So, if you're the Suns . . .

also another thought.... if by some chance chicago makes a game 6, I think under under under as soon as that one comes on board. if you dont like it then hedge it later that line will only go down imo. I think gm 6 in that series would end in the 160s, but that is me.

Well, I didn't think anything would happen to Amare, so what do I know, but I can't see anything happening to Duncan because he did come onto the court, but there wasn't a fight going on at the time.

pin is shifting juice.... I think it climbs no higher then 2. again this is an overeaction to the suspensions imo, not a gift.

pin is shifting juice.... I think it climbs no higher then 2. again this is an overeaction to the suspensions imo, not a gift.

Overreaction to losing a first team all nba player? They couldn't stop Duncan before hand, now what? I guess you will see a lot of Pat Burke.

Overreaction to losing a first team all nba player? They couldn't stop Duncan before hand, now what? I guess you will see a lot of Pat Burke.

in my experiance I have learned that in general injuries cause an overeaction to the true line. Is this a case? I dont know, but I will play something because I think in the long run it will benefit me.

it is all about the number to me, I hardly know what really goes on any more to be honest besides mainstream media. I bet numbers and you can bet I will get this one at its peak, and in the long run that type of play will be +ev.

Anything can happen at home, but lets face it Amare is a beast and Diaw is good to absorb fouls,,,without there two big men who plays Timmy D...I think that I will be on a Timmy D prop for sure....

in my experiance I have learned that in general injuries cause an overeaction to the true line. Is this a case? I dont know, but I will play something because I think in the long run it will benefit me.

While there is an overreaction during the regular season I don't think their is such a thing during the playoffs. During the regular season nobody is trying very hard either way. Star player gets hurt and everbody picks it up a bit and the other team doesn't think they have to work as hard. During the playoffs everybody normally is playing close to 100% every game to start and the other team doesn't care who's hurt. I really think the Spurs are the only side to be on here.

While there is an overreaction during the regular season I don't think their is such a thing during the playoffs. During the regular season nobody is trying very hard either way. Star player gets hurt and everbody picks it up a bit and the other team doesn't think they have to work as hard. During the playoffs everybody normally is playing close to 100% every game to start and the other team doesn't care who's hurt. I really think the Spurs are the only side to be on here.

fair enough.

Spurs aren't a dirty team. Bowen should've been suspended for that nut kick, 1 game if you ask me.

Diaw and Amare were RIGHTFULLY suspended, it's a normal protocol/procedure in situations like this. Horry however, was punished too mildly, it was more than just a flagrant foul, it was an act of sheer madness. I would've suspended him for the season, until the end of playoffs.

But come on, you can't POSSIBLY be saying that Amare and Diaw should have been left of the hook. How serious would that be?

I agree. But I still wouldn't underestimate the factor of the shorthanded team stepping up. So even though the Spurs will play their best, the Suns will step up definitely. Will that be enough, I think not, but I wouldn't be THAT surprised if it was.

execuetive director in the NBA was on espn this morning a came out and said tim duncan will not get suspended because there was no altercation at the time he came onto the court.

Bruce Bowen won't be disciplined for the knee because they are considering it a repositionment of his leg which he is allowed to do under the rule.

Btw, I know Horry looks like he didn't actually do much, but he HAD to know how fast Nash was going and if he pushed him even slightly it was going to end in a tragedy. HE HAD TO KNOW.

Hm I'm watching the video again and again and I'm starting to think I saw something wrongly there. Amare actually never went AFTER HORRY. So I think only Diaw should've gotten a suspension. Hard call though.
"During an altercation, all players not participating in the game must remain in the immediate vicinity of their bench. Violators will be suspended, without pay, for a minimum of one game and fined up to $35,000." - NBA Rule 12-A-VII-c

yeah I know but still, they shouldn't have suspended him now when I look at it. Diaw yes, but not Amare. I know rules are rules but come on, Horry was the culprit here, and the Suns are the ones getting punished.

I got the total at 200.5 this morn. under.

If the Suns shoot better without amare and diaw, then I lose. but I think the spurs win without topping 100.

they're down to a 6man rotation + jones and maybe burke on the inside. Timmy vs burke?

joke.

I got the total at 200.5 this morn. under.

If the Suns shoot better without amare and diaw, then I lose. but I think the spurs win without topping 100.

they're down to a 6man rotation + jones and maybe burke on the inside. Timmy vs burke?

joke.

I think the last part of what you wrote is the why you should be less inclined to play the under. Duncan will score at will tonight or pass out of double teams to wide open teammates. On the flip side the Suns are going to be playing Warrior basketball with Marion, Bell, Barbosa and Nash on the court all night. I see the Suns pushing the ball more tonight than they have all postseason.

I see the Suns pushing the ball more tonight than they have all postseason.

Right, but conversely don't you see the Spurs playing as slow as humanly possible tonight? Why wouldn't they.

If I'm the Spurs, and I know I can pretty much get a shot from the paint or a foul every trip down the floor, I walk the ball up and play that game. Let the Suns take their low percentage shots and try to run, I'll take my high percentage shots and go to the line for freebies.

It's kind of the tortoise and the hare argument and if you're the Spurs, you want the slow inside game because you want Suns taking fouls every trip down the floor. If you can do that, by the middle of the third quarter they're going to have to be pulling people from courtside just to put five bodies on the floor.

Jpicks, that would be the case if the tempo gets pushed up, but I don't believe it will. The spurs' guards get back on D too well to allow thw pace to shoot up, and the joke will be in the last 5 seconds of every spurs possession.

I think the 3pters won't go down for the suns - there's no one that requires a doubleteam, so they'll all stay glued to the shooter's dick with their knees. contested 3s all night will equal 30%...maybe worse, but likely no better.

I figure the spurs win in the 90s...and they'll stifle the suns with their D.

in short, I think the spurs will dictate tempo.

....or I could be completely wrong.

apparently I wasn't completely wrong for the first time in about a week.

Spurs shooting slump in the 1H surprised me...

congrats under/spurs backers.

:shake:

Red, JP, nice call fellas. Certainly wasn't the game I expected. I won't be surprised if the rest of the games play out in similar fashion.

I think amare and diaw being in the game changes things more than a bit....we'll see. but they tried running the pick and roll with kurt, and it worked what....1 out of 5 times or so. With amare, it'll be much more reliable.

but let's give the suns D some credit too....13pt 1Q & 33pt 1H is pretty damned impressive.

I think I read that Pop is 7 -1 in games 5 when the series was 2 -2.

Back