Florida Gators
6:00 PM – ESPN
4Sat, September 25Southern Mississippi Golden Eagles
team-logo-211-50x50.png
@
team-logo-263-50x50.png
Alabama Crimson Tide
6:30 PM – SECN

When TAMU came in the 2 “rivalries” ignited were LSU and Arky.

TAMU and Arky played in Jerryworld not long ago for that reason…recruiting game, obv more important to ARK it would seem but it’s a big game

You know Arkansas wants this Texas Two Step BAD to sweep the state in 3 weeks…..

Contract kinda extension game for Arkansas, it’s a biggie

Yea, I couldn’t have messed with the under at 44, 49 would be nice but don’t think it ever gets that high.

Somebody asked last week about teams' ATS record the week after playing Alabama. Just looking at last year, only 2 of the 11 SEC teams covered the week after playing Alabama. Ironically, in both instances, the team off the loss covered by beating Florida (aTm and LSU). Even though UT is a rivalry for Florida, it wouldn't be the most surprising thing for the Gators to come out a little flat.

Looking at schedules, some things I came across that may be useful for finding flat spots, look aheads, etc

Alabama: @ UF, S Miss, Ole Miss, @ aTm. If the game Saturday had not gone like it did, I would point to this week as a look ahead, even though Saban is constantly preaching to treat all opponents the same. I can't imagine the Florida film study was very much fun for a few starters on defense, so I'd look for a pretty strong effort Saturday, as well as some new faces. I'll likely be on the 1H bets as usual

Big sandwich game for AU and the only breather until their bye. Pretty brutal run here: @Penn St, Ga St, @LSU, UGA, @Arky. I do feel like AU has done a good job winning these games easily in the past, so may tread lightly or not at all

Arkansas starts a pretty gnarly stretch this week: aTm (neutral) @UGA, @Ole Miss, AU

Possible lookahead for UGA against Vandy with Arkansas and AU on deck, but probably doesn't matter if Vandy can't score

UK has Florida on deck, which has always been a tough one for the Cats. Hasn't beaten them at home since 1986. UK can't afford to sleepwalk against SCAR, but I can see next week being their Super Bowl

Tough stretch coming up for Tenny: @UF, @Mizzou, SCAR, Ole Miss, @Alabama

May not mean anything, but felt it was worth discussing for a few of these teams.

Doty starting for Cocky this week?

What do you think of your Cats this week @JROCK1966 ?
I think they’ll be ready. I watched Liam Coen's interview and he said Chatt had played their 2 safeties high to prevent the long ball and Levis threw right into it on his two INTs. I'm sure their watching film and coming up with a gameplan to help Levis out more to prevent him throwing into INTs like that...He talked a lot about not setting up the pass by establishing the run and they will get back to that. On defense, I also know Jordan Wright was held out and JJ Weaver was not given many snaps to help save them somewhat for next week so I do think our defense will play a little better with those two back in the lineup. Is it all going to be good enough to get out of Columbia with a win?? I'm encouraged that my own data shows the line is about right...since we can't kick any FGs worth a damn, I'll keep my predicted score for Ky in touchdown denominations and say KY-35, USCjr-24.

BOL in what you decide!

I’d like the vols catching 20 if they would play hooker at qb, ryno just told me it gonna be Milton tho. No interest backing them if they insist on starting their 2nd best qb option.
I played Pitt v. Tennessee a couple of weeks ago and as soon as Hooker came in I wished I hadn't. It turned out Pitt covered, barely, but Tennessee was far better with Hooker in there and the only reason Pitt covered is they had a lead when Hooker came in. I doubt Pitt would have won if Hooker had started

There was a couple times last week, I don't know how many of us watched Tennessee play Tenn Tech, I know a couple of us did. Anyway, there were times with Hooker, he had the luxury of taking the snap and literally just standing still for a couple seconds while he stared down the receiver he wanted to throw the ball to, waiting until said receiver was open and calmly threw him the ball. I thought, "man, you are lucky you are playing Tennessee Tech!" But agreed, Hooker is better QB for them. Sometimes you wonder with these transfer QBs, what kind of expectation did the player have when coming. They are both transfers so I don't know. Heupel was probably thinking, we need some QBs, get them here, tell them whatever you have to. Like Guarantano going to Washington State. Starting him and sticking with him (until injury) week 1 vs Utah State is stupid. de Laura makes that offense go. Rollo has to know that. What Guarantano told something when he came there? No way he beat de Laura out in camp. de Laura did have DUI in the spring, so maybe that was his punishment, only thing that makes sense. When we see one QB starting when we think it should be the other one.

I almost feel like more in college one QB kinda “has the team”….even though they get paid now, it’s still kinda feels some teams seem to play “tougher/smarter” if you will…

Tenny and FLA St are the quick ones that come to mind….leaving injury out of it

2 years ago when my Cats played Va. Tech in a bowl game, all I know is Hooker was making play after play I had rarely seen that year against our defense. Specifically it was up tempo Hooker was running with the rest of their offense that had us beat. If not for the outstanding individual play of Lynn Bowden for my Cats, Hooker most certainly would have led the Hokies to the win. Last year I was expecting more from the Hokies but for whatever reason it didn’t happen. When he transferred to UT I thought he was the obvious QB choice. Not sure what has happened but Hooker is certainly capable from wut I’ve seen.

I played Pitt v. Tennessee a couple of weeks ago and as soon as Hooker came in I wished I hadn't. It turned out Pitt covered, barely, but Tennessee was far better with Hooker in there and the only reason Pitt covered is they had a lead when Hooker came in. I doubt Pitt would have won if Hooker had started

Yea I was on pitt too, I was mostly pretty confident but hooker did worry me some. I def think he made it more a game than it woulda been if Milton remained in.

Somebody asked last week about teams' ATS record the week after playing Alabama. Just looking at last year, only 2 of the 11 SEC teams covered the week after playing Alabama. Ironically, in both instances, the team off the loss covered by beating Florida (aTm and LSU). Even though UT is a rivalry for Florida, it wouldn't be the most surprising thing for the Gators to come out a little flat.
Longer-term, starting in 2009, teams were 67-48-2 ATS the game after playing Alabama. They wre not as good without an extra week of rest: 51-39-2. I'm not sure when I ran those numbers, but I believe those numbers covered the 10 seasons from 2009-2018.

I didn't notice during the game bcuz I was so focused on Calzada playing Qb, but Jimbo shuffled the Oline around. He's apt to do that.
I totally missed it.
Too busy hoping we could see better qb play.

I really Like LSU against a one demanial Offense.
Love fading Leach so this one becomes obvious but not sure why it's just stuck at 2.5, might be one to just take the ML but someone sees something I don't which makes me skittish

There was a couple times last week, I don't know how many of us watched Tennessee play Tenn Tech, I know a couple of us did. Anyway, there were times with Hooker, he had the luxury of taking the snap and literally just standing still for a couple seconds while he stared down the receiver he wanted to throw the ball to, waiting until said receiver was open and calmly threw him the ball. I thought, "man, you are lucky you are playing Tennessee Tech!" But agreed, Hooker is better QB for them. Sometimes you wonder with these transfer QBs, what kind of expectation did the player have when coming. They are both transfers so I don't know. Heupel was probably thinking, we need some QBs, get them here, tell them whatever you have to. Like Guarantano going to Washington State. Starting him and sticking with him (until injury) week 1 vs Utah State is stupid. de Laura makes that offense go. Rollo has to know that. What Guarantano told something when he came there? No way he beat de Laura out in camp. de Laura did have DUI in the spring, so maybe that was his punishment, only thing that makes sense. When we see one QB starting when we think it should be the other one.
Hooker was brought in by the previous staff. I guess it's easier for everyone to say Hooker, but as I said, it's going to be Joe. Just have to hope Joe can finally hit on a deep ball or two. Hooker would make me less likely to bet on the Vols - especially against FL.

Well - I was wrong - Hooker is starting this week. @2daBank - Milton was off to the side again yesterday. Apparently have already made the call

Nice. Although could be a situation where I’d been better off passing, lol. 20 does seem like a lot for gators coming off what I imagine was a heart breaking loss to Bama, a game they easily could have won if they don’t spot bama the huge 1st qrtr. I’ve always thought Hooker was a gamer, think his skill set and competitiveness will keep vols in a lot of games they would get run out the stadium with Milton.

Nice. Although could be a situation where I’d been better off passing, lol. 20 does seem like a lot for gators coming off what I imagine was a heart breaking loss to Bama, a game they easily could have won if they don’t spot bama the huge 1st qrtr. I’ve always thought Hooker was a gamer, think his skill set and competitiveness will keep vols in a lot of games they would get run out the stadium with Milton.
Already moved to 19.5 for me and I jumped, only see it moving lower

Great situation fading a team so close to but losing to Bama and not sure who else is higher on the Vols motivational chart than UF

Already moved to 19.5 for me and I jumped, only see it moving lower

Great situation fading a team so close to but losing to Bama and not sure who else is higher on the Vols motivational chart than UF

Aw shit. Guess I better get on it, hadn’t checked yet this morning so didn’t realize it moved. Thanks for heads up.

Reactions: KJ
Aw shit. Guess I better get on it, hadn’t checked yet this morning so didn’t realize it moved. Thanks for heads up.
Laid off 20 hoping it might get to 3 TDs but the QB announcement, it's not getting there. Gamblers know the difference in value between Hooker and Milton

Laid off 20 hoping it might get to 3 TDs but the QB announcement, it's not getting there. Gamblers know the difference in value between Hooker and Milton

Yea probably so, the good ones anyways! Even tho sucks missing the 20 there no way I was gonna play before knowing it was gonna be hooker. No interest backing Milton.

I vote Dellinger to start and I’m sure he gets a shot there at some point in the game but just passing info along

I vote Dellinger to start and I’m sure he gets a shot there at some point in the game but just passing info along

Wasn’t lsu the only team that let leach offense just pick them apart last year? If memory serves me right they sat back in a zone and just got gashed?

Back