talking about... The Giants were only down by 3 with a few minutes left when Dallas was facing a 3rd and long in their own territory... a misfire there and it's punt time with the Giants trying to comeback and tie or even win... instead, I believe it was Webster that trips up and Hurd gets caught in a short slant and runs it all the way for a 50+ yard td... to me, tonight was that type of game... one that could have gone either way...

It just seems when they play each other, Dallas is always ready to answer any TD thrown at them or ready to comeback when they need to, but both offenses are capable of exposing both defenses of both teams.. just the way it is...

I think you were right on saying Dallas is the better team.. and they may have even played a better game and been the better team tonight, but that still doesn't make it the right play...

I know it's easy to find faults and reasons why the play lost... in fact, it sometimes eases our minds to do it.. I know I do it... what's weird, is that many times, we never even bother to look for reasons why our plays win when they do.. we just take em' as 'we were right and thats it'... but it works both ways and in the end, there's only one right side (regardless how many ifs and buts we can find)... I know it's easy to say 'the right play lost tonight'.. but the fact is, if it was the 'right play', it wouldn't have lost... not trying to bust any bubbles... hell, I didn't even mess with this game at all... my week wasn't too good as it is... just looking at this game from the outside looking in.

I never said Dallas was the right play and never said I would play DAL again. All I said is for a 4 pt game that DAL handed Philly a chance to stay competitive with those early 2nd Q turnovers resulting in 14 points .

Losing PLAYS are never the right play and I never said that was DAL was the right play. Its just my recap of how the game played out not concerning myself with the scoreboard.....

right plays win and wrong plays lose .....just suprised how many breaks Philly got in this game ....

In a perfect world DAL may have won by 20 but thats why they play the games ....no worries had a great night in MLB (9-2) , split 1st h and 1st Q on Dallas , split under Philly pts prop and Romo -5 yds vs MCNabb props and hit some small plays on DAL 2nd H and under . Lost on the game but nothing huge with the 2nd H plays mixed in ...overall good day and was not talking out of anger . Never thought DAL would lose this game and even said to Pieces play DAL 2nd H ...just a simple recap ....

Just have a huge pet peeve with people think there losing plays were right . If they were they would have won ...Just using this info for next week as I dont think Philly showed much and think DAL interests meenough to take them @ GB.....:shake:bedtime

well.. I probably wouldn't have even said anything if you would have left the Giants out of it.. ;) .. haha...

btw... great day Nut.. I wish my weekend would have been as nice.

To add my 2 sense, is MCNABB IMO even at Syracuse has never been the guy to hang the game on his shoulders. He seems to choke in real key 4th qtr situations--

I have noticed a little trend that I want to check on---

I have personally noticed that Dallas, Philly, Denver, Green Bay seem to allow their QB's a long time to throw the ball. With the O line so good on these teams it allows the teams that extra half second to allow the deep receiver to get open. THis seems to be the case as these teams are given so much time to throw and can score no problem--

I am going to research the number of sacks given up by these teams, and I bet the number is very few. Dallas gave up no sacks today, and Philly gave up 4, but I think 2 or 3 of them were very late in the game--

IF these teams O line can give them this much time, it explains the college like offense of these teams-- They are hitting deep pass routes, and scoring without much resistance.

WHen Dallas plays another prime time team at home there games go way over the total. They are basically not a good disciplined D and have weak linebackers vs the pass, the middle of the field is wide open on them a lot-

Also another interesting trend is with teams with exposive kick returners seems to also put at least 14 points on the board for the offense. SPROLES returned a kick for a td for Sandiego--

Felix JONES returned one kickoff for a TD and returned I think 2 others to midfield- this is huge for the over-

These O lines are so good at stopping the D lines of teams, points are guaranteed to come now- there is no way any team can stop any of these teams unless they have a good pass rush. its that simple. Coverage in the secondary does not matter, you cannot cover these freakish receivers like OWENS< brandon Marshall, eddie royal, or anyone I mean the Eagles scored 37 points, and that was all due to the O line giving MCNABB a lot of time to find his replacement receivers.

Good points bro as always.Your right about Mcnabb.He cost his team the game in the 4th. Just mistake after mistake. I know he was trying to make a play on some of those sacks he took but sometimes you just got to throw the ball away and keep your team in a managable situation. They would have never had to do a trick play on 4th down if he threw the ball away on that sack the previous down.Also probably would have gotten a 1st down if he didn't overthrow Westbrook.Did you see the looks Westbrook was giving McNabb all night.He was like WTF bro.

But what ifs are the name of the game when we all look back. Yes Dallas could have won by 2 TD's but Philly could have too.:shake:

The best was the sideline explanation look after the fumble.

I think you guys are missing the point here . I had Dallas here but so what ? There is no wway in hell Philly could have won by 2 TDS . Its about identifying key plays in a game which if gone differently could create huge differences in the outcomes ...thats all I am doing . Probably the easiest losss I ever took ...No aggravation at all . I was up nearly +10 units from MLB before this game ended so it was either nice solid night or almost perfect great night .....I just dont see Philly being impressive regardless of what I took....at no point did I think Philly would win this game . They never once stoppped DAL on offense ...10 yd holding penalty forced the punt in the 2nd Q and the vanilla play call trying to run the clock and terrible pass by Romo to Barber on 3rd down caused the other .

If DAL made those mistakes on the road they may very well have lost . Simply saying DAL to me did what I expected minus the penalties and stupid ass turnovers . Plain as day as Romo handed them 14 pts . When Westbrook fumbled the Cowboys still had 70 yards to makeup . Terrible INT for field position at the 28 folowed by terrible pass inteference on DAL that was on Philly and takes 7 pts off the board thats HUGE IMO....and then fumbles not once but twice in the end zone ...for a TD ..take a safety dont be reckless....

Its all woulda . coulda , shoulda but thats the point of recapping the games. Talking about the things that changed the complexion of the game .....DAL had teh ball up 14-6 when the INT occurred ...so costly play ...

Eagles just didnt shine here IMO ....I hope people keep saying they played well so I get a bad line on Dallas..cause the Boys will chew up that defense if Atari Bigby is absent......:shake:

I hope people keep saying they played well so I get a bad line on Dallas..cause the Boys will chew up that defense if Atari Bigby is absent......:shake:

that's the point I was trying to make... offensively, they can chew em' up... I'm saying defensively, for some reason, they give up alot... whether to the Giants offense or the the Philly offense... it usually happens that all three teams are just as capable of picking apart each others' defenses... and I think GB can be just as capable

I agree that Detroit has a porous secondary, it is so slow its not even funny-

TO take any overs, you simply have to look at the O coordinators and thier philosophy-- ONe team to stay away from overs is PITTSBURGH--

PITTS runs the ball 2 out of every 3 plays for sure--

The only time some of these ELITE offenses will get stopped is once teams get film on their offenses.

-ALso when it gets colder or rains-
-WHEN injuries happen to the O line and to key players-
-QB's get banged up-

We are seeing the changing of the NFL, there is a lack of consistent talent in this league--

THe ELITE teams all have one thing in common--

-GOod O lines-
-GOod O coordinators-
-GOod smart QB's that can read a Defense and are students of the game
-GOod running attacks
-GOod BIG physical Receivers and fast ones also- Owens, Driver, Jennings, Royal,
-ATTACKING AGGRESSIVE STYLE OF OFFENSE-

THe difference is these teams, the QB knows exactly pre snap where he wants to throw the ball, if it is not there he looks at his secondary read very quickly, if not there he scrambles and looks to dump the ball off--

THe SHIT teams- aka rams, dolphins, BEngals are different--

Their QB's dont have a pre snap read, they dont seem to stick with it due to pressure from the D line, and they dont progress with their reads, there is no flow, receivers are not running or getting open, the O line is not blocking, play calling is bad, there is just no chemistry at all-

WHen you think about this, this explains the difference between good teams and bad teams and why good teams score and bad teams do not

WHat I just explained above was the CASE 100000% in the Oakland vs DENVER game in week 1--

Denver was organized, has play calls, reads, progressions, outlets, great plays, great routes, good run plays, good O line, good blocking on runs and passes--

Oakland was not organized had bad play calls, no reads from qb, no real attack, just an unprepared team--

WHen we cap games we can basically take this into account and this is why the shit teams are losing and not winning in this league--

ITs one thing to say oh they are playing at home or they are getting +9 points---

What no one realizes is bad teams will lose the game badly because of the deficiencies I pointed out above-

The best was the sideline explanation look after the fumble.

I think you guys are missing the point here . I had Dallas here but so what ? There is no wway in hell Philly could have won by 2 TDS . Its about identifying key plays in a game which if gone differently could create huge differences in the outcomes ...thats all I am doing . Probably the easiest losss I ever took ...No aggravation at all . I was up nearly +10 units from MLB before this game ended so it was either nice solid night or almost perfect great night .....I just dont see Philly being impressive regardless of what I took....at no point did I think Philly would win this game . They never once stoppped DAL on offense ...10 yd holding penalty forced the punt in the 2nd Q and the vanilla play call trying to run the clock and terrible pass by Romo to Barber on 3rd down caused the other .

If DAL made those mistakes on the road they may very well have lost . Simply saying DAL to me did what I expected minus the penalties and stupid ass turnovers . Plain as day as Romo handed them 14 pts . When Westbrook fumbled the Cowboys still had 70 yards to makeup . Terrible INT for field position at the 28 folowed by terrible pass inteference on DAL that was on Philly and takes 7 pts off the board thats HUGE IMO....and then fumbles not once but twice in the end zone ...for a TD ..take a safety dont be reckless....

Its all woulda . coulda , shoulda but thats the point of recapping the games. Talking about the things that changed the complexion of the game .....DAL had teh ball up 14-6 when the INT occurred ...so costly play ...

Eagles just didnt shine here IMO ....I hope people keep saying they played well so I get a bad line on Dallas..cause the Boys will chew up that defense if Atari Bigby is absent......:shake:

Its all good sportsnut. Your right about that look he gave him on the sideline.That made me laugh. I thought he was going to tell him he sucked...lol

Sportsnut I am not saying the Eagles are superior to the Cowboys all I am saying is the Cowboys are hyped up by the media. The media is making them look like the team to beat this season when they are clearly not imo. Anyway lets get some money this week. Good to hear you winning in baseball. I think this past season may be my last in bases. I can't stand the game and its like going to a job you hate trying to keep up with it to cap the games. Hell just might tail you next season.

It's kool to disagree . I just dont see how you can say Philly had this game ? At what point ? They stalled twice early for FGs on drives they needed like 10-11 plays to go 45ish yds ....Its like a joke . You watch Philly work there way downthe field and Dal gets the ball . Drops throws 1 pass and its 7-3 . Its like yeah thats how you do it fellas....take notes ...

I agree that Dallas giftwrapped 14 pts for Philly, but imo a team would rather break the chains and get a TD in 7 minutes on offense than have 1 big play. It tires out the opposing defense while letting your own D rest up. fatigued defenders/defenses really stand out imo. I think that a team that slowly but surely works their way down field running down field, physically breaking down opposing defenders, and after owning time of possession gets 7 is far better than one that gets the same amount of points in 2 minutes with the big play. same amount of points, but the defense on the field longer is more tired.

also, its hard to say Dallas giftwrapped the TD for Philly off the INT. I mean the interception was legit- made by one of the interception leaders of the league. If you say that INT turned 7 was giftwrapped by Dallas, then you must say that Dallas's kickoff return TD was giftwrapped by Philly.

I had Dallas -6.5 myself, but imo, Dallas could not stop Philly just as much as the other way around

So the WTF happened in week 2???

I put this teaser in and the RAMS fucking happened fucking this teaser up!

<TABLE class=tborder id=post1043429 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR vAlign=top><TD class=alt1 id=td_post_1043429 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #d1d1e1 1px solid"><HR style="COLOR: #d1d1e1" SIZE=1> <!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->Teaser
Teaser : FB15 BK12 M

Select #1 : NFL Football (Indianapolis Colts at Minnesota Vikings - Week 2) for Game
Indianapolis Colts/Minnesota Vikings 9/14/2008 1:00 PM - (EST)
Total Points OVER 28 for Game
Select #2 : NFL Football (Indianapolis Colts at Minnesota Vikings - Week 2) for Game
Minnesota Vikings 9/14/2008 1:00 PM - (EST)
Spread +15 for Game
Select #3 : NFL Football (Chicago Bears at Carolina Panthers - Week 2) for Game
Carolina Panthers 9/14/2008 1:00 PM - (EST)
Spread +12 for Game
Select #4 : NFL Football (New York Giants at St Louis Rams - Week 2) for Game
St Louis Rams 9/14/2008 1:00 PM - (EST)
Spread +25 for Game
Select #5 : NFL Football (Atlanta Falcons at Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Week 2) for Game
Tampa Bay Buccaneers 9/14/2008 4:05 PM - (EST)
Spread +7 for Game
Select #6 : NFL Football (San Francisco 49ers at Seattle Seahawks - Week 2) for Game
San Francisco 49ers 9/14/2008 4:05 PM - (EST)
Spread +22½ for Game
Select #7 : NFL Football (New England Patriots at New York Jets - Week 2) for Game
New England Patriots 9/14/2008 4:15 PM - (EST)
Spread +15 for Game
Select #8 : NFL Football (New England Patriots at New York Jets - Week 2) for Game
New England Patriots/New York Jets 9/14/2008 4:15 PM - (EST)
Total Points OVER 21½ for Game
Select #9 : NFL Football (San Diego Chargers at Denver Broncos - Week 2) for Game
San Diego Chargers 9/14/2008 4:15 PM - (EST)
Spread +15 for Game
Select #10 : NFL Football (Pittsburgh Steelers at Cleveland Browns - Week 2) for Game
Cleveland Browns 9/14/2008 8:15 PM - (EST)
Spread +22 for Game
Select #11 : NFL Football (Philadelphia Eagles at Dallas Cowboys - Week 2) for Game
Philadelphia Eagles 9/15/2008 8:35 PM - (EST)
Spread +22 for Game

Thinking about playing this also, not sure how it loses but it is lots of games i guess

<!-- / message --></TD></TR><TR><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #d1d1e1 1px solid; BORDER-TOP: #d1d1e1 0px solid; BORDER-LEFT: #d1d1e1 1px solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #d1d1e1 1px solid">
user_online.gif
</TD><TD class=alt1 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #d1d1e1 1px solid; BORDER-TOP: #d1d1e1 0px solid; BORDER-LEFT: #d1d1e1 0px solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #d1d1e1 1px solid" align=right><!-- controls --></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

What I learned this week was not to force plays.

I was really ithing to place a MNF play, but since I could make a case for both sides (iggles have good H2H against the boys), and since I didn't see any value in the line, I didn't play. Good thing I didn't since I was leaning Dallas/under.

Forcing plays I believe will slowly drag you down, especially if it has a chasing element in it. Of course this has nothing to do with week 2 as such.

Good point WILKENMAN--

If it was easy as just taking your savings and putting them on MISTER PETER CARROL THE HUMAN ATM MACHINE AT USC Vegas would be bankrupt--

Vegas gives you the BALL, meaning they kick off to you the bettor--

THe say do what you want, we have USC, PETER CARROL the HUMAN ATM Machine, but we also have the Bengals and Rams, and Chargers and many other losers for you to find--

From my research the person who will make money in sports betting is not a FAN and is an investor--

SPorts bettors are too emotional and as you stated chase losses and lose so much money---

No one chases losses when they are winning, meaning doubing up and betting double units on halftime lines--

This is the point-- If you can separate the EMOTION, you have a chance to win--

As soon as I refocussed mentally I have not lost a game since that point and am 4-0 with solid wins---

I know next weekend in College I will be on top level teams if they are in good spots----

PATIENCE and SELECTIVE BETS is the key--

TO summarize this point about 2 weeks ago I had a little gift from GOD--

I received inside information on a CFL game in which I knew a player who told me the coach was being fired after this game when the team loses.

The line was BC -3.5 and I knew they would crush Hamilton, and my friend told me they would lose by at least 3 td's--

THe bullshit part of this story is because of my lack of discipline, and no focus I won $200 on this bloody game- I lost many other games--

Sure enough after the game Hamilton loses 39-12 and the coach says this team has no talent and cannot compete--

I regret this and knew I should have bet at least 3 to 4 K on this game. I dont know if I will get this game ever again, but all the clutter of the NFL, and college and MMA distracted me away from bombing this game bigtime.

That is the problem when you are confused, they put so many bets, for you to confuse you--

The real key is to first choose from a smaller card.

Jax - Really the beat themselves twice I thought . As I said huge play Garrards INT before half ...they showed glimpses but having a stud like Jones-Drew has been useless so far . Matt Jones is playing fairly well but the OL has dealt with tons of injuries and the running game has been non existant at least partially due to that OL......there is hope still but there defense has slipped as well.....cautious approach with this team as they may eat up the crap teams but quality teams can pose headaches ....thats all Buffalo did was not lose the game , keep it close and take it late ...Jags led 16-10 in the mid 4th quarter...

I think JVille may have some underlying issues (aside from the major problems within the o-line). Why would Drew Jones not get a single carry in the first half? Is Del Rio still trying to prove something with Garrard?

from -http://nfl.fanhouse.com/tag/FredTaylor/

"There is no running game if you don't run it, and we just haven't ran the ball, that's all it is, there is nothing else to it," said Maurice Jones-Drew, who carried only seven times for 17 yards and has only 12 carries through two games. "We haven't run the ball, period. We've got to get back to what we are. We're a running team, period. That's all it is. Ask anybody, they'll tell you."

"We're not making plays and guys want to be getting the opportunity to make them, some guys aren't given the opportunity and we're trying maybe to rush things instead of being patient like we were being last year. We'll fix it."

From-http://www.bigcatcountry.com/2008/9/15/614621/chinks-in-the-armor-mauri

I can't question it," Mike Peterson said. "It's not my position to question it. I just play. I wish I could question it [but if he did] I'd be on the way out the door."
Peterson said the players have to make the play regardless of the call that comes in from the coaches.
"I look at it from the other perspective," he said. "I've got to make a play. I don't look at it as the coaches not having us in the right coverage. That's the easy way out."

From- http://jac.scout.com/2/791153.html

Following their trip to Indianapolis is a home game against the Houston Texans, who have a winning record against Jacksonville. The next week is a prime time game against the Pittsburgh Steelers, who look like one of the best teams in the AFC, and a trip to Denver, who is currently averaging 40 points per game. If the Jaguars can’t show great resolve, an 0-6 start isn’t completely out of the question.

Back