SEC Prediction Thread

Ole Miss and Tenn. Ole Miss is Eason's first real road test (no offense to Mizzou) and there just isn't any reason Tenn shouldn't win the East this year.

This game could go either way. No chance I would play this one. UGA fans I know are over confident for 3 reasons:

1. They look at UNC as a basketball program and don't realize what Fedora has done.
2. They keep pointing to Marquise Williams being gone. However, Trubisky will end up being more consistent than Williams. The question is can he do it game one.
3. They seem to only think UNC played 2 games last year. SoCar and Baylor. They seem to forget that this team hung around with the eventually #2 team Clemson in the ACC Title game. Bowl games are bowl games and UNC had every opportunity to win that SoCar game.

That UNC OL and Hood will get yards on our DL. I expect their D to be better too with Chizik in year two.

Eason starting as a true frosh scares me. I don't care how good you will be you will struggle at first. Look at Stafford's first season in 2006. He really struggled early on but came on strong to close out the season (beat #5 AU at the time at AU). If Chubb and Sony are healthy than I think we can outscore them with our run game. Either way we have several question marks and I can't lay 3 points on us (Lost my ass in that early season game vs Boise St a few years back in The Dome).

I have flirted with taking the Dawgs here, but I think I'm over it now. I just can't lay points on a new coaching staff and freshman QB.

I agree with your thoughts on Fedora and UNC. They are certainly capable of winning the game, no question about it.

Ole Miss and Tenn. Ole Miss is Eason's first real road test (no offense to Mizzou) and there just isn't any reason Tenn shouldn't win the East this year.

This game could go either way. No chance I would play this one. UGA fans I know are over confident for 3 reasons:

1. They look at UNC as a basketball program and don't realize what Fedora has done.
2. They keep pointing to Marquise Williams being gone. However, Trubisky will end up being more consistent than Williams. The question is can he do it game one.
3. They seem to only think UNC played 2 games last year. SoCar and Baylor. They seem to forget that this team hung around with the eventually #2 team Clemson in the ACC Title game. Bowl games are bowl games and UNC had every opportunity to win that SoCar game.

4. Overconfidence is Georgia fans' default state.

I have no reason to think that UT is as good as Georgia this year. I feel like reminiscing about the first time I saw Georgia play UT, but I'll keep it short. It rained on the north stands for a good part of the second half, but the south stands stayed dry. Georgia 28-17. Sounds about right for this year too.

Back