Silky's Week 2 2014 CFB Diamonds

Silkydiamonds

Imma sip this tea
Welp ladies & gents week 1 was fun right? Made just 5 plays,but what I lacked in quantity I made up for in quality. I didnt try to get too cute & make plays that would seem "genius" afterwards. I just stuck to finding good plays at good numbers. Personally I need that at the beginning of each season while I develop the data that helps me for later on. Looks like I'll be following that format this week as well. 4-7 plays, but 4-7 really good plays I hope.

Anyways last weeks results (if you want recap just ask, otherwise it is what it is):

Miss st -30.5 WIN

ODU -25 LOSS
Bay -33 WIN
Col St +3 WIN
AZ/UNLV o60 WIN
4-1 +3u

Did you watch any of ODU game? I looked at box score and they didn't seem too impressive. I wouldn't think their passing attack takes a step back with Heinecke and maybe they just weren't focused. That said, I could see their defense being scary bad again

GL this week Silk

Didnt have a chance to watch the game live, hoping to get some sort of cutup for future purposes. Just from the box looks like Hampton had a field day passing & therefore kept possession of the ball (actually led TOP slightly). ODU scored TDs everytime they had it save for of course back to back INT drives & 2 punts. Appears there was some emphasis on balance by ODU in this game (36 rushes 40 passes). What scares me is something you make mention of, is defensively if they can allow Hampton to have that sort of day it doesnt bode well for them. Maybe they'll fix it up some, dont really know but they better.

ODUs offense was productive as usual. I think they had 2 punts and 2 turnovers. The first turnover was after 25 yards in penalties and Heinicke just threw ball up. Second one was on fourth down. We actually led 28-7 with 1 min left in half and getting ball first in Second half, but let Hampton drive down and score a TD on 4th down. I think oDU covers with a stop there. We had to replace 3 starters in the line and starting LT was out; backup LTs were awful (including 20 yards in penalties back to back plays). Also have a bunch of WRs to replace and it's clearly going to take time to get that position up to speed with a bunch of freshman.

I dont know know what happened on defense? Was it heat related or just trying to get a gauge in guys because we rotated pretty much 3 deep at every position. Outside of that, we also played a two deep zone vs a QB that couldn't push the ball 20 yards downfield. The plays they made we were screens on blitzes and also a couple shirt passes where they broke tackles. Front 7 actually looked better than it has in 2-3 years, much faster with a better pass rush. Were we playing zone in antipicipation of facing ANC state?

We are still so young and sometimes I just scratch my head and what the defense is doing.

Did you watch any of ODU game? I looked at box score and they didn't seem too impressive. I wouldn't think their passing attack takes a step back with Heinecke and maybe they just weren't focused. That said, I could see their defense being scary bad again

GL this week Silk

Thoughts on ODU catching 16 @ NC State this week.

Welp ladies & gents week 1 was fun right? Made just 5 plays,but what I lacked in quantity I made up for in quality. I didnt try to get too cute & make plays that would seem "genius" afterwards. I just stuck to finding good plays at good numbers. Personally I need that at the beginning of each season while I develop the data that helps me for later on. Looks like I'll be following that format this week as well. 4-7 plays, but 4-7 really good plays I hope.

Anyways last weeks results (if you want recap just ask, otherwise it is what it is):

Miss st -30.5 WIN

ODU -25 LOSS
Bay -33 WIN
Col St +3 WIN
AZ/UNLV o60 WIN
4-1 +3u
my man great work silky bol this week keep that money train rolling

I was the mush.

Nahhh man, that game the more I look was really weird & can't figure it out.

ODUs offense was productive as usual. I think they had 2 punts and 2 turnovers. The first turnover was after 25 yards in penalties and Heinicke just threw ball up. Second one was on fourth down. We actually led 28-7 with 1 min left in half and getting ball first in Second half, but let Hampton drive down and score a TD on 4th down. I think oDU covers with a stop there. We had to replace 3 starters in the line and starting LT was out; backup LTs were awful (including 20 yards in penalties back to back plays). Also have a bunch of WRs to replace and it's clearly going to take time to get that position up to speed with a bunch of freshman.

I dont know know what happened on defense? Was it heat related or just trying to get a gauge in guys because we rotated pretty much 3 deep at every position. Outside of that, we also played a two deep zone vs a QB that couldn't push the ball 20 yards downfield. The plays they made we were screens on blitzes and also a couple shirt passes where they broke tackles. Front 7 actually looked better than it has in 2-3 years, much faster with a better pass rush. Were we playing zone in antipicipation of facing ANC state?

We are still so young and sometimes I just scratch my head and what the defense is doing.

im gonna lean on you about ODU this year. Good info

GL this week like always silky

:cheers3:

id defer to Dollaz on that one but honestly I wouldn't trust NcSt to lay more than a TD to anyone. That's a bad team

my man great work silky bol this week keep that money train rolling

Last week's winner often turns into this week's loser. 1 week at a time in this gig & short memory. Good luck this week D8!

Nice start Silk.

#makebank

My man!

Keep 'er rollin' hoe.

GL

Just hope I ain't in this same spot next week making excuses :( that would suck. GL this year Steed

Nice start silk. Keep it going week 2.

1week at a time, hopefully avoid the really bad weeks & find some good consistency

x2

I bet ODU off SD VK and maybe someone else

Either way,

Winnas

signed Winnas

ehh, that game was weird, but hell I thought it was a good solid move. Knew I was fucked when I saw 25 get to 23. Sometimes waiting hurts sometimes it gives time to get more info. There will be more like that, but hope to be on the other side more

oklahoma -24.5 another shitty number, but OU L3 vs Tulsa avg mov 36.3. Worried they play Tenny next week but it seems big game Bob loves thumping Tulsa.

i like that OU bet, bad number be damned. bob is gonna run it up on tulsa, and his team has the talent to win by 40

I try not to be a homer and call it like I see it. It was a very disappointing effort against Hampton. As important, the players were really disappointed in a double digit victory so I think they know they are expecting better out of the team.

It sounds like the LT will be out again which is a big loss. The other 4 spots along the OL seemed to play fairly well, though it's against a much smaller defensive front that what NC State has. That's the biggest fear for me is handling that defensive line of NC State. That and our WRs getting in synch with Heinicke (WRs running wrong route depth at times) The offensive line did a lot better run blocking than what I've seen in a while and we have a talented group of running backs. Hopefully that takes some pressure off the QB. It seems to me the NC State secondary is pretty weak, if that's the case, we should have some success through the air.

Defense is still a question mark though. Biggest weaknesses are lack of pass rush (from base package) and linebackers in coverage. From the little bit I saw, it appears NC State runs a lot of miss direction plays and really mixes it up. I've long questioned the discipline of our defense and that's one of the reasons we've been so poor vs. the triple option in the past. We get a starting OLB back and I've never seen him play so I hope he's better in coverage.

I did bet ODU at +16 bc of how poor NC State has been and I don't see how they lay double digits to anyone in FBS. Im hoping the line is just an overreaction to a rather poor game from ODU and a comeback from NC State (who should have been down 27-10 and the game would have been over. As I pointed out earlier, I do think one play was the difference in ODU naming their score and the outcome. (Hampton was down and out, that 4th down either deflates them or gives them momentum into the 2H. Still, I think ODU's problems were self inflicted and I expect some improvement in game 2. My heart says they correct issues and come out ahead.

Silk .. thinking about unt myself .. your reasoning when you get a chance

My 2 cents:

UNT is very good at home under McCarthey. He's resurrected home field there. UNT is still a bowl caliber team, and I think me and Silk agree that SMU is on a crashing downhill slide. SMU's d line didn't look too bad against baylor's o line vs the run, but regardless UNT should be able to run the ball here and I'm sure SMU will turn it over often.

CC, I think Hammer nailed it (rimshot)!

but also take a look at the UNT roster, specifically the Jrs & Srs. There's a lot of Dallas area kids that SMU thumbed their nose at. Now look at SMU's roster they got a lot of kids outside Dallas & outside of Texas. There's a lot of pissed off UNT kids that weren't "good enough" for JJ. Now lil brother is better and I'm sure some want to stick it to JJ.

my big concern is if SMU doesn't win this game there ain't many chances left. USF, Memphis, & @UCONN (doubt this). So JJ may go balls to the wall to try and get what on the surface is 1 of the most winnable games they have

Pegged this at 64-66.5 & told myself anything outside of it I'd play. So no huge advantage here but certainly outside where I placed it

That looks extremely generous to me.

Good luck Silky. Keep it going after nice week 1.:cigarguy: :tiphat:

ECU/Sakerlina o63 is for how much Silky?

always 1unit unless I see something I think I have a REAL advantage on or if I've gone temporarily insane. Lol GL

That looks extremely generous to me.

Good luck Silky. Keep it going after nice week 1.:cigarguy: :tiphat:

thanks for dropping by Bull, I think it's a bit too much too.

Good luck to ya young man.

UNT home is a good play and I concur the thoughts that this may be SMU's only chance.
Even tho that Apogee stadium is a booger for an old man to navigate.

Good luck to ya young man.

UNT home is a good play and I concur the thoughts that this may be SMU's only chance.
Even tho that Apogee stadium is a booger for an old man to navigate.

Glad u u stopped by sir! Would like to get some of ur TX HS info tho

In discussing the ncstate game ... afraid the ODU defense is a tad worse than Ga Southern ... may be too many if odu has that good offense they have been sporting against lesser competition but pretty sure ncstate puts up a number in that game. In fact .. very certain. If you like ODU I would think TT or game over is a better way to back the idea ... Fwiw.

In discussing the ncstate game ... afraid the ODU defense is a tad worse than Ga Southern ... may be too many if odu has that good offense they have been sporting against lesser competition but pretty sure ncstate puts up a number in that game. In fact .. very certain. If you like ODU I would think TT or game over is a better way to back the idea ... Fwiw.

You are probably right. I don't think the issue from ODU's defense is a lack of talent though, it's just discipline and I just always look at it like they are correctable errors. (probably ends up hurting me in the end :) This past week I don't feel like they schemed Hampton very well and there are a couple reasons why they might not have. 1) Hampton had a new coach 2)They may have viewed Hampton as a scrimmage game. Vs. Hampton, they played 3 deep zone, but the linebackers didn't get proper depth time and time again and Hampton was able to exploit. Man to man, I though the defense looed a lot stronger and faster than the past 2 years. Whenever they manned up with Hamptons WRs, the corners did a very good job and the front 4 was able to create 6 sacks and 4 turnovers.

My point is they have some errors to fix this week. They are fixable, but its a young team with a lot of inexperienced guys sot he question remains if they are correctable in a short amount of time.

I do think we will see points either way though. I think the improved running game of ODU will help out their inexperienced wide receiving core and Im not impressed with NC States secondary. I do fear what their DL will be able to do though.

Hope you have a great season bro :cheers3:

Thanks bro & the same to you.

silky my man bol this week great job

My main man!! Let's get paid

not playing it but def agree.

You are probably right. I don't think the issue from ODU's defense is a lack of talent though, it's just discipline and I just always look at it like they are correctable errors. (probably ends up hurting me in the end :) This past week I don't feel like they schemed Hampton very well and there are a couple reasons why they might not have. 1) Hampton had a new coach 2)They may have viewed Hampton as a scrimmage game. Vs. Hampton, they played 3 deep zone, but the linebackers didn't get proper depth time and time again and Hampton was able to exploit. Man to man, I though the defense looed a lot stronger and faster than the past 2 years. Whenever they manned up with Hamptons WRs, the corners did a very good job and the front 4 was able to create 6 sacks and 4 turnovers.

My point is they have some errors to fix this week. They are fixable, but its a young team with a lot of inexperienced guys sot he question remains if they are correctable in a short amount of time.

I do think we will see points either way though. I think the improved running game of ODU will help out their inexperienced wide receiving core and Im not impressed with NC States secondary. I do fear what their DL will be able to do though.

Thanks for all you bring Dollaz, I promise this info turns into an advantage for everyone.

Silk:

I don't know if I have stopped by in a while. I shud just remember to tail you all year. Best of it to you.

I keep track following you on twitter.

Silk:

I don't know if I have stopped by in a while. I shud just remember to tail you all year. Best of it to you.

I keep track following you on twitter.

Bones I hope I haven't scared you off with my lefty tweets lol. Send me a tweet lemme know who you are on there, and as always, All the best!! :cheers3:

Thinking about how much fun it would be to have an early-season AND a mid-season heater ... squirrel ... oh, and best of luck today with your plays, amigo. I'll be traveling today but will listen to some scoreboard shows and maybe a live game or two (Thank you satellite radio ... :prayer).

Thanks for all you bring Dollaz, I promise this info turns into an advantage for everyone.

Thats my hope.

Right now now im hearing a lot of love for NC state inside the ODU complex. I don't know what that means bc they are a bad team.

I do think ODU held some stuff back this past week and I see the Freshman Lowe getting a lot more involved this week.

This is is a game I'm really up in the air about the closer it gets. ODU OL and linebackers will be the key. If they do adequate in those two areas, they may pull out straight up victory.

​VT +11 WIN
Boise -11.5 WIN
ULaLa -12.5 LOSS
North Texas -3 WIN
oklahoma -24.5 WIN
SoCar/ECU o63 LOSS

Wk 2: 4-2

Overall: 8-3 | +4.7u | 72.7%

Dare I say early season heater territory?
:popcorn:

Nice work brother....keep it up.

If you can, throw any added games in the top screen as the week goes on so we don't miss em.

Back