SEC Week 3 Discussion

I don't think he wants to run it up on anyone to be honest. Remember 4 knees on the ole miss goal line with a bunch of time left in 2011. Generally speaking he wants to see the starters play well, get the backups some good looks, and then shut it down. Determining when exactly those things happen and how many points are scored before hand is the tricky part. In some of these games they've slept through the first half and didn't take control until later in the game. But last week was about as well as I've seen one of his teams play in that type of game in several years, so who knows.
Yes.

I always feel like he never runs up on instate, but that may be because we seem to play a ton of instate year after year

I lean ULM...want more pts tho

Ole MIss was 18/19 in Nashville vs Vandy, so depending what you have for a Vandy homefield at LP field (can't be much) and then for playing in Oxford it likely means that Rebels are favored by more over ULL than they would've over Vandy in Oxford. That doesn't seem right either considering the dumpster fire that Vandy is.

I will have ULL, tend to like them off the loss, a humbling loss, rather than a win actually. Hudspeth says they've heard alot about the potential for the season overall, the down-the-road, how many games can they win, rather than taking one game at a time. Refocusing off the loss might be the best thing to happen for them.

Hudspeth had this to say:

Key for ULL should be how well they run the ball. Vandy was able to run, but when they got to 3rd down Rivers couldn't complete a pass. Vandy top two RBs combined for 4.95 on 23 carries (most of the good runs were in the 1st half, not in 'garbage time'). As has been mentioned elsewhere, Boise did gain 399 yards vs Ole Miss D (. Think ULL will have success there and hanging within 4 TDs isn't asking much (even though they lost to LaTech by 28 last week).
true

Haven't u overlooked another good SEC game, albeit under the radar ? I'm referring to UCF v Mizzou. I would like your thoughts on that one.
Thanks.

Don't know much about UCF except that they lost Bortles, and they lost to Penn St in Ireland. Didn't watch the game, but the box score indicates that they had trouble moving the ball, but still had a chance to win. Not sure how much to take away from that game since the circumstances of playing in a foreign country are different than any other road or neutral game. Steele says they didn't lose a whole lot, other than Bortles which is huge, so they should at least be experienced. Mizzou has looked much better than I thought they would, but against inferior competition. Though a road game at Toledo is one that the majority of the B1G would have lost. I lean Mizzou here, because you don't lose a first rounder at a school like UCF and just keep trucking, no matter how much experience you return, and Mizzou's offense looks completely capable in Mauk's hands.

Don't know much about UCF except that they lost Bortles, and they lost to Penn St in Ireland. Didn't watch the game, but the box score indicates that they had trouble moving the ball, but still had a chance to win. Not sure how much to take away from that game since the circumstances of playing in a foreign country are different than any other road or neutral game. Steele says they didn't lose a whole lot, other than Bortles which is huge, so they should at least be experienced. Mizzou has looked much better than I thought they would, but against inferior competition. Though a road game at Toledo is one that the majority of the B1G would have lost. I lean Mizzou here, because you don't lose a first rounder at a school like UCF and just keep trucking, no matter how much experience you return, and Mizzou's offense looks completely capable in Mauk's hands.

Good reasoning there.

Back