AU @ LSU

South Carolina @ Tennessee

Arkansas @ Alabama

Missouri @ Kentucky

My PR lines:

aTm -11.5

LSU -15

SCAR -6

Alabama -39 (no adjustment made for Tua being out, not sure how to quantify it)

Mizzou -7.5

Not too much interesting from a situational standpoint. The obvious is Alabama without Tua, but not sure Arkansas can do much to take advantage. Auburn is playing their 3rd straight road game, though they did have a bye between the first two.

Most of the info on Tua is already out there, but from what I've read and heard, the ankle injury is not as bad as the one last season, though it is not insignificant. The decision to perform the "tight rope" procedure is seen by many in the orthopedic world as aggressive though not necessarily wrong. The team doctors have been using this procedure on players since at least 2014, when Cam Robinson suffered a high ankle sprain in the game before LSU. He was able to play in that LSU game with a bye in between the injury and the game, similar to Tua's time frame, though the mobility needed for an OL vs QB is certainly different. Last season, Tua played against OU 27 days after surgery, there will be 20 days between surgery and LSU. It is his other ankle. I've heard rumors that Tua told teammates and his parents that he could've gone back into the game. If true the decision to stay out and have the procedure may have been made to have a better chance of Tua finishing the season healthy, rather than have the nagging injuries like he had after the Mizzou game last season. I've also heard from a pretty reliable source that the doctors who performed the surgery expect Tua to be 80-90% by LSU game, as long as there are no setbacks or complications

It’s super interesting.
I do not see LSU looking ahead but I expect a nice effort from Aubbie

The only "look ahead" I can see from the LSU side is if they have a comfortable lead and start pulling starters to avoid injury. AU's defense is going to have to play lights out. They can't win in a shootout. I would expect AU to do their normal big game strategy of trick plays and tempo early to get a couple of scores and then try to hold on for dear life.

Most of the info on Tua is already out there, but from what I've read and heard, the ankle injury is not as bad as the one last season, though it is not insignificant. The decision to perform the "tight rope" procedure is seen by many in the orthopedic world as aggressive though not necessarily wrong. The team doctors have been using this procedure on players since at least 2014, when Cam Robinson suffered a high ankle sprain in the game before LSU. He was able to play in that LSU game with a bye in between the injury and the game, similar to Tua's time frame, though the mobility needed for an OL vs QB is certainly different. Last season, Tua played against OU 27 days after surgery, there will be 20 days between surgery and LSU. It is his other ankle. I've heard rumors that Tua told teammates and his parents that he could've gone back into the game. If true the decision to stay out and have the procedure may have been made to have a better chance of Tua finishing the season healthy, rather than have the nagging injuries like he had after the Mizzou game last season. I've also heard from a pretty reliable source that the doctors who performed the surgery expect Tua to be 80-90% by LSU game, as long as there are no setbacks or complications
Good to hear. Obviously there were a lot of bs rumors out there yesterday.

Arik Gilbert to LSU wow

Stick?

This caught everyone off guard. If the Alabama guy (Tim Watts) at 247 predicted him to Alabama, he had very good reason to believe he was going to pick us. Could be a case of the kid telling two staffs he was coming. No clue about sticking, pretty sure he’s an early enrollee

This caught everyone off guard. If the Alabama guy (Tim Watts) at 247 predicted him to Alabama, he had very good reason to believe he was going to pick us. Could be a case of the kid telling two staffs he was coming. No clue about sticking, pretty sure he’s an early enrollee
He put the hat on and said he is shitting it down.
If this sticks this is the most surprising shit in a long time

My first thought on the total in Tuscaloosa was that it was an overreaction to Mac Jones at QB, but with rain in the forecast, I may consider the under. First, while he's certainly not Tua, Mac Jones isn't a walk on. He's been in the program for 3 years, he was recruited by multiple P5 teams, and has shown flashes of ability at times. With the WR we have, I could see him putting points on the board. To compare him to another Alabama QB, I think he's a more talented version of Greg McElroy. A few things that keep off the over other than rain and Mac Jones: it hasn't been reported widely outside of the Alabama beat, but the run game and the defense have shown some real improvements the last few games. I think we've decided on a starting 5 on the OL finally, and it has paid off as Najee has back to back 100+ yard games. On the defense, the freshmen LBs are starting to make some plays and appear to be playing faster. There will no doubt be mistakes moving forward, but they don't appear to be as lost as they were against South Carolina and Ole Miss. The biggest boost on defense has been Terrell Lewis making an impact. He looks like a top 10 pick in pads, but until aTm, he had been mostly a non-factor on the field. He now leads the SEC in sacks and has been a noticeable presence throughout the last 2 games. Now, this isn't to say that this is 2012 OL and defense, but it is much improved since September. I don't think Arkansas poses much of a threat in this game, so I could see us playing fairly vanilla with a lot of high percentage throws and really leaning on the run game, eating up clock. I doubt they are going to ask Mac to throw it downfield or run RPO all game, though I do expect some play action downfield attempts. Ark put 31 on Alabama last season, and Saban has mentioned it a couple times this week already, so I know the defense will be focused. To me, this game feels like a 38-7, 42-10 type game. If Alabama isn't going to score 50+, I think it may be difficult for them to cover, so Arkansas + the points and under the total feel like the safest bets to me.

Rain in BR is interesting. There are many ways to rationalize rain helping one side or another, but I think this time it favors AU slightly. I know the reputation of the LSU crowd, but a rainy day game may mitigate the intimidation factor somewhat, which can help Bo Nix. Obviously Gus is going to call all kinds of misdirection plays with a ton of eye candy, and I think LSU defense is vulnerable to that, especially with some tricky footing. The same is true on the other side, where unless AU's DL can get to Burrow, his WR will find plenty of space. I think both teams get to at least the mid-20's, with LSU pulling away late, kind of like the Florida game. Pretty strong lean to over 59

Other games, I like aTm to roll here. Miss St is not a good team

What's the word on Tenn QB situation? I read where the 3rd string guy is getting the 1st team reps this week. Is Gurantano done? Are they really going to play Maurer after head injuries two games in a row? I wanted to back Vols, not sure I can

I want to like Mizzou here, but that loss last week (and @ Wyoming) has me avoiding them on the road. But how is Kentucky going to score? Maybe look at the under?

I can understand how your PR would generate that number.

I see 10.5 out there currently.

LSU was -14 vs Florida, won by 14. Florida beat Auburn.

Does it feel like 10.5 is a low number? Line was 12.5 earlier in the week. Attracting LSU action or is this weather related (which potentially helps AU as GPS said)?

There will be a monsoon here tomorrow and rain into early Saturday morning, then clearing early afternoon. Probably a wet field but no rain during the game. That may be difficult on the DBs and pass rush.

Last start by a QB missed due to injury was in 2004. As bad as the injury luck has been at LB the last few years, QB injury luck has been remarkable

I can understand how your PR would generate that number.

I see 10.5 out there currently.

LSU was -14 vs Florida, won by 14. Florida beat Auburn.

Does it feel like 10.5 is a low number? Line was 12.5 earlier in the week. Attracting LSU action or is this weather related (which potentially helps AU as GPS said)?

I probably overvalue HFA in general, but especially for LSU

Other games, I like aTm to roll here. Miss St is not a good team

What's the word on Tenn QB situation? I read where the 3rd string guy is getting the 1st team reps this week. Is Gurantano done? Are they really going to play Maurer after head injuries two games in a row? I wanted to back Vols, not sure I can

I want to like Mizzou here, but that loss last week (and @ Wyoming) has me avoiding them on the road. But how is Kentucky going to score? Maybe look at the under?

JG looks absolutely lost mentally. And that call last week couldn't have helped the team's chemistry with him. I'm hoping for Shrout, but expect conservative play calling regardless. Shrout does have the best arm of the 3 and before Maurer took over, Pruitt said they were even but gave the nod to Maurer because of his mobility.

JG looks absolutely lost mentally. And that call last week couldn't have helped the team's chemistry with him. I'm hoping for Shrout, but expect conservative play calling regardless. Shrout does have the best arm of the 3 and before Maurer took over, Pruitt said they were even but gave the nod to Maurer because of his mobility.

By all accounts, JG had the worst week of practice of the season, so that’s how you know he’s completely off the rails. Cannot start him today. But obviously, wouldn’t be surprised to see him in the game sort of quickly if Shrout struggles

There will be a monsoon here tomorrow and rain into early Saturday morning, then clearing early afternoon. Probably a wet field but no rain during the game. That may be difficult on the DBs and pass rush.
Sitting in Tiger Stadium 45 minutes before kick. Field appears to be in pretty good shape considering what the last 36 hours have been like around here. No obvious slippage during warmups and the rain is completely gone. Still overcast but getting brighter, the sun may sneak through at some point. Wind is constant out of the NW with some occasional gusts. That will play a bigger role than water imo.

Back