SEC Championship Bama v. UGA

As a fellow Tide fan, what’s your prediction for how this game plays out and who wins in your mind?
Man, I don't know. I can see this going so many different ways. I think it will be a one score, 27-23 type game. UGA's front 7 vs Alabama's OL is the biggest mismatch in the game and you'd think that would be the story. But I do think Bryce Young is special, and that can cure a lot of ills. If Alabama allows UGA to play the way they've played all season: stifling defense, field position, and running the ball effectively, I don't see a way for Alabama to win. If Alabama can find a few holes in the UGA defense, and force Stetson Bennett to have to throw to win, I like our chances. Alabama will have to play pretty much mistake free, and we haven't seen that very often this season, so doing it against the #1 team seems like a tall order. But I've see other teams do it against Alabama over the years, so I know it's possible. I trust that the coaches will have a good plan and put our players in good positions, they just have to execute. Maybe UGA is just that team this season and it won't matter. As I've mentioned earlier, my sister is getting married during the game so I won't get to watch live. I'm just hoping I have a reason to watch the replay.

Stetson fucking Bennett laying 6.5 to Nick Saban is laughable. Guy has been front running all season on an elite team. Fully expect him to puke it up this week and Kirby not rolling with Daniels all year bites him in the ass.

Watch how fast Bennett gets rattled once he sees pressure for the second or third time all year.

Alabama has Nick Saban and the FAAAAAR better QB. You take the dog all day long.

Basically, Stetson's job is to not lose the game and not play hero ball. If he can extend a couple drives on 3rd and 4 that's a plus.

Nick will try to take away Bowers and force Stetson to stay in the pocket. When they last played he had about 6 balls batted down. It will be interesting how much Pickens is utilized.

Love this. Then again, I also think Alabama gonna get smoked

i lean uga but im kinda hesitant/scared to lay this number against bama, i keep eyeing their team total under 20.5 also, i mean i have jumped on almost every uga opponent team total under when it was dd this year and this the highest yet, obviously for good reason, the fast track worries me. i just dont know if young gonna have time to throw? not only do i think this bama worst oline in a long time i also think they have the worst OC they have had in long time as well, ive always thought obrien was overrated trash far as being some kind of "great offensive mind"!

Whatever mcshay has been going thru health wise must have affected his memory. All 11 starters on Alabama’s 2016 defense got drafted. That’s not even counting the backups that got drafted. Same for 2011 Alabama and LSU defense. I also think it likely that all 11 starters from last year’s Alabama offense end up drafted. Not to say that UGAs defense isn’t awesome and talented, but I don’t think what mcshay said here is even close to accurate

Not sure how if it's pulled but good news for Bama.

ATLANTA -- Alabama running back Brian Robinson Jr., who suffered a pulled hamstring last week in the Auburn game, plans to play Saturday against Georgia in the SEC championship game, sources told ESPN.

Despite UGA having a better defense than AU, I don’t think it’s possible for them to have a better result than the Tigers did for most of the game. I don’t think UGA’s offense will have much success either. I think it’s likely this is a one score game, and it’s trending to be low scoring

GPS
i cannot locate the thread but i was ranking the GA D with some of the top D's i have ever seen in the last 3 decades and you were respectful to them but the jury was still out for you because you wanted to see what happens first in this SEC CG.

you were dead on. i was dead wrong.

i don't care what happens the second half, i overrated the absolute shit out of this GA D.

well done. respect, Sir.

i was wrong.

Stetson fucking Bennett laying 6.5 to Nick Saban is laughable. Guy has been front running all season on an elite team. Fully expect him to puke it up this week and Kirby not rolling with Daniels all year bites him in the ass.

Watch how fast Bennett gets rattled once he sees pressure for the second or third time all year.

Alabama has Nick Saban and the FAAAAAR better QB. You take the dog all day long.

:cheers6:

Really impressed with how Alabama’s offensive line stepped up today. I had no reason to believe that would happen. That and the QB play made all the difference today

Is there any chance UGA was holding back knowing they are already in the CFP and might possibly see Alabama again? Just so crazy how this game played out. Maybe I’m grasping at straws?

Not sure how if it's pulled but good news for Bama.

ATLANTA -- Alabama running back Brian Robinson Jr., who suffered a pulled hamstring last week in the Auburn game, plans to play Saturday against Georgia in the SEC championship game, sources told ESPN.
I’ve pulled my hamstring a number of times and you can NOT rush or fake through that injury. No clue how he played a week later if it was indeed pulled.

I’ve pulled my hamstring a number of times and you can NOT rush or fake through that injury. No clue how he played a week later if it was indeed pulled.
Interesting. I heard "pulled" and thought "no way".

Couldn't have been that bad. Or Robinson is simply a bad ass.

Regardless, he was big today.

GPS
i cannot locate the thread but i was ranking the GA D with some of the top D's i have ever seen in the last 3 decades and you were respectful to them but the jury was still out for you because you wanted to see what happens first in this SEC CG.

you were dead on. i was dead wrong.

i don't care what happens the second half, i overrated the absolute shit out of this GA D.

well done. respect, Sir.

i was wrong.
I’ve said it before, but Kirby is still building a team that would dominate 10 years ago. I’ve seen this UGA team many times at Alabama. Starting in 2014, with the losses to ole miss and Ohio st, I started seeing how elite offense can beat elite defense. In 2016, Alabama had a defense on par (probably better in talent but not stats) than this years UGA team, and I watched Deshaun Watson and Clemson wear them down and beat them. In the UGA games I watched, you could see some cracks in the defense, but the teams just couldn’t capitalize and they had nowhere near enough talent to go blow for blow for 60 minutes. I also saw Bennett make great decisions and distribute the ball well, but you could also see he didn’t have the arm talent to make big league throws. I think Kirby mismanaged the QB situation again. I don’t know for a fact that Daniels is better, but based on recruiting ranks, my guess is that Daniels can make throws that Bennett cannot. Maybe Bennett is the better overall QB, but you could see the limitations physically if you were willing to look. It didn’t matter all season because UGA overmatched everyone they played, but when they took the field against a lesser team but with equal talent, and a huge advantage at QB, this was unsurprising. I am a little surprised at UGA getting zero sacks, but I felt confident Alabama would not play as poorly as they did last week. All that said, I do not want to play UGA again. I think Kirby is overrated as a coach, but he is a phenomenal recruiter and he has built a minor league nfl team and Alabama keeps losing critical players to injury

Really sucks. Positive part is they have plenty of time to work the young guys in. They won’t match Metchie obviously, but might soften the blow with time to practice instead of having to get acclimated in a week

I loved how when Metchie got hurt, wanted to stay on the sideline to watch the last drive / TD. And then immediately got pointed to the tent.

I listen to his weekly interview on the Nest Round. Solid kid. Hate to see this.

Last edited:
Rewatching highlights....

- On his fumble late in the 2Q Young was absolutely not going to give the ball back to Georgia. Fought off 3 defenders to get the ball back. The anti Cam approach.
- O line play was so improved. Not only handling the bull rushes but the twists and stunts, most of the time flawlessly.

Back