Skibum Week 3

Nycskibum81

Season Results:
Week: 1 4-3
Week: 2 6-0
Season: 10-3

Lets try to avoid falling back down to earth...

Week 3 card so far:

Okie State -13.5
Coastal Carolina -1.5
Notre Dame -13.5
Tulane +35
Ole Miss -3.5
Stanford -9

Just noticed the "ski bum" in your name. I've been a ski bum most of my life--a Tahoe version of ski bum--and expect to continue to be one for the rest of my life so I'm always interested in finding out the story of another one.

Where do you do most of your skiing?

Just noticed the "ski bum" in your name. I've been a ski bum most of my life--a Tahoe version of ski bum--and expect to continue to be one for the rest of my life so I'm always interested in finding out the story of another one.

Where do you do most of your skiing?

I'm living in Denver Metro now with a kid and another on the way so most of my skiing these days is Summit County/Vail. My folks and my brother and his kids all live in Breckenridge so end up there most often. Great town, better than average skiing.

The seasons I was truly bumming (100+ days) were 08/09 in Crested Butte in and 14/15 in Mammoth.

I'm jealous, Tahoe is awesome. My wife is from CA and so Tahoe is one of the few places we can agree on for future retirement. Hell of a season you guys had last year. Where do you spend most of your time North lake/South lake?

That early morning UCLA -3 is so tempting, must resist.

I'm going to need to lock my phone in a drawer between now and tomorrow morning.

I live on the Northshore, Nycskibum. Ski mainly at Squaw and Alpine Meadows--they are combined into one area now--but I ski all the other dozen or so areas at Tahoe at least a time or two during the season. Great season this year. All the areas had at least 60 feet of snow and Mt. Rose had more than 70 feet. When we get that much snow all the canyons that are usually too rocky to ski fill up with snow and open up a ton of new terrain.

I go to Mammoth just about every year and ski for a few days. Best place I've ever skied for wind-packed powder. Mammoth was just sold for $365 million to a corporation as the ski industry continues to consolidate. Now you can buy a ski pass at Mammoth and ski any time at Aspen, Squaw, Snowmass or any of the areas owned by the corporation.

Back