Sharpie 500 Qualifying....2 Plays

JumpOnBoard

CTG Partner
Nascar Posted Record

Matchups: 5-5 - 0.70 units
Race Winner: 1-1 +4.02 units

Two qualifying matchups I've locked already...no laps will be ran until 12 E today, but qualifying is at 3:45 E...I have a feeling these two matchups will change quite a bit in vig once first practice is over...

Kurt Busch +102 vs J Johnson...2 units...Kurt is Mr Bristol...he's won 5 of last 9 races here, and is a great qualifier.....I don't get this line at all and he's on my short list for challengers for the pole...I figure him to be fast in practice so I locked it before first practice...

M Kenseth +110 vs T Stewart....3 units...???????? Someone will have to explain this line to me...first off, Smoke IS NOT a good qualifier and his team works very little on qualifying setup...they concentrate on race trim, esp in these long, long races...Matt sat on POLE in this race last August and won the race to boot....throw in the fact that he's off a win last week and riding momentum, and I'm completely lost here....Had to lock this one in..

Like those plays Jump! Good luck on them! Should be a great race this weekend. Hopefully Kyle can stay in the Top 10 in points.

Wolfpack17 said:
Like those plays Jump! Good luck on them! Should be a great race this weekend. Hopefully Kyle can stay in the Top 10 in points.

hey man...good to see u like Nascar...

Great to have ya..

I think Kyle will be adequate in this race...he was good in California and led late at Richmond, so I'd say he has a good shot to stay in top 10 for sure...

Welcome aboard!

:cheers:

JumpOnBoard said:
hey man...good to see u like Nascar...

Great to have ya..

I think Kyle will be adequate in this race...he was good in California and led late at Richmond, so I'd say he has a good shot to stay in top 10 for sure...

Welcome aboard!

:cheers:

He's never done well at Bristol...In 3 races, his finishes are 28, 33rd and 8th this year is his best...Hopefully he can repeat that.

Wolfpack17 said:
He's never done well at Bristol...In 3 races, his finishes are 28, 33rd and 8th this year is his best...Hopefully he can repeat that.

Just staying out of people's crap is the key to the 500 miler at Bristol...Luck is a big key in avoiding situations that occur like the 88/12 last year..

Wolfpack17 said:
I think his brother, Biffle, Kenseth will be in Top 5 here at the end of the race

Wouldn't suprise me...

Three u didn't mention i think will race very good are J Gordon, K Harvick and Smoke..

Gordon will qualify well too, and expect him to run up front for sure..

Harvick has always been good on these tracks and he'll be in the chassis that dominated the May Richmond race...w/out bad call by his crew chief to leave him out on old tires, he woulda won..

Tony dominated first portion of Spring Bristol race before they lost adjustments on the track...his biggest problem may be avoiding payback from Bowyer or Edwards here...this place is notorious for old run ins resurfacing...

JumpOnBoard said:
Wouldn't suprise me...

Three u didn't mention i think will race very good are J Gordon, K Harvick and Smoke..

Gordon will qualify well too, and expect him to run up front for sure..

Harvick has always been good on these tracks and he'll be in the chassis that dominated the May Richmond race...w/out bad call by his crew chief to leave him out on old tires, he woulda won..

Tony dominated first portion of Spring Bristol race before they lost adjustments on the track...his biggest problem may be avoiding payback from Bowyer or Edwards here...this place is notorious for old run ins resurfacing...

Yeah, those three are definitely going to be up there as well. I left out Gordon and Stewart because that is a given that they will be near the front. I don't see any payback here unless Edwards somehow is having a terrible day and no chance at all to make the chase. He is not going to risk losing any points and more money even though I don't think he will make the chase.

Wolfpack17 said:
Yeah, those three are definitely going to be up there as well. I left out Gordon and Stewart because that is a given that they will be near the front. I don't see any payback here unless Edwards somehow is having a terrible day and no chance at all to make the chase. He is not going to risk losing any points and more money even though I don't think he will make the chase.

Edwards run in w/ JR at mich may have saved Tony here...lol...Bowyer would be the one that worries me a little...I can certainly see a scenerio where Bowyer doesn't move over and Tony nudges him up the hill and Bowyer gets him later...

I hope not because Tony is my favorite driver...but we'll see.

Bristol is a fun race for sure...

Biffle and Kyle Busch both had accidents in practice...don't think neither are bad enough for backups, but def some bent sheet metal...

Sorry Wolfpack..

So much for that ...
1:48 PM

After its wreck early in the first practice, the No. 16 team of Greg Biffle is preparing a backup car. It appears that they will keep their primary engine. If that is the case, since the team has not qualified yet, it will not have to start Saturday's Sharpie 500 from the rear.

Well...Pinny decided to cut they're losses it appears...never even offered another number on the matchups...Very, very strange stuff...

Qualifying starts in ten mins..

JumpOnBoard said:
Biffle and Kyle Busch both had accidents in practice...don't think neither are bad enough for backups, but def some bent sheet metal...

Sorry Wolfpack..

:spank: :down: Kyle Busch

Thanks for the updates JOB

Kurt qualified 1st, Jimmie 18th.........:wacka wacka:

Matt qualified 4th, Tony 5th.............:wacka wacka:

Great way to start the day!!

:drinking:

JumpOnBoard said:
Kurt qualified 1st, Jimmie 18th.........:wacka wacka:

Matt qualified 4th, Tony 5th.............:wacka wacka:

Great way to start the day!!

:drinking: