So, after one quarter of the season, what have we learned so far?

Defensive Yards per Game Allowed vs Time of Possession Ranks
Jax #1 in YGP, #11 in TOP
Balt #2/#5
Wash #3/#2
Chi #4/#4
DALLAS #5/#27
GB #6/#7
SEATTLE #7/#26
Det #8/#8
LAR #9/#12
Phil #10/#1

here is something I learned (actually confirmed) from yesterday. If you have an NFL coach that doesn't have the IQ equivalency level of a rock, you AUTOMATICALLY have to factor that into your handicapping. Honestly, I'm at the point where I am going to make a Power Rankings chart for NFL head coaches based on some of these intangibles.

McVay vs. an average head coach is probably a 4-5 point advantage. Put him against a dumbfuck like Wilkes (who saved all 3 TO in both halves for whatever reason), and it's more like an 8 to 10 point advantage.

If you're not taking coaching into your capping, then you're making a major mistake.

McCarthy and Tomlin are guys who make HORRENDOUS in game decisions and get away with it because they have star QB. Look no further than Jeff Fisher to Sean McVay to see how important coaching is. Look at Nagy in Chicago and a team that easily could be 4-0 right now.

The scope of every rule is centered around the offense...if you're out there trying to run an offense from the Red Grange era, you're going to get squashed like a bug on a windshield. See my shitbag New York Jets as an example. Or the hapless New York Giants as another example. No certifiable game plan whatsoever on offense. No ability to make adjustments whatsoever in game or at halftime.

This league is just a video game at this point. There are very few outliers right now. It's either score and pray you can outscore your opponent.

Team like the Ravens are so far oppo what the league is right now with all of their 3 TE sets and such...plus their secondary which gets a huge piece back. I am going to see what kind of futures I can get on them to win the AFC, because they're winning that division and the way they play aren't going to be out of any game this season barring colossal injuries on D.

agree with everything

Defense is 100% solid.. love the ravens/Browns under 47, as much as you can love a under these days! Lol

I would've said that before I just watched them give up 45 to an Oakland team that is the oldest in the league. The 100% solid comment. Tend to agree, but no so confident anymore...especially with Brown now being a weapon Flacco isn't afraid to bomb it to and Baker being not so careful with the football. On the fence, myself.

I would've said that before I just watched them give up 45 to an Oakland team that is the oldest in the league. The 100% solid comment. Tend to agree, but no so confident anymore...especially with Brown now being a weapon Flacco isn't afraid to bomb it to and Baker being not so careful with the football. On the fence, myself.

Yea that Oakland game def was odd, I’ve choose to think of it as a outlier that if anything helped us get this total here. I was at bar and pretty hammered by the afternoon games so really didn’t get to watch, been meaning to find replay but havnt done so yet. Someone told me Baker really put the D in bad spots, I’d think they would work on toning that down this week, he has to understand if he doesn’t put d in bad spots they will get the ball back!!

I loved ravens getting brown, knew Flacco would be great for him, just a matter if he can stay healthy which so far so good.. I’m sure he will hit them for a big play or 2 which he did last week and still only lead to ravens scoring 26 on steelers pathetic defense. Deep down I think Harbaugh wants to be a tough physical team and will not abandon the run game even if it not going well. I feel like the reason flucco been throwing it 40+ times a game been more situational than that being what they want to do.,even w all the passes they still 5th in top.

Feels to me like a game if ravens can get to 23 they will take it.

Raiders defense is better than I expected it would be but the offense is just a pile of dung.

Back