September 30th Play and Discussion Thread

B.A.R.

CTG Partner
Staff member
Okay...only put in a few..missed some key numbers and won't chase. A lot more thoughts coming up. Imma pretty fubared right now so I will spare you from some sloppy typing.

Week 1: 12-17-1 (2.20)
Week 2: 11-4-0 +6.74
Week 3: 16-3-1 +17.67
Week 4: 8-6-1 +4.65

Plays locked in:

Baylor -1 -109
Nevada -5 -104
Oregon -1.5 -106
Florida -13.5 +100
Miami(FL) -16 -105
Navy ML +131
Miami(Fl) -16.5 -110(2 units)
Illinois +26.5 -108 (3 units)
Notre Dame -14 -110 1 unit
Tenny -13 -120 1 unit
Duke +5 -105 1 unit
ALL ONE UNIT.

This will be a very small card for me. I only expect to add a few more. This is a shitty week. Tread carefully.

Want to say what a great job everyone in forum is doing so far this year. I looked at almost everyones' threads last night and I can say that the majority are kickin some ass this year. Its a great feeling for all of us. A TRUE TEAM EFFORT.

Glad to have everybody aboard and you guests sign up please....I want to see your thoughts. We were all once rookies on a posting forum. You may be the next top college capper. Please share.

Back Monday w/thoughts...Imma pass myself out rest of night:cheers:

Last edited:
Love the Nevada play. I dont see much of a HFA. Lets get em BAR

How about dem Lions

BAR--

Michigan -9?
Navy +3?

I actually like this card a whole lot more than I liked last week.

Anyone know the status of QB Jeff Rowe from Nevada? Is he good to go? Saw him get dazed after that hit..

I agree B.A.R. that the lines just aren't there for me on some of the games I was hoping for. I may add a few more but these are all locked in and enough for me ... first time I've really keyed in to the early lines, amazing some of the movement.

Auburn -10
Florida -13
Michigan -7
tOSU -6.5
Nevada -4.5
TxTech +2
TCU -5
Georgia Tech +11
So Miss -3

Also under on the following
TCU/BYU U50
Duke/Va U42.5
USC/Wash St U58
Rice/Army U45

Week One (17-14-0) +11.45
Week Two (13-15-1) -48.50
Week Three (10-6-2) +39.95
Week Four (18-8-3) +166.75

Total (58-43-6) +169.65

Tuesday's Play

Like Southern Miss. in this spot and I'm hoping that bodog will post it soon. I think Southern Miss has a very underrated defense and I have always been impressed with Bower as a coach. The C-USA is wide open this year and Southern Miss. has two nationally televised games in back to back weeks to take a strangle hold on the division. (Central Florida this week and Tulsa next week) I have not been impressed by Moffett this year and so far Southern Miss has depended on Damion Fletcher to get the job done on the ground. I think alot of people were concerned with the Eagles after losing D. Almond, however Jeremy Young has been a very competent QB. Fletcher and the crew were only down 14-7 at half against the Gators and Fletcher ended up with 90 yds on 18 carries look for a good game against the Knights. I think UCF struggles on offense and S. Miss grinds to a 10-14 point win.

Southern Miss 27 UCF 14

Also like Rutgers and I will have a write-up on that as soon as lines are up on bodog.

I'll reiterate what B.A.R. has stated and say this website is terrific and the discussions allow everyone to get a better understanding on alot of these games.

abcs--thelegend said:
Love the Nevada play. I dont see much of a HFA. Lets get em BAR

How about dem Lions

I agree ABC's. There shouldn't be much of a HFA whatsoever. This is one play it worked out well being late to getting the lines.

As far as the Lions..thats an embarrasment. If Shaun Rogers doesn't get going early the defense turns to mush. No reason not to get 3-4 sacks and 2 Favre picks w that young GB line.

rjurewitz said:
BAR--

Michigan -9?
Navy +3?

I actually like this card a whole lot more than I liked last week.

I will almost foir sure add Navy sometime today RJ. That Michigan line lost all its value when it went up 5-6 points after open. Thats just too much IMO. I do see a 31-14 kind of game if UM doesn't turn ball over but this is a night game at Met and Wolves have had some problems up there in past.

CHSGTMD said:
I agree B.A.R. that the lines just aren't there for me on some of the games I was hoping for. I may add a few more but these are all locked in and enough for me ... first time I've really keyed in to the early lines, amazing some of the movement.

Auburn -10
Florida -13
Michigan -7
tOSU -6.5
Nevada -4.5
TxTech +2
TCU -5
Georgia Tech +11
So Miss -3

Also under on the following
TCU/BYU U50
Duke/Va U42.5
USC/Wash St U58
Rice/Army U45

The movement early is unreal bro. You got real good ones on So Piss, Nevada and Aubbie. I still may play So Piss. Aubbie on a ML parlay with a few others for me.

everythingthatsgreen said:
Anyone know the status of QB Jeff Rowe from Nevada? Is he good to go? Saw him get dazed after that hit..

I believe he will be just fine. I am sure our resident Nevada expert Fazekas can give us some thoughts on this as the week progresses.

Agreed on the card for this week B.A.R. I felt fortunate to come out on the plus side last week and quite a few mooses helped me and hurt me. I'm playing a short card this week and look forward to getting everyones thoughts on some of these games. We are not on any of the same plays, but i like what you have so far. Good luck this week!

Like it so far...I actually like this card actually alot... some games to really key in on I think are Miami up to 17, Cinnci up to 10, and of course Nevada and Fresno. I think I will play all four of those at 2 units. You like any of those BAR?

Then I agree on FLA and ORE. Probably will play those 1 unit each with Wisc. thrown in there.

Look at what Cinnci was able to accomplish early against OSU and VT. Now they play a team that is horrible against the rush. That's how NW was able to beat them and a mediocre Orangemen team.

Spek...I am adding Miami this morning as well as Navy.

Cincy is too high for me now if it comes back down perhaps.

Inspekdah said:
Look at what Cinnci was able to accomplish early against OSU and VT. Now they play a team that is horrible against the rush. That's how NW was able to beat them and a mediocre Orangemen team.

Totally agree. I just wish I could of had it at the earlier number. Its tough for me (sometimes) to lay 3 more points than I could of had it at.

smo1a said:
Agreed on the card for this week B.A.R. I felt fortunate to come out on the plus side last week and quite a few mooses helped me and hurt me. I'm playing a short card this week and look forward to getting everyones thoughts on some of these games. We are not on any of the same plays, but i like what you have so far. Good luck this week!

Hey, the best thing is to not force anything this week. Some guys like the card a lot and will most likely have great weeks. Each ones capping style comes into play here. Thanks a lot and best of luck to you as well this week.

rochclone said:
Week One (17-14-0) +11.45
Week Two (13-15-1) -48.50
Week Three (10-6-2) +39.95
Week Four (18-8-3) +166.75

Total (58-43-6) +169.65

Tuesday's Play

Like Southern Miss. in this spot and I'm hoping that bodog will post it soon. I think Southern Miss has a very underrated defense and I have always been impressed with Bower as a coach. The C-USA is wide open this year and Southern Miss. has two nationally televised games in back to back weeks to take a strangle hold on the division. (Central Florida this week and Tulsa next week) I have not been impressed by Moffett this year and so far Southern Miss has depended on Damion Fletcher to get the job done on the ground. I think alot of people were concerned with the Eagles after losing D. Almond, however Jeremy Young has been a very competent QB. Fletcher and the crew were only down 14-7 at half against the Gators and Fletcher ended up with 90 yds on 18 carries look for a good game against the Knights. I think UCF struggles on offense and S. Miss grinds to a 10-14 point win.

Southern Miss 27 UCF 14

Also like Rutgers and I will have a write-up on that as soon as lines are up on bodog.

I'll reiterate what B.A.R. has stated and say this website is terrific and the discussions allow everyone to get a better understanding on alot of these games.

Great start to the season bro. Glad to see you like how this website is helping us all to be better cappers. I know aI feel more confident as a cfb capper than ever. Its a great thing that can only get better.

BAR - Another solid looking card bro. With you on Florida, Nevada, Miami, and Navy.

GL this week! :cheers:

Bump with newest plays...that should warp em the plays this week...all analysis and discussion tomorrow morning.

Yeah I'd like to hear your reasoning on Illinois? They have looked bad on the road. What's MSU mindstate right now?

alright..heres some quick takes on this game...

Will have more I promise tonight..just running outta time today.

First, this is a hangover game for Spartans. If you think they are going to come out fired up your kidding yourself. Lokk at how they self destructed after UM-tOSU games last season. This team doesn't deal with adversity.

Second, huge revenge game for Sparty and rivalry next week down in AceDuece. Stanton has had 2 crushing losses to big Blue. Me thinks his mind will look more at next week.

Third, how does this team react to John L. He cost them the game IMO. This may become a fractured team.

More later on Illinois..

Alright, more thoughts real quick on the card:

-Many will point to the numbers of Juice Williams last week. The line of 9-32 with 4 picks looks horrid. Break it down further and he got better as game progressed. I really think the play calling will reflect his abilities more this week. Roll him out, let him get outside containment and look for glimpses of a future star.
-Spartans defense is not going to be too tough this week. Big time hangover for them. That was heartbreaking for them. This unit has improved so much since last year only to see it ripped right outta their hands last week.
-KState is dog shit IMO. I got to watch Baylor a bit this year and really like this team as an up and comer. These are the kinds of games they need to win at home in order to grow as a program. In fact, they are type they should expect to win.
-Florida, I was touting them all summer and they are living up to the promise. No way Bama should break 10 here against this defense. Florida will efficiently score in the mid 20's at worst. I expect a 28-9 kinda game.
-UConn won an ugly one at IU last week. Not much is pretty with this club. The QB situation is a mess and I frankly think Navy just controls this game start to finish. Now, Uconn is a bit better than Tree, but I see Navy with similar success.
-Sucker line on Houston this week. I have went 3-0 so far on Cougar games and will make it 4-0 this week. I feel I got this team down to a tee since midseason last year. They are very up and down. This is a get healthy game for Kyle Wright and the cougar secondary is atrocious. Okie St had a field day passing against this bunch. Reid had more yards in that game than prolly whole season combined(lol). The Miami program with all the talk going on needs a huge win here. I expect it to get ugly early and then Houston will just fold. Canes by 20+.
-Rudy Carpenter is having that Sophomore slump many QB's do. A dazzling Frosh campaign is followed up by a semi-dud. ASU has just been missing 'something' this year. Can they score? Yes. Both teams are below average on defense and great on offense. Oregon's offense is more balanced and they are slightly better on defense. Many point to the Oklahoma game but they still shredded a highly touted defense in the Sooners. I see Oregon winning in 4th Qtr by 7-10.
-Nevada is a tough cookie at home. Not impressed by UNLV so far this season. Nevada defesne will be a bit better than they were against NW. I expect a 10-14 point margin of victory here.

Looks good, buddy. With you on Navy and Oregon. Did you see the line movement though, making arizona st the fav by a point?
Anyways...curious more about baylor...if you get a chance. Read what you jsut wrote...but i was think KSt here, yet couldn't pull the trigger.

worship.gif

Back