Since May 27th, what team has the best starting pitching staff?

Hawaiiguy

Big Kahuna
23 starts, in terms of ERA....

When I heard the answer I was pretty stunned, although I have been touting the sleeper stud of this staff.

I went back and checked, the results are pretty amazing......

11 of the 23 starts, the starters gave up 1 ER or less, unfuggingbelievable

:searching:

Last edited:
I was messin. I already spent 15 mins looking and have yet to come up with it.

Hints please HG. Which league?

I was messin. I already spent 15 mins looking and have yet to come up with it.

Hints please HG. Which league?
yeah, i know, just pouring over the numbers myself, can't believe the numbers.....just edited my first post.....11 of 23 starts, the starters gave up 1 ER or less, four shut down starts......almost 5 times through the order and just one bad quality start.....no hints, lol.....

Here are the ER's allowed:

1, 1, 4, 2, 3, 0, 0, 3, 1, 0, 6, 2, 3, 1, 1, 1, 2, 0, 2, 3, 2, 1, 2

Too tired to add up innings pitched and calculate ERA, but most starts offhand the starter went 7 innings......

Just sent you a PM hint.....will be up for another 15 minutes, PM me your answer, let the board think about this one tomorrow....

i can only think of one where they got hit around, but still won, against the Giants last week

milwaukee

and then i also believe their bullpen has an era of close to 6 during this same stretch....

Last edited:
Def HOuston.

But KC, Atlanta, and Seattle have also been very good during that time period.

Houston has gone 13-10 during this stretch.

In their 10 losses, the offense failed to score more than 2 runs.

If this team had some offense, a 20-3 run would have been easy.....

In several of my posts I touted Jordan Lyles.........Watch out for him....

Eric stults for san diego......on a 10 straight under streak in games he started....
I got Stults completely wrong. Never believed in him, his stuff is mediocre at best....burned a hole in my wallet.

Add Harrel's 1 ER allowed to the 24 game streak...

Give the Houston Pitching Coach, Manager of the Year.

Astros rotation has really turned around..

Harrell and bedard are much better lately.

Norris is a legitimate ace.. Lyles has been really good..

I have a huge invest on the season wins under.. now not looking so good.
I was gonna say that wait till they break em up, and you will see them fall apart again, but....

I turn on MLB TV and they were talking about the Astros.

At a $22 million dollar payroll and their "Stars" Altuve and Norris tied up long term and making less than $3 million a year, Houston would not break up this team.

Not only can they afford this whole roster, they have so much money they can add. For any young player, they would ask for over market value since they have no reason to get rid of anyone.

They still suck though, so don't get too worried yet. Hopefully, in the second half, they call up every minor leaguer they have for playing time.

Back