Shark's NFL 2015 Pre-Season

spanishshark

Youngest guy on the forum
Only one for me tonight 8/20

Battle of the quarterbacks. Should be a high scoring game.

Buffalo @ Cleveland OVER40

:cheers3:

Good health. I think the other side is a great play. Both sides have QBs that stink and both teams have the defenses to make stops.

Hope tyrod Taylor show something tonight and wins the job.
Team going no where with cassell or Manuel.

Hope tyrod Taylor show something tonight and wins the job.
Team going no where with cassell or Manuel.

Yeah, EJ has no chance to earn the job at this point...in fact, it's very possible he's cut as he more than likely isn't even in the running for the backup job at this point. The race is between Cassell and Taylor, with Cassell being the "favorite" at this point. The coaching staff here isn't tied to EJ at all since they just came in this year, so it's no surprise to most that the competition is between Cassell and Taylor.

Not sure I agree that the Bills can't go anywhere with Cassell as they really are loaded on offense and their defense is top 3 in the league, but Cassell certainly isn't the long term answer. However, if he can simply make the throws he needs to make, put the ball in the hands of the playmakers, and not turn it over, he'll do just fine for this team. Cassell simply needs to do in Greg Roman's offense what Alex Smith did in it in SF before getting injured and replaced...they relied on their defense for the most part, had a workhorse RB, and just needed their QB to be a "game manager." Cassell did much of the same thing when he was in KC, so it is something he should be able to do competently.

Taylor obviously has much more upside, especially given how good of a runner he is, but the Bills do want someone in there to stand in the pocket and get the ball to the playmakers. Taylor has impressed around here by listening to most anyone talk about the Bills...and it seems the Bills themselves would like to see him win the job...but they want to make sure he can make the throws from the pocket and isn't just immediately running if his first or second read isn't open initially. Cassell seems like the fall-back option at this point, but again, right now he's definitely in the lead to be the starter...he played well last week too (1st preseason game, so not too much to read into it), doing exactly what they'd want him to do...think he ended up 7/8 for 50ish yards.

If Tyrod Taylor has success as an NFL QB then it cements Va Tech as having the worst offensive staff in CFB history

8/20
Buffalo @
Cleveland OVER40 L

8/22
Miami PK @ Carolina 1H W
Denver +1.5
@ Texans 1H W

8/23
Packers ML (+110)
@ Steelers

8/20
Buffalo @
Cleveland OVER40 L

8/22
Miami PK @ Carolina 1H W
Denver +1.5
@ Texans 1H W

8/23
Packers ML (+110)
@ Steelers L

8/23

Dallas @ San Fran 6pt tease L
Dallas +11 Under 45.5

8/24

Bengals @
Bucs -.5 1H

8/20
Buffalo @
Cleveland OVER40 ...L
8/22
Miami PK @ Carolina 1H......... W
Denver +1.5
@ Texans 1H...... W
8/23
Packers ML (+110)
@ Steelers L
Da
llas @ San Fran 6pt tease... L
Dallas +11 Under 45.5
8/24
Bengals @
Bucs -.5 1H............W

8/28
Patriots
@ Panthers -1
Tennessee +5.5@ KC
Detroit @
Jacksonville -2

Shark, any thoughts on TB this weekend (currently -2')? Manziel now shut down for preseason and Shaw already out....leaving McNown and Thad Lewis....not sure I would roll dice and overplay McNown deep given other injuries.....on the other hand, you think jamies plays a lot and i actually really like glennon too......

of course, if I am seeing this as a good opportunity......maybe it isn't...thx for any thoughts shark

Shark, any thoughts on TB this weekend (currently -2')? Manziel now shut down for preseason and Shaw already out....leaving McNown and Thad Lewis....not sure I would roll dice and overplay McNown deep given other injuries.....on the other hand, you think jamies plays a lot and i actually really like glennon too......

of course, if I am seeing this as a good opportunity......maybe it isn't...thx for any thoughts shark
Jimmy, no way I would take the Browns here. The Bucs a younger team, Jameis getting more comfortable every day. On the other side, like you stated, Manziel I dont think will even play after an elbow injury last game and McCown is struggling and hasn't really looked good. I'll take the Bucs -3 all day.

I don't know why I didn't play those 3 games yesterday for 1H like I usually do. Would have been winners.

Atlanta @ Miami -3.5 1H
Browns @ Tampa -1.5 1H
Washington @ Baltimore -3 1H

Back