Second round of the 2008 Playoff

Boston lost... :(

That means they will probably beat them in game 6 that will be held back in Cleveland.

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
Under 186.5 - 6 units stake

If there is any chance for Hornets to win, they must do it through defense. Spurs not only managed to stop Hornets offense, but they found their rhythm in offense as well. Spurs did the needed changes, mainly by putting Bowen on Peja and now it is up to Scott and Paul to come up with the answers how to stop the Spurs. As I see it, the key is Paul on Parker. If Paul will stop him, the man who is responsible for organizing Spurs offense, Hornets got a chance to win game 5 and I believe that the team that will win game 5, will win the series as well. If Hornets win, they will get their confidence back and if Spurs will win it, they should finish the job in <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" /><st1:State w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Texas</st1:place></st1:State>. So this is a game for the series and I believe that it should an easy Under. Spurs always give 110% on the defensive end and won Hornets through defense and Hornets as I said, will try to stop the Spurs in defense as well and try to win also via defensive effort. If we take a look as previous games, we can see till now the scores were 209, 180, 186 and 183. three out of four games of the series ended below the Total set today. I can't see any reason that in such an important game, of all games, we should see the game elevate to a score higher than the games we seen before that.
I hope that Detroit will win this one also, since I got a bet of 4 - 1 for the series (after 4 - 0 lost already).

Best of luck everybody!

I almost forgot about Detroit winning the series 4 - 1 bet !!!
That with Detroit winning 4 - 0 gave a nice 2.50 odds :)
Why did anyone think that Magic will win more than a game???

Under 186.5 - 6 units stake

Guess what? Both games total's number were Identical yesterday at 186.5 !

and I'm on both UNDER !

LOL... When you're lucky ! the lucks are keep on coming ...

Divol - Thanks

:36_11_6:

Congrats JoJo! :)

Thanks -Divol

No play today? I'm considering CLE +9 -If you are on the same side -Then it will be my 63.5 units play !

Your opinion will be appreciate - Don't let the Units amount pressure you ! LOL...

I believed your "Lucks" are back ! ( don't we all need luck !)

:shake:

Sorry JoJo, haven't seen it in time. I'm resting tonight, but I hope you made the bet :)

Cleveland with the line was actually my strongest lean for tonight (believed they will actually win this one), but tonight was not the night for a big bet I believe.
Now it is the money time. All three series will be in elimination game tonight and Friday. Hope to find some decent bets :)

Today only one small bet - Hornets ML - 2 units stake. Writeup will be a few hours later, but that is the play for tonight.

Hornets ML - 2 units bet
<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p> </o:p>
Hornets are having a great season so far, but today they will play for the Western Finals. A win tonight will send the team in two Western Finals, a place that the franchise have never been before and a loss will put all the pressure back on their shoulders in Game 7 that will be held in New Orleans. I can't say that a loss tonight will end NO chances, of course not. But the got back the momentum and now they got a great chance to eliminate the reigning champions. It all comes down to Paul, West and Scott putting up their best show of the season for 48 minutes.
Spurs thought they had the series. They found a way to stop the Hornets, they gained back the momentum and even Scott admitted that his team was in trouble. A win in Game 5 would have ended the series 4 – 2 for the Spurs, instead of allowing the Hornets to try and do the same thing to them.
I believe that it will all come down to Parker and Hornets ability to stop him on one end of the floor and the ability of Spurs to stop the guys that surround CP3. Spurs got the experience, but Hornets have the momentum and the hunger and I believe that it can be enough to secure a win tonight.
<o:p> </o:p>
<o:p>Pargo or Tomas to finish top scorers - 4 units stake</o:p>
<o:p></o:p>
Pargo or Tomas to score more than Oberto, Ely, Wells or Stoudamire is my bet tonight. Tomas is a back up with really nice odds, but Pargo got a great chance to win this series. Pargo is the explosive type that can make many points in few minutes and that is what he can do tonight, by coming from the bench, trying to score for the Hornets to help and take a load off West and Paul, especially with Peja playing as he been playing lately. Wells gets very little credit and he haven't done so far much in the series if anything at all. The rest aren't a real threat, besides Kurt, who can hit the mid range jumpers, finishing with 8 – 10 points, especially if <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" /><st1:place w:st="on"><st1:City w:st="on">Duncan</st1:City></st1:place> will continue his weak performances.​

Best of luck everybody!!!

Hornets ML - 2 units bet
<O:p</O:p
...Hornets have the momentum and the hunger and I believe that it can be enough to secure a win tonight...

2 units on ML & 63.5 units ( splitted in 2 books + Local ) Hornets +7

:shake:

What have you got with the 63.5 units? Anyway, the bet on Hornets ML lost and the bet on Tomas + Pargo won, since Tomas, the guy the got the 7.50 odds won the bet!

Boston and Lakers ML for tonight, both 6 - 7 units plays. Hoping that at least one series will end in 6 games.

Boston ML - 6 units stake

This series slowly returns to the more familiar patterns of the teams. LeBron scored 35 points, Pierce 29, those aren't the numbers that we seen in this series for both star players. Even the score resembles the score in the regular season. After 76 – 72 and 89 – 73 at <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" /><st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Boston</st1:place></st1:City>, game number 5 ended 96 – 89. In regular season, the only game with LeBron in <st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Boston</st1:place></st1:City> ended 92 – 87. Now <st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Boston</st1:place></st1:City> would like it to be true. <st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Cleveland</st1:place></st1:City> won both games in regular season, but by 2 points in one of them and only after OT in the other. <st1:place w:st="on"><st1:City w:st="on">Boston</st1:City></st1:place> on the other hand had 31 – 15 record on road games and not 0 – 5 road record they got in the playoffs.
I'm a bit unsure what to choose. The line or the ML, since we seen in regular season that there can be pretty close games between the teams. Still, I will take the ML. I believe that <st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Boston</st1:place></st1:City> should finally have the luck and the smarts to win in a close game. They lost at least (I haven't seen all the games) three of the five road games in the second half, after leading or being tied late in the game. They still veteran team and even though most of them are bunch of losers (Garnett and <st1:place w:st="on">Cassel</st1:place> are the L team – add there Flip and you got T-Wolves losing their only shot at a title), they bound to win a road game even my the mere probability laws only.
<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p> </o:p>
<o:p>Lakers ML - 6 units stake</o:p>
<o:p></o:p>
Lakers played equal or better in all five games so far, but lead only 3 – 2. If Jazz tie the series to 3 – 3, it won't do justice. <st1:State w:st="on">Utah</st1:State>, on their best game in <st1:place w:st="on"><st1:PlaceName w:st="on">Staples</st1:PlaceName> <st1:PlaceType w:st="on">Center</st1:PlaceType></st1:place>, Game 5, weren't able to lead even once against the Lakers. They failed to win in regular time at <st1:State w:st="on">Utah</st1:State> over Lakers and injured <st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Kobe</st1:place></st1:City> that screamed from pain and wasn't able to move. To go to game 7, even if <st1:place w:st="on"><st1:State w:st="on">Utah</st1:State></st1:place> will lose it, won't simply do any justice for the series.
In game 5 we saw <st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Kobe</st1:place></st1:City>, Odom and Gasol play great game on both ends of the floor and most importantly, that was very unselfish win with all stars playing pass first, shoot second style and that was really fun to watch. Boozer's ability in the playoff this season maybe the final proof that there is such thing as Karma. Williams is great, but he can't win alone and the others are too unstable to help him do so.
Lakers want to finish the story. <st1:City w:st="on">Kobe</st1:City> is hurt and in need of a rest and a win today will give him almost a week rest before the first game of the Western Finals and Phil and <st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Kobe</st1:place></st1:City> know that very well.
Lakers are better team, in better form and already won in <st1:State w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Utah</st1:place></st1:State>, even without Gasol. It is their last chance to do that again in the playoff and they should take care of that.

Pierce +9 - 5 units stake

I'm adding one more play. Pierce +9 against LeBron - Very simple - in all five games so far in this series, Pierce would have and won. Pierce is the go to guy for Boston, since Allen is in bad form and Garnett shows no desire to be that guy.

Adding Over 210.5 points between Utah and the Lakers. Utah can't score worse than they did so far. Lakers will reach 110 at least and Utah should reach the 100 points mark. 3 units stake.

0 from 2 in the Cleveland - Boston game and 2 from 2 in the Utah - Lakers game. Overall ended the night with a small profit, thanks to the last two minutes in Utah.

those last 2 minutes in Utah were crazyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

missed the ML on Kobe but grabbed mormons at HT

nice job

Thanks BC and Retburj. Hoping to do a nice second round finish with two more games left in it and than we are in the Conference Finals :)

<?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" /><st1:City w:st="on">Cleveland +8 and ML - 9 units stake</st1:City>
<st1:City w:st="on"></st1:City>
<st1:City w:st="on">Boston</st1:City> so far with 7 – 0 record in the playoff at <st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Boston</st1:place></st1:City>. All runs stop sooner or later and it is always a surprise and tonight we might witness another one. First of all, Celtics trio are bunch of losers and even their biggest fans can't really argue against that (they are great players and I really like each of them, but they still losers). The addition of <st1:place w:st="on">Cassel</st1:place> was the final stamp for me to tag them as such. Cassel played with Allen and Garnett in <st1:City w:st="on">Milwaukee</st1:City> and <st1:State w:st="on">Minnesota</st1:State> and I still remember how Garnett and <st1:place w:st="on">Cassel</st1:place> lost the Western Finals (by the way, why Celtics haven't sign Sprewell? Aren't the kids hungry anymore?) and how Bucks failed year after year to become a force in the East, despite having a decent squad to do so. Allen's seasons in <st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Seattle</st1:place></st1:City> didn't do much to improve the impression, but you can't blame him for that. Pierce also haven't done much with the chances given to him. Yes, he didn't get too many, but when he and Walker were in their prime, they were a force in the East, but failed to reach somewhere come playoffs. Let me tell you one more thing, a team that had 31 wins on a road in the regular season and 0 – 6 in the playoffs, that is mental problem and that is the worse kind of problem you want to face come playoff.
<st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Cleveland</st1:place></st1:City> on the other hand are actually in a great position. Gibson's injury was tough for the Cavs, but still, I think that Cavs would agree to reach Game 7 in this series and in their form. LeBron seems back in form all of a sudden, West and Wally know a thing or two about their hot spots in Boston after playing there last year and Ilgauskas been doing the job in all the games against Boston so far. Allen just can't find his game and <st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Boston</st1:place></st1:City> needs him desperately. If he will show up, <st1:place w:st="on"><st1:City w:st="on">Boston</st1:City></st1:place> will advance, but can you really count on that?
Add the fact that Cleveland took 5 out of 6 lines so far this series and the fact that we should be getting really low score and I just love the line tonight and Cleveland advancing to Eastern Finals second season in a row.
I wanted to take <st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Cleveland</st1:place></st1:City> with the line with 10 units stake, but decided to take a different approach to the game.
7 units on <st1:place w:st="on"><st1:City w:st="on">Cleveland</st1:City></st1:place> +8 – 1.97
2 units on Cleveland ML – 4.7
If the difference will be in the line at the end, we still win decent win. If <st1:City w:st="on">Cleveland</st1:City> will win, we got a very nice profit and if <st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Cleveland</st1:place></st1:City> lose the line as well, we saved one unit.​

One more bet that I will write write up later today is Under 174 - 8 units stake. Really hoping to finish the second round with good taste.

I'd join you on their ml if Gibson was playing. Because he's not, imo it'll be up to Detroit to smash the Celts on their home court. But BOL.

Under 174 points - 8 units stake

So far we had scores of 148, 162, 192, 165, 185 and 143 in the last game so far in this series. We can easily see that there wasn't even one result that came near the 174 total set for today. Every result was either at least 10 points higher than that or 10 points lower. Now I personally doubt that any of the teams is confident enough to win the game via offense. In 6 games so far, only once one of the teams got past the 100 points mark and once more past 90 points mark. In 5 of 6 matches, <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" /><st1:City w:st="on">Boston</st1:City> and <st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Cleveland</st1:place></st1:City> failed to reach the 90 points mark, so to come to such game and think offense first attitude will surprise me greatly. On the defensive end on the other hand, both teams had their success. In all three games where one of the teams stopped the other below 75 points mark, they won. Now that is a challenge that both teams feel more confident of reaching. They aren't sure if they can score 90 points tonight or higher, but to stop the opponent under 75 points? Now that is something that both teams are feeling capable of achieving. So I believe we will see very physical and careful game with both teams playing carefully trying to stop the opponent first. <st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Boston</st1:place></st1:City> already shown that ability by stopping the Hawks on 65 points only come Game 7 and they will try to do the same today. I hate such low totals, but tonight I feel that it is just too big and should have been on 168 points only (never thought I would say something like that on a 48 minutes game before this series).
Under 174 points is the bet tonight for this Total.

I was leaning the same but the only player that may determine the outcome of the total is Lebron. If he gets hot tonight, it may go over. Since im leaning on the Cavs, i cant play the under. BOL.

Live bet - Under 185.5 - 6 units stake. The score should really go down in the last quarter...

+8 won, but the Total lost poorly. The only good news are that I was so tired, that I thought that I made the bet on the Under 185.5, but in the morning I see that I haven't. So I'm even more or less, a small loss on the Cleveland ML...
I think that unless there will be a nice special bet, I will rest tonight and just watch the game.

One bet tonight, maybe will add one live in the game it self, but for now, Paul scores more than Parker, 10 units to win 8. Paul outscored Parker in all 5 last games in this series (5 - 1 overall). Paul is the guy that should lead the Hornets to the Finals and in Spurs any one of the trio can do the job and I believe that MAnu will socre the most, Duncan second and Parker only third. Maybe will make a 2 units play on Manu Over 20.5, but that is small bet anyway.
Best of luck everybody and go Hornets!!!

Thanks Satyr and congrats on the Spurs. Hate the team, but they played almost the perfect 7th game and deserved to go to the Western Finals. Now we are head to head. Your Spurs against my Lakers :)

Paul won the bet, but only by a point, causing a bit of worries, but ended this round on a high note and today will be a new, Conference Finals bets thread :)

hoping for a fair series, I'll take any outcome out of a fair fight :shake:

GL tonight, love the Stons as well.

Back