SEC Week 4 Discussion

How has lsu looked since the opening loss to Bruins? I know the competition level hasn’t been high so havnt paid any affection. I really don’t like messy st but their defense seems pretty good.

Love fading Leach so this one becomes obvious but not sure why it's just stuck at 2.5, might be one to just take the ML but someone sees something I don't which makes me skittish

My gut is telling me LSU as well, but my head is questioning it.

Messy st defense looked really good to me against ncst

The Miss St D performance vs NC St has me at a crossroads on two games.

Is the NC St O somewhat easy to matchup against and stop (and applying that to the Clemson game)?

Or is the Miss St D pretty good? Look what they did to Memphis. Memphis does have frosh QB, but their run game is very G5 strong. Guess it doesn't take an awesome P5 D to slow a great G5 run game, but I respect Miss St D from what they did vs Memphis (and applying that to the LSU game).

LSU hasn't run the ball on anyone this year. Doubt it starts now. Maybe Johnson can just go off all game?

The Miss St D performance vs NC St has me at a crossroads on two games.

Is the NC St O somewhat easy to matchup against and stop (and applying that to the Clemson game)?

Or is the Miss St D pretty good? Look what they did to Memphis. Memphis does have frosh QB, but their run game is very G5 strong. Guess it doesn't take an awesome P5 D to slow a great G5 run game, but I respect Miss St D from what they did vs Memphis (and applying that to the LSU game).

LSU hasn't run the ball on anyone this year. Doubt it starts now. Maybe Johnson can just go off all game?

I was so disappointed in ncst performance in starksville. Last few years I have raved about their play calling and creativity on offense, didnt see any of that against messy. I suppose credit messy d but neither those 2 ncst rb’s I like got enough touches imo. Only 8 carries a piece and very limited opportunities in the passing game. It’s not like the game was ever way out of hand to abandoned them.

I didn’t see any the Memphis game. Just looking at box score now sure doesn’t seem like Memphis had the offensive output to score 31? I do recall reading your recap mentioning the really strange score they got on a special teams return?

I didn’t see any the Memphis game. Just looking at box score now sure doesn’t seem like Memphis had the offensive output to score 31? I do recall reading your recap mentioning the really strange score they got on a special teams return?
How bad is it when only the ISU game is one I look more forward to than UTSA/Memphis this week? Looking forward to aTm/Hogs of course but I love that game, line is set right and lucky to get the over in early me thinks.

Such an interesting game

Memphis scored 2 non-offensive TDs and were awful on 3rd down. But that was against SEC D so maybe it isn't all that surprising they got held to 246 and 4.6ypp.

How bad is it when only the ISU game is one I look more forward to than UTSA/Memphis this week? Looking forward to aTm/Hogs of course but I love that game, line is set right and lucky to get the over in early me thinks.

Such an interesting game

Utsa/Memphis huh? I havnt looked at that game at all, I will check it out! Im not judging, I often look most forward to game nobody talking bout! Lol. I can’t wait for some these MW matchups down the road!

Such an interesting game

UTSA is a cool team. And Memphis has some pop when they play teams their own size. I believe I like UTSA as the better team, however have to acknowledge big play potential Memphis O brings by air and ground.

Reactions: KJ
Memphis scored 2 non-offensive TDs and were awful on 3rd down. But that was against SEC D so maybe it isn't all that surprising they got held to 246 and 4.6ypp.

Not at all. As mentioned I think the messy st d might actually be pretty good. Then I saw Memphis hung 31 and had to look closer. Seems like messy d did a number on the offense for most part.

UTSA is a cool team. And Memphis has some pop when they play teams their own size. I believe I like UTSA as the better team, however have to acknowledge big play potential Memphis O brings by air and ground.
I got o65 and see it's jumped up a bit, just looking forward to it

So, can Miss State limited LSU passing game - because everyone has limited the LSU run game, so only one thing to worry about right?

Not sure what defensive unit is better in that one.

I do personally like the motivation and revenge angle for Tiger D to atone for that national embarrassment from last year. Is that enough though?

La tech offensive numbers in week 1 don’t really line up with the 34 points they scored either. Barely 100 on ground and qb was a pedestrian 20-36 for 269.

La tech offensive numbers in week 1 don’t really line up with the 34 points they scored either. Barely 100 on ground and qb was a pedestrian 20-36 for 269.

LT 10 points off turnovers, can't remember where on the field they got those - edit one was a pick-six. Miss St lost 4 turnovers in that one

I suppose it does gotta be a little concerning teams appear to be scoring points on messy without putting up big offensive yards totals. Are their special teams bad or is the offense putting d in bad spots?

Thing with Messy is I don't see an identity at all. It's like they're playing on the fly

We all know what Leach is about, we all know what SEC is about and it's like they've mixed oil and water there

Exactly why Lane is >>>>> the pirate. He actually knows what he needs to do, Leach seems lost

Thing with Messy is I don't see an identity at all. It's like they're playing on the fly

We all know what Leach is about, we all know what SEC is about and it's like they've mixed oil and water there

Exactly why Lane is >>>>> the pirate. He actually knows what he needs to do, Leach seems lost

Def prefer lane. Messy strength seems like it should be the d but obviously that offense isn’t ever doing them any favors.

Def prefer lane. Messy strength seems like it should be the d but obviously that offense isn’t ever doing them any favors.
Yeah and that's basically the opposite of the Leach philosophy. I can't make two cents of any of it

55.5 is def a scary under considering how many passes likely to be thrown in that game! Lol. I dunno if I can do it?

55.5 is def a scary under considering how many passes likely to be thrown in that game! Lol. I dunno if I can do it?

That looks like a situation where I would watch a half and maybe do the opposite in the 2nd H if it is a good number. If they come out and put up a good amount of points...can they keep that up, will there be adjustments to make the 2nd H lower scoring? Or if they come out and can't score, if the 2nd H Over is reasonable relative to the original total, maybe I consider that for same reasons, adjustments, familiarity with what they are trying to do. Many times what happens in the 1st H doesn't happen in the 2nd H. I love finding unexpectedly lower scoring games at HT and then coming in an buying the over in the 2nd H at a discount. I like do the same with favorites who have unexpectedly not produced. I call it favorites on sale. Doesn't always work though. It's like just when your gut tells you the favorite sucks and they're in for a fight, they come out and have an awesome 2nd H...Packers Monday (trailed by 3 -6.5 were favored by 11.5), Browns Sunday (tied -5 were favored by 12), Ohio State Saturday (led by 7 -10 were favored by 25), UNC Saturday (trailed by 4 -6.5 were favored by 8). Doesn't always work, like Oklahoma wouldn've have worked. Same thing as betting live, I don't bet live, I just do halves. I do it more with sides, but works with totals too. Works with dogs who are down bigger too, if you believe in them, even if it looks ugly, bet them again. Just can't be afraid of losing more than you really wanted. Sometimes I'll win the dog 2nd H wager and it offsets a full game dog loss.

So, can Miss State limited LSU passing game - because everyone has limited the LSU run game, so only one thing to worry about right?

Not sure what defensive unit is better in that one.

I do personally like the motivation and revenge angle for Tiger D to atone for that national embarrassment from last year. Is that enough though?
They finally played Mr Ohio in Kiner. He looks to be decent. Not saying they run wild, but

That looks like a situation where I would watch a half and maybe do the opposite in the 2nd H if it is a good number. If they come out and put up a good amount of points...can they keep that up, will there be adjustments to make the 2nd H lower scoring? Or if they come out and can't score, if the 2nd H Over is reasonable relative to the original total, maybe I consider that for same reasons, adjustments, familiarity with what they are trying to do. Many times what happens in the 1st H doesn't happen in the 2nd H. I love finding unexpectedly lower scoring games at HT and then coming in an buying the over in the 2nd H at a discount. I like do the same with favorites who have unexpectedly not produced. I call it favorites on sale. Doesn't always work though. It's like just when your gut tells you the favorite sucks and they're in for a fight, they come out and have an awesome 2nd H...Packers Monday (trailed by 3 -6.5 were favored by 11.5), Browns Sunday (tied -5 were favored by 12), Ohio State Saturday (led by 7 -10 were favored by 25), UNC Saturday (trailed by 4 -6.5 were favored by 8). Doesn't always work, like Oklahoma wouldn've have worked. Same thing as betting live, I don't bet live, I just do halves. I do it more with sides, but works with totals too. Works with dogs who are down bigger too, if you believe in them, even if it looks ugly, bet them again. Just can't be afraid of losing more than you really wanted. Sometimes I'll win the dog 2nd H wager and it offsets a full game dog loss.

I hear ya, often times I’m not patient enough so end up on a over that cooked by half, usually fire again at half and more than not get my initial loss back. Lol.

I would think with way lsu got torched last year in this game it be more likely their defense is good early on. Gotta believe there now plenty of film for them to see the error in their ways how they defended leach last year which if I recall correctly was like the 1st game? Of course I’m not super high on lsu coaching staff so maybe not?

Is anybody in the world on A&M? I was down on Arkansas entering the season, and they've made me look stupid so far. If Arkansas can run it on A&M, then I'll tip my hat, give my bankroll some relief, and stop fading them.....but I don't think that's likely. I'm not exactly eager to back the Ags with their QB/OL situation at this number so I might just wait on line movement or a live bet.

Is anybody in the world on A&M? I was down on Arkansas entering the season, and they've made me look stupid so far. If Arkansas can run it on A&M, then I'll tip my hat, give my bankroll some relief, and stop fading them.....but I don't think that's likely. I'm not exactly eager to back the Ags with their QB/OL situation at this number so I might just wait on line movement or a live bet.
I have ML parlay with Toledo on TAm

He going to take the rest of the year off?
It’s being debated as we speak. He has a foot injury that sites and LSU are saying isn’t bad.
We got a few guys saying maybe out for the year(speculation), but his track record I can maybe agree with you at 1st blush and that was my thought as well…..

Back