SEC Week 10

How does a sloppy wet environment factor in to the equation tomorrow night? There is something besides chemicals in the air around here. Not sure exactly what it is though.

It's kind of a weird stat. There were times in the dark times of Alabama football where we'd out of nowhere win in BR. Think there was a streak where Alabama won 5 or 6 in a row in BR, but lost 3 or 4 in a row in Tuscaloosa.
As a student we rushed the field in 2000? Bama had a great team but was on probation and not bowl eligible. Broke a long streak of home losses to Bama. I was with my now wife and stayed in the stands. One of my many regrets.

As a student we rushed the field in 2000? Bama had a great team but was on probation and not bowl eligible. Broke a long streak of home losses to Bama. I was with my now wife and stayed in the stands. One of my many regrets.
2000 we were preseason #3 and went 3-8. Opened the season in the Rose Bowl against UCLA. Returned the opening kick for a TD and I thought we were going to be national champions. Mike Dubose had other ideas. We weren't on probation, we just sucked. We were supposed to be good returning everyone from the '99 SEC Champion team, but alas. Probation came a few years later when Franchione was coach and resulted in the Mike Price fiasco

Guess I had the Bama teams mixed up. We stormed the field 4 times that season. I remember asking why were storming the field vs BAMA. Score was 30-28. I think we scored late to win and break the streak. Tennessee OT was another. It was before Saban got us under control. He had some epic press conferences. We got a weekly ass chewing as a fan base. I knew the day he left Miami for Bama we would be sitting here today still facing a monster dynasty. Good for yall but painful for us. Would hate for him to retire. LMAO.

This is why my 41 year old ass risked the jump and went on the field after the win against Bama. It’s been a tough 15 years being a Vols fan.

Attachments

• 4BE678F0-0629-4E19-8817-C6DC6E40B478.jpeg
    4BE678F0-0629-4E19-8817-C6DC6E40B478.jpeg
    436.7 KB · Views: 14
Guess I had the Bama teams mixed up. We stormed the field 4 times that season. I remember asking why were storming the field vs BAMA. Score was 30-28. I think we scored late to win and break the streak. Tennessee OT was another. It was before Saban got us under control. He had some epic press conferences. We got a weekly ass chewing as a fan base. I knew the day he left Miami for Bama we would be sitting here today still facing a monster dynasty. Good for yall but painful for us. Would hate for him to retire. LMAO.
Must’ve sat in the student section as a guest in 2002 when BAMA drummed us 31-0. They lost to Oklahoma and Georgia prior but both were top 10 teams. That BAMA team was very good but not bowl eligible due to 2 year bowl ban. Auburn also beat them that year but they annihilated us at home that year and finished 8-3 with a very legit schedule. Funny how memories run together. Slight chance the copious amounts of drugs, alcohol and old age lead to some revisionist memories.

Someone just told me the flu is going through the aTm team and that Wegman may not play?

Someone just told me the flu is going through the aTm team and that Wegman may not play?
yep
In addition to Weigman, A&M announced that Max Johnson, Bryce Anderson, Ethan Moczulski, Kent Robinson, Kam Dewberry, Fadil Diggs, Deuce Harmon, Antonio Johnson, and Adarious Jones will also miss the game.

UGA by 12 if Mitchell plays. If he is out, UGA by 4.
Thought it would be a tad closer. The 4, I was thinking would be backdoor meaningless td. Utter domination. They had zero chance. Score did not indicate how badly they got smashed. There are levels to this and that team is no where near ready for the elite stage. Period.

I'm still not sure why Tennessee has gotten all the hype. I could be wrong, but they beat an awful Florida team by 5 at home and Pitt in OT. There is a different level coming to Athens and beating the reigning defending undefeated champs. UGA has a few injuries (Nolan Smith - Out, AD Mitchell likely Out), but this team and coaching staff has a lot more big game experience. I can see UGA averaging 7 to 8 ypc and then having Brock and Darnell combine for about 185 and 2 tds. The secondary is a bit of a concern. Ringo has struggled in coverage. With that being said, UGA 38 - Tennessee 27 and their fan base goes back into the backwoods where they have been hiding for the past decade.
Crazy that Brock and big O were not much of a factor. The run game was decent, but did not have the YPC that i was thinking. Either way, that was light work.

One last post. For those who are overthinking college football:

#UGA has faced two teams in the top 10. Oregon and Tennessee each only have one loss. Both losses are to #Georgia. The #Dawgs defense only gave up a combined 16 points in those games.

Go look at the PPG for Oregon and UT when not playing UGA.

Congrats to you GoDawgs. UGA punched Tenn in the mouth and they didn't get off the mat. Should be a breeze to the CFP at this point. I'm not going to to go through the in-game thread, but I was amazed that the SEC gave that ref crew this game. It didn't seem to be a big deal overall, but that non-safety call and their prior transgressions are a travesty that they keep getting the marquee game for this league

LSU -3.5 vs Arkansas. Vegas knows whats up. Our players live for the Bama game. Its tough being the hunted. Excited we are ahead of schedule. Cant see Nick leaving anytime soon. 5 years at the earliest. NIL has changed the
balance though.

Also, I can’t believe I’m writing it….

Bryce Young on LSU and it ain’t close

All LSU asked was for Daniels to throw a little

Oversimplification yes….

LSU has had 5 stars yea…sure

Harold Perkins is unreal.

I wish Maason Smith wasn’t hurt but wow. Never seen a kid just ball like that man

I think it's been pretty clear over the last 6 quarters that Bryce is hurt. I think the adrenaline kicked in during the 4th quarter, but I've never seen him short arm so many throws. Also, this OL for Alabama is not good enough. Not a vintage Bama squad.

I think it's been pretty clear over the last 6 quarters that Bryce is hurt. I think the adrenaline kicked in during the 4th quarter, but I've never seen him short arm so many throws. Also, this OL for Alabama is not good enough. Not a vintage Bama squad.
In think Joey G said it best.

Bama doesn’t have a WR.

In think Joey G said it best.

Bama doesn’t have a WR.
That is an understatement. You can see it by how poorly they block. Go watch skinny ass Devonta Smith get after defenders in the NFL. Then watch our soft ass guys pretend to get in the way of defenders right before they drop a pass that hits them in the face mask

That is an understatement. You can see it by how poorly they block. Go watch skinny ass Devonta Smith get after defenders in the NFL. Then watch our soft ass guys pretend to get in the way of defenders right before they drop a pass that hits them in the face mask
Part of me thinks it makes Bryce look “better”.
I was an early naysayer as you know(wrong obviously)

But it’s a real problem for Bama. LSU has some names on defense and Burns being back helped, but they don’t have anyone that’s scary

It really is a shame that Bryce's talents are going to waste. This Bama team is average at best. What is their best win? Texas with their back up qb? Could easily be 5 - 4. EASILY. Not sure what they are missing, but they look average at best.

The Bama Ole Miss game will be interesting. Can't be more than 7 or 8 pts. I thought Bama was going to beat LSU then lose next week with Ole Miss coming off a bye. Now I am not sure.

Back