Season suspended indefinitely

Figures it would be him, especially after he pulled that shit today wiping his hands all over the table and microphone at the end of his press conference, all smiles and joking around

My first reaction was that I was effectively being laid off by the corona virus and the NBA. But then I realized I have been bleeding out so much bankroll in the past couple months, I’m actually being bailed out by the corona virus and the NBA...

Service industry is going to be hit hard down here. I am still seeing tourists in town and ready to party but at least Zion is stepping in and doing something about it. Hopefully locals will do the same - we’re heading into our festival season so it’ll be tough for many who rely on this time of year to make some cash.

The NBA and NBPA announced they have reached agreement on on a 25% reduction in player salaries starting May 15th.

I don’t get the sense Silver/NBA has any appetite to be the first sport to open back up

I’m putting 50/50 this season gets finished

European football/soccer probably going have to lead the charge

Took a PR hit with the accessibility of testing ( mostly twitter)

I say fuck it who cares , stop worrying about people on Twitter

Took a PR hit with the accessibility of testing ( mostly twitter)

I say fuck it who cares , stop worrying about people on Twitter
The NBA likes to trend-set but this is a whole different arena. Could they be worried about backlash with already plummeting ratings?

The NBA and NBPA announced they have reached agreement on on a 25% reduction in player salaries starting May 15th.
I said it the post above yours, that will get the ball rolling. Once the players start seeing decreases pressure will mount.

The NBA likes to trend-set but this is a whole different arena. Could they be worried about backlash with already plummeting ratings?

I understand the concern , what happens if they isolate then someone test positive ? It’s really a nightmare scenario

but if they are waiting around for testing to be accessible to everyone then this season won’t happen

I knows it not the same thing , but player hurts his knee he has access to a MRI a hour later . That’s not how the real world works for the average joe, and no one cares

So the NBA has better access to testing , I think it’s worth the risk . NFL would do it . I don’t think people care that much

Last edited:
I understand the concern , what happens if they isolate then someone test positive ? It’s really a nightmare scenario

but if they are waiting around for testing to be accessible to everyone then this season won’t happen

I knows it not the same thing , but player hurts his knee he has access to a MRI a hour later . That’s not how the real world works for the average joe

So the NBA has better access to testing , I think it’s worth the risk . NFL would do it . I don’t think people care that much
Here's my thing... Someone tests positive, they go into quarantine. Then you test the others. That's it, it's like being on the injured list. NBA players are like us, they will need to get it at some point (or have had it). There really isn't much risk at all. Now, if a player has any underlying issues like asthma, address that beforehand.

I know the next point that will be made ..what if a team has an outbreak? Good question. I say you can expand playoff rosters. That is the tough part. I guess you just go with not ending the season or perhaps ending it in a non traditional way.

If NBA/MLB could collaborate and open together it would probably be better

NbA understandably doesn’t want the microscope on them.Unfortunately, there are a lot of people who don’t want sports to open back up it seems . Those people write and cover news for prominent media organizations

If NBA/MLB could collaborate and open together it would probably be better

NbA understandably doesn’t want the microscope on them.Unfortunately, there are a lot of people who don’t want sports to open back up it seems . Those people write and cover news for prominent media organizations
It's absolutely amazing to me that these media types are so against it...this includes sports media. I'm totally baffled by it. Some of these guys get extremely defensive about it as well.

It's absolutely amazing to me that these media types are so against it...this includes sports media. I'm totally baffled by it. Some of these guys get extremely defensive about it as well.

yeah some of these people were upset NFL was doing free agency

single elimination tournament of "21".

Winner faces HORSE champ in a battle of champions to decide the NBA title.

I hope they take the year off, personally.

I do not think there is much risk in playing, and I certainly think it would be a boom for the ratings and popularity. When you are the only game in town, and there is no dilution from CBB, NHL, MLB etc. AND people are stuck at home, what are they gonna watch? Another Law and Order rerun?

single elimination tournament of "21".

Winner faces HORSE champ in a battle of champions to decide the NBA title.

I hope they take the year off, personally.

I do not think there is much risk in playing, and I certainly think it would be a boom for the ratings and popularity. When you are the only game in town, and there is no dilution from CBB, NHL, MLB etc. AND people are stuck at home, what are they gonna watch? Another Law and Order rerun?

I may be watching Law and Order reruns. That’s a tough call for me, I can’t get enough of it. 456 episodes of the original Law and Order. Four hundred and fifty six!!

Back