Season Long BAR College Football Plays and Analysis Thread...

Time for a bitch session...

We have 42 points at half in Dallas, and that is great...

Obviously, kick the FG there to end half SMU... morons... and a missed FG earlier....

So, we are missing points.

My issue is with TCU though...

You have 3 timeouts there at the end of the half... you are moving the ball on them...

WHY NOT USE TIMEOUTS? You could have gotten the ball back with 90 seconds or so to perhaps get the lead, then you get the ball to start the 2H. You have given up 350 yards, you suck... you need points. Taking timeouts there does nothing to help SMU, they were getting their 4 plays off in the goal to goal situation either way.

This isn't about the play on the game, this is about strategy. Yeah, you got lucky with an interception on 4th down but in all honesty you were looking at a 7 point deficit going to half, 3 at worst.

You gotta give your team a bonus poss there.

Inexcusable.

God I want to meet you at Chuck E Cheese right now where you can hammer those pop up gremlins

Seems like you need that

2h Utah St +3.5 -110
1.5 units

2h Utah St tt o14 -110
1.5 units

Yardage is there, they can still win this game or at least make it a tight one in the 4th...

The USU plays not looking good... had to cap that box though (and bit of watching) but now they gotta use the air game a lot...so not looking great... Odd game.

Coastal 1H easy peasy.

Stuck on the game total, as 2h is 28...really needed UMASS to do something there at the end...I do think they'll get something...just hope Coastal keeps scoring... gonna be tenuous there methinks...

Need another TD in Dallas... feels like this should be in the 70's by now but that is just what these teams do...bad decisions and turnovers...what makes their games exciting so far this year...

Need another TD in Dallas... feels like this should be in the 70's by now but that is just what these teams do...bad decisions and turnovers...what makes their games exciting so far this year...
This is the best part of it

Bad decisions...like what Im'a do with an SMU grad later

14-19 (4.48) posted...

This card is pretty gross overall and maybe a perfect time to get a personal bye week in.

The line seems wrong in Madison, but I have to dissect this one more.

Obviously my favorite team is playing their biggest game of the year... I need a nice performance from Matty to hopefully take a commanding Heisman lead. We shall see... you would think their are some great possibilities bet-wise here... definitely has some potential on the live market...

I wish Purdue wasn't so banged up...

The Bearcats line is obviously very strong, and for good reason. They should win this game on the field.

BGSU mise well get another cover, right?

Marshall is a team that I have liked the last few years, but those are two very tough losses in a row. At least they had some extra time off after the last one.

UCLA... watch it live and bet accordingly...

Weird spot for Fresno on the island... feels like some flatness to it...

14-19 (4.48) posted...

This card is pretty gross overall and maybe a perfect time to get a personal bye week in.

Obviously my favorite team is playing their biggest game of the year... I need a nice performance from Matty to hopefully take a commanding Heisman lead. We shall see... you would think their are some great possibilities bet-wise here... definitely has some potential on the live market...

The Bearcats line is obviously very strong, and for good reason. They should win this game on the field.

Marshall is a team that I have liked the last few years, but those are two very tough losses in a row. At least they had some extra time off after the last one.

MATTTTY

14-19 (4.48) posted...

Warming up to the fact that BG will lose their undefeated ATS record this week. Hearing reports that Kent is glad to be out of “tough non conference” and get back to “teams their speed”. I think last year’s result will be a model of this one. Kent O has been stymied thusfar by superior P5 defenses. I think kent lets loose on BG and reminds them that they are bottom feeders.
Kent. -16.5
Kent 1H
Kent TT over
Kent 1H TT over

Seriously, all in…ultimate buy low spot with an above average MAC (who has run up against 3 above average P5 teams) facing a team with very high confidence who has lost to the only true P5 team they have played. -16.5 is a gift.

I just was looking at Wolverines sled. Man that daunting…kinda pulling for em in the B10. Get by this weekend and hope Sparty doesn’t do Sparty things and it’s there with the remaining meat left to make a run!!

Warming up to the fact that BG will lose their undefeated ATS record this week. Hearing reports that Kent is glad to be out of “tough non conference” and get back to “teams their speed”. I think last year’s result will be a model of this one. Kent O has been stymied thusfar by superior P5 defenses. I think kent lets loose on BG and reminds them that they are bottom feeders.
Kent. -16.5
Kent 1H
Kent TT over
Kent 1H TT over

Seriously, all in…ultimate buy low spot with an above average MAC (who has run up against 3 above average P5 teams) facing a team with very high confidence who has lost to the only true P5 team they have played. -16.5 is a gift.
I love this post.

I just was looking at Wolverines sled. Man that daunting…kinda pulling for em in the B10. Get by this weekend and hope Sparty doesn’t do Sparty things and it’s there with the remaining meat left to make a run!!
Very tough road schedule man.

Brutal.

Kent. -16.5
Kent 1H
Kent TT over
Kent 1H TT over

It’s a gift if they fix the red zone woes, granted they were against better teams but they had like 7 trips vs Terps d who not that great and scored 16 points. Drop in competition should help no doubt. That just a big number if they kicking Fgs.

Kent. -16.5
Kent 1H
Kent TT over
Kent 1H TT over

I have really looked into this more and will be doing a few things with this game as well.

Kent was on my list early but have semi-soured...with that being said... the competition has a lot to do with that. I think they complete poss in the RZ and have some fun this weekend.

Otherwise, the game I am concentrating on is the Texas and TCU game. This horned frogs defense is awful and I see the Horns putting up points in bunches again. TT will be on the table here, just letting the number settle a bit...

(Edit: looked at weather a few days ago, obviously missed this one -- so wait n see)

Light week, as mentioned earlier as I think those will be my two concentrated games.

Last edited:
Tcu defense has been really bad, even if you excuse the smu game cal scoring over 30 on ya is a really bad sign!!

Rain should be ending around kick in Ft Worth...

Fine weather in Kent

Kent St tt 1h o19.5 -115
2.5 units
Kent St tt o36.5 -115 2.5 units
Texas tt o 1h tt o17 -110 1.75 units
Texas tt 035.5 -110 1.75 units

of those, I may still add to Kent 1h...and will track a slow start for Texas(just in case)

Rain should be ending around kick in Ft Worth...

Fine weather in Kent

Kent St tt 1h o19.5 -115 2.5 units
Kent St tt o36.5 -115 2.5 units
Texas tt o 1h tt o17 -110 1.75 units
Texas tt 035.5 -110 1.75 units

of those, I may still add to Kent 1h...and will track a slow start for Texas(just in case)

fuck man. i gotta do this too again?

Brutal day.

Said it was a good week to take off, I know better.

The kicker is Texas kicking FGs all day. Then being stopped at the goal line.

Fun times.

Brutal day.

Said it was a good week to take off, I know better.

The kicker is Texas kicking FGs all day. Then being stopped at the goal line.

Fun times.

Trust the process. Better days ahead. Those bullshit ones will turn to wins. It all evens out.

Told ya I had a fade for ya.
Just couldn’t put them away. Horrible execution on offense in the 2nd half. Feel lucky to have split 1H TT over and game TT over (although both should have won). Couldn’t handle the pressure in the 2nd half and never attempted to make an adjustment

Just couldn’t put them away. Horrible execution on offense in the 2nd half. Feel lucky to have split 1H TT over and game TT over (although both should have won). Couldn’t handle the pressure in the 2nd half and never attempted to make an adjustment
I didn't get to see much so thanks for the summary. At halftime, I just figured they'd outscore them tbh.

I didn't get to see much so thanks for the summary. At halftime, I just figured they'd outscore them tbh.
App st blitzed and blitzed, from what I saw flipping back and forth between it and baseball. Run blitz, obv pass down blitz, just constant pressure that coastal could neither handle blocking wise, not made adjustments to scheme. Others feel free to chime in, but that’s what i took away from it.

App st blitzed and blitzed, from what I saw flipping back and forth between it and baseball. Run blitz, obv pass down blitz, just constant pressure that coastal could neither handle blocking wise, not made adjustments to scheme. Others feel free to chime in, but that’s what i took away from it.
I had CC -3 and TT over 32.5 for 1/2 unit and luckily hedged off the -3 live (at 14-0 CC App St. was +17.5 live lol). Agree - 2h CC play calling was horrendous. It was clear App St was stronger on the line up the middle and CC kept running it up there on 1st down, getting into 2nd/3rd and longs - then App St would blitz, even though they were also getting good pressure w/o blitzing. CC needed to get out on the edges and get creative on 1st down and just wouldn't do it - arrogant/stubborn. I was dumbfounded by the play calling on 1st down in the 2h. But it wasn't a fluke game either - App St was stronger on the LOS pure and simple. Turned out CC just hadn't played anybody and they are simply not that good. Their defensive strategy in 1H once up 14-0 was mind boggling too - left corners 1 on 1 and gave up big pass after big pass to let App St back in it. If I'm a power 5 I'm not in any hurry to hire that CC HC. He's done wonderful there obviously but I see some serious flaws too.

I had CC -3 and TT over 32.5 for 1/2 unit and luckily hedged off the -3 live (at 14-0 CC App St. was +17.5 live lol). Agree - 2h CC play calling was horrendous. It was clear App St was stronger on the line up the middle and CC kept running it up there on 1st down, getting into 2nd/3rd and longs - then App St would blitz, even though they were also getting good pressure w/o blitzing. CC needed to get out on the edges and get creative on 1st down and just wouldn't do it - arrogant/stubborn. I was dumbfounded by the play calling on 1st down in the 2h. But it wasn't a fluke game either - App St was stronger on the LOS pure and simple. Turned out CC just hadn't played anybody and they are simply not that good. Their defensive strategy in 1H once up 14-0 was mind boggling too - left corners 1 on 1 and gave up big pass after big pass to let App St back in it. If I'm a power 5 I'm not in any hurry to hire that CC HC. He's done wonderful there obviously but I see some serious flaws too.
Add those dumb personal foul penalties too in the 1H.

The thing is…with a qb if mccall’s ability, it’s easy to beat the blitz with screens and moving the pocket. Like you said, they just wouldn’t do it. Zero adjustments in game, which is concerning. Don’t get me wrong, app st played well and probably deserved to win. But the oc (or whoever calls plays) needs to go back to the drawing boars and figure out how to beat a blitz. And the answer is not a 3 step drop from the shotgun on 3rd and 12 trying to hit a perfectly timed out route.

Back