aTm -19.5 vs Arkansas

Vandy vs Tenn St

Mizzou on BYE

Did some tweaking with my PRs, here are my PR lines for this week:

UK -1.5

Miss St -8.5

LSU -15.5

aTm -24

Ole Miss is 8-1 ATS in Baton Rouge since '97. Now none those teams had a defense this bad. Also Ed O will want this one badly, and I doubt that he will take his foot off the gas.

First off, OUCH. Amnesia time. Worst 24 hour run of my life. Ole MO comes and goes hence the need of a structured unit system you must stick to and not waiver. I’ll stick to what I know going forward and major congrats to the UK ML backers and the ATS backers as well for that matter. Zero excuses here but one thing you can’t Cap is pregame fights. I’ve seen some really dumb things occur following these pregame skirmishes. For instance, Leonard Fournette is still not healthy 2 years removed from an LSU/Florida skirmish that resulted in him going from unavailable to active in a game that ultimately extended and worsened an ankle/foot injury. He hasn’t been the same since. The LSU/Miami game this year was IMO greatly influenced by a similar event. What I took from that one is that while not a giant killer Joe Cool Burreaux is a very poised QB for the amount of meaningful snaps he has under his belt. ONWARD.

LSU thus far has started and finished most of not every game fast and effective. The problem thus far has been a major lull in quarters 2 and 3. Take away the failed Orgeron years at Ole Miss and you still have a staff and team that knows it has to learn the 60 minutes mantra that Saban established long before he vacationed in Miami for a minute before retiring to the worlds capital of briefcases and inbreeding. Just kidding Bama fans. We all know that everybody worth a damn pays their players. Simmer down you sister humpers!

LSU will focus on playing its first complete game this week. Will it happen? Nobody knows. Each week this team grows a little on offense and new playmakers emerged again this past week. In 30+ years I’ve never said Who when a big offensive play occurred than I have week after week this year. Though they are young they be HONGRY! A couple prime dbs sat out in the second half and I believe that helped a very QUALITY LA Tech WR core but Hardy in particular. I honestly thought ole MO was bringing another L at home but things leveled off late and the score was at least acceptable. Congrats on the cover Tech backers. Pretty amazing that the single biggest concern (the running game) has been the only stable force in this team thus far.

I don’t know much but I do know these players will play their ass off for CORCH OEAUX and while he may downplay it I don’t think Ole Miss can lose by enough points to get that GEAUX to Hell Ole Piss taste out of his mouth. Strictly my opinion but I don’t think 20 is enough to keep me off of LSU this weekend. The late start should do nothing but bolster the Tigers into an asswhipping of epic proportions. Homer by heart but I see a lopsided 5 hour game in the 52 - 26 range.
WARNING: I’m still nowhere close to my right mind after the devastation my bankroll endured the past 36 hours. Tread carefully.

On first glance, I think I like aTm and Miss St. Aggies off a tough game no doubt, but Arkansas is awful and if aTm is even halfway focused, I think they blow them out. You know Miss St has had this game circled since Mullen left. Tough loss for MSU where they never got anything going and had 16 (!) penalties. Florida run defense is not very good, their strength is in the secondary. I expect MSU to put up a ton of rushing yards.

Not sure I'd trust AU to cover 4 scores against much of anybody with the way their offense is playing. Not sure what's going on there, though I suspect their lack of a solid run game is the main culprit

Alabama vs ULL? Whatever. First half TT over is the way to go for now. With the way the run game has lagged behind the passing game, I wouldn't be surprised to see an emphasis on that this game. But with the way Tua is playing, how do you not just let him do what he's been doing? If the defense holds them to 7 or less, they will cover. No interest in playing the line here

Ole Miss has always considered LSU a bigger rival than the reverse, though I imagine there's still some animosity from O toward the Rebels. Should be the biggest test LSU's pass defense has faced this season. No interest in backing the Ole Miss defense, so may look to some overs here

UK appears to be a legit contender in the East, at least for 2nd best team. This game will go a long ways toward sorting out that SEC-E middle class. Lean UK here, though we've mentioned how strong of an underdog SC has been.

Really think UGA can name their score against Tenn. Kirby has a lot of teaching opportunities from last week's game, so I would expect a pretty strong effort from them. If Tenn can't solve their turnover woes, this one gets real ugly real quick. UGA or nothing here

After yesterday in the No Fair League I have accepted anything is possible. Then again, we will find out how good or bad both Florida and Tenn are this week. MSU has venomous hate for Mully and in hindsight I’m an idiot for not seeing the look ahead spot for State. Taking nothing away from Kentucky it was domination. Something tells me State was laser focused on Florida. The number reflects this though. Interesting Saturday upcoming.

Thinking of playing Alabama first half this week. Line should be in the 28-35 range I believe. I’m worried that Saban might put in Hurts in the 2nd quarter to give him reps since it’s against some cupcakes. So basically betting on Tua to give me at least 21 points to have a shot. What you guys think? Thanks.

I've been looking forward to State vs. UF all season, and after State's game against UK and with UF seemingly trending upward, it's even more interesting. I think Moorhead is a really good coach, but he looked lost against Kentucky despite having the superior team. There probably was a bit of a lookahead effect, but his game plan was baffling. If I'm looking to back State, I need to believe that he's better than he showed or at least that he learned a lot from the UK game. If what we saw against UK was the real Moorhead, then UF has a giant coaching advantage.

UF doesn't have a back like Snell, but they've got some capable guys. State's offensive tackles were exposed, and I don't think that they will have a much easier time against UF's DEs. On the other hand, this will be the most hostile environment that UF plays in this season. State has had this one circled since Mullen left. Can UF withstand the initial flurry? Are they fat and happy after the big win over a rival?

Really like tamu. They already have a couple of losses so might as well put it on somebody. I don’t think the books have compensated nearly enough for how terrible Arkansas is. Thy aren’t even a top 100 team. I think this line should be more like 26.

Kentucky has won 4 straight vs South Carolina. These games are usually close. Last year UK got a lead on them, but last 5 final scores 23-13, 17-10, 26-22, 45-38, 35-28. Should be a close one again.

I think Miss st gets back on track verse FL, not worried there, except its Mullins first game since leaving.

South Carolina owned Vandy.

Ole Miss is 8-1 ATS in Baton Rouge since '97. Now none those teams had a defense this bad. Also Ed O will want this one badly, and I doubt that he will take his foot off the gas.
Never been a trend guy but this one really has me scratching my head in terms of usefulness. Saban then Miles and now O were the coaches for LSU over this stretch. I’ll admit part of me was happy to see Saban go due to his willingness to sit on a 3 to 7 point lead and trust his defense. He’s since adapted and let OCs do their jobs. Miles well we all know how much he loved to air it out. LMAO. My point is only O was around for one of the 9 matchups included in the trend. Don’t see how this can have any bearing on the game. My only fear is I heard 80% of the early money came in on LSU. I just don’t see LSU taking Ole Miss lightly and with the offense they possess and LSUs focus on playing a complete game I just can’t see this one staying within 20 versus the Rebels nonexistent defense.

The LSU - Ole Miss games last two years have tended to get leads slowly extended later as the games wore on. Is that what one would expect again this year? Or is anyone expecting LSU to start fast and throttle them from the beginning and Ole Miss never threatens much? Is this LSU team beyond the head scratcher upset loss? They've lost 2 games each of the last 2 years as TD or better favorites.

2017: tied 3-3, 10-3, 13-3, 13-6 HT, 16-6, 16-9, 23-16, 30-16, 37-16, 40-16

2016: OM led 7-0, 10-0, 10-7, LSU led 14-10, 14-13, 21-13, 21-21 HT, 28-21, 31-21, 38-21

Transitive properties eye test

Auburn is still overrated with that qb. Hapless Arky still cant help but fail to cover 31 pt dog shit line at end cause they suck so bad. Texas A&M is going to pulverize Arky. It's on for Jimbo. If Auburn beat em by 34, A&M by 56!

Kentucky will host a sold-out game for the first time since September 2017 and for just the second time since 2015.

Kentucky has won 4 straight vs South Carolina. These games are usually close. Last year UK got a lead on them, but last 5 final scores 23-13, 17-10, 26-22, 45-38, 35-28. Should be a close one again.
I am curious to see how KentLucky performs against a QB that can sling it.

I'm looking at this game right now.

The last two years vs UK, SC only converted 21-25% 3rd down (3/14, 3/12). Even vs Georgia this year SC converted 5 out of 10 in the 1st half before finishing the game 6 out of 14, 43%. That is an improvement to what they did vs UGA in both 2017 33% and a very poor 2016 15%.

Sustaining drives and scoring pts is critical so UK is forced to open up the O more where they aren't as good as just running it. UK wore SC down the last couple years so extremely important that SC O has a good game here rather than trying to win a low scoring defensive punt-fest.

SC was 0-for-3 last year kicking FGs vs UK. Kid is 4-for-4 so far this year.

Bentley has a tendency to turn it over too much though. Threw a pick vs Vandy last week and was INT'd twice vs UGA. UK got 2 last year.

UK D should matchup well vs a competent passing QB, just because they haven't seen it this year doesn't mean they can't cover, they can.

LSU has used a different starting OL combo every game this year. '17 starter Edward Ingram remains suspended, '17 starter Brumfield is out, '17 starter Charles is questionable this week, '18 opener starter Magee has missed 3 and is questionable, reserve Traore was thrust into action then taken out. TFr Chasen Hines (former DL) will start at one spot this week and they have generally been pleased with him.

Orgeron said the offensive line’s lack of depth affects the team more subtly. Orgeron said he wants the offense to produce more explosive plays downfield, but the team has had to alter its pass protections to support the offensive line, bringing in a tight end to provide additional blocking or using a running back to chip oncoming defenders instead of running an additional route.

LSU ranks 84th nationally with seven plays of 30 yards or more.

“The problem that we have,” Orgeron said, “is that we’ve had such a change on the offensive line that everything comes down to protection. What protection can we use? What is the best protection to get the ball down the field? And we’re limited in some of the things that we can do right now with all the injuries that we’ve had.”

Perhaps some of those issues won’t be visible against Ole Miss, which ranks 94th nationally having allowed 10 plays that have gone for 30 yards or more. The Rebels also rank 112th in scoring defense (36.8 points allowed per game) and 121st in total defense (505.3 yards allowed per game).

https://www.theadvocate.com/baton_rouge/sports/lsu/article_31030e2a-c016-11e8-a571-0b09a2511a33.html

Ole Miss has always considered LSU a bigger rival than the reverse . . . .
LSU may have had bigger football games, but Ole Miss was always LSU's primary rival when I was in the middle of it in the '90's. And it wasn't even close. Meanwhile, State was Ole Miss's primary rival.

Billy Cannon statue unveiled last night on LSU campus but ceremony cancelled due to Wayde Sims being murdered. Tread carefully either way. I expect the 60 minutes mantra to finally play out but won’t act until I see it. A loss or close game would be a big surprise but this is the 5th different OLine so anything’s possibly. GEAUX TO HELL OLE MISS.

Alabama TT under 59. Can’t see Saban letting us score 60 on Napier

Back