SEC Preseason Discussion

Yeah, it's nice for the fans/students to get home games that have some intrigue. Obviously the every other year Barn, LSU, Tamu etc home games are nice but you definitely need to spice it up a bit.

Honestly, I think most people are excited about the opportunity to travel to actual college campuses. Sure, it will be awesome to have them in Tuscaloosa, but for many of us, not much reason to ever visit Madison, Norman, South Bend, etc other than to go a game. Speaking of, probably need to start saving for that ticket at Notre Dame. Will be astronomical

Honestly, I think most people are excited about the opportunity to travel to actual college campuses. Sure, it will be awesome to have them in Tuscaloosa, but for many of us, not much reason to ever visit Madison, Norman, South Bend, etc other than to go a game. Speaking of, probably need to start saving for that ticket at Notre Dame. Will be astronomical
Yes, I'm thinking a grand at least. It was 800+ this time last year for UM-ND... Said no thanks

The fact that Florida‘s offense is receiving hype is an absolute joke. The rush attack loses half of its primary duo. Franks is nothing when he doesn‘t have all day to step into his throws so the o-line rebuild will hurt both the running game and his passing ability. His receivers are a pile of mediocrity ranging between lack of athleticism (VJ) and lack of technical polish (Grimes, Toney) Look at how sorely unproductive the passing game was against the better defenses/pass rushes faced. The offense will weigh Florida down

Don't quite agree with this. Receiving core will be our Strength and Offense should be better.
Is FLA #8? I don't think so. AUB,at LSU, then at SCar before GA game is a Killer.

Eh. Clemson made them look pretty pedestrian. UGA is in the same league talent-wise as Clemson, Notre Dame is not
Clemson did not make their D-line look pedestrian. Clemson could not run on them. In fact, as Paul Johnson pointed out, they were stopping the run with five in the box. And they got more pressure on TL than Bama did.

Clemson did not make their D-line look pedestrian. Clemson could not run on them. In fact, as Paul Johnson pointed out, they were stopping the run with five in the box. And they got more pressure on TL than Bama did.

I'm sure you are correct, I did little to no research on that game in particular, just remember the score. Now that you mention it, I think I do remember ND's defense acquitting itself pretty well, but couldn't stop the big play leading to a slightly misleading score. I think UGA will have a pretty awesome run game this season and Fromm is really good, especially when the run game is clicking. There is concern about WR for them, sure, but with the game in Athens, and Notre Dame's recent history against top 5 caliber teams, I think UGA should be a clear favorite to win this game. Maybe they are more likely to beat them Florida, or even AU, so will have to give it a good think before betting the game.

Nolan Turner's INT in the 3Q essentially ended the game. Up to that point, Clemson's tailbacks had run it 12 times for 43 yards, while TL had 5-26 on poitive plays and lost 19 yards on three sacks. Notre Dame's DL was really impressive, but they lost their best player, Tillery, so they could take a huge step backward. One thing I know: I'll be watching that game, probably with a bet on the under.

I'm interested to see how, if at all, UGA's offensive play-calling changes. I mentioned it here a few times last season, but UGA in 2017-18 basically looked like the pre-Kiffin Alabama on offense, with probably better talent at QB and WR, and no worse than equal at RB. UGA has fallen victim two years in a row trying to shorten the game in the second half against a dynamic offense. It's fine against most teams with the talent edge they have, but you aren't beating Alabama, Clemson, or someone similar like that

I'm interested to see how, if at all, UGA's offensive play-calling changes. I mentioned it here a few times last season, but UGA in 2017-18 basically looked like the pre-Kiffin Alabama on offense, with probably better talent at QB and WR, and no worse than equal at RB. UGA has fallen victim two years in a row trying to shorten the game in the second half against a dynamic offense. It's fine against most teams with the talent edge they have, but you aren't beating Alabama, Clemson, or someone similar like that
Curious as well. But more curious to see how Chaney does in Knoxville.
I expect the Vols to put up some points this year.

Curious as well. But more curious to see how Chaney does in Knoxville.
I expect the Vols to put up some points this year.

You may be right,but a lot of Fans here ain't sold on the QB position. Tough and Likeable kid but these Fans want another Manning so bad.

Auburn is sneaky, sneaky good. Watched the spring game and both freshmen QB impressive, especially Bo Nix.

Read an article that gave these odds for AU starting QB: Gatewood -150, Niz +110.

Gatewood seems to fit what Gus wants to do better than Nix, though I could definitely see both of them playing a bunch, especially within the first 4 games

Read an article that gave these odds for AU starting QB: Gatewood -150, Niz +110.

Gatewood seems to fit what Gus wants to do better than Nix, though I could definitely see both of them playing a bunch, especially within the first 4 games
I saw that number and was a bit surprised.

Thx for chiming in.

The important thing is that Tee Martin's son and Tee Martin's namesake are both Clemson Tigers. Also that Alabama covered the worst line in SEC history -- +14.5 vs UT in 1996.

I remind them Fuckers that all the time. :biglaugh:
Should have won in 96 but the Defense absolutely blew that game.
Manning threw for 500 yards and 4TDs (4 INTs and if I remember correctly 2 were on the goaline.
Gators went up 35-0 In the 1st half and won 35-29
Ugh Fucking Spurrier & Wuerffel
Then we couldn't stop Fragile Fred in 97

You may be right,but a lot of Fans here ain't sold on the QB position. Tough and Likeable kid but these Fans want another Manning so bad.
Not everyone knows but Trevor Lawrence and a lot of those WRs (Tee Higgins, Tee Martina son) were a cunt hair away from playing for the Vols.
The main factor was NONE wanted to play for Butch Jones. They didn’t like him at all.
But I don’t blame them. They did the right thing and picked a good one to play for.

Not everyone knows but Trevor Lawrence and a lot of those WRs (Tee Higgins, Tee Martina son) were a cunt hair away from playing for the Vols.
The main factor was NONE wanted to play for Butch Jones. They didn’t like him at all.
But I don’t blame them. They did the right thing and picked a good one to play for.

:bluehead:

Thank you, Dan Brooks! He dfinitely went out on top, as he retired just a few hours after the 2016 national championship was won. His pulling Tee Martin's son and Tee Martin's namesake out of east Tennessee in his last recruiting class (which signed a couple weeks after the natty in January 2017) was a big ol' cherry on top. And Dabo sure was sharp to scoop him up when Fulmer got fired. Also, QB Hunter Johnson was another de-commit y'all lost to us.

Last edited:
Back