Silky's Week 2 Diamonds

Silkydiamonds

Imma sip this tea
Its week 2 folks :D

NW -13
Texas -7

And will jump Florida when it creeps under 3 again & liking Houston too.

Writeups still a few weeks away, but here's where Im at now. Lil mad to have missed some openers but oh well. Good luck folks AND................

Hate, congratulate, pontificate or extrapolate. Just.........PARTICIPATE!

Lean a bit NW myself. If they can continue to play that well on the road, they will be a great ATS investment all season. They believe that they can win the Big 10. We'll see.
GL this week,

nice number on NW, should be favored by much more, surprised BM hasn't released that line yet

Obviously going forward the concern with NW will be the secondary but Cuse isn't a likely opponent to exploit that.

Good luck. On Tejas as well

like it alot - seeing it the same way buddy - i locked in florida @ 2.5

I like it

thanks hope it works out

Obviously going forward the concern with NW will be the secondary but Cuse isn't a likely opponent to exploit that.

Good luck. On Tejas as well

i think right now Cuse is a dead team walking, zombie like. NW's 2ndary took a hit they couldn't afford losing Daniel Jones for the season. As you say though Cuse isn't really built to exploit that though. Fitzgerald is 1 smart coach and think he will force Cuse to tip it's hand early & then keep the ball on the ground away from Cuse.

nice number on NW, should be favored by much more, surprised BM hasn't released that line yet

Yeah, I think the problem comes that if NW scores too quick & puts Cuse in a position of going all out in the air vs that 2ndary while game is in hand early, some sneak scores turn a 24pt blowout into a 10 Ballgame late. Kinda tricky

Def agree w/TX

as long as BYU can't pass they are fade material.

'an_horse'

my man 50grand

Gl lil buddy

You know you're my Jewish brother from another mother.

Get that September Heater fired up, bro!!

Have a great Week 2 and let's get some wins.

Im just trying to survive Sept lol. Thanks for always making me smile

I lean Florida also. They didn't put up a lot of points but their offense was better than I expected.

elbutre ... just avoid getting middled where brown wins but doesn't cover,

The more I look at nw game the better the nw side looks.

fau wasn't incompetent offensively against Miami ..so if florida cannot moveit some here thn we know they are just the same horrid offeive team they were last year.

fau wasn't incompetent offensively against Miami ..so if florida cannot moveit some here thn we know they are just the same horrid offeive team they were last year.

that's my fear w/mack. he'd do that to me if he could.

I lean Florida also. They didn't put up a lot of points but their offense was better than I expected.

I look & I see Driskel completed 77% of his passes & no INTs. Then I see ypa at 7. Granted against Toledo, but that is showing me is Pease giving Driskel short easy to make passes designed to keep the O on schedule. Pease could have easily dialed up a few more high risk high reward type throws vs in reality a poor defense. He didnt, and says something to me. Says to me Pease has made abundantly clear that he wants efficiency from Driskel & it appears Jeff has bought into it. Small sample size I know, but when a superior team has the opportunity to get live reps, they tend to pad stats or focus on identity. We just saw Florida focus on what they want to be. Efficient! And I love it, because Boise (where Pease comes from), when that offense was unstoppable was when they were extremely efficient.

ugh. my horns traveling to provo? i'm just bein a mack-hater, can't see this one straight.

noone in Austin will publicly admit this, but id lay pounds to dollars they spent more time on BYU & Ole Miss in the last month than they did NMST. From what I did see, they basically told the offense "here's a ball, go be athletic". Falling squarely in the second group I mentioned above. The go pad your stats group. Going to Provo is never fun & I'm sure Bronco lit a fire in those asses. But no matter how hard you try, you can't make a pig lay eggs lol. As long as BYU can't pass, they go into almost every game down 6. All we need is UT to get the other 1.

miami even with sick video game like numbers Duke was putting up STILL only converted 28.5% on 3rd. Stephen Morris completed 55% of his passes @ 5.9ypa against 8 man boxes & future National Car rental reps in the 2ndary. And that's the GOOD part of the Miami team supposedly. What happens when they meet UF & maybe a top 5 D? Turnovers is what's gonna happen, which is the best thing that can happen to the UF offense. Think UF takes advantage of the poor Miami Defense running the ball & asking Driskel to make some short easy passes. The X factor is all those 3rd downs Miami won't convert leads to Purifoy getting PR attempts. And I'd bet homie wants to make an impact.

Im still digging into Florida/Miami game. My problem in capping is Florida is so damn conservative. Even if Miami's defense is poor, how much is Florida going to exploit that? They just don't ask anything of Driskell making any type of tough throws. Also, Floridas defense is young and they may have trouble with the play action with all the focus on Duke.

Im leaning Miami at this point, but not enough to make a play.

Talk to me about Houston Silk. Heavy lean to Temple +130 and would like to see the other side of things

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/6y3LHJZSR5o?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Talk to me about Houston Silk. Heavy lean to Temple +130 and would like to see the other side of things

I have serious misgivings with regard to Temple's ability to stop the pass & don't know if they can run the ball well enough to hide that awful passing game. If Temple can continuouslyove the chains on the ground & eat clock they could cover. But everytime they give the ball back to Houston, they run the high risk of being down points & then having themselves to pass to get back. Basically if Temple gets down TD+, it's good night Irene. Houston hardly has a great defense at all, but Temple had very small margin of error. If they don't completely own the TOP & score when they posses it. Houston will make them pay

Sort of Miss St Okla St the JV version with obvious caveats, cuz Houston aint got a JV version of Ok St Defense. But the general keys in that game apply here I think

Last edited:
Im still digging into Florida/Miami game. My problem in capping is Florida is so damn conservative. Even if Miami's defense is poor, how much is Florida going to exploit that? They just don't ask anything of Driskell making any type of tough throws. Also, Floridas defense is young and they may have trouble with the play action with all the focus on Duke.

Im leaning Miami at this point, but not enough to make a play.

my thing here is, I think Florida is the faster, bigger, more physical team. Miami has tons of potential & explosion but I don't think they have the size to stop Florida in the 2nd half. I think it the pounding takes a toll later. 4yd runs become 12yd runs and clock gets chewed.

I have serious misgivings with regard to Temple's ability to stop the pass & don't know if they can run the ball well enough to hide that awful passing game. If Temple can continuouslyove the chains on the ground & eat clock they could cover. But everytime they give the ball back to Houston, they run the high risk of being down points & then having themselves to pass to get back. Basically if Temple gets down TD+, it's good night Irene. Houston hardly has a great defense at all, but Temple had very small margin of error. If they don't completely own the TOP & score when they posses it. Houston will make them pay

Sort of Miss St Okla St the JV version with obvious caveats, cuz Houston aint got a JV version of Ok St Defense. But the general keys in that game apply here I think

Agree with you that Houston's offense is more impressive, but I have Temple's defense a bit higher than you. I also see them being able to have success running the ball, moving chains and keeping the Cougs offense on the bench.

Agree with you that Houston's offense is more impressive, but I have Temple's defense a bit higher than you. I also see them being able to have success running the ball, moving chains and keeping the Cougs offense on the bench.

Notice I haven't played it yet lol. Good luck with what you play on it tho

I need to know what Silkette's leans are but your card looks good so far buddy. Nice job Week 1 and BOL on Week 2.

Like FL for all the reasons you mentioned. I think they will be a decent under team this year but I could see some points in this game as I think Miami may give up a couple short fields while they are explosive enough on offense to surprise with a few long plays.

Always love the stuff I can learn in your threads silk.

I was waiting until I could add something to the discussion to post.

I am liking Houston too on first glance and am starting to get into it.

First off Piland pretty good, but he wasn't great on the road last year. At ECU he was only 43%, but did have 4-1 ratio. At SMU he was 60%, but 0-2 ratio. Rice was neutral and he was pretty good 60% and 2-1 there. UCLA doesn't apply I don't think and he didn't play at Marshall. Houston was 0-4 in true road games if you include UCLA and some of the losses were pretty bad. He was much better on the road in 2010 (RS in '11) with a 15-5 ratio and 60%, although the game vs Memphis greatly aided those numbers.

Even if Piland is overall better at home and vs weak defenses, I still have to like Houston O potential. The OL is pretty decent, however 2 year starting G Cloud has been out (26 total starts). Even without him, only one guy is a first time starter this year (Sims) and he played in 12 last year. 3 of the starters have been recognized with honorable mention or frosh AA at some point in their careers. Combined the guys currently listed as starters have 70 starts between them, they are pretty veteran unit.

Sims and Peace are obviously gone, but I think UH still ok here. Sims was injured at times last year and top 2 guys now (Farrow and Jackson) actually combined for more carries than Sims in '12. Not sure what to take from the Southern game, but Jackson had 120y and Farrow 97y. And even without last year's #1 WR Peace, they still have two very fine WRs in Greenberry and Spencer who combined for 88 catches (Greenberry only 3 less targets than Peace and Spencer had 74 targets). Do they have a #3 WR? Maxwell was that dude vs Southern, a senior who started the final 5 last year, but only caught 10 balls.

So offensively, the Houston O should still be in good hands. How will they fair vs Temple D? ND did have 4 passes go for over 30 yards (one a short pass that Jones broke big) and Rees was 16-23-346-3-0. Temple D didn't stop or slow many last year as LV had their most yards vs Temple D (not surprisingly), but Pitt and UConn racked up their second most yards and Army, Cincy, Rutgers and Penn St all had 2nd or 3rd best yardage outputs and opponents converted 44% on 3rd down. Temple rush D was and pass eff D were worst in Big East and they only got 4 INTs 2012, although they were a decent sacking team (2.27 pg). Collectively the D wasn't good, but 2nd year LB Matakevich still playing with hair on fire.

Both teams have youth, Temple played 13 frosh last week (9 true)...Houston played 7.

I know Houston D is bad and Temple did some good things on O vs ND, but I haven't got that far yet.

Silk - I tore apart that HOU/Temple game and I'm off it entirely for what its worth. Too many question marks on both sides, but don't let my initial lean keep you off Hou if you like them. GL

Adding OkSt -26.5

They got Lamar next b4 league play starts. The next 2 games are about working out the kinks in the new version of this offense with more QB running. Gundy loves big numbers & I'm sure he wants to work on the passing game these next 2wks to have it right. OSU will put up 50+ where is UTSA gonna get pts? Garbage time. The cowboys are going in to San Antone wiping their dirty boots on UTSA's couch, kicking their dogs & humping their women

52-10

which yes means I like it to go over & I might play that too

Silk - I tore apart that HOU/Temple game and I'm off it entirely for what its worth. Too many question marks on both sides, but don't let my initial lean keep you off Hou if you like them. GL

i still like Hou but when you show doubts, I listen. Gonna study a lil more on it.

GL Silk...think I lean UF's way myself and can't disagree with the others at this points

when Linde ain't against you, there's a pride that a man feels. And I'm not BSibg about that, you're someone who's opinion has gravity with me.

Keep it goin again this week, Silk... On all those as well this week. GL to us!

:shake:

1wk at a time Karl, hope it continues.

I need to know what Silkette's leans are but your card looks good so far buddy. Nice job Week 1 and BOL on Week 2.

Like FL for all the reasons you mentioned. I think they will be a decent under team this year but I could see some points in this game as I think Miami may give up a couple short fields while they are explosive enough on offense to surprise with a few long plays.

This version of Silkette doesn't get handicapping at all, thinks it's dumb. That's why im marrying her lol

gl silky diamonds from the sky

my man Hunt, can't wait to talk ingame trading with ya

I mean 10pts vs Bama is like 24pts vs a normal team. wcu vs a normal FBS let's say Illy is what? -20 at least right?

still thinking tho

I mean 10pts vs Bama is like 24pts vs a normal team. wcu vs a normal FBS let's say Illy is what? -20 at least right?

still thinking tho

about -23 rite now id say at illy. u hit GT perfect last week, gl this week on tha crossover plays

still thinking tho

Just remember it was 1 77 yard td run. They had 7 first downs, 5-26 passing for 59 yards. 32 rushes for 75 yards outside long run.

Thomas has regressed from 2 years ago and as importantly he has zero receiving options. It's the worst set of FBS WRers I've seen.

Well, congrats if that's the case haha (whether it's in advance or if you already decided to take the plunge).

thanks bro! We having a lil Silky next week, if he doesn't come early.

Just remember it was 1 77 yard td run. They had 7 first downs, 5-26 passing for 59 yards. 32 rushes for 75 yards outside long run.

Thomas has regressed from 2 years ago and as importantly he has zero receiving options. It's the worst set of FBS WRers I've seen.

I saw & understand that, but 77yds vs Bama has gotta be like 140 vs a normal FBS, which is like 220 vs a team like WCU. Logan scares the shit outta me no doubt. But that VT defense will get the ball back alot for the O. And when the floodgates open, there should be a few more 77yd runs. After a loss that I'm sure the team thought should have been closer & a QB who knows he looked like shit, the best remedy is to punk the hell out of a overmatched team. I think VT knows they went toe toe physically with the best team in the nation. Now they are gonna wanna physically hurt ppl. On the other side if WCU gets no early success, those physical beatings mixed with the mental disappointment starts making kids not wanna fill the hole, take on blocks or get hit.

but obviously I haven't pulled the trigger yet lol. Last time VT lost a big season opener (Boise) they followed with a str8 up loss to JMU. So I have some concern. Just mulling really

Back