Miss St vs Louisville

Florida vs Virginia

UK vs Virginia Tech

AU vs Minnesota

Alabama vs Michigan

UGA vs Baylor

Tennessee vs Indiana

Last edited:
Alabama vs Michigan. We have so many guys here who follow both teams this game needs its own thread imo

I was starting to break down UK Indiana and Tennesee Louisville and they ended up changing them?

Got to think half that bama team sits from offense.

We'll hopefully know pretty soon, the draft-eligible players had a meeting yesterday to discuss not only the bowl, but who is coming back next season. I don't even want to mention some of the names I've heard are leaning toward coming back.

I tried for years to cap motivation, and the more I tried, the worst I did. So my philosophy is to just cap it as if every team will give full effort, unless there is some pretty compelling reasons to think otherwise. I do feel confident in saying that Tennessee is excited to be here. I think Florida too.

We'll hopefully know pretty soon, the draft-eligible players had a meeting yesterday to discuss not only the bowl, but who is coming back next season. I don't even want to mention some of the names I've heard are leaning toward coming back.
Cmon at least give us some positions hints. This feels like the offensive version of the defensive draft that happened was it just last year? From a dynasty fantasy perspective the WR position appears to be the strongest possibly ever.

Cmon at least give us some positions hints. This feels like the offensive version of the defensive draft that happened was it just last year? From a dynasty fantasy perspective the WR position appears to be the strongest possibly ever.

It's out there now, saw an SI.com article about it. The feeling today is that Jeudy, Najee and Jedrick Wills are definitely gone. I'd argue that Jeudy has been gone since about mid-season. They list as 75% likely to come back: Ruggs, Moses, Smith, Leatherwood, Terrell Lewis and Tua. Xavier McKinney is 50/50. Personally I think T Lewis is 100% gone since he participated in Senior Day, and like Jeudy, has been basically invisible for weeks. From a 2020 standpoint, getting Moses, 1 of the WR, 1 of the OL, and McKinney back would be massive. Getting Tua would be icing on the cake, but I think the others are more important

Some I could see others not so much. Mainly would be in complete shock if Tua came back but stranger things have happened. Moses would be huge but all of them would be obviously. On the flip side, will you have to turn away a boatload of commits to have room? The day I heard about Moses, I had a feeling it would be detrimental to your defense. Normally, I would say next man up with Bama but his presence and leadership qualities seemed a cut above to an outsider.

Some I could see others not so much. Mainly would be in complete shock if Tua came back but stranger things have happened. Moses would be huge but all of them would be obviously. On the flip side, will you have to turn away a boatload of commits to have room? The day I heard about Moses, I had a feeling it would be detrimental to your defense. Normally, I would say next man up with Bama but his presence and leadership qualities seemed a cut above to an outsider.

Hated the way it went down for us, but dude can ball for sho

I'm sure we'd make it work out numbers-wise. The Moses loss this season was huge. But more detrimental was Mack Wilson and Deionte Thompson leaving last year to be 5th round picks. You put those 3 on this year's team, and who knows where we are right now?

Outside of 60 minutes of game clock a year I root for these local kids no matter what colors they wear. Hard to find any fault in their decision to build their resume and propel themselves forward. Hope he’s able to make a full recovery to the player he was pre-injury.

It's out there now, saw an SI.com article about it. The feeling today is that Jeudy, Najee and Jedrick Wills are definitely gone. I'd argue that Jeudy has been gone since about mid-season. They list as 75% likely to come back: Ruggs, Moses, Smith, Leatherwood, Terrell Lewis and Tua. Xavier McKinney is 50/50. Personally I think T Lewis is 100% gone since he participated in Senior Day, and like Jeudy, has been basically invisible for weeks. From a 2020 standpoint, getting Moses, 1 of the WR, 1 of the OL, and McKinney back would be massive. Getting Tua would be icing on the cake, but I think the others are more important

I can't see Ruggs or Leatherwood coming back...both projected top 20. The rest yes. Tua NEEDS to come back imo, same for Moses.

Did Derrick Stingley Jr really not make SEC Coaches 1st team? And Delpit did?

What a fucking joke

Wow to both. Was listening to Stings stats on radio earlier in the week. I think it was passes defended and he had double anyone else in the conference. Also tied with interceptions. Yeah Nix May be only reason LSU beat Auburn this year.

I can live with Nix, whatever. He is a QB. I get it.

Are these the ACTUAL SEC coaches voting this? How in the ever living FUCK would Sting not be 1st team?

Matt Moscona actually somewhat predicted it may/likely would happen and that’s where I heard the stats. The fact that it was a teammate trying to get drafted high in a super loaded offensive draft makes me wonder if it wasn’t perhaps “arranged”. It looks like a career achievement award versus a season award at best.

The best part is the coaches just gave him the worst bulletin board material you could put out there for a guy like Sting. He’ll have 8 months to stew over it before next season.

At the end of the game Coach O said Stingley is a two-way player next year. Said he promised his Daddy he would use him only on D as a freshman, but he wants him on the field on offense next year.

Best freshman in the country.

I bet LSU against Oklahoma the minute it came up on the board. I don't OU staying with them very long

Last edited:
Yeah Ive heard that several times. It sort’ve concerns me. I’m already wondering how we will keep the offensive commits (mainly WRs) we have currently committed. 10 of the top 32 players for draft are WRs. If Jefferson returns I can’t possibly see all the top prospects signing a LOI. Where would he play? Am I seriously questioning Brady’s ability to be creative with talent?

I can totally see Alabama not showing up for this game at all. This is the first time in years that they are playing for nothing and the draft eligible guys will either not play at all or not give much effort in order not to sustain an injury. I can't say that I have any confidence in Michigan at this point but I think they will be the far more motivated team and think they will win outright.

I can totally see Alabama not showing up for this game at all. This is the first time in years that they are playing for nothing and the draft eligible guys will either not play at all or not give much effort in order not to sustain an injury. I can't say that I have any confidence in Michigan at this point but I think they will be the far more motivated team and think they will win outright.

I thought this initially, but it sounds like the players are pissed with the way things ended this season. I'm not certain anyone is going to sit out, but if there is, it will likely be Terrell Lewis and Jerry Jeudy, and honestly they've been non-factors since LSU. I'm starting to lean toward the team giving max effort. As a fan, I'd love to see a similar result to the last time we were in a non-major bowl against a team from Michigan. Sparty probably still has PTSD from that one

The Headlines:

"Alabama proves dominant over inferior Michigan team"

Or

"Michigan sneaks past uninterested and personnel depleted Alabama team that missed playoffs"

Yeah Ive heard that several times. It sort’ve concerns me. I’m already wondering how we will keep the offensive commits (mainly WRs) we have currently committed. 10 of the top 32 players for draft are WRs. If Jefferson returns I can’t possibly see all the top prospects signing a LOI. Where would he play? Am I seriously questioning Brady’s ability to be creative with talent?
The WR are all coming. Even losing one, which I don’t see gives LSU the best WR haul on paper in the country....add to what is still there even if JJ leaves.

With Major Burns and LSU parting ways and the Greene likely flip to Clemson, I’m hoping a S is in play.

From what I’ve heard and you have to I’m sure we have 5 “spots” open, even if it doesn’t “appear” so.....

Just need to finish strong

Lets just say politics. It’s very difficult to explain without being labeled racist in current times. It has nothing to do with race. It’s more about those who add to the team versus those who only take. It’s no secret our state is at the bottom on almost every list that matters. An approach that may work in other places fails here time and again. And to be clear I have strong feelings on the handling of things from both sides of the political aisle locally, state wide and nationally. You can’t force a square peg in a round hole. The future of LSU as a whole is brighter today just by the subtraction of one person. LSU athletics is but a piece of the pie but will certainly benefit by his departure.

So who you backing in this game? The media twists everything. To ignore the fact that very talented backups will be “interviewing” for next years starting roster seems risky to me. I never have a clear understanding of Big 10 teams even after Bowl season. Will Michigan make a statement for the conference? Will the former SEC QB have a game of a lifetime? In what appears to be a boring bowl season this is likely the most intriguing matchup.

So who you backing in this game? The media twists everything. To ignore the fact that very talented backups will be “interviewing” for next years starting roster seems risky to me. I never have a clear understanding of Big 10 teams even after Bowl season. Will Michigan make a statement for the conference? Will the former SEC QB have a game of a lifetime? In what appears to be a boring bowl season this is likely the most intriguing matchup.
Will have to wait till we see who plays etc. This is a scrimmage, as are 32+ of the bowl games. Shea should pass for 300+ with no problem...but let's see who plays first... I'll have a thread once we start getting more info about who's in and out. Last year I knew before the linesmakers who was sitting out for Mich which was nice to lock in FL early.

Will have to wait till we see who plays etc. This is a scrimmage, as are 32+ of the bowl games. Shea should pass for 300+ with no problem...but let's see who plays first... I'll have a thread once we start getting more info about who's in and out. Last year I knew before the linesmakers who was sitting out for Mich which was nice to lock in FL early.

Over probably safest play if Shea is passing for 300+ no problem. Alabama good for at least 500 yards offense and 35+ points even if Jeudy sits

Over probably safest play if Shea is passing for 300+ no problem. Alabama good for at least 500 yards offense and 35+ points even if Jeudy sits
Yeah, I have the over pretty large. Reeks of 45-38 kinda game

Again though, as far as the rest of it ..gotta see who plays etc. Pointless to break it down fully now. I also think it's 50/50 Brown is still here by then.

I know nothing of Michigan’s situation, but every indication down here is that nearly everyone that can play, will play

I know nothing of Michigan’s situation, but every indication down here is that nearly everyone that can play, will play
I haven't heard much yet which is odd. Black went into portal today which is a good thing. I'm curious about the corners most of all. It's not like they have a chance... As far as Bama goes...no surprise most will play... Someone mentioned that right away. Well it was a surprise at first but now it's not.

Back