Should this be allowed?

Kramer

Assistant to the Traveling Secretary
In a league in which I am the commissioner two teams have agreed to a trade which on the surface is fair. However next week they plan on trading the players back to each other.

Thoughts?

What's the point of the trade then if it's not blatant collusion?

Strange...what's the trade if you don't mind?

That's the definition of colluding, which is really the only reason a trade should be overturned.

Basically, I am guessing they are trying to gain an advantage on the rest of your league which benefits them. For example, one team is weak on RB this week (e.g., Charles is out) and the other team is weak at WR (e.g., Jeffrey) and the other team is strong at that position, but neither team wants to lose their guys long term. They help each other this week to the detriment of the rest of the league. If its anything like that scenario I think it should be vetoed.

Very strange scenario for sure.

I think the purpose of Gordon was to even it out from a roster size perspective. Knowing the teams involved I don't think they are trying to collude in the true sense of the word. I think they each feel these specific players make their specific trams better for this week. I guess that being said, is that still collusion?

I think the purpose of Gordon was to even it out from a roster size perspective. Knowing the teams involved I don't think they are trying to collude in the true sense of the word. I think they each feel these specific players make their specific trams better for this week. I guess that being said, is that still collusion?

I think so, because it hurts the rest of the league. No different than 2 teams agreeing at the beginning of the season to help each other fill the bye weeks all season by swapping players throughout the year. It gives them an advantage at the expense of the rest of your league.

I am guessing one guy needs a WR this week and the other guy needs a QB. If that is the case, this is definitely collusion.

The feedback is much appreciated. I already decided to reject it and after hearing all your thought I am sure it's the right move.

ive dealt with this... you can tell them that you'll authorize the trade...

but you cant authorize the same players back for XX weeks...whatever you deem fair...

or else two teams are just filling their holes and that's collusion

i like it that way more...let them make the trade...but decline to allow the trade back, which really puts them in a bind lol

Woulda been great if you let this one go through then vetoed the return trade

Back