SEC Week 12

gps_3

Head of Alabama Department of Decision-Making
For the first time in a really long time, I did not watch a single play of a college football game on a regular Saturday. Enjoyed the weather down here and played golf, then watched the masters, etc. So I don't have much to add as far as recaps from week 11, though there were some interesting results for sure. Also, I'm sure the Muschamp news is worth discussing, but I saw there's already a thread on that. Anyway, here are the week 12 games and my PR:

Florida @ Vandy (+29.5)
LSU @ Ark (-5)
Ole Miss @ aTm (-15.5)
Kentucky @ Alabama (-27)
Tenn @ AU (-10.5)
Miss St @ UGA (-18.5)
Mizzou @ South Carolina (-2)

Sounds like aTm is already postponed, wouldn't surprise me if AU has to as well, which would give AU 3 weeks of prep for Alabama

I remember what Missouri did the last time they were an SEC road favorite. The last two times actually. 2019 -10 at UK lost 7-29 and -21 at Vandy lost 14-21.

South Carolina might be off the rails, granted.

But might some also think too highly of a Missouri team for two wins vs two teams with losing records (LSU and UK)?

-Edit- I take my comment back, partially, last time Mizzou was a road SEC fav they won but didn't cover -13 at Arkansas to close '19.

Missouri is down to 55 or so scholarship players, still a chance they back out of this game, though with SC down, might be a good chance for a win

Saw somewhere that Miss St is down to 57 scholarship players withOUT covid issues. Yikes. If UGA can't look elite against this team, then when?

Was reading about the SC - Missouri situation, Drinkwitz said they were "committed to playing" even if they were to fall below the SEC scholarship player minimum.

It's wild how good some offenses have become. Every year a new bar is set.

Was reading about the SC - Missouri situation, Drinkwitz said they were "committed to playing" even if they were to fall below the SEC scholarship player minimum.

there no chance I’d ever lay it with mizzou but this makes me less likely to be against them (considering what a mess scary in), maybe Drnkwitz has buy in and they committed to go there and get a game they think they can win? That wouldn’t be same ol mizzou. Still no chance I’d play them either, easy easy pass for me but will be interested in how motivated and composed mizzou plays, or doesnt!

I’m not sure miss st has any desire to play hard the rest of the season, maybe for the egg bowl. I think UGA crushes them, something like 38-3

Alabama 1h plays per usual, not touching the full game line. Think UK either shortens the game, or Alabama takes any opportunity to get more backups in if possible

I think AU should win, but not sure I trust them to cover 2 scores. Looking at UT 1h, then maybe fade them 2h based on their recent trends

Will be on same 1h stuff for Florida as Alabama

Some huge losses there for UK. Rodriguez has been great. And 4 of the 5 are future nfl players. Could get ugly. Bama been off for three weeks too.

Back