Should Big Ten Rethink Their Scheduling?

RJ Esq

Prick Since 1974
Didn't want to hijack Jump's thread with this idea.

I think Michigan is suffering from not having played in 2 weeks, not being on TV in 2 weeks, and not having won a game in 3 weeks.

The Big Ten schedule just seems off to me. With the exception of Purdue playing at Hawaii last week, the Big Ten shut down 2 weeks before the rest of the college football world.

Think that the Big Ten needs to work a bye week or two into their teams' schedules to spread it out more.

how about conference championship game.. also playin ball st and the other cupcakes hurt in the computers..
Another factor was iowa being down.. Still should be close

The computers have nothing to do w/ this Brian...that's naive...

Whoever is number 2 in the human polls get the 2/3...it's that simple now..

The voters proved they did not want a rematch..

I don't think it was evne that UM didn't play for two weeks...it's was the simple fact they said they didn't want to see the game again...

JumpOnBoard said:
The computers have nothing to do w/ this Brian...that's naive...

Whoever is number 2 in the human polls get the 2/3...it's that simple now..

The voters proved they did not want a rematch..

I don't think it was evne that UM didn't play for two weeks...it's was the simple fact they said they didn't want to see the game again...

I agree that a rematch was unwanted by human voters. But if the system is to put #1 vs. #2, even if they have played before, shouldn't that happen without human desires and politics entering into the calculations?

BTW, criticizing scheduling Ball St? Weak schedule? Michigan had the 3rd toughest schedule this year with Florida being #1.

This coming from a dude who's alma mater scheduled Western Kentucky?

I agree the system is for 1 vs 2...but u have to understand that 2/3 of the system is decided by HUMAN VOTERS...who are going to make their own judgements and ultimately decide what THEY want...

Not necessarily based on merit or anything else...

Just based on personal preference.

Oh I understand, Jump. But personal preference and bias is what the BCS system is supposed to take away.

Again, BCS is broken and we need a playoff in some way shape of form.

rj i never said we schedule tough out of conf opponents all the time. We got a new ad and he said he was gonna make a change. I think it did matter not playin n a championship game..
btw where does it say that michigan played the 3rd toughest schedule.. are we goin with winning %?

Big ten needs a 12th team and a championship game if this bullshit BCS system is still going to go. Not having a 12th team is killing this conference.

Let's not get off topic and just answer an easy question as it was asked: Yes, the Big Ten needs to change their schedule to go deeper into the season.

I agree, Big Ten needs a championship. But they need a 12th team to do that....

I got it! Let's kill 2 birds with one stone. Notre Dame needs to join the Big 10 and get rid of all their pussy special BCS rules. Only team guaranteed a BCS spot with 2 or fewer losses. What a joke!

Plus then they would have to actually schedule tougher opponents and get away from scheduling all 3 service academies.

rjurewitz said:
I agree, Big Ten needs a championship. But they need a 12th team to do that....

I got it! Let's kill 2 birds with one stone. Notre Dame needs to join the Big 10 and get rid of all their pussy special BCS rules. Only team guaranteed a BCS spot with 2 or fewer losses. What a joke!

Plus then they would have to actually schedule tougher opponents and get away from scheduling all 3 service academies.

perfect solution

HUNTDOG said:
Big ten needs a 12th team and a championship game if this bullshit BCS system is still going to go. Not having a 12th team is killing this conference.

ND?

HUNTDOG said:
They have tried to get ND for YEARS.

I'm not saying the Big 10 should try to sell ND and encourage ND to join them.

I'm saying ND should be forced to join the Big 10 by any means necessary...including the NCAA revoking their special BCS rules or even bowl eligibility until they do it.

I hate the fuckin' Irish. And I really hate their special rules.

Think of all the 2 loss teams that could have gotten into the BCS automatically:

Rutgers
Wisconsin
LSU
Cal
And then there are the 2 loss teams that had to win their conference to get in.

Yes, LSU will get in as an at-large. But it wasn't guaranteed.

Ok, maybe I overreacted, Florida did have a tough schedule, BUT I for one belive the SEC was down this year so it evens out.

How was the SEC down, Indivdual teams maybe, but the parity in the sec is feirce, any team can show up and beat another team, thats what makes it good, Ohio State and Michigan have maybe three big games a year.

HUNTDOG said:
Ok, maybe I overreacted, Florida did have a tough schedule, BUT I for one belive the SEC was down this year so it evens out.

If the SEC was down this year, I'd sure love to hear which conference was up.

The SEC was Top Heavy this year IMO...not down, but some teams that weren't very good that are normally competitive....I.E..UGA and Bammer.

I know UK is improved...but if they make it out 7-4........

Back