Second round of the 2008 Playoff

divol

The Spurs can suck my manhood
The first round was great for me, but ended on a poor note and I hope that it won't continue to the second round as well.

Pistons -6 - 9 units stake

Three things I'm amazed about after the series between Pistons and the Sixers. How strong are the Pistons. How big of a difference is between them and the Sixers and how much does the final 4 – 2 score of the series doesn't do justice to this difference.
The last four game of the series, <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" /><st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Detroit</st1:place></st1:City> scored 75, 93, 98 and 100 points. <st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Detroit</st1:place></st1:City> conceded on the other hand 95, 84, 81 and 75. That is amazing. Starting with the beating they got from the Sixers, the next three games, in each they scored more than in the one before that and conceded less than the game before. Four games in a row to do that?! That is nothing but amazing to me! Pistons enter the second round in their best form of the season perhaps and that's maybe too bad for them (still two series from them to the title besides this one), that is too bad for <st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Orlando</st1:place></st1:City> as well. I believe we might see a sweep here, but if <st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Detroit</st1:place></st1:City> will play like they played the last two games against the Sixers, they won't only sweep the Magic, but will do that with DD margin in each game. In the beginning of the series against the Sixers, Billups was out, Wallace was game in, game out and only Prince and Rip in the zone. At the end of the series, all four played like we know they can and when all four leading Pistons are at the top of their game, they are the best team in the league, no question (and I'm a Lakers fan).
I doubt they will come relaxed tonight. Playoff and sweep are two things that combine nicely for <st1:City w:st="on">Detroit</st1:City> when they think about <st1:City w:st="on">Orlando</st1:City> and the fact that they can gain a few days rest on <st1:place w:st="on"><st1:City w:st="on">Boston</st1:City></st1:place> will give them plenty of motivation.
The best part is that if by accident, the bet losses, we can get all our money back and turn profit by doubling our bet in the second game of the series.​

Best of luck everybody!!!

Last edited:
Duncan or West as the series top scorer - 10 units stake

There is one bet for the series that I really like in the series between the Spurs and the Hornets and that is Duncan or West as the top scorer of the series.
In four games so far between them in the regular season, <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" /><st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Duncan</st1:place></st1:City> had 22.5 points average. West had 23.5 points average and they were the two leading scorers of the regular season series. I doubt it will change in the playoffs. West is the perfect combo for the Hornets. He is the main focus of Paul assists together with <st1:City w:st="on">Chandler</st1:City> and unlike <st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Chandler</st1:place></st1:City>, he can create his own shots as well. West had trouble defending <st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Duncan</st1:place></st1:City> in the regular season and based on what Dirk did to him in the last round, he didn't elevate his defensive abilities in the playoffs. Really good bet and I doubt that any other player will be able to score more points than them throughout the series. Single game – yes, but the whole series? Like I said, really good bet with great odds.​

Another bet that I took as a small bet (3 units) is 4 - 0 for the Pistons with 7.00 odds with 4 - 1 as backup.

Pistons -6 - 9 units stake

1-0 for start of 2nd round !

I know it's still another 5 mins to go -But I doubted ORL can come back from 20pts behind !

Good Call- :cheers:

Thanks,

Got back my loss 10units last night

:36_11_6:

Thanks budddy I read this one and tailed also and put the series price in for huge also on detroit-- As advertised softies Orlando cannot beat Detroit

This is round one game still, but I will write in this thread already, since that one is burried deep :)

Atlanta ML - 2 units stake (18.00 odds at Pinnacle, much higher at Betfair)

I stayed away from this series so far and besides putting really small money Hawks ML in games 1 and 6, preferred not touch this series, that looked one sided from one point of view, but some crazy high lines from the other. Still, tonight I see value in Atlanta ML odds. First of all, those who are afraid to take the Hawks ML, shouldn't take them with the line. If <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" /><st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Boston</st1:place></st1:City> will come out swinging, they can trash the Hawks as they did in game 1, 2 and 5. Does 14 points cushion give us more safety? Needless to say that it does. But is it worth the odds we are losing? The answer is not in my opinion. If you can get good odds on Hawks +3 up to +5, it maybe the best bet, since it covers the Hawks losing in a very close game, but I will take the Hawks ML and hope for the best.
If one teams beats the other three times in one week and than someone tells you, that they got no chance to do that for the fourth time, don't believe him. I don't care what it says on paper and what is the balance between the teams. I don't care if you are talking about NBA Champions against third league in <st1:country-region w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Spain</st1:place></st1:country-region> team. If it goes to game 7, with a score between the teams tied to 3 – 3, there is a chance for each team to win it. If Celtics win tonight, that won't be a surprise of course, maybe anything but Celtics victory will be a surprise, but there are a few stats important never the less. In all the series in the first round so far, we saw at least one road victory. I checked all playoff series the last two years as well and there hasn't been one series without a road win at least ones. It happened of course before, but that is still rare and tonight, this is the last opportunity for this series to register and road win.
Both teams know each other well. They played each other 10 times this season already, so we won't see any rabbit getting pulled out of the hat, but all the pressure is on <st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Boston</st1:place></st1:City> and Celtics know that. Hawks will give everything they got, but they know they are underdogs and that is the position that you want to be at in game 7 I believe.​

I will settle for a lead at HT for the Hawks, since than, I can sell what I wagered on the Hawks and will see profit no matter what, but still, Hawks got value today with those odds, I can't see otherwise...

one more play without write up due to a lack of time:

Lakers Over 110 points - 5 units stake

Had really bad luck with the Lakers. One lousy point and the annoying thing is that I could have taken the 109 if only I have waited a bit longer. Hoping to bounce back tonight after a few nights off, dealing with Israeli lawyer bar exam (hoping I covered at least there :) ).

Under 184 points between Boston and Cleveland - 8 units stake

Two bets I like tonight in <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" /><st1:City w:st="on">Boston</st1:City> – <st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Cleveland</st1:place></st1:City> game. One is Under and better yet, Under for <st1:City w:st="on">Cleveland</st1:City> team and <st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Boston</st1:place></st1:City> teams seperately. I don't see them scoring 87 and 97 points accordingly, I'm sorry. I'm not sure if they cover or not, but I got a feeling that Boston will win this one by 7 points (by more than 4, but by less than 10) so I really don't want to mess with the line that can go wrong with some final shot. But the Under got value here without a doubt. In two games in <st1:City w:st="on">Boston</st1:City>, <st1:City w:st="on">Cleveland</st1:City> score 87 and 70 (without LeBron) and <st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Boston</st1:place></st1:City> scored 92 and 80 points. I will take the regular Under, cause that is the bet I got available, but if you got the teams total, better to take that. I doubt that either of them will get the points set here, but that gives you a chance to get at least the money back, in case one team will go on a shooting spree to get the Over in the game.
Back to the Under issue. <st1:City w:st="on">Boston</st1:City> played max defense in all four games against the Hawks at home, and the highest that <st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Atlanta</st1:place></st1:City> scored was 85 points only. I doubt that <st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Cleveland</st1:place></st1:City> will go higher than that. <st1:City w:st="on">Atlanta</st1:City> plays in much faster pace and got much more scoring options than <st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Cleveland</st1:place></st1:City>. On the other hand, <st1:City w:st="on">Boston</st1:City> shot great against <st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Atlanta</st1:place></st1:City> at home, scoring 104, 96, 110 and 99. Still, I believe that <st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Cleveland</st1:place></st1:City> got much better D than the Hawks and that will lead to lower score for the home team as well. 184 points means that either one team must score 93 points at least and have the other close to her or in case of a blowout, to score around 100 points, which will still force the other team to score 85 points. I doubt that either of the cases will happen today.​

Pierce +11 against LeBron - 5 units stake

Not an easy bet, but I got a good feeling about this bet. Pierce +11 against LeBron is my bet in the special players section. Pierce in my opinion is the real go to guy for Celtics and if I had to pick the Celtics MVP, it would have been Pierce hands down. He is also one of the best LeBron defenders possible. He can actually match or come close to it when it comes to sizes. He is big enough and strong enough to manage him and on the other end of the floor, LeBron will guard him successfully as well, but the line is so high that the bet should still cover the bet on Pierce.​

Under 184 points between Boston and Cleveland - 8 units stake

5 mins before kick off -Total line dropping down 181 -across the Boards !

Good indicator for UNDER !

Let's go CLE -blown the hell out Celtics in their own home ! LOL...

Cause they beat the heck out ( 37 pts) my Hot-lantas in game 7
:smiley_abve:

What's a LUCKY ending for Celtics !

Shouldda be 1-0 for CLE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:36_11_6::36_11_6::36_11_6::36_11_6:

Divol- :cheers:

Thanks,

Detroit +4, 7 units stake

If I'm <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" /><st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Orlando</st1:place></st1:City>, I'm feeling really frustrated. No, not all the crying about Billups and the three pointer in the end of the third quarter. But the fact is that they are in big trouble when it comes to game plan. In game 1, the got blown by the Pistons in the second half, doing awfully from the three point line and the charity stripe, having their guards scoring only 11 points and having Howard injured and scoring only 12 points. Ok, game two, it all looked different. 11 from 26 from the three point line, 18 from 23 from the free throw and Howard is a monster again with 22 points and 18 rebounds. Even the guards in <st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Orlando</st1:place></st1:City> bounced back scoring 35 points! Still, when the game ended, they found themselves two games behind and <st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Detroit</st1:place></st1:City> taking the line in both games. So first of all, it is obvious that without stopping <st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Detroit</st1:place></st1:City> and playing much better D, it will end in a sweep. But can they play better in the offense? I'm not sure they can. I think that we actually seen <st1:City w:st="on">Orlando</st1:City> playing almost perfect game in the offense and much better than you would expect against such a strong D team as <st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Detroit</st1:place></st1:City>. So can they stop <st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Detroit</st1:place></st1:City> in the defense? I always claimed that <st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Detroit</st1:place></st1:City> is very limited team in the offense. They got too much guys that hit those mid range shots without any problems, but not a single reliable three point shooter and lacking reliable inside the paint scorer. But, when Pistons are hot, it all changes. Suddenly they get a bunch of guys that can hit any shot anywhere and they are hot right now. Unless they cool off all of a sudden, this series is already over and I don't see a reason they will cool off.
I will take the line here, because I got them already winning the series 4 – 0 or 4 – 1, so I will take the line that gives a bit of safety.
<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p> </o:p>
<o:p>Lakers -6, 7 units stake</o:p>
<o:p></o:p>
Lakers played mediocre game and still won without much trouble. <st1:State w:st="on">Utah</st1:State> proved long time ago that they haven't got a single <st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Kobe</st1:place></st1:City> defender in their roster and he have been abusing them for years. Add the fact that <st1:State w:st="on">Utah</st1:State> just horrible from the three pointers this playoff and you got a team in trouble, especially since <st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Kobe</st1:place></st1:City> is passing each time that you do a double team on him. Lakers are multi heads monster in offense this season and we haven't seen it in the first game almost. They got <st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Kobe</st1:place></st1:City> of course, I don't even need to talk about his offensive abilities. They got Gasol, solid mid range shooter and excellent in the paint Center. They got Odom who can shoot from all ranges and organizes the offense. On top of those three, there is the X factor. Radmanovic, Vujacic and maybe even Fisher or Walton. <st1:State w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Utah</st1:place></st1:State> can't guard this team and have been shooting the ball poorly so far as I said earlier. They got past Rockets due to two wins in the absence of Alston, but this is a whole new ball game and they are in trouble in this series I believe.​

Haven't thought about it yet. Orlando - Detroit got no idea. In staples Center, both teams weren't too happy about their offense I believe, so we should see an improvement there...

Split the games last night, Pistons lost Billups and the game as well, while Lakers made easy game in to a hard one, but did the job at the end. Today I will play only one play (maybe will add Cleveland low stake bet, but not sure).

Spurs -6.5 - 9 units stake

Spurs are in a must win situation, unless they want to take on history and the fact that a team have never came back from 0 – 3 deficit. Spurs know that of course and will come strong, to try and equal the series at home.
In the first two game we saw different players from both teams excel each time, Duncan did poorly in game one, but did great in game two and West did the opposite and still, Hornets in both games, started the second half behind the Spurs, but managed to make a run and finish with pretty easy win. I believe that Hornets got what it takes to win in San Antonio, but they will have at least two more shots (if they lose the first one) to do so and although they want to win today, they don't have the need for the win. Not like the Spurs have the need anyway.
<?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" /><st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Duncan</st1:place></st1:City> remains the key player for the Spurs. Parker is guarded by one of the best defenders in the PG position, CP3. Manu can do the job, but with <st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Chandler</st1:place></st1:City> in the paint, his penetration can end up getting blocked or altered. <st1:City w:st="on">Duncan</st1:City> is the answer because he is one of the smartest players in the league and he can control the game from the PF position, finding his teammates in case of NO double teaming him and maybe cause a foul trouble with West/ <st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Chandler</st1:place></st1:City>.
Popovich is one of the best coaches in the league to make adjustments and we all seen it many times, last time in the series against the Suns in round 1. I believe that he will find a solution, at least a partial one that will be enough for him to win in game 3 and over the line as well.​

Spurs didn't make it easy, but did the job anyway :)

Last edited:
Cleveland -1 - 5 units stake

The series are coming to Cleveland and we saw that Cleveland are a whole different team at home and that Boston had problems in their road games in the first round against Atlanta.
The absence of Big Ben should really work in their favor since Joe Smith is exactly what Cavs need to make <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" /><st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Boston</st1:place></st1:City> focus on other players but LeBron. My second focus is on the PG position for <st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Cleveland</st1:place></st1:City>. In game one, West and Gibson scored combined 11 points in 59 minutes on the floor, shooting 4 from 16 from the floor. Add to that the fact that they made only three assists and you get very poor game for both of them. In the second game they actually managed to do worse, scoring 5 points, shooting 1 of 7 from the floor and passing 5 assists in 55 minutes. I don't believe that they will repeat such performances at home and with Ilgauskas having a good season against the Celtics, Smith getting more minutes and helping in offense and the fact that I expect better performances of Cleveland PG's, that should really free LeBron to more open shots and get him in to the game as well.
<st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Cleveland</st1:place></st1:City> are in must win position and should really do the job here.
<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
<o:p>Over 176 - 7 units stake</o:p>
<o:p></o:p>
The difference between the games in <st1:City w:st="on">Boston</st1:City> and <st1:place w:st="on"><st1:City w:st="on">Cleveland</st1:City></st1:place> this season been simply astronomical. In regular season it was 159.5 average in <st1:City w:st="on">Boston</st1:City> and 205.5 in <st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Cleveland</st1:place></st1:City>. I believe that we won't see such a great difference in the playoff, but still, the line, as it stands right now is simply too low. If we add the fact that Garnett will be guarded by Joe Smith, which means better offense for KG from one side and better options on offense to Cleveland on the other, we get nice value in the Over tonight. I doubt it will reach 200 points, but it both teams can easily score 90 points with <st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Cleveland</st1:place></st1:City> winning 93 – 91 or maybe even go higher than that.​

Detroit and Over in Orlando look good as well, but I already got a 4 - 1 win for the Pistons in the series, so I'm not sure if I will play them as well.

Last edited:
Detroit +6 - 7 units stake

I believe that Pistons will win tonight, but since I already placed a bet on Pistons winning 4 – 1, I prefer to take them with the line and buy half a point.
Billups fit to play or not is the question, but I don't think that as important as many think. I mean Billups is a great player, but if the mighty Pistons, that were always a unit and not a team based on one player, can go past <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" /><st1:place w:st="on"><st1:City w:st="on">Orlando</st1:City></st1:place> without him, they are in bigger trouble than they think.
Pistons got such a great depth in the PG position, that they really should take care of business even without Chauncey. But, there is a good chance he will play, so anyway, I don't believe that his injury in game 3 should affect the score tonight.
<st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Orlando</st1:place></st1:City> won due to a great effort by Lewis, who not only scored 33 points, but did it with 11 from 15 from the field and 5 of 6 from the three point mark. I doubt we will see that again tonight. Add to it the 28 points that Magic got from the PG position and it comes to two factors that helped them win game number 3 and hard to rely on them to repeat tonight.
In the first round, in both teams series, we saw the home team winning easily, only to lose games four and five. Tonight I believe we will see the history repeat itself.
<st1:City w:st="on">Detroit</st1:City> really own <st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Orlando</st1:place></st1:City> and one game slide doesn't make it in to some sort of change about to come. Even if Billups is out, Sheed, Rip and Prince with the help of the youngsters will make sure to clarify to the Magic that they got little chance.

good luck divol. like the detroit play. on the over so far the first game, which you have no action on. detroit 100 - 92.

good luck divol. like the detroit play. on the over so far the first game, which you have no action on. detroit 100 - 92.

Just adding :)

Over 187 between Pistons and Magic, 5 units stake

5 out of 7 games between the teams ended in Over. 202 is the average total in games played in Orlando between the teams. I believe that we will see a score lower than 200, but still high enough. Something like 101 - 95 makes sense, since Orlando simply can't stop Detroit ih the offense, but shoots too much three pointers for Detroit to stop them on 80 points.

Four plays tonight, hoping to hit three of them for a nice profit :)

Shouldn't have played the Over. Was locked on the other three and should have stayed at that. But, Detroit did the job and that is fine by me :)

yea. all good bro. you could have gotten both if orlando didn't stink in 2nd half. on the other two with you bro.

That isn't the thing. Every bet can win or lose, but I felt like I was forcing the total play a bit. After all, I knew there was a reason I didn't play it all day. It's not such important matter, but over a season it can add up to some money that could have been saved...

3 of 4 as I planned, but missed a great chance for a sweep with the Over bet in Orlando. Still, so far the playoff was veri kind to me :)

Today the lean is that Lakers shoud do the job, but there is still time.

great job tonight. shouldn't have forced that over play. will be looking forward to your plays tomorrow.

OUCHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

I burned my hand typing when i came in this thread. You are on fire!!

I hope the lakers can win their series bro?? pistons are good now

OUCHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

I burned my hand typing when i came in this thread. You are on fire!!

I hope the lakers can win their series bro?? pistons are good now

:36_11_6:

DAMN YOU MEATHEAD. YOU CRACK ME UP. SPEAKING OF CRACK. HEY I'M ON SB NOW SO WE DOING THIS SHIT MEATBALL STYLE. I TOOK UNDER 2ND QUARTER OF CAVS/CELTS GAME AND CASHED. LET'S DO THIS MEATBALL STYLE TOMORROW. WE'LL SEE. I'M GONNA PLAY SOME GOLF TOMORROW.

I am out for the early game but will be back for the evening game with the Horny Bastards from New Orleans vs the San Antonio Homos -- I hope the Horny bastards can hump the homos good tomorrow

Also hoping for Hollywood to give the Morons a good oldschool sunday sammy meatball sytle beatdown

hahaha. yea imma put a lil on fakers ML which is +110 that sucks. then i'll hit cp3 and co. afterwards.

I hope CP3 doesent play like CB3- they need more production out of the rest of the horny bastards

David Wild Wild West needs to score more
Peja needs to park his cab outside and start concentrating on basketball
Chandler needs to ease up on humping Duncan and stop fouling
Pargo needs to grow a moustache

the hornets looked good at first. spurs made alot of three balls. i will bet against that happening again. hornets want to take care of business. they do NOT want to come back to the alamo.

No plays tonight.
I'm leaning on Lakers ML (looks like the best bet), Over in Utah, Hornets +6 and Under in Texas, but I have Lakers winning the series 4 - 1 (and 4 - 0 in the original bets), so I have one more reason rooting for the Lakers :)

Best of luck everybody tonight!

Lakers look really bad so far. Kobe is injured or something like that I think and the refs are a bit hesitating to call the fouls on Jazz...

One play live - Over 211.5 - three units (to win two)
Lakers looks good as well. Played like crap 22 out of 24 minutes and still even at HT? If they play 90% of their ability in the second half, they should win.

No, I'm done for tonight. Good luck on the Hornets and the Under, should get you at least even.

Boston ML - 6 units stake

<?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" /><st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Boston</st1:place></st1:City> held 31 – 10 road record in the regular season. In the playoff so far, they hold 0 – 4 record! <st1:City w:st="on">Boston</st1:City> got two shots of making their first road win against <st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Cleveland</st1:place></st1:City>. Tonight and if the bet losses, than in game number 6. <st1:City w:st="on">Cleveland</st1:City> made some nice road wins during regular season in tough to win places like <st1:City w:st="on">Dallas</st1:City>, <st1:City w:st="on">L.A.</st1:City>, <st1:City w:st="on">San Antonio</st1:City>, <st1:City w:st="on">Detroit</st1:City> and <st1:State w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Utah</st1:place></st1:State>. We aren't talking about young team without any experience. We are talking about veteran team with Garnett, Pierce, Allen, <st1:place w:st="on">Cassel</st1:place> and Brown. It is hard to call this team "Winners", but still, I just don't believe they will end the playoff without a single road win and if I lose tonight, I will correct in game six like I said.

Good luck everybody!!!

Leaning on Over as well, but leaving it alone for now. Maybe will add a second half play on the Total as well.

good luck divol!!! been flippy all day about it. i really want to fade all this home team covers crap. was 0-2 with la and no last night. time for a road win!!

Back