SEC Games with PR:

UGA @ Mizzou (+7)
Vandy @ Kentucky (-18.5)
aTm @ Tennessee (+9)
AU @ Miss St (+6)
Alabama @ LSU (+18)
Arkansas @ Florida (-14)
SC @ Ole Miss (-5.5)

Things I'm looking at situationally: Florida off the huge win, probably not the ideal team coming in. Ark is confident and they will play hard, could see a struggle. How does UGA bounceback knowing their goals are all pretty much gone? Does Kirby take some lumps by playing Daniels trying to get him ready for next year? Possibly a couple of tricky road games for Aggies and AU. AU off the bye should be fine, but it is a weird series. Didn't think we'd see a line like this for Alabama-LSU, but that Tiger defense is going to be pretty overmatched. I'm sure it will be the best effort LSU has given all season, but will it be enough?

Alabama 1H ....6-0 so far
Alabama 1Q.....6-0 so far
Alabama 1Q Over....5-0-1 so far....but this games line might be too high
Alabama 1H Over....5-1 so far.....line might be too high
Alabama 1H TT over....5-0-1 so far....again, might be too high

Lumps? JT Daniels would surely be an upgrade over two qbs in DM and SB who couldn‘t hit an open receiver 10 yards past the los to save their life! I don‘t get why Daniels isn‘t playing? Health?

Lumps? JT Daniels would surely be an upgrade over two qbs in DM and SB who couldn‘t hit an open receiver 10 yards past the los to save their life! I don‘t get why Daniels isn‘t playing? Health?
I think if he was better than the other two, he'd be playing. He was supposedly medically cleared before the Alabama game, but maybe that's not true?

Sounds like the Alabama-LSU game is in danger of being moved due to covid. Small outbreak of 4 players, but obviously the quarantine stuff makes that number go up. Only one scholarship QB available Saturday, Brennan may be out for season

Sounds like LSU doesn’t want to play

Just being real. I thought Ed said the whole team already heard it. Must be a real nasty LA version

I see Florida as a bet against team when they are favored. They can't run the ball and that defense isn't great. Give up leads when you can't run. It's all Trask, all the time for this team.

I see Florida as a bet against team when they are favored. They can't run the ball and that defense isn't great. Give up leads when you can't run. It's all Trask, all the time for this team.

Plus the letdown angle. Last year after facing Georgia, they were 0-0 after a quarter against Vandy...they did come around and beat Vandy 56-0. The year before they lost the 1H 21-10 to Missouri and then also the game 38-17 after facing Georgia. Think of the letdown they'll have after actually beating Georgia! This is a huge win also for Mullen personally. He does not have his team disciplined (see the fight vs Missouri, etc.) and he will not have them focused on Arkansas.

How would life be different if Kirby Stupid had decided to start Justin Fields over Jake Fromm?!

Hindsight is certainly 20-20. I'm trying to remember back 3 years ago, but after what Fromm did his first year there wasn't any need to make a change to a true freshman QB right? Fromm had just won the SEC and nearly won a national title if it wasn't for a the 2nd and 26 Bama OT TD. I know they tried to work in Fields in 2018, but Fromm was still proving at that time to be the better option right? We have the benefit of knowing everything that has taken place at Georgia and Ohio State 2018 til now, but backing up and putting ourselves in Kirby's shoes then it is difficult to say he made the wrong decision at the time he was having to make that decision. Now knowing things that Kirby did not know then, it is easy to say he did.

As a bettor I’m praying this Bama game gets played. I understand a lot goes with it etc etc etc. NOTHING I have seen could keep me off of Bama 1st H, Bama Team total or First Half Over. Covid, Opt-outs, Injuries, Natty Hangover, possibly worst DC hire in program history (I see you Lou Tepper) no excuse works or limits the beatdown that will be unleashed if this game gets played. We made Auburn look like a decent team for heavens sake. Don’t overthink it if the games goes down.

Hindsight is certainly 20-20. I'm trying to remember back 3 years ago, but after what Fromm did his first year there wasn't any need to make a change to a true freshman QB right? Fromm had just won the SEC and nearly won a national title if it wasn't for a the 2nd and 26 Bama OT TD. I know they tried to work in Fields in 2018, but Fromm was still proving at that time to be the better option right? We have the benefit of knowing everything that has taken place at Georgia and Ohio State 2018 til now, but backing up and putting ourselves in Kirby's shoes then it is difficult to say he made the wrong decision at the time he was having to make that decision. Now knowing things that Kirby did not know then, it is easy to say he did.
From what I've heard, Kirby made promises to Fields to get him to commit, and then didn't follow through. You're exactly right on Fromm and it would be near impossible to bench a guy that took the team to a playoff appearance and a near championship win. But when they worked Fields in the following year, it was almost exclusively to run the ball. The perception is that Fields wasn't given a fair chance to show what he could do and possibly beat Fromm out. Alabama almost lost Tua to transfer because anyone who watched the games could tell that he was a far superior QB to Jalen Hurts, but as with Fromm, he had taken the team to a championship appearance and lost on the last play. Honestly, if it hadn't been for Hurts getting benched at halftime against UGA, Tua may have left, even though he played a ton during the season with the 1st team offense. But I think the main difference was that Tua was given a fair chance where Fields was not.

Sounds like AU has some positive cases now too, guess it's a good thing their game already got moved

LSU-Alabama game postponed. Saw someone say it may be pushed to next weekend and our game with UK moved to 12/12, and LSU-Ark moved to weekend after SECCG

LSU-Alabama game postponed. Saw someone say it may be pushed to next weekend and our game with UK moved to 12/12, and LSU-Ark moved to weekend after SECCG

Wow. I definitely support moving games around to get them in, but playing the weekend AFTER the league championship game, isn't the league title game 12/19 that would mean the next weekend would be day after Christmas? Or are they trying to do it the same day as the SEC Title game?

Wow. I definitely support moving games around to get them in, but playing the weekend AFTER the league championship game, isn't the league title game 12/19 that would mean the next weekend would be day after Christmas? Or are they trying to do it the same day as the SEC Title game?
No clue. It's just a rumor for now, probably no truth to it. I doubt they can schedule it for the same day as SECCG right now because neither team is technically eliminated from winning the West yet

They must be trying to use the week of the SEC Title game for the rescheduled games rather than the week after.

Since this started to unfold so early in the week, it would've been nice if the SEC could've made some on-the-fly rescheduled games like..Alabama could play somebody else, or whoever the teams that are in an ok position, match them vs some other teams who can play and let the ones that can't play take their week off.

LSU quarterback Myles Brennan, who started the first three games of the season and has been sidelined with an injury ever since, might not play another down for the Tigers in 2020.

Coach Ed Orgeron told reporters on Wednesday that Brennan, who is dealing with an abdominal/hip injury that has caused him to miss practice and games, will probably shut things down for the rest of the season. He added that the injury could require surgery.

Am I crazy for considering a play on Vandy if it gets to 17.5? I don't see UK putting up more than 24 as I see it as a 24-13 type of game, so let me know what I might be missing...

I'm not putting this here as any type of deterrent for Vandy or suggestion for UK...we have seen many players leave and be asbsent from game action this year, sometimes it matters sometimes it doesn't. Vandy has been hit really hard and here are two more:

Vanderbilt defensive backs Frank Coppet and D.C. Williams, both part-time starters, have entered the NCAA transfer portal at midseason.

Williams was listed as a starter on Vanderbilt’s depth chart for Saturday’s game (11 a.m., SEC Network) at Kentucky. Coppet was a former starter who had been hampered by injuries.

I'm not putting this here as any type of deterrent for Vandy or suggestion for UK...we have seen many players leave and be asbsent from game action this year, sometimes it matters sometimes it doesn't. Vandy has been hit really hard and here are two more:

I love some of these youngsters commitment.
Future spouses should keep these things in mind.

Interesting....

Eight Tennessee football assistant coaches have declined proposed pay cuts as the athletic department deals with a $40 million loss in revenue during the coronavirus pandemic.

Tennessee announced pay cuts in October starting Nov. 1 through June 30 for employees making more than $50,000 per year. But Tennessee football coaches must agree to any reductions as part of their contracts.

The Knoxville News Sentinel reported Friday that every head coach at Tennessee signed a contract amendment agreeing to reduce pay through June 30.

But athletic department spokesman Tom Satkowiak confirmed Friday that eight assistants did not. They were offensive coordinator Jim Chaney, the highest paid of the eight at $1.6 million per year; defensive coordinator Derrick Ansley; offensive line coach Will Friend; quarterbacks coach Chris Weinke; inside linebackers coach Brian Niedermeyer; outside linebackers coach Shelton Felton; tight ends coach Joe Osovet; and strength and conditioning coach A.J. Artis, the lowest-paid assistant at $200,000 per year.

The only football assistants to accept pay cuts were wide receivers coach Tee Martin and running backs coach Jay Graham, who both played at Tennessee.

Tennessee coach Jeremy Pruitt was not asked to take a pay cut because he did not accept a raise for 2020 in a contract extension signed in September. Athletic director Phillip Fulmer announced in August that he would take a 15% pay cut that started Nov. 1.

Tells me the ones that took the pay cut have some respect for the university and understanding of what the financial troubles are. The ones who didn't don't expect to be there very long, (either by their own choice or the university's choice) so they aren't willing to help their current employer out when the current employer may soon be their former employer.

Back