SEC Week 9 Discussion

gps_3

Head of Alabama Department of Decision-Making
The SEC West picture got a little clearer in week 8, will be the East's turn this weekend. Lots to discuss about the season moving forward. Didn't post any plays, played a few and I'm still not seeing things very well. Hopefully another week or two of not playing and watching will pay off.

SEC Week 9 PR lines:

Florida -3.5 vs UGA (Jacksonville)
Ole Miss -1 vs Auburn
Missouri -2 vs UK
aTm -30.5 vs New Mexico St
Tennessee -13.5 @ South Carolina
Mississippi St (NL) vs Samford

<section class="social-sharing-top" style="margin: 0px 0px 30px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; font-size: 16px; vertical-align: baseline; float: left; position: relative; text-align: center; width: 637.641px; font-family: Lato, sans-serif;">

</section>Here’s a look at the SEC action from the eighth Saturday of the season.

[h=3]Alabama 33, Texas A&M 14[/h]The host Crimson Tide (8-0 overall, 5-0 in SEC) won its 20th in a row by downing the Aggies (6-1, 4-1). Alabama fell behind 14-13 early in the third quarter, but the game turned on a third-and-10 play at its 34 on the Tide’s ensuing drive. A Jalen Hurts pass was incomplete, but Aggies LB Shaan Washington was called for a hands to the face penalty on Hurts. Alabama scored the go-ahead TD nine plays later. Then, with 21 seconds left in the quarter, Tide defensive end Jonathan Allen picked up a fumble and rumbled 30 yards for a TD to make it 26-14 and end any doubt about the outcome. It was the Tide’s 12th non-offensive touchdown of the season. Alabama outgained Texas A&M 452-278. The Tide ran 82 plays to the Aggies’ 69. Alabama was 7-of-14 on third down, A&M just 5-of-16. Hurts threw two TD passes and also ran for the Tide’s final score.

[h=3]LSU 38, Ole Miss 21[/h]Leonard Fournette played for the first time in a month and rushed for a career-high 284 yards on just 16 carries as the host Tigers (5-2, 3-1) rolled past the Rebels (3-4, 1-3). Fournette scored three times, on runs of 59, 76 and 78 yards. The first TD cut Ole Miss’ lead to 10-7, the second gave the Tigers a 21-13 lead and the third – on the Tigers’ first offensive play of the second half – gave LSU a 28-21 advantage. LSU outgained Ole Miss 515-325; Ole Miss had just 104 yards in the second half, when it was held scoreless. The game was tied at 21 at halftime. LSU rushed for 311 yards. Ole Miss punted eight times; it had punted 24 times in the first six games.
[h=3]Auburn 56, Arkansas 3[/h]
elistove-155x324.jpg
Eli Stove went 78 yards for a TD on Auburn’s first play from scrimmage and the rout was on. JOHN REED/USA TODAY SPORTS

Host Auburn (5-2, 3-1) scored on its first offensive play and went on to eviscerate the Hogs (5-3, 1-3) in what was supposed to be an SEC West showdown of sorts. Auburn has won four in a row. WR Eli Stove scored on a 78-yard jet sweep on Auburn’s first play from scrimmage, and Tigers RB Kamryn Pettway rushed for 192 yards and two TDs. The Tigers ran 69 plays, and 57 of them were runs. Successful runs, too: Auburn rushed for 543 yards and seven TDs on 57 carries – 9.5 yards per pop. Auburn’s 543 rushing yards were the most by a league team in a regular-season game. Auburn scored on its first three possessions to open a 21-0 lead and cruised from there. The Tigers finished with 632 yards of offense and held Arkansas to just 215. It is Auburn’s third 600-yard game of the season; the Tigers had 706 yards against Arkansas State and 688 against Louisiana-Monroe. The Hogs finished with 25 rushing yards on 31 carries. Arkansas was 3-of-15 on third down and punted 10 times; the Hogs had punted 26 times in their first seven games.
[h=3]Kentucky 40, Mississippi State 38[/h]Austin MacGinnis hit a 51-yard field goal on the final play of the game to lift the host Wildcats (4-3, 3-2) past the Bulldogs (2-5, 1-3). It was MacGinnis’ fourth field goal of the game. Mississippi State had taken the lead on a 7-yard TD reception by Fred Ross with 1:09 left. The win keeps UK in position to earn a bowl bid and basically ends the Bulldogs’ hopes. UK finished with 554 yards of offense, including 292 through the air. Mississippi State, which led 14-6 at halftime, rushed for 281 yards but threw for only 81.
[h=3]South Carolina 34, Massachusetts 28[/h]True freshman QB Jake Bentley made his first college start and led the host Gamecocks (3-4) to the win over the Minutemen (1-7), who lost for the third time to an SEC school this season; UMass also lost to Florida and Mississippi State. Bentley guided the Gamecocks – who scored more than 20 points for the first time this season and more than 14 for just the second time – to a TD on their first drive, and he finished 17-of-26 for 201 yards and two TDs. The Gamecocks scored 27 points in the first half, then had to sweat it out a bit as UMass scored two fourth-quarter touchdowns to make it close. South Carolina finished with 395 yards of offense; the previous season-high was 378 against Texas A&M. UMass had 389 yards of offense.

[h=3]Middle Tennessee State 51, Missouri 45[/h]The Blue Raiders (5-2) rolled up 584 yards in downing the host Tigers (2-5) and ruining their homecoming. Mizzou had 629 yards of offense. MTSU QB Brent Stockstill threw for 280 yards and four TDs, and I’Tavius Mathers rushed for 215 yards and a score. Mizzou’s Drew Lock threw for 281 yards and two TDs, and true freshman RB Damarea Crockett ran for 156 yards and four scores. Mizzou committed 13 penalties for 125 yards and fumbled twice. Mizzou ran 104 plays, MTSU 83.
[h=3]Vanderbilt 35, Tennessee State 17[/h]The host Commodores (4-4) gave up a 93-yard TD pass on the second play of the game and also allowed a TD on Tennessee State’s second possession, but eventually settled down and ran away with the homecoming win against the Tigers (5-2). Vandy rushed for 358 yards and four TDs. Ralph Webb had 125 yards on nine carries and backup Khari Blasingame rushed for 100 yards and three scores on 14 carries. Vanderbilt had 501 yards of offense.

Only really surprising result yesterday was AU beating Arky that bad. Books made a killing on that game. You can't be anything but impressed by what AU did, but Ark had the look of a team that flat gave up. Surprising considering the hard on Bert has for AU. With the type of offense AU runs, they are going to do that to tired defenses that are undisciplined with as much misdirection they employ. I didn't see a whole lot of Arkansas with the ball and by the time the Alabama game was over, AU already had the game well in hand so I didn't watch much. But from what I've read, Allen took another beating and was pretty careless with the ball. Stretch run setting up pretty nicely for AU as they now get a pretty down and beat up Ole Miss team before a snoozer against Vandy. Traveling to Athens doesn't look that intimidating, then after the SoCon-SEC challenge week, go to Alabama with possibly the West on the line. Who would have thought that 4 weeks ago

Will continue to echo CK's thoughts on LSU. I watched a good bit of that game last night, and it really doesn't look like they are doing anything different schematically on offense, they are just doing it much better. I guess maybe it's the energy level and excitement from coach O and Ensminger? Bittersweet feeling seeing Fournette healthy again. Love watching him play, just wished he would wait until after we play them to look that good. Ole Miss looks like a team that's running out of gas, just like they have the last 3 years. So much talent in the starting 22, just not much depth after that. Chad Kelly made some throws last night that looked like he was trying to turn the ball over. Think they are on the cusp of just saying f!ck it the rest of the season

Missouri, Mississippi St, South Carolina, Vandy and Kentucky are all pretty bad this year. That's 5 teams that would be at the bottom of every power 5 conference. UGA, Ole Miss, Arkansas, and Florida are all teams with some nice parts to them, but doubt they would be in the top 2 of any other conference at this point. aTm, AU, LSU and Tennessee are all pretty good teams I think.

Alabama is going to miss Eddie Jackson. Hate that that's the way his career ends. Hope he makes a full recovery and gets drafted high in April. Safety is probably the thinnest position for Alabama, but I guess that's relative. I expect that Hootie Jones and Tony Brown will be the front runners to take over, with maybe some different shifts in nickel and dime for Ronnie Harrison and/or Minkah Fitzpatrick. The bye week is coming at a good time. As good a runner as Jalen Hurts is, and as unflappable as he appears to be, I was hoping for a little bit more in the passing game from him at this point. Hard to complain with the rushing numbers we've put up, but LSU and AU will certainly be better at stopping the run than the last few teams we've played. Alabama's defense is playing at an extremely high level right now, especially the front 7. I'm less worried about what AU presents on offense, but a fully healthy Fournette could cause issues.

Looking forward to the discussion again as always.

Also, it was sad to see a team like Arkansas just flat out quit in the middle of the game. I have never seen a team with worse body language midgame in my life. They were absolutely just going through the motions and shame on the coaching staff for doing the same thing. Meanwhile, Auburn seemed to be delighting in running for 543 yards (not a typo) and 7 TD's against them. What an embarrassing effort from those kids and that staff. Humiliating. Disgraceful.

The SEC West picture got a little clearer in week 8, will be the East's turn this weekend. Lots to discuss about the season moving forward. Didn't post any plays, played a few and I'm still not seeing things very well. Hopefully another week or two of not playing and watching will pay off.

SEC Week 9 PR lines:

Ole Miss -1 vs Auburn
Missouri -2 vs UK

really? You all obviously have the best team in the land, but what if? Gets murky murky, right?

SEC Week 9 PR lines:

Ole Miss -1 vs Auburn
Missouri -2 vs UK

hoooooo, man.......thoughts on that one?

Only really surprising result yesterday was AU beating Arky that bad. Books made a killing on that game. You can't be anything but impressed by what AU did, but Ark had the look of a team that flat gave up. Surprising considering the hard on Bert has for AU. With the type of offense AU runs, they are going to do that to tired defenses that are undisciplined with as much misdirection they employ. I didn't see a whole lot of Arkansas with the ball and by the time the Alabama game was over, AU already had the game well in hand so I didn't watch much. But from what I've read, Allen took another beating and was pretty careless with the ball. Stretch run setting up pretty nicely for AU as they now get a pretty down and beat up Ole Miss team before a snoozer against Vandy. Traveling to Athens doesn't look that intimidating, then after the SoCon-SEC challenge week, go to Alabama with possibly the West on the line. Who would have thought that 4 weeks ago

Will continue to echo CK's thoughts on LSU. I watched a good bit of that game last night, and it really doesn't look like they are doing anything different schematically on offense, they are just doing it much better. I guess maybe it's the energy level and excitement from coach O and Ensminger? Bittersweet feeling seeing Fournette healthy again. Love watching him play, just wished he would wait until after we play them to look that good. Ole Miss looks like a team that's running out of gas, just like they have the last 3 years. So much talent in the starting 22, just not much depth after that. Chad Kelly made some throws last night that looked like he was trying to turn the ball over. Think they are on the cusp of just saying f!ck it the rest of the season

Missouri, Mississippi St, South Carolina, Vandy and Kentucky are all pretty bad this year. That's 5 teams that would be at the bottom of every power 5 conference. UGA, Ole Miss, Arkansas, and Florida are all teams with some nice parts to them, but doubt they would be in the top 2 of any other conference at this point. aTm, AU, LSU and Tennessee are all pretty good teams I think.

Alabama is going to miss Eddie Jackson. Hate that that's the way his career ends. Hope he makes a full recovery and gets drafted high in April. Safety is probably the thinnest position for Alabama, but I guess that's relative. I expect that Hootie Jones and Tony Brown will be the front runners to take over, with maybe some different shifts in nickel and dime for Ronnie Harrison and/or Minkah Fitzpatrick. The bye week is coming at a good time. As good a runner as Jalen Hurts is, and as unflappable as he appears to be, I was hoping for a little bit more in the passing game from him at this point. Hard to complain with the rushing numbers we've put up, but LSU and AU will certainly be better at stopping the run than the last few teams we've played. Alabama's defense is playing at an extremely high level right now, especially the front 7. I'm less worried about what AU presents on offense, but a fully healthy Fournette could cause issues.

Looking forward to the discussion again as always.

LF looked really good on Saturday. The offense isn't doing anything very different, but there a few tweaks here and there. O has said, they are gonna run a pro style offense. The difference is the team is inspired and looks like the top 5 ranking they had preseason....practices are shorter, more time in the film room....also just better offensive looks.

I mean, shit, with LF and Guice in the backfield LSU is gonna run. However, the threat to complete a pass is there now. I think the staff looks at the opps, and says.."what will work?".....If LF can run for 284 yards and average 18 yards per carry....then let us run.

that score was a deception too. LSU beat the fuck out of Ole Miss.

Cant wait until the 5th

[FONT=arial, sans-serif]I'm working through all my stuff now. I was able to bet UF a couple times over the past weeks at PICK and that number is obviously not one anyone else will see. Won't be much in the way of sides for me this week. The only game I took at open was Mizzou -4 and I'm not totally sure how much I like it. I had them as DD fave when I made my numbers before the Saturday games and haven't done any readjusting yet but that was far enough off that I grabbed it and I'll decide what I wanna do with it.[/FONT]

Assuming it does not come out later that Saban was looking the other way while Kiffin was having his way in the team shower with little boys, will Saban go down as the greatest coach in college football history?

Will he go down as one of the best five coaches in football history? (Remember he failed in an epic way in the pros, under .500 I think).

Assuming it does not come out later that Saban was looking the other way while Kiffin was having his way in the team shower with little boys, will Saban go down as the greatest coach in college football history?

Will he go down as one of the best five coaches in football history? (Remember he failed in an epic way in the pros, under .500 I think).

I think he's in the conversation at the very least. The argument can be made that what he's doing now is more impressive than any of the other greats because of scholarship limits, parity and the BCS/Playoff era only recognizing one champ per season. From what I know about Kiffin, I think he's more into the co-ed or booster's wife than grade school boys.

Saban was 15-17 with the Dolphins. Not great, but I wouldn't call it an epic failure, given their record before and since.

Last edited:
really? You all obviously have the best team in the land, but what if? Gets murky murky, right?

I think we learned a lot about the pecking order of the West. Auburn and LSU both answered some questions I had.

hoooooo, man.......thoughts on that one?

That was also what the opener in Vegas was according to vegasinsider.com. Already bet up to have AU favored. Will have to see how banged up Ole Miss is before having any real thoughts, but my early thought process is that Ole Miss either wins, or AU blows them out. Seems the football gods owe Ole Miss from the last time these two met in Oxford

LF looked really good on Saturday. The offense isn't doing anything very different, but there a few tweaks here and there. O has said, they are gonna run a pro style offense. The difference is the team is inspired and looks like the top 5 ranking they had preseason....practices are shorter, more time in the film room....also just better offensive looks.

I mean, shit, with LF and Guice in the backfield LSU is gonna run. However, the threat to complete a pass is there now. I think the staff looks at the opps, and says.."what will work?".....If LF can run for 284 yards and average 18 yards per carry....then let us run.

that score was a deception too. LSU beat the fuck out of Ole Miss.

Cant wait until the 5th

As good as LF looked, he owes most of those yards to his OL. He was barely touched. Did enjoy seeing him run over that DB on the pass play. It's always a battle when we go down there. I expect nothing less. Hopefully LSU borrows the game plan from last year

I think he's in the conversation at the very least. The argument can be made that what he's doing now is more impressive than any of the other greats because of scholarship limits, parity and the BCS/Playoff era only recognizing one champ per season. From what I know about Kiffin, I think he's more into the co-ed or booster's wife than grad school boys.

Saban was 15-17 with the Dolphins. Not great, but I wouldn't call it an epic failure, given their record before and since.

I agree with you.

Probably won't get to my PRs until tonight. Between the late kick, whiskey, getting home at a ridiculous hour, and just enjoying the win I spent all day yesterday recovering and catching up on some other games. LSU hadn't beat Ole Miss comfortably at home since I was in high school, so it was good to just relax and enjoy it for a change. That was the rivalry game I was raised on. Perfect weekend.

Agree with what others have said, LSU isn't doing a lot of things differently, just a few subtle things here and there. The biggest thing is they're using more 12 personnel than 21. It just looks like the defensive fronts are being stretched horizontally a little more which is giving the OL better angles and they're getting to the second level easier than they were before. The competition element of early game week practices has allowed a couple receivers to get more time for busting their ass blocking downfield, and that effort has turned some good runs into big runs, and big runs into long TDs.

They're still limited in the passing game, but the TEs have been more involved and they've spread the ball around more in general instead forcing everything to Dural and Dupre.

With all of that said, there was also a clear difference in defenses from Wisconsin and Auburn to these last three, and obviously from those three to Alabama.

Saban is the greatest. Year over Year he rebuilds. Year over Year he has multiple 1st, 2nd, and sometimes 3rd picks.

name 1 other coach in college athletics who only suspends their star LB 1 half for getting arrested in a walmart with a gun

As good as LF looked, he owes most of those yards to his OL. He was barely touched. Did enjoy seeing him run over that DB on the pass play. It's always a battle when we go down there. I expect nothing less. Hopefully LSU borrows the game plan from last year

and Ole Miss LBs.....those guys are bad

Probably won't get to my PRs until tonight. Between the late kick, whiskey, getting home at a ridiculous hour, and just enjoying the win I spent all day yesterday recovering and catching up on some other games. LSU hadn't beat Ole Miss comfortably at home since I was in high school, so it was good to just relax and enjoy it for a change. That was the rivalry game I was raised on. Perfect weekend.

Agree with what others have said, LSU isn't doing a lot of things differently, just a few subtle things here and there. The biggest thing is they're using more 12 personnel than 21. It just looks like the defensive fronts are being stretched horizontally a little more which is giving the OL better angles and they're getting to the second level easier than they were before. The competition element of early game week practices has allowed a couple receivers to get more time for busting their ass blocking downfield, and that effort has turned some good runs into big runs, and big runs into long TDs.

They're still limited in the passing game, but the TEs have been more involved and they've spread the ball around more in general instead forcing everything to Dural and Dupre.

With all of that said, there was also a clear difference in defenses from Wisconsin and Auburn to these last three, and obviously from those three to Alabama.

that's the one.....I love that the LSU-Bama game gets pub, but the magnolia bowl is the one:shake2:

you get the point

It sounds a lot worse than it was. He owned the gun, had a Louisiana license for it, just not an Alabama one. It was a misdemeanor and had like a $50 bail. Like getting arrested for unpaid parking tickets. But regardless, Saban doesn't care what the media thinks should be the punishments for his players. A lot of coaches would have given in to pressure there and in other cases

I can't really add anything new to the thread at this point. Freeze has never been in this situation before. His teams have overcome gut punches in the past, but those teams still had goals to reach. This team began the year expecting to compete for the West. Now they're an upset away from not bowling. The DC, Wommack, is rumored to be "retiring." A grad assitant is coaching LBs. I'm not sure that it matters. There isn't SEC talent at LB, and you can only do so much schematically to cover that up. The offense is pressing because they know that they have to score on every possession. Two OL starters are banged up: R. Taylor and J. Sims. I expect Taylor to play, but Auburn's DL should be able to get pressure with 4. There aren't many coaches in college football that could put the train back on the tracks in this situation.

I played Oregon State this AM +14.5. Made that one +9.5 and think Oregon State has decent chance to win SU. Several side leans (VT, Navy, UVA, FSU, Iowa St, ND, Duke, USCe, Utah) but not sure I'm gonna bet any of those yet. So far just got the UF GOY ticket, Mizzou -4 and Wazzou +14.5

ACC:
VT/Pitt UNDER 64
BC/NC State Under 49.5
Duke/GT UNDER 48.5
Miami/ND OVER 57.5

SEC:
New Mexico State/aTm OVER 68
UGA/UF UNDER 44
Mizzou -4

Other:
Michigan/Michigan State UNDER 56
Washington/Utah UNDER 52.5
Tulsa/Memphis OVER 70
Oregon State +14.5

Last edited:
florida seems to be getting way too much respect for a game the underdog wins every year

If you like UGA, I would suggest looking to go under the total. I think the Dawgs top end production is 14 without any NOT and 14 may be generous. There is a decent chance they don't score, IMO.

The concern is obviously the UF offense and what they can do against a decent defense so I agree laying more than a TD if it gets there is risky due to their limitation but their offensive limitation is nothing compared to how little I think they will do against the UF defense. The UF defense played two bad quarters of football in Knoxville and other than that they have been nothing short of absolutely dominant and elite. The UGA OL is a joke and the WR won't get any separation against UF secondary unless coverage breaks down. I just have no idea how they score at all unless UF turns it over

Did anyone watch the SC and get an assessment of Bentley? I watched the first half and a little more as I had to leave the book. He did not have to make many competitive throws for what I saw but he looked to have decent pocket presence. FWIW Perry Orth would have looked similar in that game.

Bentley looked pretty good to me. If nothing else he showed the ability to have good touch down field and give his guys a chance to get it. Big step up form the other guys but it's UMass so we will know more after this weekend

SEC:
UK @ Mizzou (Noon) -7/64.5 - Mizzou lost several important defenders last game. Not sure I like Mizzou emotional state will try to get feel on that this week. Season not over but it is without this win. UK has to have also. They really dominated Miss ST last time out. Think both teams can score here,perhaps even more than I'm crediting.
Florida @ UGA ((N) 3:30) +9.5/38 - Hard to envision many scenarios where UGA gets more than 14 in this game. Great under spot but will be totaled accordingly
Samford @ Miss St (3:30) -19/57 - I don't know anything about Samford but I may try to learn because if they are decent it's a great spot. Miss St could lose to just about anybody in this spot. Season now rides on Egg Bowl.
Auburn @ Ole Miss (7:15) +2.5/64.5 - I finally made the big adjustment for Auburn. Great spot for them and Ole Miss season now done as well until Egg Bowl. I think the only thing I could back is points to be scored.
Tennessee @ USCe (7:15) +9.5/53 - USCe looked much better with new QB. Good choice by Muschamp but still almost lost to Umass. Umass QB is considerably better than Dobbs. Tenny off much needed bye and USCe finally gets the night game which I give major HFA to.
New Mex St @ aTm (7:30) -41/73.5 - Could be a 100 scored here. Concern making total any higher is aTm hangover and no point in running it up in this spot - Sumlin could elect to shorten game. aTm could 60 on accident and NMST will contribute

ACC:
VT @ Pitt (Thursday 7:00) +7/54.5 - VT is a matchup nightmare for Pitt - realy good passing offense and tough as nails to run on. Game will almost certainly be totaled too high due to inconceivable rash of Pitt games and fluke scoring. Hate that this is a thursday night game and I lean the road chalk but will prob find some way to back VT here.
Duke @ GT (Noon) -3.5/45 - Is there a better team at defending triple option than Duke? Maybe Clemson but not many others - second time seeing it after demolishing Army option in rain. Debated backing Duke and still could but will wait to see if this is totaled too high because Duke offense is wretched as well. Both off byes.
Louisville @ UVA (Noon) +21.5/72.5 - Ville gifted about 17 points last game due to bad area NC St turnovers. Defense was lights out and was beautiful situation for them last game. Line is too high, not sure I wanna go back to UVA for 3rd week in row but this keeps climbing and I may have to - I know I should at 28+
BC @ NC State (12:30) -13/45 - Prob nice under spot.
Army @ Wake (3:30) -6/41.5 - Second option team for Wake this year with extra prep time. Held Tulane to 3 in opener. Under here prob
Miami @ Notre Dame (3:30) -2.5/61.5 - Gut says ND. Miami a mess with injury and feels like nice spot for ND
Clemson @ FSU (8:00) +2.5/58 - Recent history and gut say FSU and Under

VT/Pitt UNDER 64
New Mexico State/aTm OVER 68
Tulsa/Memphis OVER 70
UGA/UF UNDER 44
Duke/GT UNDER 48.5
Michigan/Michigan State UNDER 56
Washington/Utah UNDER 52.5

Is Mizzou good at anything?

Yes. Poor coaching, undisciplined play, stupid penalties, unforced turnovers and mostly racist fans and alumni.
MrEd Class of 75!

Ya they did treat whites pretty bad on that Missouri campus which cost them a ton of alumni money and probably destroyed their program from being competitive in the conference again for a decade. Racists gonna be racists though.

I'm always interested to see how the market evolves from GOY lines to the week of. The following were the lines available from 10 days ago:

Miami @ ND +2.5
Nebraska @ Wisconsin -5.5
Michigan @ Michigan St +13.5
Florida @ UGA (N) PICK
WVU @ Ok State -3
Navy @ USF -9.5
SDSU @ Utah State +7.5
Baylor @ Texas PICK
Auburn @ Ole Miss -7
VT @ Pitt +4.5
Cal @ USC -9.5
Clemson @ FSU +3

Re Mizzou:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Several reports saying defensive leader Michael Scherer will miss rest of season with knee injury. Senior LB leads Missouri in tackles.</p>&mdash; Jen Smith (@jenheraldleader) <a href="https://twitter.com/jenheraldleader/status/790901512839041024">October 25, 2016</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<twitterwidget class="twitter-tweet twitter-tweet-rendered" id="twitter-widget-0" data-tweet-id="790900853221752832" style="position: static; visibility: visible; display: block; transform: rotate(0deg); max-width: 100%; width: 500px; min-width: 220px; margin-top: 10px; margin-bottom: 10px;"></twitterwidget>
<script async="" src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script><iframe id="rufous-sandbox" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowtransparency="true" allowfullscreen="true" style="position: absolute; visibility: hidden; display: none; width: 0px; height: 0px; padding: 0px; border: none;"></iframe><iframe id="rufous-sandbox" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowtransparency="true" allowfullscreen="true" style="position: absolute; visibility: hidden; display: none; width: 0px; height: 0px; padding: 0px; border: none;"></iframe>

Thanks, Grind. I figured that was the case. The reports I read indicated they allowed his dad onto the sideline during the game and they shared an emotional embrace. He was out pretty much all of last game and at some point in 2h they were without 4 starters. It's a big loss for them but one that I expected and was part of other factors for me lowering my line to 7 from 10+

I'm always interested to see how the market evolves from GOY lines to the week of. The following were the lines available from 10 days ago:

Miami @ ND +2.5
Nebraska @ Wisconsin -5.5
Michigan @ Michigan St +13.5
Florida @ UGA (N) PICK
WVU @ Ok State -3
Navy @ USF -9.5
SDSU @ Utah State +7.5
Baylor @ Texas PICK
Auburn @ Ole Miss -7
VT @ Pitt +4.5
Cal @ USC -9.5
Clemson @ FSU +3

the UT and UGA lines seem irresponsible

The concern is obviously the UF offense and what they can do against a decent defense so I agree laying more than a TD if it gets there is risky due to their limitation but their offensive limitation is nothing compared to how little I think they will do against the UF defense. The UF defense played two bad quarters of football in Knoxville and other than that they have been nothing short of absolutely dominant and elite. The UGA OL is a joke and the WR won't get any separation against UF secondary unless coverage breaks down. I just have no idea how they score at all unless UF turns it over

staring at 7.5 here and while I can't name more than a few players on each team, if memory serves this game has been a turnover-fest where the underdog is just as likely to fall on a loose football in the end zone as the favorite and catching a TD and a hook is going to be hard to avoid

Thanks, Grind. I figured that was the case. The reports I read indicated they allowed his dad onto the sideline during the game and they shared an emotional embrace. He was out pretty much all of last game and at some point in 2h they were without 4 starters. It's a big loss for them but one that I expected and was part of other factors for me lowering my line to 7 from 10+

It was wild the way Mizzou players were dropping in that one, particularly on the defensive side of the ball as you alluded to. Really appreciate your thoughts on these games on a weekly basis, along with the others who contribute in this thread. GL this week!

Back