SEC Preseason Discussion

Wonder what the reception for Freeze will be like?
I'm interested too. I'm not representative of most Ole Miss fans in a lot of ways, but I've got mixed feelings about Freeze, and I think a lot of people feel the same way.

I don't give a shit about his personal failings or whether or not he was getting handjobs in massage parlors. I understand that some people might especially given that he held himself out to be a man of faith - but I don't.

His hubris unquestionably made the NCAA case worse in several ways which I won't get in to unless some of you are interested, and his failure to recruit anything that resembled an SEC defense after 2014 handicapped Ole Miss for years. He also won a lot of games, went to back to back access bowls, and made Ole Miss nationally relevant.

I'm guessing the applause will drown out the boos. I want Ole Miss to run them out of the stadium but not because of anything he did while at Ole Miss, but because he will be wearing the other team's logo.

I'm interested too. I'm not representative of most Ole Miss fans in a lot of ways, but I've got mixed feelings about Freeze, and I think a lot of people feel the same way.

I don't give a shit about his personal failings or whether or not he was getting handjobs in massage parlors. I understand that some people might especially given that he held himself out to be a man of faith - but I don't.

His hubris unquestionably made the NCAA case worse in several ways which I won't get in to unless some of you are interested, and his failure to recruit anything that resembled an SEC defense after 2014 handicapped Ole Miss for years. He also won a lot of games, went to back to back access bowls, and made Ole Miss nationally relevant.

I'm guessing the applause will drown out the boos. I want Ole Miss to run them out of the stadium but not because of anything he did while at Ole Miss, but because he will be wearing the other team's logo.
I'm interested

I'm interested

Some of this is getting in the weeds but:
  • Laremy Tunsil got in to a fight with his stepdad, who by all accounts is a piece of shit. Allegedly one of the reasons for the fight was Tunsil deciding to go with a different agent than the guy his stepdad had recommended. Guess who Tunsil opted to go with? Jimmy Sexton. Guess who Freeze's agent was? Yep.
  • Also regarding the fight Freeze said: "We can confirm that Laremy Tunsil turned himself in and was arrested for a misdemeanor, domestic violence-simple assault," Freeze said in a statement provided to ESPN. "The incident occurred Thursday night and involves Laremy defending his mother against his stepfather.
    "Laremy realizes he could have handled it differently, but I am proud of him for standing up for his mother and protecting his family. Laremy and his mother have also pressed charges against the stepfather. As we gather more facts, we will act and make decisions accordingly." So Freeze publicly calls Tunsil's father a wife beater, which he apparently was, but that wasn't a great idea because....
  • Tunsil's stepfather provided 100 hours of testimony to the NCAA when they came to town.
  • There's also some reason to suspect that Tunsil's stepfather is the one who leaked the infamous gas mask video and text messages on draft night or at least provided the video/messages to the person who leaked him.
  • This was also monumentally stupid:
    hughtweet.jpg
  • Apparently Freeze also quoted Bible verses when he first met with NCAA investigators which pissed them off and made them determined to nail him.

Some of this is getting in the weeds but:
  • Laremy Tunsil got in to a fight with his stepdad, who by all accounts is a piece of shit. Allegedly one of the reasons for the fight was Tunsil deciding to go with a different agent than the guy his stepdad had recommended. Guess who Tunsil opted to go with? Jimmy Sexton. Guess who Freeze's agent was? Yep.
  • Also regarding the fight Freeze said: "We can confirm that Laremy Tunsil turned himself in and was arrested for a misdemeanor, domestic violence-simple assault," Freeze said in a statement provided to ESPN. "The incident occurred Thursday night and involves Laremy defending his mother against his stepfather.
    "Laremy realizes he could have handled it differently, but I am proud of him for standing up for his mother and protecting his family. Laremy and his mother have also pressed charges against the stepfather. As we gather more facts, we will act and make decisions accordingly." So Freeze publicly calls Tunsil's father a wife beater, which he apparently was, but that wasn't a great idea because....
  • Tunsil's stepfather provided 100 hours of testimony to the NCAA when they came to town.
  • There's also some reason to suspect that Tunsil's stepfather is the one who leaked the infamous gas mask video and text messages on draft night or at least provided the video/messages to the person who leaked him.
  • This was also monumentally stupid:
    hughtweet.jpg
  • Apparently Freeze also quoted Bible verses when he first met with NCAA investigators which pissed them off and made them determined to nail him.
Totally get it, but like you said….at least he fuxking tried in an absolutely stacked division

Let's talk TENN VOLS QB this year @ProV1Colt @Ryno14 and others.

Milton the front-runner right now?

I saw another 'Cam' comparison today. The tools, sure... but can he bring it in a game? Obviously a lot of factors last year worked against him.

Let's talk TENN VOLS QB this year @ProV1Colt @Ryno14 and others.

Milton the front-runner right now?

I saw another 'Cam' comparison today. The tools, sure... but can he bring it in a game? Obviously a lot of factors last year worked against him.
Not sure if my notifications just aren’t working or what, but completely missed this. Sounds like it’s Milton for sure. He’s been the most consistent from everything I’ve heard. Our prodigal savior, HB, seems to be running 3rd behind Hooker. Just think Milton and Hooker fit the offense much more. Excited to see us maybe score 30 or more in a game after Pruitt ball…obviously, I’d expect all 3 to play against BG

I’m slowly warming up to LSU play vs UCLA.

PAC12 media types thinking UCLA defensive front 7 is better than LSU's! Now, they might be geographically or mentally biased towards the PAC12 team in this matchup, I don't know if it is correct or wrong, but UCLA football has come to the point and expectations are such that a reasonable person actually made that claim. Think it was Yogi Roth. Would have to check. Everyone would and does agree there are areas that LSU has personnel advantages, but it was quite a thing to think that maybe, just maybe, UCLA's starting DL/LB and hybrid LB/S type is superior.

Granted you aren't familiar with UCLA's players that much, but how might you defend the LSU players in question here? Is there some weakness on DL and LB in your mind?

LSU O-line is a bit of a question mark. LSU Dline is very deep. Deeper it’s been in years.
I’m a tad worried about the LBs for LSU but they CB are the best duo in the nation by far. And I think S position is more than adequate.
Breezing through UCLA offense I don’t see much for WR. I expect them to try and run and use the TE I would guess.

It’s a road game so I get that, but more I look the more I like

LSU O-line is a bit of a question mark. LSU Dline is very deep. Deeper it’s been in years.
I’m a tad worried about the LBs for LSU but they CB are the best duo in the nation by far. And I think S position is more than adequate.
Breezing through UCLA offense I don’t see much for WR. I expect them to try and run and use the TE I would guess.

It’s a road game so I get that, but more I look the more I like

Yup. I have a hard time envisioning UCLA passing O against Sting and Ricks having consistent success. UCLA hasn't had difference makers at WR in forever that I remember. They will want to run and use TEs no doubt.

I'm starting to warm up to the idea of Kentucky sneaking into the top 2 in the East. Maybe by beating one of UGA/Florida and holding the right tie-breakers
I’m starting to as well. And thinking FLA isn’t gonna be as good…

Back