SEC Week 8 Discussion

i dunno bout that, before start of the season they were widely regarded as the team with the best chance to dethrone bama (on this side the sec, obviously not including uga). replacing the qb and some oline guys turned out to be a tougher task than ppl thought, those things tend to take time at most schools so think they deserve the benefit of the doubt that they doing what most good ncaa teams do and improving as the season goes.. i think the offense light years better now from where they were in the non conf schedule. there no dount jimbo had that bama game circled since the end of last year so did we get what prob turns out to be their best effort in that game? probably, but i do think we will see something closer to the last few weeks going forward.. there no way i would touch scary here, kinda warming up to the idea of playing aggies 1st half. not in love with idea of backing them to cover 3 tds as not sure they a team who gonna keep their foot on the gas once they get a comfy lead? i have no doubt they could have scored way more than 35 on mizzou awful defense had they wanted to, that kind of thing gives me pause on idea of laying -21, i dont expect scary has much success on the offensive side the ball so dont think agges getting up 14 or more by half is a unreasonable ask.. that only way i would get involved in this one, or maybe scary 1st half team total under if you worried bout A&M offense.
A&M can't risk injury. Build fast, pull off.

Scary D is much better than mizzou’s. Especially against the run, which is what jimbo n em wanna do

Sadly, everyone d is way better than mizzou's!!!lol. think i mentioned i basically dismiss teams numbers they put up against mizzou. that said i dount ags woulda had that kind of yardage total against them a month ago.. i think tigers offense is way better than scary tho, and mizzou only managed 14 points and a pretty low passing yardage total for a team who was down a bunch fast and generally throws it around quite a bit..

Sadly, everyone d is way better than mizzou's!!!lol. think i mentioned i basically dismiss teams numbers they put up against mizzou. that said i dount ags woulda had that kind of yardage total against them a month ago.. i think tigers offense is way better than scary tho, and mizzou only managed 14 points and a pretty low passing yardage total for a team who was down a bunch fast and generally throws it around quite a bit..
No way i could play scary either. Just can’t fathom a scenario where i would lay 3 tds+ with a&m. Scary or nothing for me, but not playing the game

No way i could play scary either. Just can’t fathom a scenario where i would lay 3 tds+ with a&m. Scary or nothing for me, but not playing the game

the way im axing off all the leans i had after original look there a good chance i play Ags 1st half or scary 1st half tt under. havnt decided yet, we see how many plays i have when all said and done, it a night game also so i have time.

FWIW - just listened to Stanford Steve/Bear podcast. Steve like A&M minus the points

Now we're late Friday night/early Saturday morning....... @Grovehard what are your thoughts on Corral starting or sitting Saturday afternoon?

Personally wanting to lock Altmyer in at QB on some DFS lineups for supreme value.

where you playing at? i thought i saw he was pretty freaking expensive on DK, i was hoping same thing but thought i saw he was priced not much below corral!

where you playing at? i thought i saw he was pretty freaking expensive on DK, i was hoping same thing but thought i saw he was priced not much below corral!
FD and SD.......main one I'm using is SD (SuperDraft), actually found this app by accident when I downloaded it......they use a multiplier instead of a salary cap, meaning top guys at each position get 1x points, then it'll go 1.1x, 1.15x, 1.3x, etc, so you can pick anybody you want with no salary cap, the strategy is with the multiplier..... Altmyer is 2x pts on the multiplier this week, so if he starts I'm getting double pts.

FD and SD.......main one I'm using is SD (SuperDraft), actually found this app by accident when I downloaded it......they use a multiplier instead of a salary cap, meaning top guys at each position get 1x points, then it'll go 1.1x, 1.15x, 1.3x, etc, so you can pick anybody you want with no salary cap, the strategy is with the multiplier..... Altmyer is 2x pts on the multiplier this week, so if he starts I'm getting double pts.

Hmm. Interesting, never heard of it.

On FD..... Corral is $12,000, Altmyer is $7,500

On DK..... Corral is $10,200, Altmyer is $4,500

They have the other Ole Miss QB just below Corral on DK.....Kinkead Dent, $9,600 on DK and only $4,500 on FD.

I knew I saw one ol miss other qbs pretty high up, I had no clue who would play if corral doesnt, I assumed the expensive one. Lol. I like Texas tech qb on DK this week. He only in the 6k range and k-st pass d been freaking awful!

I will offer some insight here since I follow the program. They are closer to A&M vs bama than Colorado no doubt. The backup qb has never had “time in the saddle” and that shower in CU game and also in Arkansas and miss st losses. Calzada played near perfect vs bama minus the 2nd half lull. Vs Missouri A&M got out fast again which they always struggle doing. So I agree with aggie 1h or scar 1h team total under.

Last week A&M got off to 21-0 then let off a bit. Had a weak penalty on PI that set up a 35-40 yard romper for one of mizzo td. In the lockerrrom there was talk about intention to get up by 4td to give the young guys a chance to get “saddle time”. They didn’t do that in Missouri but I bet they do that tonight. Back at home with a night game and they are hosting a handful of 5 star recruits in town this weekend. I can see a situation where they are up 21-27 which puts them in potential backdoor scenario. I will be playing A&M 1h and A&M full game.

The running attack of spiller and Achane will gash scary. Which will open up huge holes in the passing game. Calzada was not that sharp in mizzo especially on some bubble screens. I expect him to be sharp trying out those new wrinkles.

Now we're late Friday night/early Saturday morning....... @Grovehard what are your thoughts on Corral starting or sitting Saturday afternoon?

Personally wanting to lock Altmyer in at QB on some DFS lineups for supreme value.
All I can tell you is what I’ve heard from people that would know all week - Corral practiced every day. His ankle is banged up, but this game is huge from a program momentum standpoint. Ole Miss is retiring Eli’s jersey, Arch Manning is visiting, multiple media outlets have been in Oxford this week, and the town is bursting at the seams. I think he would need to have his foot amputated to sit this one out.

All I can tell you is what I’ve heard from people that would know all week - Corral practiced every day. His ankle is banged up, but this game is huge from a program momentum standpoint. Ole Miss is retiring Eli’s jersey, Arch Manning is visiting, multiple media outlets have been in Oxford this week, and the town is bursting at the seams. I think he would need to have his foot amputated to sit this one out.
:shake:

Is it down to 7’ by you?

My kids are up there today for first time in the Grove! Should be a pretty day

Back