SEC Week 0/1

Man great dialogue going on here. Pumped for tomorrow!! Thoughts on A&M?

I lean Texas St. They should be much improved from last season, interested to see what the offense looks like. Their defense was already decent and they return 10 starters I think. Add in the A&M lookahead to Clemson next week, and I could see a game that ends up something like 42-21 A&M

I like the over in the A&M game. Spavital will create some points and Fisher likes to run these patsy games up where he can.

gps, did I see that Harris is now projected to start at one of the middle spots? I think he was a huge miss on our part being so athletic in a LB body type, but he was primarily a perimeter player in high school, WR and CB. Any concern with him adjusting to the physicality this early?

gps, did I see that Harris is now projected to start at one of the middle spots? I think he was a huge miss on our part being so athletic in a LB body type, but he was primarily a perimeter player in high school, WR and CB. Any concern with him adjusting to the physicality this early?

He had passed a couple of guys on the depth chart before McMillion got hurt, and we were hearing that it was just a matter of time before he passed him as well. I don't think the physical part of the position will be a huge issue for either freshman, but the mental aspect will be the key. Saban's defense is notoriously complex, I'm wondering if it will be dialed down a bit so that the young guys can react rather than think.

With the LB situation being what it is, I'm looking hard at the overs in the Alabama-Duke game. Cutcliffe I'm sure can scheme to expose the new LBs, and I expect Alabama to score plenty.

What I think I think on the conference games:

aTm - talked about some earlier, agree with Frank on the over as well

UK - lost 2 of their program's best players ever, not sure they've recruited well enough to come close to replacing them. Toledo one of the better MAC teams, lean Toledo

Ole Miss - has been discussed, I don't have the same faith in Ole Miss as others do, but not racing to bet on Memphis as the favorite either. Probably a pass for me, hope it's easy money for everyone on OM

Miss St - lost a ton as well, but still have some dudes on defense. Kind of a weird neutral site, think it's part of a 2 for 1 deal with La-La. Slight lean to under

Alabama - Was looking to continue trend of Alabama 1H, but thinking now on overs as previously mentioned

SCAR - Who knows what UNC is going to look like, wish I had taken Gamecocks earlier, still going to give them a look

Tenn - like Tenn to cover here, Vols get big boost with Trey Smith cleared to play, not sure what his role is yet

Arkansas - no clue, but probably one of the few games they should definitely win

UGA/Vandy - still like UGA here despite MW's good points above. They're expecting the stadium to be 70% UGA, and I know they are going to travel well.

LSU - haven't looked into this one at all. Triple option teams can be tricky, not sure how it being the first game changes the game planning. Obviously a huge lookahead situation for LSU

AU - game has me stumped. I want to like Oregon, but can't in good conscience take a Pac 12 team against the SEC, especially one as physical as AU. I do kind of like the under. AU's DL will get after Herbert, and have to think the new QB at AU takes a while to get caught up to speed at this level

Mizzou - I kind of like Mizzou this season and in this game, depends on how Bryant looks obviously. Tough place to play with the altitude

What I’m on:

Alabama/Duke O 56.6, 1H O 31, UA TT O44.5
Tenn -26
Ole miss +5.5
Toledo +12
UGA -22, -13 1h, TT O 40.5
LSU/GaSouthern un 52.5
AU/UO un 56

Non SEC:
tOSU -27.5
Northwestern +6.5
Nebby 1h -22

Will probably add throughout the day, will post if I can. Annual battle between wife/kids and football viewing starts today

I rarely play on The Big Orange but I am today.
Vols and Over

This is a bet on Chaney and what I hear he has been doing. Might hang some pts on the board today.

Back