Sept 15 Finnish Hockey

Santacapper

Pretty much a regular
The thing I like about this league is its all stat based as I dont read Finnish and can't translate the articles without using an online dictionary. Anyways, units obviously cut back compared to NHL etc but I enjoy it.

Jokerit / HIFK over 5.5 -107

HIFK will take some time to get used to the NHL rules etc with regards to their style of play and should see the box more than last year. Jokerit has always been a team who gets up the ice and gets shots on net and allows shots. I'll bite at an over in the first game.

Pelicans -0.5 +135

Blues lost a tonne of talent and will go back to being a bottom dweller (where Pelicans were a few years back) Pelicans didnt have much turnover, like the dog laying the goal at + money.

Karpat / HPK under 5.5 +109

Both teams gave up around 2 goals a game last year, employing a defensive style. HPK lost some scoring punch in the offseason and have a good goalie in the pipes.

TPS -1 -136

IMO worst team in the league will face a team looking to start off the season strong after missing the playoffs.

Ilves / Tappara under 5.5 -108

Tukko Rask is the real deal, he will move on to the NHL sooner rather than later. Both teams are strong up front and at the Blue line IMO. Should be a good tight battle to start the season.

www.drpunter.com

Remember that games do no include OT with regards to bets:down:

GL everyone:cheers:

Let's do it!

I am not playing all of the ones we discussed. Some of the lines are pretty expensive to start the season IMO and I am going with my stronger picks.

HIFK/Jokerit OVER 5.5 -108
Ilves/Tappara UNDER 5.5 -104
Pelicans -0.5 +124 (wow, that line went down fast...)

Writeups in the preview thread...

:cheers:

Oh, and to add to Santa's post, I don't read Finnish either, but most of the same info is available in Swedish (Finland is bi-lingual) so I have the game recaps available... :cheers:

Remember that games do no include OT with regards to bets
Thumbs%20Down.gif

Okay, my question is this. How many games go to OT percentage wise? A good amount where this comes into play or is it relatively few. Yes, I am not up to date on my Finnish Hockey

B.A.R. said:
Remember that games do no include OT with regards to bets
Thumbs%20Down.gif

Okay, my question is this. How many games go to OT percentage wise? A good amount where this comes into play or is it relatively few. Yes, I am not up to date on my Finnish Hockey

No games go to OT. If the score is tied after 60 mins, the game is considered a draw.

charvik said:
No games go to OT. If the score is tied after 60 mins, the game is considered a draw.

BAR - misworded it... Charvik is right, they dont go to OT, but Pinny has a rule up for Euro leagues that OT doenst count. But to answer your question last season there were 83 draws out of 784 games little over 10%:cheers:

charvik said:
Let's do it!

I am not playing all of the ones we discussed. Some of the lines are pretty expensive to start the season IMO and I am going with my stronger picks.

HIFK/Jokerit OVER 5.5 -108
Ilves/Tappara UNDER 5.5 -104
Pelicans -0.5 +124 (wow, that line went down fast...)

Writeups in the preview thread...

Lets get those 3 Charvik... that Pelicans game sure dropped fast. I played it at +135 as soon as I posted about an hour ago:shake:

sure did... well, I don't mind it dropping. That should only mean we are on the right side. I doubt there are a lot of "public" money coming in on the SM Liiga ;)

1st period Penalties:

JYP 4, 8 mins
KalPa 4, 8 mins
Score 0-0

Karpat 3, 14 mins!
HPK 5, 18 mins!
Score 1-0, Karpat, Pyorala

Pelicans 2, 4 mins
Blues 5, 10 mins
Score 0-0

The other games are still playing the 1st period

Santacapper said:
Looks like some teams are adjusting better than others

Not sure... I think the penalties in the Karpat - HPK game is just normal. They really hate each other.

charvik said:
Not sure... I think the penalties in the Karpat - HPK game is just normal. They really hate each other.

thats right, I do remember reading that last year...

Pelicans score 1-0 :down:

Santacapper said:
wow... what a barrage of goals in these games in the second period
Yeah, it's like they are catching on to the rules change.

And Pelicans answers back! 2-3!!

oh wow... Blues goes on the PP right after the goal by Pelicans and scores right away... 2-4

6 scores in 12 mins!

charvik said:
oh wow... Blues goes on the PP right after the goal by Pelicans and scores right away... 2-4

6 scores in 12 mins!

thats crazyness... hoping the Pelicans get the next 3 :23_31_4:

Oh well... wait I'll wait until the others confirm

After 2 periods

Ilves 1 Tappara 0

Karpat 2 HPK 0

BLues 4 Pelicans 2

yup... the only one that's looking bad is Pelicans - Blues... We need a big period by Pelicans.

Back