SEC PR lines for week 11:

Auburn -6 @ UGA
Tennessee -12 vs Kentucky
LSU -2 @ Arkansas
Alabama -36 vs Miss St
aTm -11 vs Ole Miss
Mizzou -3 vs Vandy
Florida -15 vs S Carolina

Not sure I adjusted enough for Kelly being out, but not sure I trust aTm right now regardless. Who knows where their heads are? Same for LSU. As CK has mentioned previously, Arkansas turns into a different team in November. And after all the hype and talk for LSU leading up to last week's game, easy to see a flat spot. They've lost to Arky immediately following a loss to Alabama the last 2 seasons, both by 17 points. I tend to think the AU-UGA game is a one score type game that will resemble some of AU's earlier games this season. UGA can stop the run, and AU probably without Pettway. Heard he may have torn his quadriceps. Also unclear on Sean White, if he's injured or what. Rumors that he was suspended but had it lifted because the game was in doubt. UGA on offense will be pushed around by AU's defense. Feels like a 21-17 type game to me. AU has the target on their back now, and that's not the spot where they play well. Don't see how anyone can take Mizzou as a favorite against anyone. I will almost certainly be on South Carolina. Who is Florida to be laying 2 TDs to anyone? This game will be 13-10 max. Will look hard at unders in UF/USC and AU/UGA as well. Miss St beating aTm was probably best thing to happen to Alabama for this week. That should help us regain our focus, though this year's team seems more adept at maintaining focus than some previous teams. I'm not too interested in taking a 4 TD+ favorite in this situation, but I'm not taking State either. May be some team total bets there that are enticing. But 11 am kicks are hard for me to handicap, especially for a team that only plays one a year.

Had another losing day in NCAA last week getting back into it, but went 7-0 in NFL yesterday so hopefully can carry that momentum moving forward. Looking forward to everyone's thoughts. Good luck this week

Cocks actually came through this weekend beating Mizzou and putting the cocks in a position to be in a bowl this year, and hopefully compete for the remainder of the season. Bentley looks like he is definitely what we need to be building a team around, and I am excited at the prospect to do that moving forward. Mizzou game was a big game for us on a recruiting level as a number of our potential recruits were at the game this weekend and they got to experience Willy B even if during the day and 85% capacity. I was one of the doom and gloom camp when we hired Muschamp but I have got to say we look night and day from the team last year when we lost to the Citadel.

I will likely take us and the points this weekend as well. Our D has been solid enough to hold Florida offense in check, and this will be the best D that Bentley will have faced so I would not be surprised to see him turn it over some (he has not turned it over yet through 3 games). I agree under is probably a great look as it will go something similar to how the Tennessee game went in terms of pace.

Auburn -6 @ UGA
LSU -2 @ Arkansas
Alabama -36 vs Miss St
aTm -11 vs Ole Miss
Mizzou -3 vs Vandy

Not sure I adjusted enough for Kelly being out, but not sure I trust aTm right now regardless. Who knows where their heads are? Same for LSU. As CK has mentioned previously, Arkansas turns into a different team in November. And after all the hype and talk for LSU leading up to last week's game, easy to see a flat spot. They've lost to Arky immediately following a loss to Alabama the last 2 seasons, both by 17 points. I tend to think the AU-UGA game is a one score type game that will resemble some of AU's earlier games this season. UGA can stop the run, and AU probably without Pettway. Heard he may have torn his quadriceps. Also unclear on Sean White, if he's injured or what. Rumors that he was suspended but had it lifted because the game was in doubt. UGA on offense will be pushed around by AU's defense. Feels like a 21-17 type game to me. AU has the target on their back now, and that's not the spot where they play well. Don't see how anyone can take Mizzou as a favorite against anyone. I will almost certainly be on South Carolina. Who is Florida to be laying 2 TDs to anyone? This game will be 13-10 max. Will look hard at unders in UF/USC and AU/UGA as well. Miss St beating aTm was probably best thing to happen to Alabama for this week. That should help us regain our focus, though this year's team seems more adept at maintaining focus than some previous teams. I'm not too interested in taking a 4 TD+ favorite in this situation, but I'm not taking State either. May be some team total bets there that are enticing. But 11 am kicks are hard for me to handicap, especially for a team that only plays one a year.

Had another losing day in NCAA last week getting back into it, but went 7-0 in NFL yesterday so hopefully can carry that momentum moving forward. Looking forward to everyone's thoughts. Good luck this week

Shea Patterson got 1st team reps yesterday, but I'm not sure what to make of that. I think Freeze is preparing for the nightmare scenario where Pellerin goes down, and he's forced to play Patterson, but I think we'll know more as the week progresses. In any event, the offense is going to look much different now. Pellerin is an athlete playing QB. He's got a big arm, but he's struggled with accuracy. Freeze would be wise to model his game plan after Mullen's against A&M last week as Fitzgerald's skill set isn't significantly different than Pellerin's. Pellerin probably gives Ole Miss the best chance to stay within the number, but I'm guessing that Freeze has other concerns.

If Patterson starts, then I expect Freeze to protect him with the screen game and short and intermediate throws. He doesn't have Kelly's arm, and even if he did, I don't think letting him push the ball downfield as often as Kelly did is a recipe for success on the road.

Regardless of who starts at QB, Ole Miss needs several OL back to have any chance. In fact, if I were considering any action on this game then I would be more interested in their status than who is starting at QB.

If I am pressitup I want to know what the fuck Chavis is doing letting Mess St run for 365?
I know I have a hard on for his one foot out the door lazy recruiting on the Dline but that was bad.
Strangely, enjoyed Sat night...0-0 going to the fourth. Bama Dline is fantasy good, but LSU just doesn't have the O line caliber player to buy a Purdue transfer time to beat them....
O putting up an 0, didn't help his case

Shea Patterson got 1st team reps yesterday, but I'm not sure what to make of that. I think Freeze is preparing for the nightmare scenario where Pellerin goes down, and he's forced to play Patterson, but I think we'll know more as the week progresses. In any event, the offense is going to look much different now. Pellerin is an athlete playing QB. He's got a big arm, but he's struggled with accuracy. Freeze would be wise to model his game plan after Mullen's against A&M last week as Fitzgerald's skill set isn't significantly different than Pellerin's. Pellerin probably gives Ole Miss the best chance to stay within the number, but I'm guessing that Freeze has other concerns.

If Patterson starts, then I expect Freeze to protect him with the screen game and short and intermediate throws. He doesn't have Kelly's arm, and even if he did, I don't think letting him push the ball downfield as often as Kelly did is a recipe for success on the road.

Regardless of who starts at QB, Ole Miss needs several OL back to have any chance. In fact, if I were considering any action on this game then I would be more interested in their status than who is starting at QB.

it

would burn his RS right?

If I am pressitup I want to know what the fuck Chavis is doing letting Mess St run for 365?
I know I have a hard on for his one foot out the door lazy recruiting on the Dline but that was bad.
Strangely, enjoyed Sat night...0-0 going to the fourth. Bama Dline is fantasy good, but LSU just doesn't have the O line caliber player to buy a Purdue transfer time to beat them....

The level of defensive play was fantastic on both sides. Reminded me of 2011. No missing tackles, few if any busted coverages, just players making plays. Much more enjoyable to watch for me than video game football

Pretty sure that game could have gone on for two months and LSU wouldn't have scored.

The positive is it should dampen the excitement for Orgeron getting the job, though now it appears a large portion of the fan base just wants to hand it to Aranda.

On the road for several meetings today, will update injury notes tonight or in the morning.

Pretty sure that game could have gone on for two months and LSU wouldn't have scored.

this

even with all day to throw your QB wasn't gonna do anything against that defense. O going nuts on him for yelling at his brothers was funny to see, too

...I don't see a motivation disadvantage for LSU this week against Arkansas, though I thought this game was always a day after Thanksgiving game? They were really stupid to talk like they did and i still have no idea why the DB said they'd dominate them other than being a total idiot, but they always struggle with ARK

The level of defensive play was fantastic on both sides. Reminded me of 2011. No missing tackles, few if any busted coverages, just players making plays. Much more enjoyable to watch for me than video game football

Far and away the best game of the year to date. Was fantastic to watch. Good drama. Even the refs were mostly good about not ruining it and letting them play.

It was moved from Thanksgiving a few years ago to accommodate the aggie need for a "rivalry" game that week.

Far and away the best game of the year to date. Was fantastic to watch. Good drama. Even the refs were mostly good about not ruining it and letting them play.

Could not agree more as most of the game hinged on every play. Sounds like something a baby made by Danielson and Verne would say. But it was true.

I'm guessing Fournette would rather see any NFL team on his schedule instead of Alabama.

Unless Hurts get injured, everyone else is playing for 2nd place.

They are saying Del Rio may be out for the game this week.
Looks that way.

Also LB Jarrad Davis will more than likely be out, LB Alex Anzalone is done for the season with broken left arm, and DE CeCe Jefferson is a game-time decision with a foot injury. Supposedly there is more as well.

Agree

Those kids were poppin out there.....Danny K has already started his trolling, but this wasn't a BC/Wake 3-0 game....this was NFL talent on D everywhere.

Seeing it live was just unreal....

The positive is it should dampen the excitement for Orgeron getting the job, though now it appears a large portion of the fan base just wants to hand it to Aranda.

On the road for several meetings today, will update injury notes tonight or in the morning.

LOL

been seeing this too.....he performed a masterpiece, no doubt and he will be a HC too.....how soon? Well, he had a lotta veiwers on Sat night

this

even with all day to throw your QB wasn't gonna do anything against that defense. O going nuts on him for yelling at his brothers was funny to see, too

...I don't see a motivation disadvantage for LSU this week against Arkansas, though I thought this game was always a day after Thanksgiving game? They were really stupid to talk like they did and i still have no idea why the DB said they'd dominate them other than being a total idiot, but they always struggle with ARK

TAMU

when TAMU came to the SEC, they moved that to our last game.......TAMU and LSU have an old rivalry believe it or not....and especially now how we recruit TX, it is a big game for both

The DB that said that actually played the game of his life, and probably earned himself a few bucks. The D was dominant. ARe dominant

If I told you Wisky would score 1 TD, Aubbie no TDs, and Bama would score 10 total and said LSU would lose every game.....what would you think...that is the state of the O.....the line is just not caliber needed

Agree

Those kids were poppin out there.....Danny K has already started his trolling, but this wasn't a BC/Wake 3-0 game....this was NFL talent on D everywhere.

Seeing it live was just unreal....

Kannell is a professional troll. I don't care what offenses you put on the field Saturday night. Nobody was going to be moving the ball with any regularity. Can you imagine the shock 85% of college offensive players would have felt when the first defender they encountered not only tried to tackle them, but succeeded?

So 2.9% chance but would say something to how bad the East is if the Cocks win it. Would need:

Tenn beating Kentucky and losing to Vandy or Mizzou
Auburn beating Georgia
LSU beating Florida
Cocks beating Florida

So pretty much not going to happen but would be hilarious.

Is there a scenario where Vandy wins the east? Now, that I would go for. And I have a Gator ticket to win.

Glorious defense on Saturday night. It was a joy. I watched every bit of Bama/Lsu and not the Ags. I missed most of the first half running around the garage looking for things to kill after the "roughing the passer" penalty. When you take the two words your wife hates most and combine them into GFD! said about 10 times in the first 3 minutes, you need to go out and silently strangle a small rodent.
Ags are hurt, have been for a while. I was surprised Armani Watts was in the game. The way he played he was invisible. Big drop off without Myles 100%. Willis was out at CB, normally wouldn't think that too bad, but think how the backup must be.
When the Ags fumbled the first two kickoffs and the players looked at each other while the ball laid on the ground, I thought "11am kickoff", crap. They looked like they all shared a blunt on the way down the tunnel.

I like Vandy this week and Kentucky.

Miss St @ Alabama (Noon) Miss St +24.5/47.5 Miss St off huge home win against aTm and FCS prior with Arkansas on deck. Bowl hopes still alive. Alabama off of 10-0 win at LSU and bye prior with FCS on deck. Miss St only gotten to DD once in past 5 games in series - avg score Bama 30- Miss St 9. Miss St offense and inability to pass against good defense should be real trouble for them although Fitzgerald is growing into better QB but shouldn't have tons of open looks to Ross like they had last game. Not great spot for Bama coming off LSU but Miss St shouldn't be able to score much. Prob will be lethargic and low scoring. I don't trust a team that can only run to score much on Bama (see LSU 2010-2016) I bet under 57 big

USCe @ UF (Noon) UF -7.5/37.5 USCe coming off Umass win, Tenn win and had Mizzou at home where they played really well and won by 10. USCe much better with Bentley under center. They are going to have trouble moving ball here consistently. Muschamp back to swamp... UF off bye, UGA win and trip to Arky in which they were just destroyed in all phases. Need this for division and trips to Baton Rouge and Tallahassee on deck. Tricky little spot for UF - few defensive matchups in their favor but situationals in favor of USCe. UF without LDR and arguably top LB duo in nation. UF will be big fav - no way I would lay anything large - should be low scoring and will be totaled super low prob. UF can't run or pass right now and USCe has both trending in the right way and a good enough defense to slow/stop anything the Appleby's wanna do. I bet USCe +17 - really like that one.

Kentucky @ Tennessee (Noon) UT -4/58 Kentucky off three straight wins, before the night game against UGA where they lost late. Tenny off bye and then loss at USCe and killed FCS on scoreboard but game was closer than 55-0 looking at box. Team still in disarray. Tenn strong rush offense and poor rush defense. Kentucky strong rush offense and poor rush defense. Tenn 30-1 last 31 games and past few years have been UT blowouts but it doesn't feel like that this game. Gran has shown he will just commit to run the wildcat up and down field and I trust him to coach to his teams strengths while Debord is prob the worst coordinator in SEC (DC Cross at Mizzou giving him nice run) Vols going to be lined way too high, I think - yep, I bet UK +14 -115.

Auburn @ UGA (3:30) UGA +7.5/45.5 Auburn coming off win @ Ole Miss, Vandy close win at home and FCS on deck. UGA coming off bye, UF loss and trip to UK where Eason drove them late and got the win in gutty game. Auburn rush offense has turned lethal 2H of year although QB and RB situation is murky with injuries and stopping run is strength of UGA defense. I worry about the depth of the UGA front 7 - very young and not much quality depth on DL and they will need it here. UGA can't pass and Auburn super tough to run on but has lot of injuries to LB corp. Looks to be very low scoring and a game where Auburn can salt it away late. Would be mildly concerned how UGA defense holds up for 4Q so if given chance to bet under, would consider 1H. UGA winners of past 2 and 4 of past 5. Auburn with more to play for but should get fully focused effort from Dawgs I think. I bet under 50.5

Vanderbilt @ Missouri (3:30) Mizzou -4.5/52 Vanderbilt off bye and trip to Auburn where they competed very well - Shurmur completed better than 50% of his passes against SEC foe for first time in career. Have to win this one to have shot at bowl game - OM and UT games at home to round out year. Mizzou off trip to Columbia, SC where they played much better and certainly deserved better than a 10 pt loss - defense was improved with Odom's change - @ Tenn and Arky to finish. Webb should be able to run some on Mizzou defense but I'm not sure how much they can do. Mizzou offense should be able to move it against over matched Vandy defense but I'm growing tired of Lock and his inconsistency. Somebody has to win, I think it will be Mizzou and early market indications agree.

LSU @ Arkansas (7:00) Arky +4/49 LSU off bye and Bama game in which the offense fell back into old ways. They rarely play well in the game following Bama - win or lose. Arkansas off bye and demolishing UF - defense was fantastic for Hogs and offense NOVEMBERT balanced. Matchup wise LSU with one main edge, they should be able to run against Hogs and I also things Hogs can have success if they can establish the run. Pace should be slow but get sense there could be lots of big plays. Hogs 2-0 last 2 years and Hogs have only been blown out once in past 10 years. Game is very often decided by one score. Played Hogs +14 on GOY line.

Ole Miss @ aTm (7:30) aTm -6.5/76.5 (*Before last game not sure how to adjust right now*) Ole Miss off 3 losses and then hosted Ga So and the option last week and got the win but prob lost Chad Kelly in 3Q to a knee. They just pounded the ball after that and didn't burn Patterson's redshirt. aTm off Bama, NMSU and trip to Starkville where they got embarrassed and lost their QB as well- neither have much of a lookahead. OM winners of past 2 and 2 of past 4. I had this as an almost surefire over bet but no idea what to do with anything as of now. I bet Ole Miss +20 and Over 52.5/54 large and don't care if Beavis and Butthead split the QB reps those are absurd numbers, IMO. Does Freeze pull Shea's shirt in an attempt to win out for audition for Oregon job where we would be competing with Mullen in interview room? I had aTm less than a TD fav before either team played last week and at most Kelly worth a full TD (he would be about as valuable as any player to team).

UNC @ Duke (Thurs 7:30) Duke +7.5/61 UNC off bye and hosting GT where they won huge but it was super deceptive - GT had 7+ ypp and 500+ yards offense. Duke off close loss to GT and most recently close home loss to VT where they played a good 2H. Duke has to have this for any hopes to go bowling. Duke pass defense is their weak point and UNC should have a lot of success against them in that area. UNC 22-3 SU since 1990. Duke winners in '12 and '13 but UNC last two 66-31 and 45-20. Should be good tempo and I think both teams matchup well to score. I took Duke +11.5 smaller and Over 54 bigger.

BC @ FSU (Fri 7:30) FSU -17.5/48 BC off win over NC St and home game against Ville where they were lambasted 52-7. FSU off Clemson loss and tricky trip to NC St where they scored late and won 24-20. FSU has weaknesses protecting the QB and against the pass and BC can't throw so shouldn't exploit that too bad and don't get after the QB particularly well this year. BC rush defense is tough and that is where FSU will want to pound. All around looks to be pretty defensive and slow paced - BC not a threat to get past 14 (VT - 0, Clemson 10, Ville 7) and FSU unlikely to hang huge number (Clemson and Ville both 50+ though..). FSU winners of past 6 most recently 14-0 and 20-17. I took Under 52.5

NC State @ Cuse (12:30) Cuse PICK/59.5 (Assuming Dungey in and 100%) NC State killed at Ville, embarrassed at home by BC and lost to FSU at home in a game where they played pretty well and were prob unlucky not to win. NC St needs this one to bowl and Cuse absolutely has to have this one. Cuse off bye and trip to Clemson where they lost QB Dungey in 1Q and were embarrassed 54-0 - FSU on deck. NC St 8-1 all time versus Cuse but really nothing I infer due to Cuse coaching change. NC St running game much better last game against FSU than they were against BC. NC St vulnerable against pass and it really all comes down to Dungey status - he has gotten destroyed all season and his injury this time was to head/non throwing shoulder but no status updates. I suppose his backup could fill in and do fine with 1st team reps all week but wouldn't feel comfortable doing much without Dungey.

Miami @ UVA (2:00) UVA +6/58.5 Miami collapsing down stretch and had lost 4 in row before crushing Pitt. Nothing going particularly well for them but losses in trenches impacting them on both sides although Kaaya had a career day against Pitt secondary which is a weekly occurrence for ACC QB's. Miami needs this to go bowling. UVA off close home loss to Ville and trip to Wake where they lost 27-20 in a game they were -3 in TO and both teams inept offensively. Teams split past two years and UVA usually plays them well. UVA all pass on offense and can't stop pass on defense. Miami started out running all over teams but now their true colors show and they can't run but pass pretty well and should be able to move it against Hoos secondary. Hard to gauge UVA mindset here and not sure I'm ready to buy Miami bounce because all Pitt games really mean nothing and should generally be discarded.

Pitt @ Clemson (3:30) Clemson -16/68.5 (Assuming Watson 100%) Clemson off FSU win and just crushed Cuse that was down a QB and they lost Watson for part of 1H and all of 2H as well. Pitt comes to town here and should be their toughest test left on the schedule. Pitt off home loss to VT and trip to Miami where they got a number hung on them. Pitt secondary should get destroyed by Clemson pass offense and Pitt offense facing a rush defense that is super tough to run on. Not a great matchup for Pitt on paper but gut tells me they can compete here they do most games and they are just a team that can't be confined to paper. Pitt had 3 losses by combined 11 points before Miami game and lost by 23 but that was inflamed - field position/TO ultimately cost them big. Only defense comparable to Clemson Pitt has faced was VT and they scored 36 at almost 8 ypp. Pitt has faced a bunch of good offenses and they all score mid 30's+ and Pitt actually hasnt been held to less than 28 since the opener. This is a hard game to handicap for me.

GT @ VT (3:30) VT -11/58.5 (Assuming healthy QB and C for GT - both left game last week) GT off the Carolinas and now have the Virginias. VT off Duke and have ND up next but shouldnt be a look ahead with ND being down and the division being on the line in conference. GT 1-5 last 6 against VT and they haven't score more than 27 in that stretch. This is now quite a few times that Foster has seen the option and I like him to make a plan. GT was lucky against Duke two weeks ago and unlucky last week to be beaten in the manner they were. GT offense has been really good past couple games and defense not so much - past two games against Duke and UNC have avg 1,159 yards - the GT defense may be horrid, I think they could be. Pace would be concern backing points - couldn't back VT here would be dog or nothing on side.

Wake @ Ville (7:00) Ville -28/53.5 Wake off home loss to Army and got pretty fortunate to beat UVA last week. Ville off close win @ UVA and just mauled @ BC. Wake offense should do nothing and their rush defense is pretty good but pass offense looks to be in trouble. Just really looks lopsided though Ville has shown they will give up 13-14 to even the dregs. That seems like a reasonable top end output for Wake who hasn't faced any athletic defenses really except FSU who held them to 250 and 6 points. Wake has given up 500+ twice and that is probably likely as long as Ville interested. 20-19 and 20-10 last two games. Wake rarely blown out only time they've lost by 4TD+ past two years was 50-14 against UNC in 2015. As always with Ville games - side and totally pretty much have outcome determined midway through 1Q. If Ville scores twice fast it's curtains - if Wake can dig in I think their defense could keep them in it for a bit. I bet under 58.5 and will prob add Wake but not in hurry.

SEC:

Arkansas +14 (GOY Line)
USCe +17
Kentucky +14 -115
Ole Miss +20
Miss St/Alabama Under 57
Miss St/Alabama Under 30 1H
Auburn/UGA Under 50.5
Ole Miss/aTm Over 52.5 & 54

ACC:

Duke +11.5
UNC/Duke Over 54
BC/FSU Under 52.5
Wake/Ville Under 58.5
NC State/Syracuse Over 54

Other:
WMU/Kent State Under 56
WMU/Kent State Under 31 1H
Toledo -6.5 (smaller)
Northwestern/Purdue Over 56.5
Penn State/Indiana Over 57.5
Tulsa/Navy Under 75 (smaller)
South Florida -2.5 (smaller)
USC/Washington Under 63
Army/ND Over 51 (smaller)
Tulane TT Over 10.5 -120

Last edited:
Crimson that SC +17 is one hell of a play, kudos there on a great grab. With you on Auburn under, as I think they may struggle this week to be as good as they have been in the run game with Pettway injured. Their LB injuries are of concern though. Like you, not sure how the could hang 20 on TA&M and the total would appear to be 20 pts lower than expected before Kelly and Knight injuries. I fucked around and didn't hit that FSU under (like your play there).

Crimson that SC +17 is one hell of a play, kudos there on a great grab. With you on Auburn under, as I think they may struggle this week to be as good as they have been in the run game with Pettway injured. Their LB injuries are of concern though. Like you, not sure how the could hang 20 on TA&M and the total would appear to be 20 pts lower than expected before Kelly and Knight injuries. I fucked around and didn't hit that FSU under (like your play there).

Thanks Tim I finally funded a BOL account. Why have i ever played anywhere else lol?

FSU/BC - I have a weird thing about unders, I hate betting them on Fridays, one of those weird things that gets stuck in my head and I can't seem to shake it, but that was high enough on BOL that I grabbed it at open.

Thanks Tim I finally funded a BOL account. Why have i ever played anywhere else lol?

FSU/BC - I have a weird thing about unders, I hate betting them on Fridays, one of those weird things that gets stuck in my head and I can't seem to shake it, but that was high enough on BOL that I grabbed it at open.
Nice that BOL took the lead on the totals today in the market, I was surprised but that is why you definitely need an account with them. I got TT/OKST over 84 which I thought was considerably short, and then missed the Akron over deliberating and it got pounded. They are not nearly as sharp as BM, and I love the fact that in CBB they put all the numbers out and BM sticks with just the TV games at least at the beginning of each season. Provides a nice advtg for the bettor imo...

Nice that BOL took the lead on the totals today in the market, I was surprised but that is why you definitely need an account with them. I got TT/OKST over 84 which I thought was considerably short, and then missed the Akron over deliberating and it got pounded. They are not nearly as sharp as BM, and I love the fact that in CBB they put all the numbers out and BM sticks with just the TV games at least at the beginning of each season. Provides a nice advtg for the bettor imo...

Ya today was an incredibly pleasant surprise with them leading on 80% of totals origination and then BM came in with their own but there was still a really nice opportunity to pick off the stuff I thought was bad. CFB is only sport I bet so this is all I really need it for.

Miss St @ Alabama (Noon) Miss St +24.5/47.5 Miss St off huge home win against aTm and FCS prior with Arkansas on deck. Bowl hopes still alive. Alabama off of 10-0 win at LSU and bye prior with FCS on deck. Miss St only gotten to DD once in past 5 games in series - avg score Bama 30- Miss St 9. Miss St offense and inability to pass against good defense should be real trouble for them although Fitzgerald is growing into better QB but shouldn't have tons of open looks to Ross like they had last game. Not great spot for Bama coming off LSU but Miss St shouldn't be able to score much. Prob will be lethargic and low scoring. I don't trust a team that can only run to score much on Bama (see LSU 2010-2016) I bet under 57 big

USCe @ UF (Noon) UF -7.5/37.5 USCe coming off Umass win, Tenn win and had Mizzou at home where they played really well and won by 10. USCe much better with Bentley under center. They are going to have trouble moving ball here consistently. Muschamp back to swamp... UF off bye, UGA win and trip to Arky in which they were just destroyed in all phases. Need this for division and trips to Baton Rouge and Tallahassee on deck. Tricky little spot for UF - few defensive matchups in their favor but situationals in favor of USCe. UF without LDR and arguably top LB duo in nation. UF will be big fav - no way I would lay anything large - should be low scoring and will be totaled super low prob. UF can't run or pass right now and USCe has both trending in the right way and a good enough defense to slow/stop anything the Appleby's wanna do. I bet USCe +17 - really like that one.

Kentucky @ Tennessee (Noon) UT -4/58 Kentucky off three straight wins, before the night game against UGA where they lost late. Tenny off bye and then loss at USCe and killed FCS on scoreboard but game was closer than 55-0 looking at box. Team still in disarray. Tenn strong rush offense and poor rush defense. Kentucky strong rush offense and poor rush defense. Tenn 30-1 last 31 games and past few years have been UT blowouts but it doesn't feel like that this game. Gran has shown he will just commit to run the wildcat up and down field and I trust him to coach to his teams strengths while Debord is prob the worst coordinator in SEC (DC Cross at Mizzou giving him nice run) Vols going to be lined way too high, I think - yep, I bet UK +14 -115.

Auburn @ UGA (3:30) UGA +7.5/45.5 Auburn coming off win @ Ole Miss, Vandy close win at home and FCS on deck. UGA coming off bye, UF loss and trip to UK where Eason drove them late and got the win in gutty game. Auburn rush offense has turned lethal 2H of year although QB and RB situation is murky with injuries and stopping run is strength of UGA defense. I worry about the depth of the UGA front 7 - very young and not much quality depth on DL and they will need it here. UGA can't pass and Auburn super tough to run on but has lot of injuries to LB corp. Looks to be very low scoring and a game where Auburn can salt it away late. Would be mildly concerned how UGA defense holds up for 4Q so if given chance to bet under, would consider 1H. UGA winners of past 2 and 4 of past 5. Auburn with more to play for but should get fully focused effort from Dawgs I think. I bet under 50.5

Vanderbilt @ Missouri (3:30) Mizzou -4.5/52 Vanderbilt off bye and trip to Auburn where they competed very well - Shurmur completed better than 50% of his passes against SEC foe for first time in career. Have to win this one to have shot at bowl game - OM and UT games at home to round out year. Mizzou off trip to Columbia, SC where they played much better and certainly deserved better than a 10 pt loss - defense was improved with Odom's change - @ Tenn and Arky to finish. Webb should be able to run some on Mizzou defense but I'm not sure how much they can do. Mizzou offense should be able to move it against over matched Vandy defense but I'm growing tired of Lock and his inconsistency. Somebody has to win, I think it will be Mizzou and early market indications agree.

LSU @ Arkansas (7:00) Arky +4/49 LSU off bye and Bama game in which the offense fell back into old ways. They rarely play well in the game following Bama - win or lose. Arkansas off bye and demolishing UF - defense was fantastic for Hogs and offense NOVEMBERT balanced. Matchup wise LSU with one main edge, they should be able to run against Hogs and I also things Hogs can have success if they can establish the run. Pace should be slow but get sense there could be lots of big plays. Hogs 2-0 last 2 years and Hogs have only been blown out once in past 10 years. Game is very often decided by one score. Played Hogs +14 on GOY line.

Ole Miss @ aTm (7:30) aTm -6.5/76.5 (*Before last game not sure how to adjust right now*) Ole Miss off 3 losses and then hosted Ga So and the option last week and got the win but prob lost Chad Kelly in 3Q to a knee. They just pounded the ball after that and didn't burn Patterson's redshirt. aTm off Bama, NMSU and trip to Starkville where they got embarrassed and lost their QB as well- neither have much of a lookahead. OM winners of past 2 and 2 of past 4. I had this as an almost surefire over bet but no idea what to do with anything as of now. I bet Ole Miss +20 and Over 52.5/54 large and don't care if Beavis and Butthead split the QB reps those are absurd numbers, IMO. Does Freeze pull Shea's shirt in an attempt to win out for audition for Oregon job where we would be competing with Mullen in interview room? I had aTm less than a TD fav before either team played last week and at most Kelly worth a full TD (he would be about as valuable as any player to team).

UNC @ Duke (Thurs 7:30) Duke +7.5/61 UNC off bye and hosting GT where they won huge but it was super deceptive - GT had 7+ ypp and 500+ yards offense. Duke off close loss to GT and most recently close home loss to VT where they played a good 2H. Duke has to have this for any hopes to go bowling. Duke pass defense is their weak point and UNC should have a lot of success against them in that area. UNC 22-3 SU since 1990. Duke winners in '12 and '13 but UNC last two 66-31 and 45-20. Should be good tempo and I think both teams matchup well to score. I took Duke +11.5 smaller and Over 54 bigger.

BC @ FSU (Fri 7:30) FSU -17.5/48 BC off win over NC St and home game against Ville where they were lambasted 52-7. FSU off Clemson loss and tricky trip to NC St where they scored late and won 24-20. FSU has weaknesses protecting the QB and against the pass and BC can't throw so shouldn't exploit that too bad and don't get after the QB particularly well this year. BC rush defense is tough and that is where FSU will want to pound. All around looks to be pretty defensive and slow paced - BC not a threat to get past 14 (VT - 0, Clemson 10, Ville 7) and FSU unlikely to hang huge number (Clemson and Ville both 50+ though..). FSU winners of past 6 most recently 14-0 and 20-17. I took Under 52.5

NC State @ Cuse (12:30) Cuse PICK/59.5 (Assuming Dungey in and 100%) NC State killed at Ville, embarrassed at home by BC and lost to FSU at home in a game where they played pretty well and were prob unlucky not to win. NC St needs this one to bowl and Cuse absolutely has to have this one. Cuse off bye and trip to Clemson where they lost QB Dungey in 1Q and were embarrassed 54-0 - FSU on deck. NC St 8-1 all time versus Cuse but really nothing I infer due to Cuse coaching change. NC St running game much better last game against FSU than they were against BC. NC St vulnerable against pass and it really all comes down to Dungey status - he has gotten destroyed all season and his injury this time was to head/non throwing shoulder but no status updates. I suppose his backup could fill in and do fine with 1st team reps all week but wouldn't feel comfortable doing much without Dungey.

Miami @ UVA (2:00) UVA +6/58.5 Miami collapsing down stretch and had lost 4 in row before crushing Pitt. Nothing going particularly well for them but losses in trenches impacting them on both sides although Kaaya had a career day against Pitt secondary which is a weekly occurrence for ACC QB's. Miami needs this to go bowling. UVA off close home loss to Ville and trip to Wake where they lost 27-20 in a game they were -3 in TO and both teams inept offensively. Teams split past two years and UVA usually plays them well. UVA all pass on offense and can't stop pass on defense. Miami started out running all over teams but now their true colors show and they can't run but pass pretty well and should be able to move it against Hoos secondary. Hard to gauge UVA mindset here and not sure I'm ready to buy Miami bounce because all Pitt games really mean nothing and should generally be discarded.

Pitt @ Clemson (3:30) Clemson -16/68.5 (Assuming Watson 100%) Clemson off FSU win and just crushed Cuse that was down a QB and they lost Watson for part of 1H and all of 2H as well. Pitt comes to town here and should be their toughest test left on the schedule. Pitt off home loss to VT and trip to Miami where they got a number hung on them. Pitt secondary should get destroyed by Clemson pass offense and Pitt offense facing a rush defense that is super tough to run on. Not a great matchup for Pitt on paper but gut tells me they can compete here they do most games and they are just a team that can't be confined to paper. Pitt had 3 losses by combined 11 points before Miami game and lost by 23 but that was inflamed - field position/TO ultimately cost them big. Only defense comparable to Clemson Pitt has faced was VT and they scored 36 at almost 8 ypp. Pitt has faced a bunch of good offenses and they all score mid 30's+ and Pitt actually hasnt been held to less than 28 since the opener. This is a hard game to handicap for me.

GT @ VT (3:30) VT -11/58.5 (Assuming healthy QB and C for GT - both left game last week) GT off the Carolinas and now have the Virginias. VT off Duke and have ND up next but shouldnt be a look ahead with ND being down and the division being on the line in conference. GT 1-5 last 6 against VT and they haven't score more than 27 in that stretch. This is now quite a few times that Foster has seen the option and I like him to make a plan. GT was lucky against Duke two weeks ago and unlucky last week to be beaten in the manner they were. GT offense has been really good past couple games and defense not so much - past two games against Duke and UNC have avg 1,159 yards - the GT defense may be horrid, I think they could be. Pace would be concern backing points - couldn't back VT here would be dog or nothing on side.

Wake @ Ville (7:00) Ville -28/53.5 Wake off home loss to Army and got pretty fortunate to beat UVA last week. Ville off close win @ UVA and just mauled @ BC. Wake offense should do nothing and their rush defense is pretty good but pass offense looks to be in trouble. Just really looks lopsided though Ville has shown they will give up 13-14 to even the dregs. That seems like a reasonable top end output for Wake who hasn't faced any athletic defenses really except FSU who held them to 250 and 6 points. Wake has given up 500+ twice and that is probably likely as long as Ville interested. 20-19 and 20-10 last two games. Wake rarely blown out only time they've lost by 4TD+ past two years was 50-14 against UNC in 2015. As always with Ville games - side and totally pretty much have outcome determined midway through 1Q. If Ville scores twice fast it's curtains - if Wake can dig in I think their defense could keep them in it for a bit. I bet under 58.5 and will prob add Wake but not in hurry.

SEC:

Arkansas +14 (GOY Line)
USCe +17
Kentucky +14 -115
Ole Miss +20
Miss St/Alabama Under 57
Auburn/UGA Under 50.5
Ole Miss/aTm Over 52.5 & 54

ACC:

Duke +11.5
UNC/Duke Over 54
BC/FSU Under 52.5
Wake/Ville Under 58.5

Other:
WMU/Kent State Under 56
Toledo -6.5 (smaller)
Northwestern/Purdue Over 56.5
Penn State/Indiana Over 57.5
Tulsa/Navy Under 75 (smaller)
South Florida -2.5 (smaller)

Ha

speak on it

Always read this thread, mr crimson, because I know I will always find you here. Impressed as hell by your knowledge and insight, AND ability to express yourself. My one question is where do you find these numbers.Are they openers you have jumped on, or are you buying them with juice.
As an aside, we are both Crimson but from different schools, and we both are undefeated in our respective conferences. Good luck to you, although from what I have seen of the tide, they have so much skill they don't need much luck.

Always read this thread, mr crimson, because I know I will always find you here. Impressed as hell by your knowledge and insight, AND ability to express yourself. My one question is where do you find these numbers.Are they openers you have jumped on, or are you buying them with juice.
As an aside, we are both Crimson but from different schools, and we both are undefeated in our respective conferences. Good luck to you, although from what I have seen of the tide, they have so much skill they don't need much luck.

Thanks, bull. These are just openers that are a combination from BetOnline and Bookmaker. I keep a live line site up on my computer at all times during fall and I log each release to know when to be ready and from there I spend anywhere from a minute to 15 minutes constantly refreshing the site for them to open. The lines open and literally within the first 15 seconds of release the soft lines are jumping a point, two points etc. These are all at -110 unless otherwise indicated - I do occasionally buy a half point but will include price if so. 95% of what I bet this week were on Betonline which is in and of itself it's own little market and my first soiree into that but every week prior the totals have been the BM release which happens around 6 EST every Monday where as the spreads open a few inutes before 7 on Sunday. I should have known you were a Harvard man! I was up that way in August and got a chance to see the campus and spend some time in Maine - I've been fortunate to see a lot of places in the world and that part of the country was right up there for me in terms of beauty

Auburn -6 @ UGA
LSU -2 @ Arkansas
Alabama -36 vs Miss St
aTm -11 vs Ole Miss
Mizzou -3 vs Vandy

Agree with you particularly on bolded. Richt used to own Auburn and I still tend to believe they will give them a tough go here. My friend who is awesome UGA source seemed to agree with me that 24 should be enough for either team to win this one. The whole Sean White deal is just weird.. Lot of speculation happening there.

LDR being ruled out cost some value on the number it seems

TT forecasts are roughly 42.5-12.5 but my guess is this total gets bet down another FG by kick so could be 41-10.5 or so by the time we have a crack at TT. I'd be comfortable going under both

Cocks actually came through this weekend beating Mizzou and putting the cocks in a position to be in a bowl this year, and hopefully compete for the remainder of the season. Bentley looks like he is definitely what we need to be building a team around, and I am excited at the prospect to do that moving forward. Mizzou game was a big game for us on a recruiting level as a number of our potential recruits were at the game this weekend and they got to experience Willy B even if during the day and 85% capacity. I was one of the doom and gloom camp when we hired Muschamp but I have got to say we look night and day from the team last year when we lost to the Citadel.

I will likely take us and the points this weekend as well. Our D has been solid enough to hold Florida offense in check, and this will be the best D that Bentley will have faced so I would not be surprised to see him turn it over some (he has not turned it over yet through 3 games). I agree under is probably a great look as it will go something similar to how the Tennessee game went in terms of pace.

Was it Andre Ware that was calling your game? I thought I liked Bentley but apparently it's nothing compared to how highly he thinks of him - he said without hesitation that he's an NFL QB. I don't disagree but man he was fired up over him. Gusty move by Champ burning his shirt but could end up being coach of year. I bet Cocks Under 5 wins and felt great about it - whoops!

Ha

speak on it

You seen the Rebs recruiting? Tunsil started talkin, NCAA came a knockin and that boat is rockin.

They are ranked 54th on 247 - that's right behind Western michigan, GT, Wake and USF with 10 kids - (1) 4* and (9) 3*

I don't think he's def out the door and certainly less so than Mullen who needs to get the number to passages Malibu from Sark before he takes a new job but I tend to think if that Oregon job opens up Freeze is picking up the phone.. Not sure how a southern baptist that says blessed more than my grandma would fare out there but I tend to think it would be an intriguing hire

Going to back some more on WMU Kent under but went with 1h on a nice number at 31. I didn't make the full game total a whole lot lower than 56 where I bet it, I made it 52 but that was assuming good weather. Still 18 hours to go until kick but multiple weather outlets showing that rain will be a factor, particularly in 1h. Will have some other thoughts on game tomorrow but don't expect 56 and 31 to be around for too long

If we lose to muschamp I'm jumping from the biggest building I can find

Lol

Kannell is a professional troll. I don't care what offenses you put on the field Saturday night. Nobody was going to be moving the ball with any regularity. Can you imagine the shock 85% of college offensive players would have felt when the first defender they encountered not only tried to tackle them, but succeeded?

He's the same guy from that atrocious rap video commitment to FSU. I really feel bad for Russillo losing SVP as his co-host on ESPN Radio for that asshat fifteen hours per week

Is there a scenario where Vandy wins the east? Now, that I would go for. And I have a Gator ticket to win.

Glorious defense on Saturday night. It was a joy. I watched every bit of Bama/Lsu and not the Ags. I missed most of the first half running around the garage looking for things to kill after the "roughing the passer" penalty. When you take the two words your wife hates most and combine them into GFD! said about 10 times in the first 3 minutes, you need to go out and silently strangle a small rodent.
Ags are hurt, have been for a while. I was surprised Armani Watts was in the game. The way he played he was invisible. Big drop off without Myles 100%. Willis was out at CB, normally wouldn't think that too bad, but think how the backup must be.
When the Ags fumbled the first two kickoffs and the players looked at each other while the ball laid on the ground, I thought "11am kickoff", crap. They looked like they all shared a blunt on the way down the tunnel.

I like Vandy this week and Kentucky.

Quite pleased at that loss, such an Aggie thing to do. But not pleased that my life is this way cuz Herman's swoon is gonna keep Charlie around

I'm not sure the AU running game will fall off too much, but Pettway kills spirits as there's no chance any defender wants to take that type of blow to tackle anybody for just a scholarship

Agree with you particularly on bolded. Richt used to own Auburn and I still tend to believe they will give them a tough go here. My friend who is awesome UGA source seemed to agree with me that 24 should be enough for either team to win this one. The whole Sean White deal is just weird.. Lot of speculation happening there.

LDR being ruled out cost some value on the number it seems

TT forecasts are roughly 42.5-12.5 but my guess is this total gets bet down another FG by kick so could be 41-10.5 or so by the time we have a crack at TT. I'd be comfortable going under both

If white got yanked out of a suspension cuz they were losing as I'm hearing then what's the f-Ing point

Was it Andre Ware that was calling your game? I thought I liked Bentley but apparently it's nothing compared to how highly he thinks of him - he said without hesitation that he's an NFL QB. I don't disagree but man he was fired up over him. Gusty move by Champ burning his shirt but could end up being coach of year. I bet Cocks Under 5 wins and felt great about it - whoops!
Haha can't blame you for that CK, I was in the same line of thinking prior to Bentley going in. I just knew that our other QB prospects were not that good, including McIlwain. He got a lot of hype but is not a very good passer and has very little pocket presence and awareness compared to Bentley now that we have had a chance to look at him. As you said Gutsy move to burn Bentley RS but it was necessary to save what recruiting hopes we had. Us making a bowl this year would be a huge win for the program.

You seen the Rebs recruiting? Tunsil started talkin, NCAA came a knockin and that boat is rockin.

They are ranked 54th on 247 - that's right behind Western michigan, GT, Wake and USF with 10 kids - (1) 4* and (9) 3*

I don't think he's def out the door and certainly less so than Mullen who needs to get the number to passages Malibu from Sark before he takes a new job but I tend to think if that Oregon job opens up Freeze is picking up the phone.. Not sure how a southern baptist that says blessed more than my grandma would fare out there but I tend to think it would be an intriguing hire

NO

I will kill someone if we hire him

we getting Feliepe Franks this weekend?

Really pissed how he dumped us late, but dumb Cam shoulda seen it

[FONT=&quot]The battle in the trenches between Alabama's defensive line and LSU's offensive line was more of a bludgeoning than a battle, because the Tigers offered little resistance to the Crimson Tide's elite defensive front seven.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The Tigers' offense was stifled for the second year in a row by a stingy Alabama defense, and the answers to the whys are easily addressed by the butt-whipping the LSU offensive line endured in both contests.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The Tigers came into the season with four returning starters in the group, including center Ethan Pocic, who by most accounts is one of the nation's premier centers, as well as a future NFL draftee in guard Will Clapp and returning starter Maea Teuhema and Toby Weathersby, both of whom showed flashes of excellence in their 2015 freshman campaigns.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]LSU vs. Alabama: The grades are in[/FONT]
[COLOR=#333333 !important][FONT=&quot]Tigers offensively inept, defensively adept[/FONT][/COLOR]
[FONT=&quot]This group was considered a strength for LSU, but it looked like anything but that on Saturday night. So where did it all go wrong? It starts on the recruiting trail.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I would argue that the Tigers started three guards in Teuhema, Weathersby and Boutte, one center in Will Clapp and one tackle in Ethan Pocic. However, only Teuhema and Boutte played the positions they are best suited to play. Under Les Miles, the Tigers seldom signed prototypical offensive tackles to man the edges up front. It may be hard to notice against lesser opponents, but it becomes glaringly obvious against much tougher foes like Alabama, who deploy a front seven that brings both power and speed to the fight.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Let's start with former Brother Martin tackle Will Clapp, who is a third-generation lineman, with his father being a defensive lineman and his grandfather playing center during their playing days. Clapp is undersized for the guard position in a pro-style offense, especially in the SEC. Clapp should have been moved to center early in his career, allowing the only true tackle in the lineup, Ethan Pocic, to move to his natural position--offensive tackle.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]At 6-foot-7, Pocic may be the tallest center on any roster in the country. Length is an asset for most, but when playing inside, leverage is the key, and the Alabama defenders continued to get under his pad level, thus reducing his ability to drive them off the ball. Pocic has the foot speed to play on the edge, but Miles and co. refused to move him there, ultimately limiting his team's ability to counter elite pass rushers.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]LSU's rain of errors kept the Tigers from a perfect game vs. Alabama[/FONT]
[COLOR=#333333 !important][FONT=&quot]No. 1 Alabama did what it always does when its opponent isn't perfect – it finds a way to win.[/FONT][/COLOR]
[FONT=&quot]I spoke with former assistant director of football operations Dean Dingman about this in great length prior to Pocic's announcement to return for his senior year. But Dingman, who was a former offensive lineman at Michigan, was reluctant to disagree with Miles, his boss and mentor, and stated Pocic was a future franchise center at the next level, despite his acknowledgement that Pocic had difficulty winning the leverage battle against upper-echelon defensive tackles.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The Tigers played both Teuhema and Weathersby at right tackle, but I am not convinced that either of them have the physical makeup and foot speed to do so effectively against speed rushers. It would be shortsighted to blame the players, though. They were not put in a position to succeed. Teuhema should never have been asked to play tackle. He isn't built for it. But when the coaches refuse to recruit the proper players to handle the duties, there simply is not another choice at this point.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Under Miles, the passing game was not important. He refused to be moved from his archaic offensive approach, which often looks like an offense that resembles black and white videos of guys playing in leather helmets in an era of offensive innovation. Pass protection was not a priority, because let's face it, passing the ball was more of a last resort than an integral part of the offense.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]And this is the result--an offensive line that cannot protect its quarterback. An offensive line that cannot handle disruptive interior linemen or speed rushers on the edge. An offensive line that is simply outmatched by Alabama--a defense built to whip the LSU offense into submission.[/FONT]

Western Michigan @ Kent State(Tues 7:30) Kent State +20/52 Kent St WMU off prior Tuesday night game in which they won 52-20 at Ball State. Kent State with extra rest after winning 27-24 against CMU. WMU has scored 41+ in every conference game so far but I think they have a tough time getting there tonight against a sneaky good Kent St defense. Kent St scored against the two bad MAC defenses faced 27 points and 423 yards and 44 on 430 against Akron and Buffalo. Against MOH and Ohio they made 262 and 264 and scored 10 and 14 - that feels like a more likely output and production for them here. They can't pass but run okay and WMU wasn't great defending run last week but are above average against run and pass and rely heavily on bend but dont break/takeaways. Rain in forecast so I would probably reduce the total bit more here if that holds true. Concern is no one can stop Corey Davis - esp with Kent St leading tackler at safety suspended for felony kidnapping (he is also brother of Kent St QB - how does that impact him?) Kent St has only allowed 40+ once @ Alabama (48-0) and have only allowed two teams to eclipse the 400 yard mark. Lotta ground game and moving clock - need some RZ trips to end in FG and not TD and I think this one is in business.

Toledo vs Northern Illinois (Wed 8:00 (N) Kaminsky Field) NIU +10/72 Toledo off loss to Ohio couple weeks ago and responded well against Akron last week winning 48-17 where the offense was as good as advertised but defense very fortunate to have only given up 17 - 444 yards. Toledo QB has thrown for 3 TD+ in every game this season and he gets a NIU defense here that is in bottom quarter of national pass defense. Rush defense is slightly better but not much they just aren't a good defensive team. NIU coming off two blowout wins against two MAC cellar dwellars and while they have improved since the 0-4 start - part of that is a function of their competition. IMO.NIU relies heavily on ground game and they face a porous Toledo defense - the 25 ppg they allow isn't an accurate depiction of how bad they prob are. That being said, Toledo has shown much better balance offensively and while both defenses may be similar in terms of how poor they are, I'm a lot more confident in the Toledo offense being far and away the best group that will be on the field all night. NIU are winners of past 6 during their dominant MAC reign and I think Toledo wins this in a changing of the guard game setting up the massive showdown against WMU on 11/25. I think NIU will need 36+ to cover this number and I don't think they get there.

NW @ Purdue (Noon) Purdue +10/62.5 NW off close loss to Ohio State and played host to Wisconsin last week in a 21-7 loss. NW needs this for bowl as they are on 4 wins but should be favored or slight dog in final 3. Purdue off 4 losses in row and have given up 40+ in 3 of those. Purdue nice pass offense but bleeds badly against run. NW somewhat balanced offensively, they have a great WR they defend run just okay but are really bad against pass and that is all Purdue is gonna do. Pace should be very high in this game.

Penn State @ Indiana (Noon) Indiana +5.5/62 Penn St off Ohio State win, big win at Purdue and monster game against Iowa. Indiana off Maryland win where offense came alive and game against Rutgers where the offense confirmed they are indeed very much alive. PSU balanced offensively and playing better in all phases. Indy just a pretty balanced all around team but they may have hard time passing a ton on PSU that is prob their biggest disadvantage in the game. PSU scored on 14 of past 18 drives and have put up over 500 yards in 3 of past 4. Indy had 16 drives last week (15 if you discount when they kneeled it out) and got inside the Rutgers 40 on 13 of those drives! The offense many expected from Indy this year has been on field past two weeks going over 500 yards and scoring 42 and 33. Penn St 18-1 against Indy. Pace should be fast.

Tulsa @ Navy (Noon) Navy -2.5/66 This game was more about feel for me. I actually hadn't handicapped it at all when I bet it. I'm intrigued with any potential under featuring an option team when the total is mid 70's. It's against Tulsa so it's a huge contrast in styles and pace - one of nation's fastest against one of nation's slowest. For perspective, if you value pace, the Tulsa/Ecu game last week opened at 72.5 and had two of the fast moving offenses in all of CFB and this total opens higher with one of slowest that ca grind a game to a halt. How nuts is this? There were 13 total combined possessions last week in Navy/ND - for perspective - the next fewest possessioned game was 18 (Miami Oh/CMU) and highest was 32 (BC/Ville) (I just did a quick glance so I could be wrong). Navy is dominant against unranked teams and have been lethal against all opponents in Nov/Dec the past 4 years at 15-3 SU. Navy games have been pretty nuts all year and Tulsa is super volatile as well but I couldn't pass on this total for a smaller bet.

South Florida @ Memphis (7:00) Memphis +7/76 USF off bye and Navy win before that where they scored on every 1H possession and the Navy offense tacked on a bunch late in a 52-45 win. USF rush offense is outstanding and 500+ yards looks likely in a game where we are likely to see a lot of snaps. USF defense terrible against run but the Memphis stretch play shouldn't pose too much of a threat - Tiger adjusted rush ypc is less than 4. USF pass defense above average and that's where you want to be good against Memphis. Memphis has seen a couple dual threat QB thus far and gave up 48 on 624 and 59 on 596 in those games. Memphis win over SMU appeared to be dominant, 51-7, I didn't see any of it but looking at numbers the -3 in TO prob had more to do with it than anything - they only had 474-308 yardage edge. Taggert P5 audition rolls on.

USC @ Washington (7:30) Wash -6/55 USC off home games against Cal and Oregon and now travel to Washington. Washington off road win at Utah, road game at Cal and now this. USC offense looks to be in beast mode now with Darnold at QB and defense still playing reallyy well. Wash offense humming as well and have a defense playing great as well. Best two teams on West Coast and Wash has to have it for division and bigger goals. Wash won 3 of last 5 and 3 of 5 1 possession. I feel like the total is inflated when you dig deeper though - looking at Wash schedule they have played some terrible defenses - Oregon State is the third toughest defense they have seen this season. Against them they had 519 yards and 41 points - the two best defenses they have seen Stanford and Utah - they had 424 and 385 yards and 44 and 31 points. As you can see in all of those the scoring is inflated relative to the output and what they do against all of the terrible P12 defenses means almost nothing to me as USC is clearly in that group with Utah and Stanford. USC very similar - here are the teams that Darnold has started against with their defensive ypp ranking Utah (79), Arizona State (119), Colorado (9), Arizona (97), Cal (120), Oregon (108) and here they see Washington (13) on the road in a hostile incredible vintage 80's apparel-laden environment.

I see where people draw the conclusion that LSU's OL isn't that good, but Fournette has had zero trouble getting yards against everyone else.

LSU going to run all over Arky this week? Wanted to back November Bielema again + good letdown spot but not sure #7 doesn't go for 200.....

Back