SEC Week 9 Discussion

I wish LSU didn’t have the traditional bye….this is the rare time I wish it was this Saturday
They are certainly playing well. I'm glad for the bye, we have a few guys banged up that we'll need for the stretch run

Week 9 SEC opening lines per @CircaSports

Kentucky at Tennessee (-11) 64.5
Florida vs Georgia (-21) 51.5
Arkansas (-5) at Auburn 56.5
Ole Miss (-3) at Texas A&M 59.5
Missouri at South Carolina (-5) 48.5

Any interest in Over 51.5 in Jacksonville? Thinking 42-10 worst case scenario...41-21 best. :confused:
How about Under 59.5 at College Station? (I hate unders.)

Last edited:
I dont know what to make of that game. I know the rivalry part but man Tennessee at home on deck for the Dawgs.

Week 9 SEC opening lines per @CircaSports

Kentucky at Tennessee (-11) 64.5
Florida vs Georgia (-21) 51.5
Arkansas (-5) at Auburn 56.5
Ole Miss (-3) at Texas A&M 59.5
Missouri at South Carolina (-5) 48.5

Any interest in Over 51.5 in Jacksonville? Thinking 42-10 worst case scenario...41-21 best. :confused:
How about Under 59.5 at College Station? (I hate unders.)
Well, you can pretty much cap A&M at 24, or less.

I'm a glutton for punishment and will take >21...a homer and his money is soon parted.
I'm probably staying away from the points, but I think I like the over. Florida's offense is good enough to move the ball on UGA, but like you said, I don't know how many stops UF will get against a pretty balanced attack from UGA. I could see 42-24 or something similar. Or, if UGA totally shuts down the Gator offense, could see 51-7

Started looking at the Arky @ AU game. A lot of reasons to like the over here. This is an underrated rivalry and after losing the last 6, I'd think Ark really wants this one. AU has been playing hard lately, which is a little surprising with a lame duck head coach. Last time in AU was the infamous Bo Nix backwards spike that cost Ark the game and got the referee crew suspended. The refs were then rewarded with getting the Alabama/aTm game last year and the Alabama/Tenn game a couple weeks ago, but I digress. Both AU and Ark defense have been getting gashed last few weeks, offenses have been competent. Both off a bye, I could see both teams getting into the 30s

I'm probably staying away from the points, but I think I like the over. Florida's offense is good enough to move the ball on UGA, but like you said, I don't know how many stops UF will get against a pretty balanced attack from UGA. I could see 42-24 or something similar. Or, if UGA totally shuts down the Gator offense, could see 51-7
I'm liking the OVER too

Fresh off losing a third straight game and dropping below .500, Texas A&M got more bad news Monday when coach Jimbo Fisher said a trio of offensive linemen will miss the rest of the season.

Bryce Foster and Aki Ogunbiyi, who have four starts apiece this season, are out with knee injuries. Jordan Spasojevic-Moko, who has started two games, is out with an ankle injury.

Look for my Cats to try to duplicate their game plan from the Mississippi St game which was to let CRod eat....only way for them to win is to keep Vols' offense off the field as much as possible and, even then, still have some hills to climb. In last year's game we held the Vols O to only 13 minutes TOP....still allowed them to score a kazillion points on us. I will say we're better in our defensive backfield. DC Brad White will come up with a game plan I'm sure but it mostly will come down to how well we tackle and if we can win the TO battle. Still, Stoops teams are at their best when their backs are to the wall and there's a huge challenge. Gonna be a fun one!

Sounds like the wheels are coming off but apparently none of those guys are contributors. I think A&M can run on Ole Miss and stop the run. I want no part of that game.
I'm pretty sure I fall in the "want no part of this game" camp too

Look for my Cats to try to duplicate their game plan from the Mississippi St game which was to let CRod eat....only way for them to win is to keep Vols' offense off the field as much as possible and, even then, still have some hills to climb. In last year's game we held the Vols O to only 13 minutes TOP....still allowed them to score a kazillion points on us. I will say we're better in our defensive backfield. DC Brad White will come up with a game plan I'm sure but it mostly will come down to how well we tackle and if we can win the TO battle. Still, Stoops teams are at their best when their backs are to the wall and there's a huge challenge. Gonna be a fun one!
It's an intriguing game. Kind of a styles make fights type game. Off the cuff, Tenn seems way too explosive for UK to hang, but the Cats can definitely slow this game down and ugly it up and make Tenn earn it. Tenn has been running at such a high level on offense, it wouldn't surprise me if they had an off-week against a defense like UK. Hard to play at that level week after week for an entire season. UT pretty good at stopping the run, so Levis needs to be sharp. UT also good at generating pressure and that UK OL hasn't been great, so I still think UT will win, but I expect it to look a little different than their last few games. I lean taking the points

Interesting stat I just came across while capping some games. UGA is last in the SEC and 124th in the country in sacks with 7 through 7 games. I don't know what if anything that means, UGA still obviously has one of the best defenses in the nation, but seems surprising

Rumors and takes flying all over twitter about aTm. Don't suppose there's an AU-style coup trying to take place? I figure most of the rumors are BS but wondering if it's on purpose?

I do, really like Ole Miss and got on them early.
I'll say this for what it's worth - the LSU game last week was Kiffin's worst of his tenure by a wide margin. I have to think that was close to the bottom for this team. Ole Miss wasn't the 7th best team in the country, but I don't think they're nearly as bad as they showed on Saturday. Having said that, there are key injuries at all defensive levels for Ole Miss, and if Evans can't go, then the rushing attack is much more pedestrian. Too many unknowns for me and this may be backs against the wall time for A&M.

It's an intriguing game. Kind of a styles make fights type game. Off the cuff, Tenn seems way too explosive for UK to hang, but the Cats can definitely slow this game down and ugly it up and make Tenn earn it. Tenn has been running at such a high level on offense, it wouldn't surprise me if they had an off-week against a defense like UK. Hard to play at that level week after week for an entire season. UT pretty good at stopping the run, so Levis needs to be sharp. UT also good at generating pressure and that UK OL hasn't been great, so I still think UT will win, but I expect it to look a little different than their last few games. I lean taking the points
And hopefully we aren’t looking ahead to Jorga on Deck….

I'll say this for what it's worth - the LSU game last week was Kiffin's worst of his tenure by a wide margin. I have to think that was close to the bottom for this team. Ole Miss wasn't the 7th best team in the country, but I don't think they're nearly as bad as they showed on Saturday. Having said that, there are key injuries at all defensive levels for Ole Miss, and if Evans can't go, then the rushing attack is much more pedestrian. Too many unknowns for me and this may be backs against the wall time for A&M.
Would appreciate any injury updates you have Grove.

Would appreciate any injury updates you have Grove.
It looks like all of Ole Miss' injured players except Trigg will go this weekend. Some may be limited but all are expected to play. Note of caution on this - we were told that Evans would play 15 snaps or so against LSU and he suited up...and then got 0 carries on 0 snaps. Kiffin can be pretty frustrating with injury disclosures when you're trying to handicap a game.

It looks like all of Ole Miss' injured players except Trigg will go this weekend. Some may be limited but all are expected to play. Note of caution on this - we were told that Evans would play 15 snaps or so against LSU and he suited up...and then got 0 carries on 0 snaps. Kiffin can be pretty frustrating with injury disclosures when you're trying to handicap a game.
Thanks Grove, greatly appreciated.

Seems AU is having a wave of opt-outs and portal entries this week. Don't know if this just a culling of energy vampires, or if Harsin is losing the locker room. Can't advocate a bet on the Tigers this weekend but I think the over is still in play, though it's creeping up to the 63 range

Seems AU is having a wave of opt-outs and portal entries this week. Don't know if this just a culling of energy vampires, or if Harsin is losing the locker room. Can't advocate a bet on the Tigers this weekend but I think the over is still in play, though it's creeping up to the 63 range
The rumor is he is telling the kids they can’t redshirt and should transfer if they don’t like it

@AdamLuckettKSR
Oct 26

Kentucky as an underdog with Will Levis -- 4-2 outright, 6-0 ATS

UK (+7) vs. 10 Florida W 20-13 UK (+21) at 1 Georgia -- L 30-13 UK (+3) at Louisville -- W 52-21 UK (+6) at 12 Florida -- W 26-16 UK (+6.5) at 14 Ole Miss -- L 22-19 UK (+3.5) vs. 16 Mississippi State -- W 27-17

@AdamLuckettKSR
Oct 26

Kentucky as an underdog with Will Levis -- 4-2 outright, 6-0 ATS

UK (+7) vs. 10 Florida W 20-13 UK (+21) at 1 Georgia -- L 30-13 UK (+3) at Louisville -- W 52-21 UK (+6) at 12 Florida -- W 26-16 UK (+6.5) at 14 Ole Miss -- L 22-19 UK (+3.5) vs. 16 Mississippi State -- W 27-17
spread and ml for me

is anyone playing against jorja for the look ahead?

Haha fair point but I assume he was a pretty big deal to the in-state guys

However the NIL players probably will lose more sleep when the actual bulldog passes away
I can appreciate those old school I formation guys.
Still my fave set.

Back