SEC Week 8 Discussion

Dede Westbrook might just BE the best WR in the country.....Kid from Clemson, maybe better(measures)?

Prop I like for tonight:

Royce Freeman OVER 89.5 rushing yards -120

Freeman has been battling injury this season but had a good week of rest during the bye and practice this week. He missed the second half of the game against UW, three quarters against Nebraska and all of the Colorado game. All of that being said, he is still averaging 102 rush ypg and here he faces the 127th ranked rush defense that gives up 283 ypg. Couple that with the fact that this will be a road start for Oregon's freshman QB and I think it's safe to say he gets even more touches than normal. Freeman averages 7.7 ypc and that seems like a reasonable expectation tonight against this poor Cal front. Oregon has a lot of options of guys that can run and Freeman could re-aggravate his injury which are legitimate concerns but if he stays healthy for this game I'm pretty sure he doubles this number.

Prop I like for tonight:

Royce Freeman OVER 89.5 rushing yards -120

Freeman has been battling injury this season but had a good week of rest during the bye and practice this week. He missed the second half of the game against UW, three quarters against Nebraska and all of the Colorado game. All of that being said, he is still averaging 102 rush ypg and here he faces the 127th ranked rush defense that gives up 283 ypg. Couple that with the fact that this will be a road start for Oregon's freshman QB and I think it's safe to say he gets even more touches than normal. Freeman averages 7.7 ypc and that seems like a reasonable expectation tonight against this poor Cal front. Oregon has a lot of options of guys that can run and Freeman could re-aggravate his injury which are legitimate concerns but if he stays healthy for this game I'm pretty sure he doubles this number.

Wow - where is that number posted?

Took Mizzou -6 -105 2H. Been a disaster 1H for them but nothing that I don't think is correctable. No time to explain more but wanted to share

Been hearing this for years. Yawn

Yawn all your want. The league office helps.
You're already the better team before we show up. But the disparity of apples to apples calls is ridiculous.
You watch LSU will hold and get away with it too.

And it's not that I didn't expect to lose, but you definitely bet Bama vs. the spread and just cash

Yawn all your want. The league office helps.
You're already the better team before we show up. But the disparity of apples to apples calls is ridiculous.
You watch LSU will hold and get away with it too.

Amazing that we started buying the refs and the league officials in 2008. Where were our boosters the 20 years before that? Also the first game this season where our opponent had more penalty yards than we did. We've had teams tackling our DL for 2 years now, have literally had 3 holding calls on our opponents in those 2 years. Whining about the league office and the refs is so Auburn. You're better than that man

And on the plays I'm sure in question, I get the frustration. You can't be mad about the aTm guy getting tossed. That was most definitely targeting. On the Mack Wilson one, I'm not sure but the way I read the rule, for it to be targeting, the player has to be defenseless. I'm sure we're only a couple of years away from a ball carrier to be considered defenseless, but for now I don't think it was targeting. The proper call should have been unnecessary roughness with no ejection, unless I"m mistaken. Don't know WTF they were talking about it not being the crown of his helmet leading

And cheer up press, your player going for the head of Eddie Jackson cost him the remainder of his career at Alabama

Bams are so much better than the rest of the league. I'd be ecstatic if I were a fan of that program, doubt they partake in chanting the conference name at some lousy bowl game. And they are far ahead of 2nd place in that conference. Congrats Bammers, you are 1 and there is no 1a or even a 2 imo.

Bams are so much better than the rest of the league. I'd be ecstatic if I were a fan of that program, doubt they partake in chanting the conference name at some lousy bowl game. And they are far ahead of 2nd place in that conference. Congrats Bammers, you are 1 and there is no 1a or even a 2 imo.

I'll be honest, it's a lot of fun. If you like to go to big games, it's really expensive. I make no apologies for enjoying this run, because my formative years as a fan were terrible. I'm enjoying it while trying not to be a jackass, because it will end and will likely not end well

Obviously temper my expectations.....but look forward to the 5th.

Aubbie may have the final say in all this shitl lol

bama is so good....if the butt bang LSU in Tiger Stadium, then my GOD

Amazing that we started buying the refs and the league officials in 2008. Where were our boosters the 20 years before that? Also the first game this season where our opponent had more penalty yards than we did. We've had teams tackling our DL for 2 years now, have literally had 3 holding calls on our opponents in those 2 years. Whining about the league office and the refs is so Auburn. You're better than that man

I'm not saying that Bama bought anything. I'm saying the league is protecting #1.
I'll be glad to post pictures of Miles with his head bent backwards. And again no flags. It's fine, seen it before and will see it again.
We lost because our OC thinks you can run sideways vs. the SEC. We lost because we aren't bigger/faster.
We lost because my dumbass knew you were going to run a draw on 3rd and infinity deep in your own territory.
We lost because the OLine was overwhelmed.
THe worst of all of it is I now have to find another gameday shirt. That one was good for 6 wins. It'll wash the car now.

SEC officiating has been very different (in a bad way) since Bobby Gaston retired in 2006.

It's been mentioned before, but it's past time the conferences got full time professional referees. At least the power 5 conferences. There's got to be some accountability. I get that it's tough to get the subjective calls consistent crew to crew, but they should be consistent within the same game, like a strike zone in baseball.

Back